Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they like? :kiss:

That scene in the Singapore pirates' den in At World's End (Pirates of the Caribbean), when they're all sitting around in tubs in the steam.

The outside is European..like the Palace of Versailles..with a statue of a man on a horse..Inside it's European again...plush, lots of servants (boys to give you towels, girls to massage you later, after the round of shower, shave, salt room, cold dip pool, the communal warm bath with fountains and ornate decorations. then upstairs in a fluffy bath robe for the foot bath and massage..in oversized armchairs, a small TV , snacks and drinks and cigarettes (although I was told that smoking while getting a massage is counterproductive).
And if you are too relaxed after all that you can sleep in your chair overnight or get a room in the building's hotel.
And all for a song.

The outside is European..like the Palace of Versailles..with a statue of a man on a horse..Inside it's European again...plush, lots of servants (boys to give you towels, girls to massage you later, after the round of shower, shave, salt room, cold dip pool, the communal warm bath with fountains and ornate decorations. then upstairs in a fluffy bath robe for the foot bath and massage..in oversized armchairs, a small TV , snacks and drinks and cigarettes (although I was told that smoking while getting a massage is counterproductive).
And if you are too relaxed after all that you can sleep in your chair overnight or get a room in the building's hotel.
And all for a song.

For a song? That sounds like a good deal. What song did you sing?

The Lark Ascending? ;)

Landing the Carreidas 160 Jet on the little island in the Tintin story Flight 714. :)

Ottakar's Bookstores...

ottakars%20putney.jpg

Foyles! To that, as long as you are a certain, shall we say vintage, age, you can only associate

TOTAL CHAOS!

LOL

'Lo Sugar :heart:

My customers thought my bookshop was as chaotic as Foyles if much smaller, but I knew where every book was.

*Abebooks.com* or *co.uk* Booklovers heaven - millions of books

Leeds City Books.

The little second hand bookshop where I worked for a short happy spell when I came back to Somerset from Pakistan. It had been an ambition of mine to work in a bookshop but I thought I'd have to wait till I retired from something 'serious' to do it! My only remaining unfulfilled ambition: to read the shipping forecast. I'm turning over plans for that :devil: <snerk>.

The little second hand bookshop where I worked for a short happy spell when I came back to Somerset from Pakistan. It had been an ambition of mine to work in a bookshop but I thought I'd have to wait till I retired from something 'serious' to do it! My only remaining unfulfilled ambition: to read the shipping forecast. I'm turning over plans for that :devil: <snerk>.

You'll be needing this map, then.

Perfect! I can always rely on you, my dear, for the technical detail, so necessary, and which I for one deeply appreciate. :rose:

Here be my inevitable association to your extremely helpful map:

herebedragons.gif

Not true, I'm sorry to say.
My Dragon is a mountain thing, not a marine thing, but I appreciate the map, should I need to go hunting. I think he'd rather like that.
I wonder what the eggs would reveal. . . . :devil:

Not true, I'm sorry to say.
My Dragon is a mountain thing, not a marine thing, but I appreciate the map, should I need to go hunting. I think he'd rather like that.
I wonder what the eggs would reveal. . . . :devil:

Be careful! They might be curate's eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back