Guardians of the North

Aravir felt Moira move beneath him, her body responding to his every touch and thrust with delight. Their bodies seemed to become almost one as he thrust in and she arched up to meet him, then relaxed as he withdrew. As he sped up she matched his vigor with her own, thrusting herself up to meet him and crying out in pleasure.

He knew he had found the woman of his dreams and nothing was ever going to come between them, including this stupid war, her father or even the world. He would fight them all as long as he had her beside him.

Kissing her passionately he increased his thrusts, pumping into her harder and faster until with a cry of pure joy he came inside of her. Thrusting inside a few more times he continued to spurt his seed inside of her until he was spent, then he collapsed beside her and while still buried inside her, pulled her close and kissed her all over.

"I am the luckiest man in the world my love. I have you as my wife." He grinned then looked thoughtful. "No let's not say luckiest, let's say happiest. I think that is better," he smiled as he leaned over and kissed her deeply.
 
Her hand found his cheek and stroked it as he kissed her. She was spent and it felt wonderful to simply lay here in his arms, no matter that they were in a barn. There was no place she wouldn't go to be with him, no place she would rather be than his arms.

When he broke their kiss and pulled back, she looked into his eyes and grinned, "I was going to say you were a lucky man to have me. It's good that you are the happiest, too!" Laughing, she ran her hand down his side until it rested on his hip.

"Truly, Aravir, I did not come to your kingdom looking for a husband, only an ally. Things have turned out much differently than I envisioned, but I cannot say that I am sorry. I don't think I will ever let you forget how you tricked me into marriage, but I also won't ever let you forget that I am very happy to be your wife."

Moira softly continued, "You've succeeded in wearing me out this evening, both with our training and our love making and, unless you want us to be found here sleeping in the morning, we should probably make our way back to our chamber."
 
Aravir looked around and blushed. He had actually forgotten where they were for a moment and he quickly got up and then found their clothes and handed Moira hers before dressing quickly and waited for her.

Then after putting away their practice swords he led her to the door and kissing her deeply once again, walked with her back into the castle.

They were lucky and made it back to their room with minimal fuss and he soon had a bath ready for them. He knew he definitely needed one but he was not sure if his wife was going to b joining him or not. She had definitely looked tired and he would not be surprised if she fell right asleep. He was just glad he had the servants heat the water or he would have before it got hot.

"Care to join me my love. I promise no funny business. I believe I am too tired for that. Of course if you want to prove me wrong," he chuckled.
 
Dressing quickly, Moira watched as he gathered their swords. He moved with purpose and ... well, grace. That was the only word that came to mind. His hands were large and his arms well muscled from use of the heavy swords. She knew that, as a warrior, he must have practiced most of every day when he wasn't off fighting in a war. Even when he taught her, she could tell that the swords they were using were nothing for him to lift and swing in their mock battles.

As they hurried through the castle, they quietly avoided those rooms that might still be filled with people. It wouldn't do to be questioned about where they had been. Moira breathed a sigh of relief as a servant closed the door behind them and she came to rest on a stool. She had no idea that she still had hay in her hair until she let it down and brushed it as she watched the bath being filled.

She hadn't said a word since entering the chamber and, even as she slipped out of her clothes and let them fall to floor, she simply listened to Aravir humming under his breath. Moira might has answered him when he asked about her joining him, but she was already asleep in the middle of their bed.

When he joined her later, she didn't awaken but simply turned so that she was in his arms and continued there until the morning came.
 
Aravir had been surprised when she didn't answer and had swiveled in the water so he could see her, only to find her already asleep on the bed. Smiling he had quickly washed himself and then soaked for a bit in the hot water to allow his muscles to relax.

Finally he had gotten out, dried himself and put on a nightshirt before approaching the bed. He smiled down at his wife and gently moved her over to her side and covered her up, picking a few loose pieces of hay out of her head. It would not be good for a servant to find them tomorrow. Then he slipped in beside her.

Why he had bothered to move her was a mystery as she immediately rolled into his arms and sighed in contentment and fell into a deeper sleep. Chuckling Aravir kissed the top of her head and getting comfortable fell asleep himself.

He awoke first and gently extricated himself from her and got another hot bath ready. He knew she would be stiff and sore and a hot bath would be precisely what she needed. Just as it was ready he moved back to the bed and gently kissed her awake.

"Morning sleepy head, time to wake up. Your bath is ready your Majesty," he teased. "You should take advantage of it before another big day of royal duties."
 
Still lying in the middle of the bed, Moira stirred as she felt his kiss and heard him speak to her. Stretching her arms above her head, she could feel the ache in her arms and lower back. Did she hear him mention a bath? Opening her eyes, she saw Aravir next to the bed and smiled at him.

"I am so achy this morning. My training yesterday was quite hard. Well, you know," she blushed, "the training after the training."

Sitting up on the edge of the bed, she still felt a little drowsy but knew that they had many things to attend to this day. She had so many questions and, as she walked over and sank into the hot water, she started peppering Aravir with them one right after the other.

"What's on our schedule today? Are the soldiers and horses rested sufficiently? Have you seen Sir Niall yet this morning? When will we leave?" She looked up when she was finished. Her husband hadn't answered any of her questions and she was beginning to wonder why.
 
Aravir had been getting ready for the day, but the sight of his wife's naked body had once again distracted him.

As she looked at him, he realized that she had been talking to him and he quickly replayed the last several minutes in his mind.

"Yes the soldiers are fine and ready to go.We will meet Sir Niall after you have had your bath and are dressed and we will be leaving just after lunch. We won't be going far today, just to the staging grounds outside of the city, but tomorrow we will leave early and begin our true travels into your kingdom."

He made sure to emphasize Her kingdom. The quicker she came to think of it as such the easier it would be.
 
Hearing that they would be leaving soon, she took her time bathing and washing her hair. This would be the last time for such luxury for possible a long time. Dunking in the water to rinse the soap from her hair one last time, Moira rose from the bath and stood there dripping wet and fully aware of the effect it could have on Aravir.

Slowly bending to reach for a towel, she wondered if it were prudent to tease her husband this way when they needed to be dressed and seeing to the beginning of their day. After all, that was the reason he had awakened her and told her to rise, instead of teasing her with kisses until she was awake, and then lying with her.

Every moment that they stayed here, the enemies were in her kingdom and hurting those that were looking for protection from her father, their king. Destroying crops, taking food and leaving them to starve. Her blood boiled at these thoughts and she dressed quickly, allowing her maid to fix her hair.

Aravir still seemed lost in thought, so she didn't speak to gain his attention. She simply waited and prepared to be ready as soon as he said it was time to go.
But, she couldn't help admiring the way his body fit his clothing and the way he walked, or simply nodded in thought. He was a very handsome warrior and, in any other circumstances, she would have thought him attractive, anyway. But, knowing that he was her husband, and he spent his nights at her side warming her bed...those thoughts made her heart swell and kept the blood flowing in her loins.
 
He had watched his wife rise from the bath and had groaned inwardly. Gods she was beautiful and he could still not believe that she was his wife. Of course when she bent over to pick up a towel it was all he could do to restrain himself from rushing over and taking her then and there. very time he saw her he wanted to and especially when she was naked, and he was pretty sure she was teasing him right now. Yet he knew that they didn't have time.

Still tonight she would pay for her impudence and he would be sure to remind her why. For now though he turned away from the sight and began to think of all the things that had to be done just to settle himself. Food for the army, extra arrows, cloth and iron for repairs, leather, even wheels just in case one of the wagons broke one. Of course it was then a matter of how much to take. They could forage on the way and resupply as they were not in foreign or hostile lands, but they had been devastated by war for so long the people would not have much.

All of this was running through his head as his wife got ready and once he noticed she was he smiled at her. "Well then My Lady, shall we go and visit with Sir Niall? I have a few last minute things to discuss with him and then we can get ready to move out. Oh and I have a little surprise for you as well."

He wondered how she would react to the set of armor he had commissioned for her. It was lighter than normal and he had made sure it was more elaborate and shiny so it stood out. Yet it would still protect her well and he and a hand picked unit would be with her at all times. It was to inspire the men and show that she was with them at all times.
 
She was ready and, when he bid her to come, she walked across the room and went with him down the stone hallway and out into the morning sunlight in search of Sir Niall.

Everywhere she turned there were soldiers milling about taking care of loading wagons, some were calling out to others to fetch things that needed to be put in different areas. She stopped for a moment and took it all in. This was all being done for her kingdom, to keep the enemy from taking over more villages, to regain the ground that had already been lost in battle. She didn't know how many men the invading army had, or when they would finally be tired of attacking, but she hoped that her men.. and Aravir's men...would be able to withstand them.

That is why she needed Aravir. He had the knowledge to fight, the skill that would help them. Walking quickly, she caught up to him and walked beside him trying to keep up with his long strides. He stood tall among the others and she would have feared to come upon him as his enemy.

Soon, they had found what they were looking for. Sir Niall was in the midst of the yard giving orders to some, listening to others, and he looked up when he saw Aravir and Moira approach.
 
Sir Niall snapped to attention when he saw them coming but Aravir waved that off and motioned for him to stand easy. "Enough of that. We are not on a parade ground now Sir Niall. We need to know how things are going."

Smiling the man gestured around himself. "Very well actually your Majesties. Most things have already been moved and loaded except for a few last minute items. The men have been squared away and are ready to march, and clearance has been approved so we should be ready to go within the hour."

Aravir nodded. He clapped the man on the shoulder and looked around. "Good man. I will leave everything in your capable hands. My lady and I must take our leave from our hosts, then get dressed for the occasion. We will meet you at the gates in an hour."

Aravir turned and took Moira's hand and began to lead her towards the throne room. "Just one more duty my love then we can be on our way. Oh after you get that little surprise I was telling you about," he smiled mischievously.
 
Moira stood silently beside her husband as he spoke with Sir Niall, but her eyes were taking in all the preparations that were being done. There were many soldiers milling about with a purpose, none standing idle. There were wagons loaded and ready, she could hear the horses whinny in the stables behind them. Along with the soldiers were their wives and children who would follow behind ensuring that the wagons of food and shields and spears were taken care of. Everyone had a job to do, and they did so willingly.

She felt a tug on her hand which brought her out of her reverie and she followed Aravir back across the courtyard. His last comment slowly sunk in and, by the time they had reached the doors of the throne room, she was smiling. Now wasn't the time to be cheeky with him, not when they were saying farewells and thanking their hosts... she would save that for later.

As they left to return to their rooms, she noticed that she had to walk fast to keep up with her husband. This promise that he made to her must be very important to him. At least, she hoped it was. She knew what he had in mind, and she couldn't wait to close the door behind them.
 
Aravir glanced back at his wife and saw the look on her face. He knew what she must be thinking and he turned around before she could see the smile upon his face. Oh he would love nothing better than to do something like that, but now was not the time. No, he had a far different surprise planned for her and one she would never guess in a thousand years.

He opened the doors to their rooms and then shooed out all the maids until they were alone. He had arranged for his surprise to be delivered while he had been inspecting everything and knew it was waiting for them in the bedroom. Another little tease on his part.

"Well I promised you a surprise my Dear and I am a man of my word. If you will kindly undress down to your undergarments and follow me into the bedroom," he said with a lopsided grin.

He waited until she did and then led her inside, wondering exactly what she was thinking but knowing it was so far from the truth.

As they entered He pointed at a large covered object at the foot of the bed. It was vaguely human shaped and he chuckled at her face as she saw it. "If you would care to remove that covering dear wife I think you may be surprised."

Underneath was a suit of armor he had specially made for her. It was lighter than normal, and had silver and gold molded into it. It was made not so much to protect, although it would, but to stand out on the battlefield. Next to it was a full set of padded garments meant to be worn under it.

"I know it's not exactly what you were thinking of my love, but I hope you like it all the same," he chuckled.
 
Undress down to her garments?

It was a strange request, but she didn't hesitate to begin disrobing as he watched with that little smirk on his face. Whatever he had in mind for her was bound to cause her the greatest of pleasures, as always.

It wasn't until she followed him and saw the bed that her smile faltered along with her steps. What was this? It looked like a body under a covering, and she wondered what exactly he was thinking. The desire that had been building inside her was instantly doused as if a bucket of cold water had been poured over her head.

Moira glanced at him as he spoke, her blue eyes full of questions even as she continued forward to stand at the foot of the bed. Tentatively, her hand reached out to grasp the cover and slowly lifted it away. When it lay on the floor at her feet, she stood stock still even as her mind raced.

Aravir had ensured she had armor. He had thought to protect her as they went forward to rid the countryside of her enemies. Their enemies.

One finger slide over the breastplate to feel the cold harness as she took it all in. Slowly she turned to Aravir, then Moira threw herself into his arms laughing.

"You are amazing! How did you know what size? When did you do this? How could I not know?"

She felt his chest heaving as he laughed but she was already turning back to lift some of the padding she saw there. Holding it up to her shoulders, she turned back around excitedly.

"Help me, please, Aravir! Help me dress as a warrior!"
 
Aravir smiled at her enthusiasm and began yo instruct her on how to dress.

First came the the loose fitting cotton and leather clothes and he was amazed at how she could even make them look sexy.

Next came the padded outer layer. Without it the Armor would soon rub a man raw.

Finally he helped buckle her into her actual armor. The whole process took over half an hour as she was a novice.She would get quicker with practice of course. He himself could do it in five.

When she was finally dressed and was holding her helm in her hands, he got her final present. A brand new sword in a scabbard and belt specially designed to go with the armor. He buckled it on then led her to a full length mirror.

"You look every inch the warrior Princess my love. Now let us go and inspire your troops."
 
Moira looked into the mirror and grinned at her reflection. She had never imagined wearing armor, and not really thought about what she would be wearing into battle at all before now. But, she liked what she saw. Almost every inch of her body was covered, and she found it hard to move, but knew that she would get used to the weight. She would have to wear it until she did... and she had better be ready when the time came.

She continued staring at herself in the mirror as a maid fixed her hair is a way that wouldn't cause her helmet to sit skewed, then she turned to her husband. He never ceased to amaze her at his quick thinking and his surprises. Surely she had met her match the day she'd met him, and she was very happy that she had.

As they left the room to join the troops, she walked slowly, gradually getting used to the extra weight that she was carrying, but finding it hard to keep up beside him.

"Aravir, how can I ever thank you enough for your gifts? You always seem to know exactly what I need, and you always manage to surprise me with them. I love this gift. Thank you for it." Moira's hand rested on the hilt of the sword.
"We will have to practice as I wear this so that I can become as good as you are." she continued with a twinkle in her eye, "maybe you'll be the one pushed into the straw the next time."
 
Last edited:
Aravir smiled at that thought as he slowed down a little to allow her to walk a little easier. He had forgotten just how hard it had been for him the first few times he had worn full armor. even though he had made hers as light as possible, it still was heavy. He would get her to wear at least part of it every day until she got used to it, and like she said, thy would have to train in full armor so she would be able to protect herself during battle.

"I look forward to that day My Love, but no thanks are needed. What sort of husband would I be if I did not give my wife the best protection I could and then teach her how to use it. I expect us to win this war quickly so we can gt on to the more pleasant side of things," he smiled at her.

Before he could elaborate on just what that might entail, they reached the doors to the courtyard again. "Well then my dear," he said straightening his own armor and checking her over again. "Let us go forth and inspire."

Cheekily he bent over and kissed her before opening the doors and striding through. "Lord's, Ladies and men of both kingdoms, I present to you the Princess, Moira,"
 
Was there any other kingdom that had warrior led by their princess? She could not think of one. As a matter of fact, it had been frowned upon by her father's advisors when he chose to educate her above what a young lady was normally educated. She didn't just learn languages and dances and needlepoint, she had listened to them making war strategies and had often listened at her father's knee as he ruled the kingdom.

She took a deep breath before stepping confidently out into the sun-filled courtyard, even if inside the armor she was trembling. A confident leader was something all troops needed to inspire them, and any hesitation on her part would make them question that leadership.

Moira didn't know what she had expected, but she was pleasantly surprised to see them smiling at her as if it were nothing for her to be dressed as a warrior instead of coming to them in gowns and slippers. Her eyes searched the crowd and she waited until they had all hushed before she spoke.

"We will be setting off today to rouse the enemy from our kingdom." She paused to collect her thoughts, not really knowing what to say. Taking a deep breath, she continued, "Together. Let us not forget that we do this together, for one another, to save our homes and our families."

Please, Aravir she thought, help me out of this.
 
Aravir could tell that she was struggling. He remembered the first few times he had stood in front of men that were looking to him for leadership, and yet he had not known what to say or do. It was a very daunting thing, yet one that you gradually grew accustomed too. He was proud she had taken her first steps and later he would teach her more, but for now he would step in and help her swim.

Stepping up beside her, he placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled down at her then looked out at the gathered men.

"We started off as two kingdom's men, but once through these gates we become as one. We will fight shoulder to shoulder with each other and yes, we will shed blood together make no mistake. However this will only make us stronger and together we will show both my father and Princess Moira's, just what type of men we are. We will clear her lands of the invaders, free her people and march triumphantly into the capital with the heads of the leaders to lay at her fathers feet."

A great cheer went up and Aravir smiled. Then drawing his sword he turned and knelt before her. " Princess Moira I agree to defend you until you are back in the capital and sit upon the royal throne, This I swear," he yelled.

Behind him came the sound of hundreds of swords being drawn and voices being raised. "This I swear."

Standing back up Aravir turned back to face the army. "To your places men. We ride out."
 
Moira listened proudly to Avavir's speech uniting the kingdoms, their warriors becoming one to defend her kingdom from invaders. She caught the excitement from the crowd, the men seemed ready to follow him anywhere. One day, she knew that she would be the one in front of them, giving encouragement before a battle... a direction to go, a goal.

Suddenly, though, he was facing her, kneeling before her. Stunned, she caught herself just in time to stop herself from taking a step backward. Understanding that he was giving his oath to her for several reasons - to show the soldier's where his allegiance was but, most of all, to show her where his heart was.

Things were happening so quickly. Before she could do anything, even catch her breath, their horses were brought forward and others helped her mount her horse. It felt awkward in the armor, but she knew that she would be used to riding with the extra weight by the end of the day. She turned to look at Aravir and gave him a small smile before falling in beside him.

The tall, wooden gates were opened and pushed wide and the troops began to move forward. She looked around, still amazed at the vast numbers that they would be leading, knowing that they were not all going to return, then moving from the confines of the walled city and onward to cleanse the land.
 
Last edited:
Aravir smiled as he mounted the horse brought for him and waited until Moira was beside him before he began a slow, steady march out of the courtyard.

Behind them the troops fell into place smoothly, each knowing when and where they were supposed to be. The mounted troops left first, followed by the spears, then swords, archers, then war machines and finally the support troops. Last of all was the rear guard.

Today everyone wore their finest uniforms and everything had been polished and oiled until it shone. Aravir led the army through the streets and people waved and cheered them on. He had given orders that his men were to treat it like a parade, and to wave and smile back, putting on a show for the locals. He did the same, smiling and waving, bowing from the saddle, even catching flowers thrown to him and nodding in appreciation to the girls who threw them.

Beside him Moira did much the same. She still moved a little stiffly, but this was what she was used to, working a crowd, just not in armor or on horseback. Still a princess is a princess, and her skills shone through. He could see how she captivated the people and how they flocked to see her. Shaking his head he thought again how lucky he was to have met her.

It took the army three hours to make it's way out of the city and to the staging grounds. Quickly camp was made and the Army bedded down for the night. Today had been all pomp and ceremony, tomorrow the real battle for the liberation of Moira's lands began.
 
Moira had never been so glad to dismount and make camp. Usually, she loved to ride feeling the breeze on her face, the leather reins in her hands, the horse beneath her as her knees guided it. Today, she was just happy to have survived these past few hours with this armor!

She appreciated the gift, knew that is was necessary and would probably end up saving her life at some point in the near future. But, for a girl who was used to the freedom that she'd had all her life, it felt like she'd been bound up all day in a cloth sack...but much heavier.

The first thing she did was take off the helmet and let her hair fall loose around her shoulders. Looking around for a place to set things, she saw Lady Annis making her way toward her and was relieved. There was no way that she would have been able to remove the armor herself, and she wanted to be changed by the time Aravir found her.

"Let me help you remove this and get you changed. A small repast was brought with us for this evening and, by the time we are done, they will be ready." Lady Annis spoke as her hands moved deftly to unfasten the buckles.

The princess moaned in relief as it was lifted from her and she began to change from the pads and underclothing, "Let them air out, Annis, but not too far from me. I want to be able to reach them readily, if need be. I cannot believe how heavy they were or how I am going to get used to them, but I must. I cannot let my husband down, or anyone for that matter."

Turning around, she saw him coming toward her and she smiled, "Are you ready to have something to eat, my prince, before we retire for the evening." Moira was trying to act so coy when, if fact, she couldn't wait to spend time alone with him.

Lady Annis smiled to herself as she left them alone, thinking "She has certainly met her match."
 
Aravir watched the way his wife moved and knew she was feeling tired. It took a lot of getting used to wearing armor, and even though he had done all he could to make hers lighter, it was still weighty. Give her a couple of weeks and she would begin to not notice it as much. A year and it would be a second skin. He actually felt a little uncomfortable without it sometimes.

He smiled at her offer and began to take his own armor off. After so many years he could practically do it with his eyes shut and in a matter of minutes. Of course his was modified heavily to suit only him and was well worn in.

"That would be delightful my dear, although I may wish it to be the other way around, however we do need to keep our strength up. Besides nobody said I couldn't do both," he chuckled.

Walking over to her he gently began to massage her shoulders and arms before taking the seat across from her and looking at the meal. "It looks superb, but after this you are going to allow me to massage your body my queen. It is going to take it a little while to adjust to carrying the extra weight and a good rub down will do wonders."

He looked up with a cheeky glint in his eye as he popped a grape into his mouth. "I hope you don't mind if this becomes a nightly ritual for the foreseeable future my love?"
 
So cheeky she thought to herself with a grin. Though, she had to admit that his brief massage had very wonderful.

"If it means that I get a massage every evening, I will gladly wear armor or anything else you require." she said sweetly before adding, "or nothing." Her tinkling laugh filled the tent as she leaned over and fed another grape into his mouth.

"Are you hungry, Aravir? I know that I am, but we should probably eat something to keep our strength up, shouldn't we? Especially as I am in need of a massage." she asked flirtatiously. Taking a piece of cold, roasted chicken she ate the meat before sucking the juice from her fingers, never knowing that the very act itself had caught his attention almost as much as her words, if not more.

She knew that, when they were finished and she had lain on the blankets, he wouldn't be able to keep his hands from her, massage or no massage. But, that is what she wanted. What harm was there in a wife desiring her husband?

It is only natural thing - just before men go into battle - that they come together and give themselves to one another. A human instinct, perhaps. But, Moira wasn't thinking of that. She only knew that she admired her husband and loved being in his arms either awake or sleeping.

Looking up, she saw Aravir watching her.
 
Back
Top