What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
obama_irs_in_the_rain_2013_05-16.jpg
 
More like a wet dream. Under Romney we'd be doing about the same right now.

Except conservatives would be saying the AP thing is a legitimate FBI activity and Dems would be grousing.

I suspect that had the Mormon been elected, there'd be quite an upswing in destitute grandmothers eating cat food.
 
More like a wet dream. Under Romney we'd be doing about the same right now.

Except conservatives would be saying the AP thing is a legitimate FBI activity and Dems would be grousing.

Now we know. There is no life as we know it on Mercury
 
On a practical level what would Romney have accomplished at this point that would have made the economy any different?
 
Romney woulda made no difference at all, becuz the agenda is the same for both political parties: Control of the cops, soldiers, and money.
 
On a practical level what would Romney have accomplished at this point that would have made the economy any different?

*crickets*

I KNOW

LETS TALK

MARINES HOLDING UMBRELLAS

WHILE THE PREZZYDUNT OF THE YEWKNIGHTED STATES

IS SPEEKING TO THE AMERIKUN PEEPLE

UNDER A RAINFALL

i'll wait

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:mad::mad::mad:

:cool:

:confused:

:eek:

:p
 
On a practical level what would Romney have accomplished at this point that would have made the economy any different?

Nobody knows, and nobody will ever know. Just a with President Obama and the House of Reps, everything Romney might have tried would be locked down in the Senate as "dead on arrival" and you'd be cheering the Senate Democrat's bravery and good sense instead of being angry at the obstructionists in the House.
 
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size



More details emerge on how the nation’s Most Despised Law™ will work in practice:


When the national healthcare law takes full effect next year, millions of Americans risk disrupted health coverage because of common life events: getting married or divorced, having children or taking on a second job.




As their family incomes change, so too will their eligibility for public insurance programs. And if nothing is done, policymakers warn, many low-income patients will lose access to their doctors and medications during this massive game of health coverage pingpong.

It’s OK. Poor people keep teams of lawyers on retainer to work out theses little details.
 
Yet another union boss takes umbrage with ObamaCare


The number of labor unions now calling for the repeal of or changes to ObamaCare is starting to stack up as they progressively realize that in many cases they cannot, in fact, keep their same health care plans, as much as they may indeed like them — which is all rather interesting, seeing as how Big Labor was falling all over itself in support of getting the law passed back in 2010.

In an op-ed in The Hill today, the president of the 1.3-million member strong United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, Joseph Hansen, complains that ObamaCare as-is is going to undermine the current setup of UFCW members’ health insurance, and asks that the White House provide a fix to protect the multi-employer plans:


For decades, unions have negotiated high quality, affordable health insurance through nonprofit Taft-Hartley plans — one of the few reliable private providers for lower income individuals. …

But as currently interpreted, the ACA would block these plans from the law’s benefits (such as the subsidy for lower-income individuals and families) while subjecting them to the law’s penalties (like the $63 per insured person to subsidize Big Insurance). This creates unstoppable incentives for employers to reduce weekly hours for workers currently on our plans and push them onto the exchanges where many will pay higher costs for poorer insurance with a more limited network of providers. In other words, they will be forced to change their coverage and quite possibly their doctor. Others will be channeled into Medicaid, where taxpayers must pick up the tab. …

The ACA offers a subsidy to lower-income individuals and families so they can afford to purchase this insurance. As many of our members fall into this category, we believe the subsidy can and should apply to nonprofit plans. All we want is equality — where our plans are treated the same as for-profit insurers. …

We don’t want a handout. Our members want to keep the healthcare they currently have. Let me repeat — our members want to keep the healthcare they currently have. We just want them to be treated fairly.

Huh. So far, the White House has been disinclined to acquiesce their request — though one might be able to summon a bit more sympathy for them if they hadn’t actively pushed for and applauded ObamaCare’s passage in the first place.

Labor unions’ growing chagrin with the vagaries of the Obama administration’s signature legislative achievement has lately been mirrored by many Democrats’ growing worries over the law’s implementation and initial stages, and the subsequent potential for some negative effects on their 2014 midterm prospects; given their union allies’ catching disgruntlement, it’s a fear that’s definitely justified.
 
Dear Abby,
My husband has a long record of money problems. He runs up huge credit-card bills and at the end of the month, if I try to pay them off, he shouts at me, saying I am stealing his money.
He says to pay the minimum and lets our kids worry about the rest, but already we can hardly keep up with the interest.
Also he has been so arrogant and abusive toward our neighbors that most of them no longer speak to us.
The few that do are an odd bunch, to whom he has been giving a lot of expensive gifts, running up our bills even more.
Also, he has gotten religious. One week he hangs out with Catholics and the next with people who say the Pope is the Anti-Christ, and the next he's with Muslims.
Finally, the last straw. He's demanding that before anyone can be in the same room with him, they must sign a loyalty oath. It's just so horribly creepy! Can you help?

Signed,
Lost in DC









Dear Lost:

Stop whining, Michelle.
You're getting to live in the White House for free, travel the world, and have others pay for everything for you.
You can divorce the jerk any time you want.
The rest of us are stuck with him for two more years!

Signed,
Abby
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top