Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the three week period between the anniversary of my last girlfriend breaking up with me and my birthday. Nothing good ever happens in that time span, and I'm usually pretty steeped in depression by the end of it.

I also don't want to turn 40 at a poker tournament 2 hours drive from home. The last time I had a tournament on my birthday was five years ago, I was knocked out in 20 minutes, and had to wait 3 hours for a ride home (my father and I carpool to the big games, and lately this has been a 400 person event).

Well, I 'spose that three hour gap could be used for talent-spotting. . . .

Over the summer I've managed to re-injure my knee, fall off the sidewalk onto my face and, last night, tip a chair over and crash my head into a brick hearth. This means my streak of three is over. Right?

Or maybe I have another head injury in my future?!? :eek:

Over the summer I've managed to re-injure my knee, fall off the sidewalk onto my face and, last night, tip a chair over and crash my head into a brick hearth. This means my streak of three is over. Right?

There is always next summer. :eek:

I think your sparkly bubble is due for a service. It should protect you from such incidents.

Or you need a strong toy boy to hang on to. I'm sure there would be willing volunteers wanting to get close to you.

There is always next summer. :eek:
My claims to having a very high pain tolerance have been strained enough as it is; anticipating even more would make it worse.

I think your sparkly bubble is due for a service. It should protect you from such incidents.

Or you need a strong toy boy to hang on to. I'm sure there would be willing volunteers wanting to get close to you.
Um. There were boy toys nearby in a couple of those incidents. Perhaps I should start watching for hazards rather than boy toys.

My claims to having a very high pain tolerance have been strained enough as it is; anticipating even more would make it worse.

Um. There were boy toys nearby in a couple of those incidents. Perhaps I should start watching for hazards rather than boy toys.

Maybe you need to install training wheels on that sparkly bubble. ;)

Have you considered a protective helmet ?
Perhaps one like thins: HERE
They do come in other colours.

Massive dust storm in the Levant:

MODIS-Mideast-duststorm.jpg

Did someone call an Arab weatherman?

I guess a sandstorm would make a good plot bunny. Sandstorm, snowstorm. What's the difference except scratchy stuff vs cold melty stuff.

I guess a sandstorm would make a good plot bunny. Sandstorm, snowstorm. What's the difference except scratchy stuff vs cold melty stuff.

Hot, scratchy stuff is more irritating than cold, melty stuff.

My fucking hormones, yes those, are all over the place and it's getting rather irritating. If I didn't have a novel to finish I'd be churning out quite a bit of erotica. As it is, it's invading my daydreams with every spare moment. Good grief.

My fucking hormones, yes those, are all over the place and it's getting rather irritating. If I didn't have a novel to finish I'd be churning out quite a bit of erotica. As it is, it's invading my daydreams with every spare moment. Good grief.

From experience. Crank out a couple of good fantasy pieces and then take a short nap to recuperate. Then get back on the serious piece. Or something like that. :D

From experience. Crank out a couple of good fantasy pieces and then take a short nap to recuperate. Then get back on the serious piece. Or something like that. :D
:D If only there were that many minutes in a day. *sigh* I will be working on my Halloween entry tomorrow and the next couple days though.

I need to hire a freelance writer to do my freelance work for me tonight. I'm too tired. Adulting wore me out today. :(

Life is so precarious. Last night I drove him to writer's group and home again, and we sat talking for a bit before I left. He told me he believed I could write deeper, the way I want to. This afternoon I found out he died in his sleep. Right now, I just can't imagine never seeing him again.

Life is so precarious. Last night I drove him to writer's group and home again, and we sat talking for a bit before I left. He told me he believed I could write deeper, the way I want to. This afternoon I found out he died in his sleep. Right now, I just can't imagine never seeing him again.

:(
:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back