The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXIV: Like Books & Black Lives, Albums Still Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody here said shit.
It's a blurt thread, right? It's for blurting. I see lots of posts about things that obviously have nothing to do with this site or the people in it yet you have chosen to single me out. Says much more about you than me.

giphy.gif


Dude, everyone in these blurt threads "singles out" everyone else when they say something they read and want to respond to. Obviously your blurt meant to tell everyone else something highly important about yourself in conjunction with recent events in the world and that got a response instead of being ignored. That's how a forum site works, is all.

See the human connection you just made simply by opening up? Now people on this site that you don't know, knows you. Understanding is a good thing. Don't be so glum, chum.
 
I read it as simple frustration shared as a blurt, though I can understand how some might read it as anger.

Some do seem a little put off when not everyone shares in public mourning, so a bit of frustration from those not touched in the same way is inevitable, especially when there's been so many losses in so little time.

It's because people think you are supposed to share their sadness. They get pissed when they are sad but someone else has more important (to them) shit to worry about.
I was very sad when my mom died. It was the first time I had had anyone close to me die and yet Dick and Jane down the road not only didn't share my sadness but didn't give two shits because they don't know me or her.
Everyone is different and has different concerns.
 
giphy.gif


Dude, everyone in these blurt threads "singles out" everyone else when they say something they read and want to respond to. Obviously your blurt meant to tell everyone else something highly important about yourself in conjunction with recent events in the world and that got a response instead of being ignored. That's how a forum site works, is all.

See the human connection you just made simply by opening up? Now people on this site that you don't know, knows you. Understanding is a good thing. Don't be so glum, chum.

No, it's a blurt. A release. It has nothing to do with anyone here knowing anything. I see plenty that are so vague as to be utterly meaningless and I'm pretty sure it's often intentional. It helps make people feel better when someone in real life pisses them off.
If you want to apply deeper meaning then do it with someone else and stop assuming anything about me until and unless you actually get to know me and let's face it, that aint gonna happen.
 
giphy.gif


Dude, everyone in these blurt threads "singles out" everyone else when they say something they read and want to respond to. Obviously your blurt meant to tell everyone else something highly important about yourself in conjunction with recent events in the world and that got a response instead of being ignored. That's how a forum site works, is all.

See the human connection you just made simply by opening up? Now people on this site that you don't know, knows you. Understanding is a good thing. Don't be so glum, chum.

Ya know, I think you're an asshat but a mostly inoffensive one so I see no need to argue with you over trivialities. I got bigger fish to fry and I'm not here nearly often enough to do two at once. Pilot dude is on my radar right now and after I'm done with him I won't be here anymore so no need to make enemies or misunderstood internet acquaintances or whatever.
So think what you want, use your silly GIF's and party on. I can't tell you how to think any more than you can tell me.
 
Oh HELL no. Growing up we only had Shakey's Cardboard Pizza growing up, nary a proper Pizza Hut pizza until I was almost 18.

And don't get me started about Chef Boy-ar-dee Pizza-in-a-box mix. :cattail:

I'm sorry that you had shitty pizza growing up. That's super sad.
 
No, it's a blurt. A release. It has nothing to do with anyone here knowing anything. I see plenty that are so vague as to be utterly meaningless and I'm pretty sure it's often intentional. It helps make people feel better when someone in real life pisses them off.
If you want to apply deeper meaning then do it with someone else and stop assuming anything about me until and unless you actually get to know me and let's face it, that aint gonna happen.

Yeah, that's probably a good thing. But now I do understand through your very passionate blurt that you simply needed to release this immense frustration at being made to feel what you don't feel and I duly apoly-gize for mistaking your passion for snideness because those people shouldn't be doing that to you. They are insensitive bullies, to say the least.

Someday, I hope you do find those horrible people that are forcing you to feel cold pricklies about you not crying over someone dying like a celebrity who you don't know and never knew. They shouldn'ta be making you share their sadness and they shouldn'ta be gettin' pissed at ya for not giving a shit.

I don't keen on bullies. Whoever those people are, they're in the wrong. When ya find 'em, let me know and I'll come give 'em a beatdown with me good fisks to leave ya alone.

tumblr_lx1jbyaVfK1qi66kho1_400.gif


I know it's not my issue personally, but you don't have to be by yourself in that fight against oppression, you hear me?
 
New lesson learned. Don't tell people you'd like to fuck Leias mom when Carrie Fishers mom just died. I'm picturing Natalie Portman sitting on my face, they think I'm some kind of necro.
But really, Portman=way hotter. Just wish she hadn't fucked that whiny teenager by that lake on Naboo.
 
Anyone who says Pizza Hut is proper doesn't deserve good pizza.


Truth.

Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, Dominoes... all of those are fine examples of terrible pizza. Chains and franchises are usually all shite.

Some of the best pies come from family run places, or that local place that all the locals like.
 
The rabbit holes you people send me down. . .

All this talk about Pizza Inn has me a' Googling. Come to find out there is one and only one location in Arizona.

It is in Yuma. I would consider a quick trip out there, except the last time I took a day trip to Yuma for what was to be a nice little $700 bonanza, I found myself enjoying the hospitality of their jail. The only real industry in Yuma is their jail which is why they're fond of locking people up.

Googling further, I find a press release that Pizza Inn is "coming to Arizona." The press release was from 2000. It heralds the opening of the first couple of restaurants in Arizona for the chain.

I happen to know that's not true.

It was at a Pizza Inn restaurant where I first learned that something called FICA was going to steal my wages. This was about 1981.
 
i just coughed so hard i cracked my back. it was an interesting sensation.

We had a contractor no-show two weeks ago. His excuse: He sneezed and threw out his back.

Now, I am old enough to remember when baseball player Sammy Sosa did that and went on the disabled list for a week. All my other co-workers did not believe the guy.

He turned around, lifted up his shirt and showed a rather large crescent-shaped bruise along the bottom edge of his latissimus muscle.

Sneezing ain't easy!!
 
Holy fucking cunt pickle! Did these people make a bet or something??? "Let's see how many of us can die before 2017!"

I hope my dad doesn't follow in this. Bad enough I had a crappy xmas without him. :(
 
Holy fucking cunt pickle! Did these people make a bet or something??? "Let's see how many of us can die before 2017!"

I hope my dad doesn't follow in this. Bad enough I had a crappy xmas without him. :(

I hope the best for your Dad :rose:
I don't blame the year. I blame it that we are getting older. The circle of life, our childhood icons are going to pass. Some might be a surprise, others may not.
I see my parents and in laws, they have lost most of their family and friends. Again, we are getting older.
 
He's doing alright. He's giving the Grim Reaper a run for his money. My dad refuses to go down without a fight. :D

I just miss the way he used to be. At least I have years of wonderful memories and hopefully more to come. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top