Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM   #26
Tzara
Visceral

David Cassidy (1950-2017), 70s teen idol and television star who suffered from dementia in his later years. Here's a sample of his work as part of the Partridge Family (a television knock-off of the real-world group the Cowsills).

The odd thing about the clip is how some supposed big time pop band manages to only assemble maybe 15 people as an audience. All of whom seem to be protesting the band, surely among America's most bland musical groups ever.

That's Susan Dey (later Grace Van Owen in LA Law) pretending to play keyboards, by the way.

The exquisite Shirley Jones, a/k/a "Mom," is perhaps 40 in this clip.

—Russell Hoban, Linger Awhile

Old Yesterday, 03:46 AM   #27
Angeline
Poet Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzara View Post
David Cassidy (1950-2017), 70s teen idol and television star who suffered from dementia in his later years. Here's a sample of his work as part of the Partridge Family (a television knock-off of the real-world group the Cowsills).

The odd thing about the clip is how some supposed big time pop band manages to only assemble maybe 15 people as an audience. All of whom seem to be protesting the band, surely among America's most bland musical groups ever.

That's Susan Dey (later Grace Van Owen in LA Law) pretending to play keyboards, by the way.

The exquisite Shirley Jones, a/k/a "Mom," is perhaps 40 in this clip.
A friend of mine interviewed him for one of our local newspapers at the height of his popularity and I still recall her saying what a kind and genuine person he seemed to be. It seems he struggled with his demons for many years. His father, the great stage actor Jack Cassidy, struggled with alcoholism, too. So sad. May he rest in peace.

Poems