Soap Box Declaration

bodysong

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Posts
7,261
I believe that Global Climate Change is real.


Scientists Consider “Quick Response” Plan to Counter Climate Misinformation

The effort comes as President Trump makes comments that deny climate science



* By Scott Waldman, E&E News on January 30, 2019


President Trump has mocked and dismissed climate science. Now researchers seem increasingly inclined to correct the record.


NOAA, the federal agency that studies the Earth, tweeted what appeared to be a rebuttal to Trump’s assertion Monday night that cold weather disproves long-term warming on a planet that’s seen average global temperatures rise about 1.5 degrees Fahrenheit since 1900.


“Not only are severe snowstorms possible in a warming climate, they may even be more likely,” NOAA officials wrote in a tweet that appeared to challenge the nation’s top executive.

Correcting misinformation on climate would potentially put the academies on a collision course with the political culture of Washington, where falsehoods on climate change are frequently shared. That’s an unusual role for an organization that has a long history of avoiding political mudslinging. The nonpartisan academies were created by President Lincoln during the Civil War, and they have provided scientific and technical guidance to lawmakers for more than a century and a half. It was chartered by Congress in 1863 to be an objective source of scientific advice, as advances in medicine were being deployed to treat wounded soldiers. Its work is considered a gold standard of scientific review.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ponse-plan-to-counter-climate-misinformation/
 
Well, for starters, we know that Donald Trump is a moron.
 
KeithD writes: "Well, for starters, we know that Donald Trump is a moron."

Who exactly is "we?" Have you got a mouse in your pocket, Keith?

What we actually DO know is that Donald Trump defeated the best candidate that the Democratic Party could field in 2016 - President Obama even said that Mrs. Clinton was more prepared for the presidency than HE was! The media was on her side, as was the Hollywood entertainment community - but she still got beat!

And now, the Democratic Party is scrambling to find a candidate to challenge Trump's re-election in 2020. That party is torn by squabbling between socialists, the open-borders crowd, the pro-infanticide far left, and people like Michael Moore (who is seriously urging that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez be given a leadership position). I'm seeing 1972 all over again (when the Democratic Party's presidential candidate won a total of ONE-STATE).
 
We also know that anyone still supporting the moron Donald Trump (first identified as such after he stole the office of president with the help of his controllers, the Russians, "way back" by his own secretary of state) is a moron.
 
I believe that there is no limit to what tRump will lie about.

I believe that the tRump Loyalist Party will stick to the Official Party Line of the tRump Loyalist Party, until the current lie is no longer useful.


I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2017

Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2017


Russia just said the unverified report paid for by political opponents is "A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION, UTTER NONSENSE." Very unfair!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2017


Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2017
 
Back
Top