What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who you gonna believe bitch?


“I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.” (applause) “I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its Gross National Product on health care cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that’s what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. And that’s what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we have to take back the White House, we have to take back the Senate, and we have to take back the House.”
Obama speaking to the Illinois AFL-CIO, June 30, 2003.
 
You don't read very well do you?

You don't have to read when you know...

Why is he having so much trouble with the quotes?

You know what I think? He looked for them, but on second glance, they did not read the way he convinced himself that I wrote...
 
The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits last week fell by the most in two months, government data showed on Thursday, a hopeful sign for the struggling labor market.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits dropped 14,000 to a seasonally adjusted 374,000, the Labor Department said. The prior week's figure was revised up to 388,000 from the previously reported 386,000.


Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...tch-biggest-drop-in-two-months/#ixzz1zkkIxiRv



OMG!




Summer of Recovery! America is BACK TO WORK!
 
merc, where the hell is that quote about how I said the constitutionality of of ObamaCare was going to wreck the markets?



I've been waiting a week now. Is all you know the art of "Serious Charges?"

First of all, we both know you put that claim out there in one of your cut-and-paste spewnamis, because you are too chickenshit to go on record by yourself, opting instead to hide behind one of the 20 or so bloviators you admire...this gives you the all-important "plausible deniability" that your kind relies upon.

Secondly, even if we did find the cut-n-paste in question, we both know you'd start tap-dancing immediately "Oh NOE! *I* didn't say that, I was merely sharing an article I'd read.....that.....that....that's DIFFERENT!"

To sum things up:
  • You're a coward
  • You've always been a coward
  • You will always be a coward
 
AJ, I apologize. You must have never said that Obamacare being upheld would hurt the markets. And you must have never C&P'd anything like that (I wouldn't know since I don't read your pasted crap).

You therefore think that Obamacare isn't bad for the economy after all. Welcome to our team, bro!
 
The jobs deficit from this recession is much larger than those in previous recessions. The economy would have to create an average of 207,000 jobs each month for the next two years just to return to the December 2007 level of employment — and even more to restore full employment, since the population and potential labor force are now larger. Economic growth will have to pick up substantially to see a strong jobs recovery begin.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3252

You wait you stupid rwinger!

In 2014 when all the "mandates" kick in, the economy is going to boom like nothing you've ever seen before...

merc will get back to us, I assume, with a firm date for this event...

:cool:

He's too busy searching for the quote that damns right now.
 
AJ, I apologize. You must have never said that Obamacare being upheld would hurt the markets. And you must have never C&P'd anything like that (I wouldn't know since I don't read your pasted crap).

You therefore think that Obamacare isn't bad for the economy after all. Welcome to our team, bro!

I know you could not find the quote.

I never said it would be good or bad, I said the UNCERTAINTY was hurting; it was one of the three uncertainties.

Team? Is that all you can do is assign people group membership?

Now, you are mixing markets and economy.

Stick with one serious charge at a time.
 
obama care, well lets face it adds more insecurity about the economy. most companies will not add more employees as no entrepreneur will be willing to gamble their family home to during the obama times of massive government programs
 
I know you could not find the quote.

I never said it would be good or bad, I said the UNCERTAINTY was hurting; it was one of the three uncertainties.

Team? Is that all you can do is assign people group membership?

Now, you are mixing markets and economy.

Stick with one serious charge at a time.


Oh so upholding it created certainty? Then it's not bad for the market after all!
 
I will maintain the new 3.8% on investment income will impact the market, especially when you add it the post Bush tax cut capital gains rate of 39%.


3.8 since when?

You're cherry picking. Look at the recovery since its beginning. BTW, 3.8 means an improvement is happening.
 
Obama care imposes a 3.8% new tax on investment income. If for instance you make 180,000 in wages and 30,000 in investment income you will exceed the $200,000 income threshold and pay the tax on the $30,000. When the Bush tax cuts go away you will pay 39% plus the 3.8% or 42.8%. I think that will impact the market.

PS: Obama lied, he is going to raise taxes on those making less than $200K

obama lies, we all know that
obama never fails (at making excuses)
obama always blames Bush for obama's failures
 
The floater, the Euro, is still taking the terror ride around and down the inside of the bowl.:D

when will they learn, adding government workers is a massive and wasteful investment as they are over paid, the over head is too high, and its a long term liability with their fucked up pension plan

what we need is for obama to grow some intelligence and realize the obama should focus on the private sector. get the private sector going
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top