one bombs

karaline

Really Really Experienced
I'm sure theres a better name for this, but if you think that someone has voted maliciously how do you go about asking the powers that be for the votes to be 'swept' on a story?

Report the story and send Laurel a PM.

I'm sure theres a better name for this, but if you think that someone has voted maliciously how do you go about asking the powers that be for the votes to be 'swept' on a story?

You may not have to do anything....

Laurel / Manu run sweeps about once a week that gets rid of malicious votes. And if there is a contest in progress the might even be run daily.

You may find that before you can PM Laurel the vote has been swept already.

You may not have to do anything....

Laurel / Manu run sweeps about once a week that gets rid of malicious votes. And if there is a contest in progress the might even be run daily.

You may find that before you can PM Laurel the vote has been swept already.

I woke up this morning to find one of my chapters (the one that flirts with the Hall of Fame) has dropped from 4.82 to 4.72. I was baffled, all my other story scores had crept up. Then I looked at the category and the hall of fame hadn't updated as fast as my submission page so I could see my earlier score had put me at 17.

I'm used to my chapters being bombed when they make onto the HOF I'm sure that happens to all the stories there, I don't usually bother reporting it but it would have been nice to have more than just a few hours up there first (and usually the vote pulls me down but only by a dozen places so i creep back up eventually, this must be multiple votes because now i don't even feature on there).

I woke up this morning to find one of my chapters (the one that flirts with the Hall of Fame) has dropped from 4.82 to 4.72. I was baffled, all my other story scores had crept up. Then I looked at the category and the hall of fame hadn't updated as fast as my submission page so I could see my earlier score had put me at 17.

I'm used to my chapters being bombed when they make onto the HOF I'm sure that happens to all the stories there, I don't usually bother reporting it but it would have been nice to have more than just a few hours up there first (and usually the vote pulls me down but only by a dozen places so i creep back up eventually, this must be multiple votes because now i don't even feature on there).

If this is malicious, it's sad, but not altogether uncommon. I'm sorry it happened, if so. I'm not sure if it is misplaced loyalty or a personal crusade by a few bitter authors, but it is supremely petty either way when these HOF purges happen.

Then again, it may just be that your story isn't to taste. Being in the top lists draws eyes. My sci-fi story, "The Oldest Curse" did extremely well when I first posted it, and ended its first two weeks with a score in the 4.90's. But it isn't typical of what is found in the highest-rated sci-fi stories on this site--it's dark and ugly and full of bite and bile--and I think the readers let me know it.

It sits at 4.75 now. Still a decent score, but nothing like the lofty heights it once aspired to. I don't think it was bombed (though some of it could have been that) as much as it was thrown out for being a little funny looking.

Then again, to paraphrase Groucho Marx, I'm not sure I want to belong to any club that would have me for a member. ;)

I think it was malicious in this instance, there was such a drop in score after an increase in votes (despite the sweep) it's only that one chapter and it happened in the space of a few hours -well over night. Usually i can live with my story falling in score, it happens and I know its not a reflection on my writing -I've read far better writers on Literotica with much lower scores than me, but the added exposure you get on the HoF really is impressive and it would have been nice to have a little more time up there.

But it isn't typical of what is found in the highest-rated sci-fi stories on this site--it's dark and ugly and full of bite and bile--

That says it all. Except for Erotic horror-and I suppose the non con crowd-lit is happy and fluffy. Erotica is escapism, give them too much reality, especially grim reality and you'll hear about.

SWB earned me a lot of hate mail. I think I had more haters than actual readers my first couple years here.

The HOF is target practice. I don't think its so much the other authors as their 'protective' fan base.

my SWB series was high scoring in incest, but low vote counts. I had a lot of 4.80-4.84's but they never made the all time list due to not having the 100 votes

So for well over a year the scores would stay there an creep higher. The second they hit 100+ votes and showed up on the top list, I would take a half dozen bombs to knock it into the 4.7's

I believe their are little nasty hit men who scope those lists daily.

The HOF is target practice. I don't think its so much the other authors as their 'protective' fan base.

my SWB series was high scoring in incest, but low vote counts. I had a lot of 4.80-4.84's but they never made the all time list due to not having the 100 votes

So for well over a year the scores would stay there an creep higher. The second they hit 100+ votes and showed up on the top list, I would take a half dozen bombs to knock it into the 4.7's

I believe their are little nasty hit men who scope those lists daily.

I know its a system that is easy to abuse, and normally I just live with it, but its just the speed at which its happened this time. I'd like to have spent more than a few hours up there. Anyway, I've dropped Laurel a line, I'll go and report it now.

Back