How important is historical accuracy in threads?

SEVERUSMAX

Benevolent Master
For me, it's a big deal. But then, I'm more than a bit of a history buff. When you have Spartan Kings in the height of the Roman Empire, or Jesus hanging out with Buddha, or Vikings in late medieval England, that's a major buzzkill for me.

What are your thoughts? Even subtle issues bother me, in fact, such as if you made Renaissance era clergy big prudes or Victorians very liberated (unless they're intentionally defying existing social mores, of course).

I find it fun if things are accurate but I never get super upset if it isn’t 100 percent accurate. I’m also not knowledgeable about all aspects of history. HOWEVER, if you put a Historical figure in the wrong part of history UNLESS that’s a plot point, I will get irritated.

For me, it's a big deal. But then, I'm more than a bit of a history buff. When you have Spartan Kings in the height of the Roman Empire, or Jesus hanging out with Buddha, or Vikings in late medieval England, that's a major buzzkill for me.

What are your thoughts? Even subtle issues bother me, in fact, such as if you made Renaissance era clergy big prudes or Victorians very liberated (unless they're intentionally defying existing social mores, of course).

As a writer, I'm all for accurate history. If I'm writing in a certain era I try to do my research before writing. However, I'm also for poetic license, just don't be stupid about it.

As a writer I feel the same way. I write mostly Great Deoressiin, World War 2, and Korean War. I am all about historical accuracy. I am one of thosebpeoolebthat looms for historical inaccuracies in stories set during those times. I truly believe I was born in the wrong time period.

Back