Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
18,000+ words in and I get stuck on this paragraph.

“Happy birthday!” cheered everyone when they saw the pretty young lady standing before them. They all said hello and happy birthday separately to her as she made her way across the room, and out to the back yard.

But I'm not doing anything in order to be tired. I'm eating, sleeping, posting on the word chains game. That's all I've been doing for the past 24 hours. :cool:

Ah, that's the problem. Not enough exercise. . .
(At least, that's what my old Mum called it).

I've just come back from watching a Shakespeare's Globe production of Twelfth Night at our local movie multiplex. There were only 27 people there.

It was a great performance by an all-male cast, as it would have been in Shakespeare's time. Olivia was played very campily, as a man pretending to be a woman. But 'her' performance worked well in the production. Stephen Fry was playing Malvolio and nearly stole the whole show.

I am appreciating these plays for the movie theatre more and more. Some are live transmissions, some are recorded. But the impact is almost greater than if you were in the best seats in the live theatre, but at a fraction of the price. The two of us saw Twelfth Night for less than the cost of the petrol(gas) to drive to London.

The art tours - we have seen one on Manet and another on Pompeii and Herculaneum - give you far more than you would get at the crowded and expensive exhibitions themselves. You get to see everything without people getting in the way, and get erudite explanations of what you are seeing. Some of the details you could never see at the exhibition such as a full movie screen enlargement of a small jewel from Pompeii. The real thing is less than 1/4 inch/5mm across but was projected 30 feet/10 metres wide.

More to come. We have already booked for more - opera, ballet, a expert-guided tour of a London exhibition on Vermeer and Music, and more Shakespeare.

I can't seem to keep my eyes open today. There have been two naps already. What is this?

My grandfather would say you're tired of resting! LOL

I don't know. I spend my whole life tired. Personally, I would welcome a day or two of off and on sleeping and relaxing. Can't remember the last time...

Enjoy it DP!

A beast with a pot-belly and stamina issues. I really need to improve my diet and lose a couple dozen pounds.

:p:p:p:devil:

I think one of the few things I've never made is socks. :) I did find a pattern on Ravelry when I did some more searching, and someone else was kind enough to send me that link as well. I've started on another pokemon, Electrode, which luckily is just a round ball, white on top and red on the bottom with a black stripe in between. Easy stuff.

Here's the Norwegian pattern I found: http://amigurumi.blogg.no/1293707378_blastoise__middels.html

Blastoise appears to be a turtle-type creature.

I just submitted a story. First time in about a year. Whew.

Blimey you are on a roll! Crocheted Pokemon figures and a story! I am in awe. Gosh, eek, maybe they have patterns for Moshi Monsters, which is Piglet's thing. Man, I better get a move on with these socks, LOL.

The last few days have been such a rollercoaster that my leg muscles ache from the strain of clenching my thighs at each stressful second. God it's nice to just put my li'l ole apron on and potter round the filthy kitchen, ignoring my students' pitiful pleas for attention and just playing with kittens, I mean closely monitoring them in order to ensure their very survival.
;)

Blimey you are on a roll! Crocheted Pokemon figures and a story! I am in awe. Gosh, eek, maybe they have patterns for Moshi Monsters, which is Piglet's thing. Man, I better get a move on with these socks, LOL.

If you google "moshi monsters crochet" and go to google images, you will find many examples. :) One Pokemon down, two to go but I may have to buy yarn. Also wanted to try a couple of other things and have a request for a totoro (character from the movie "My Neighbor Totoro"). But also writing another story.

Why does everything happen at once?

I'm going away for a week. During the time I'm away there will be official openings of two Art Exhibitions I'm involved in, an official reception and opening of a community facility, and two more events I should normally attend.

Today was printed a new 16 page directory booklet of our town. It will be delivered to every local address next week when I'm away. I'm mentioned three times and my home phone number appears twice.

Also today - it would be - Tuesday is the day we look after grandchild/children from 9am to 10.45pm - a local councillor rang for advice, and a researcher for a reality TV show rang. He had been given my name as suitable for a possible segment in a future programme. I had to email him a whole list of potential contacts to encourage the TV show to visit our town and set a whole hour's programme locally.

Last - my Nude Day story is stalled and I won't be able to finish it before I go away. Perhaps it will do for 2013?

If you google "moshi monsters crochet" and go to google images, you will find many examples. :) One Pokemon down, two to go but I may have to buy yarn. Also wanted to try a couple of other things and have a request for a totoro (character from the movie "My Neighbor Totoro"). But also writing another story.

We love My Neighbour Totoro! and all the Studio Ghibli films. Although I might not have let Piglet watch Princess Mononoke quite so young if I'd realised how much chopping heads off with arrows there is, LOL.

My Nude Day story is stalled and I won't be able to finish it before I go away. Perhaps it will do for 2013?

I would come round and model for you, but I don't think a thundering ex-rugby player with mommy fat would be that inspiring ;). I do hope you do get it finished. I love your stories. I am still laughing in horror about the fox and the rabbit one!

Gah, I am shattered. I took Piglet to the concert at the end of her two days orchestral workshop with the High School, and during it Outlaw Dad's helper was trying to phone so I knew something was up. He fell over and cut his head, and was in hospital. So instead of praising Piglet and hanging out with her friends, we had to rush home and try to find out what was going on. He was OK, so I had to reassure Piglet, Outlaw Granny, the Fella, get people talking about their amazing concert, amazing meeting in London, make sure the kittens were still surviving, then do the washing up and clear the kitchen. (Nobody asked me about my amazing clean floor of course.)

Piglet will be in a right state and I might keep her home today. So-o I don't know when I shall fit in that marking. :( But I have two weeks really so I will just have to leave it and tell the students not to be so impatient, as I also have to find my paper to take to my not-so-amazing conference this weekend and feed a recently en-doctored ex-student coming round for lunch. Sigh.

It should be a crime to be stuck in the basement of an office on a day like today.

Once the scores are put in for last night's poker game I should be moving up from 23 in the bar to 16th. Yay! Probably won't be making top 10 in the next four weeks, and will have to play the qualifying round of the tavern championship (for people outside the top ten to qualify for the main game, and the bigger prizes, as well as the regional championship held twice a year). But still quite an improvement :D

grumpy-cat-lemonade.jpg

Got an extra punching bag day today. Yay :D

Had fun punching the hell out of that thing until the woman that didn't go out with me showed up looking for Zumba class, and then I lost most of my motivation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back