BDSM Clubs/Bars

moon_spirit

Experienced
Tell me about your favorite BDSM clubs and bars around the county (USA). I am starting to compile a list of places I would like to check out! Please include all pros and cons to these clubs and anything that would be nice to mention :) Thank you!!!!!:heart:

The Crucible in DC is my home club, but until it reopens, the Baltimore Playhouse has been good to me, too.

Bondage a go-go in Minneapolis. Warning though they play awful goth music very loud. There's a dominatrix servicing bar patrons for a fee with a wild array of crops and such. Women dancing in cages. Pretty interesting place to meet like minded people.

Paddles

Im new to this and Im wanting to go to Paddles NY between 7 and 8th Ave and West 26 for some fun

Last edited:
BDSM Bar/Clubs 101

Pardon my ignorance...

I am very interested/curious in visiting a BDSM club/bar with my sub but really have no idea what to expect.

I've done some preliminary research (memberships required, no alcohol, no photos, strict rules, etc) but what exactly is a "play space"? Big room with couches? High top tables? Private booths and banquettes? Are food and non-alcoholic beverages typically available?

Any info would be appreciated, just trying to understand what we'd be getting ourselves into...

Yes there are, but I don't know where :)

Try asking Mindfondler and Malich - they'll know the good 'safe' places :) xx

Bondage a go-go in Minneapolis. Warning though they play awful goth music very loud. There's a dominatrix servicing bar patrons for a fee with a wild array of crops and such. Women dancing in cages. Pretty interesting place to meet like minded people.

Hey neighbor!

Bolt on Washington Ave in Mnpls can be fun. It's a gay/leather bar but on specific nights they'll have kink-oriented events for all. Just check the site's calendar.

Hey neighbor!

Bolt on Washington Ave in Mnpls can be fun. It's a gay/leather bar but on specific nights they'll have kink-oriented events for all. Just check the site's calendar.

Ok I've never heard of bolt. Although I haven't been to the downtown night life recently. Thanks maybe one night soon I will check Bolt out. :)

Ok I've never heard of bolt. Although I haven't been to the downtown night life recently. Thanks maybe one night soon I will check Bolt out. :)

It's right off Washington Ave so you don't have to get in to the heart of downtown. Be sure to check out their calendar so you don't end up going on burlybear/keg night (unless that's what you want to attend :) ) They have more kink specific events. I think the site is eaglebolt.

Minnesota Moose in northeast has some random events, too. There was a fun back to school spanking thing last fall. I found out about those on fet life.

It's right off Washington Ave so you don't have to get in to the heart of downtown. Be sure to check out their calendar so you don't end up going on burlybear/keg night (unless that's what you want to attend :) ) They have more kink specific events. I think the site is eaglebolt.

Minnesota Moose in northeast has some random events, too. There was a fun back to school spanking thing last fall. I found out about those on fet life.

Yes I use to work near Washington ave so that's not bad. Lol no I don't want to attend anything like burly/keg night or really anything gay related. Lesbians are okay though. :D

Yes I'm on fetlife. Lots of events are found there.

Thanks again

In my admittedly limited experience these places are all different.

A play space is a space to play in. It might or might not have special equipment or you might bring your own. People can watch but should not be loud or interfere with the scene.

Sex as in PIV or Oral doesn't happen.

Drinking is not allowed.

Some have private rooms to rent and even bnb rooms.

Often there are monthly meetings with demos or for other reasons.

Pardon my ignorance...

I am very interested/curious in visiting a BDSM club/bar with my sub but really have no idea what to expect.

I've done some preliminary research (memberships required, no alcohol, no photos, strict rules, etc) but what exactly is a "play space"? Big room with couches? High top tables? Private booths and banquettes? Are food and non-alcoholic beverages typically available?

Any info would be appreciated, just trying to understand what we'd be getting ourselves into...

Tell me about your favorite BDSM clubs and bars around the county (USA). I am starting to compile a list of places I would like to check out! Please include all pros and cons to these clubs and anything that would be nice to mention :) Thank you!!!!!:heart:

I'd like to try one in Manhattan NY called Paddles

Club Fallout over here in the RVA USA!

fohad.gif

In New York City, I'd recommend Paddles, on West 26th Street. Safe, kink-friendly atmosphere, and pretty centrally located in Manhattan. Although I should add that I haven't been there in years, so things might have changed in the interim. Enjoy!

http://www.paddlesnyc.com/

The Woodshed in Orlando, Florida is fun. I have taken my current sub there several times.

It is more of a traditional BDSM club then a sex club. Public nudity yes. Kinky pan sexual play yes. Paddling, flogging, intricate rigging/hoisting of people in bondage yes. Public intercourse or alcohol No. Cameras No. There are two seperate dungeons and lots of various play stations, crosses, cages, tables, medical chairs etc. They have loaner implements of seduction/destruction. Floggers whips paddles and the like.

If you go on a Friday it's much slower then the weekend and will let you get a good introductory tour and familiarized with the rules of cleaning up, aftercare and other good to know best practices.

Fun times.

Out of curiosity, is The Woodshed no PIV/PIA, no oral, no manual, etc? How do they define intercourse?

Back