Old 12-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #101
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestruggle View Post
Aww, good. Whenever I see that you posted in here it makes me really happy.
Mmm. Maybe I should try to do it more often, then. Miss your face.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #102
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Finally a slow day at work....and was thinking of you..soooooo....

Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #103
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Old 12-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #104
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #105
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #106
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Old 12-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #107
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Old 12-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #108
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #109
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Old 12-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #110
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Thank you so much! I love all of them. I particularly like that last one, and the one of the water. Have you had any brainstorms about a water idea?

Old 12-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #111
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Thank you so much! I love all of them. I particularly like that last one, and the one of the water. Have you had any brainstorms about a water idea?
I could start making brainstorms about water....

Old 12-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #112
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoryTigress View Post
I could start making brainstorms about water....
Only if you want to! I like brainstorming with you.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #113
IvoryTigress
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Only if you want to! I like brainstorming with you.
I like brainstorming with you, too. Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can pull up :-)

Old 12-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #114
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Old 12-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #115
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Need to write something passionate, feel like I'm going to boil over, but I can't fucking focus it anywhere. Hate that.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #116
Drunken_Angel
Princess Absinthe

Quote:
Need to write something passionate, feel like I'm going to boil over, but I can't fucking focus it anywhere. Hate that.
I hope you don't mind me posting here; I'm always nervous when it's other people's personal space. I'm in similar straights. I want to write, but I'm trying to find my inspiration again. I'm thinking of an Alice post, actually from Massacre, even though nothing has been done on that thread since July.

My thing is that while I've probably written enough words for a series of novels in the last few years, it's all been immediate role play in a preset world. I'm really looking forward to providing my own context and being able to write in depth.

I just have to learn how to do it again!

If you were to think of your top three hottest images right now- the very first three that come to your mind, what would they be?

Everything Is Personal: Tales From Intersect City
The Case Files of Massacre State Asylum
The Foundling

Inactive
Massacre State Asylum
The Monster Academy
The Price of Ommission
Prelude

SRP Profile
Alicia

A Fey's Exploding Brain
My Home: The Vortex of Silk and Teeth
Part of me is always here. (Thank you, Minx)

Two people without whom I would be really, really, really, really, really sad.
Aus and Vail
Thank you

Old 12-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #117
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Angel View Post
I hope you don't mind me posting here; I'm always nervous when it's other people's personal space. I'm in similar straights. I want to write, but I'm trying to find my inspiration again. I'm thinking of an Alice post, actually from Massacre, even though nothing has been done on that thread since July.

My thing is that while I've probably written enough words for a series of novels in the last few years, it's all been immediate role play in a preset world. I'm really looking forward to providing my own context and being able to write in depth.

I just have to learn how to do it again!

If you were to think of your top three hottest images right now- the very first three that come to your mind, what would they be?
No, no, absolutely fine! I really love the contributions I've gotten in here so far, I hope it's becoming a safe space to share. I totally identify with creating context - particularly in Massacre, where there's so much space to explore. Writing Emily was difficult because it was very emotionally explorative but also felt like building a sandcastle in a damn cathedral - so much room! So much stuff to look at! I'm really excited to see what you create.

I was really tempted to be cheeky and say this recipe I was looking at for sweet potato hash was the hottest image in my head... But really? Probably something impact driven, like a fight or anger sex (weird, I know), and then water imagery. So, something like being led into water. And then finally touching someone's face. See how oddly specific I get? But it's really in flashes like that, it's bizarre.

Are you able to tap into images like that? I'm kind of having a hard time lately following a coherent piece from passion - starting to rely more on an inspirational image and then methodical outlining, regardless of how natural it feels to just follow a thought.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #118
Drunken_Angel
Princess Absinthe

Quote:
No, no, absolutely fine! I really love the contributions I've gotten in here so far, I hope it's becoming a safe space to share. I totally identify with creating context - particularly in Massacre, where there's so much space to explore. Writing Emily was difficult because it was very emotionally explorative but also felt like building a sandcastle in a damn cathedral - so much room! So much stuff to look at! I'm really excited to see what you create.

I was really tempted to be cheeky and say this recipe I was looking at for sweet potato hash was the hottest image in my head... But really? Probably something impact driven, like a fight or anger sex (weird, I know), and then water imagery. So, something like being led into water. And then finally touching someone's face. See how oddly specific I get? But it's really in flashes like that, it's bizarre.

Are you able to tap into images like that? I'm kind of having a hard time lately following a coherent piece from passion - starting to rely more on an inspirational image and then methodical outlining, regardless of how natural it feels to just follow a thought.
I am and I do. Your third image specifically is the sort from which I've drawn inspiration in the past. I love moments. I love touch, and there's a part of me that responds to the concept of writing that touch in such a way as to convey everything about it. I'd want to pull out the intimacy with my description. I'd explore the mind-space. Was this a familiar touch, or was it risky? Was it hurried or slow- almost all of mine are slow in these sorts of descriptions. If I were really writing as well as I could, I'd answer those questions without even drawing attention to the questions themselves. Can I create art by describing a single moment in time? That's the challenge.

I can relate with the other two as well. Angry sex has so much unexplored potential for me. I've never written it. Violent, yes, primal, yes, but I've never explored anger. I think I might like to do that at some point, and water? Hells yes. I love flow, a flow of words, of imagery. Every time I write about water, it adds a sensuality that I very much enjoy.

The Foundling

Inactive
Massacre State Asylum
The Monster Academy
The Price of Ommission
Prelude

SRP Profile
Alicia

A Fey's Exploding Brain

Aus and Vail
Thank you

Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #119
Drunken_Angel
Princess Absinthe

I don't know if this will do anything for you or not- aesthetics are so very important in a scene, but I decided to try to put angry sex and water together and what I came up with was the following image: A basement scene. One of the pipes has burst and of course, one of the two decides that they can fix it just fine. They don't need to call anyone. They're getting more and more frustrated and angry and so is the second. water is pouring out and it's beginning to flood the basement floor. Somehow during the scene this turns erotic.

I know the premise sounds simplistic, but you've so many elements with which to work. You've the dark, seldom-visited recess of the basement. You've open pipes, pouring water. They're in a place where things are grimy, rough, jagged and raw, potentially disgusting and psychologically, it's a perfect place for those darker impulses to find expression.

I'm just thinking aloud as I shamelessly use your input to get my own creativity flowing. Symbiosis.

The Foundling

Inactive
Massacre State Asylum
The Monster Academy
The Price of Ommission
Prelude

SRP Profile
Alicia

A Fey's Exploding Brain

Aus and Vail
Thank you

Old 12-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #120
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Quote:
I am and I do. Your third image specifically is the sort from which I've drawn inspiration in the past. I love moments. I love touch, and there's a part of me that responds to the concept of writing that touch in such a way as to convey everything about it. I'd want to pull out the intimacy with my description. I'd explore the mind-space. Was this a familiar touch, or was it risky? Was it hurried or slow- almost all of mine are slow in these sorts of descriptions. If I were really writing as well as I could, I'd answer those questions without even drawing attention to the questions themselves. Can I create art by describing a single moment in time? That's the challenge.

I can relate with the other two as well. Angry sex has so much unexplored potential for me. I've never written it. Violent, yes, primal, yes, but I've never explored anger. I think I might like to do that at some point, and water? Hells yes. I love flow, a flow of words, of imagery. Every time I write about water, it adds a sensuality that I very much enjoy.
This was incredibly helpful advice, thank you. I so often forget that things are multifaceted in more ways than one - their representation sometimes doesn't become apparent to me until after I've already written something. I'll seize on something and then run away with it, without really examining it enough to give my work better depth.

Anger and other emotional volatility are things that I really enjoy writing about. They're so immediate. They're relative. It's also a really fine line to walk, that exploration, but I enjoy that too. Water for me, and a lot of the things I've been thinking about writing lately, may be more about what frightens me or unsettles me. Why does that freak me out? What's dark about it? I guess somewhere I learned to derive passion and excitement from fear and it's difficult for me to unravel, so that's a part of my process.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #121
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Quote:
I don't know if this will do anything for you or not- aesthetics are so very important in a scene, but I decided to try to put angry sex and water together and what I came up with was the following image: A basement scene. One of the pipes has burst and of course, one of the two decides that they can fix it just fine. They don't need to call anyone. They're getting more and more frustrated and angry and so is the second. water is pouring out and it's beginning to flood the basement floor. Somehow during the scene this turns erotic.

I know the premise sounds simplistic, but you've so many elements with which to work. You've the dark, seldom-visited recess of the basement. You've open pipes, pouring water. They're in a place where things are grimy, rough, jagged and raw, potentially disgusting and psychologically, it's a perfect place for those darker impulses to find expression.

I'm just thinking aloud as I shamelessly use your input to get my own creativity flowing. Symbiosis.
That's fantastic! Those are exactly the notes I'm trying to hit! Ahhhh, I just had that awesome "they get it!" feeling. That keeps happening in this thread of mine and I absolutely love it.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #122
Drunken_Angel
Princess Absinthe

Passion and excitement from fear, now -there- is something interesting. Oh how I'd love to be in your mind when you were in that moment.

The Foundling

Inactive
Massacre State Asylum
The Monster Academy
The Price of Ommission
Prelude

SRP Profile
Alicia

A Fey's Exploding Brain

Aus and Vail
Thank you

Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #123
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

Old 01-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #124
Scuttle Buttin'
A cannibal addiction

I was just beginning to wonder if you were still among the living.

Where there's joy
I bring you trespass
Where there's light
I bring you darkness

Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #125
thestruggle
A Little Sparrow

I'm back now! Haven't had any time whatsoever lately. School starts next week so at least it'll be a return to normal chaos.