The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, small bit of prayer (not a big thing) headed this way, please? I've been fighting swollen tonsils and really sore throat for three weeks now, so I went and saw my doctor today. Possibly just acid reflux (not a big deal, I respond really well to the stuff they give you for that), but it could be mono, as I was exposed awhile ago.

I really, really, REALLY do not have time for mono. I don't know how much I can stress this. Please pray that it's not mono. Thank you!

So, small bit of prayer (not a big thing) headed this way, please? I've been fighting swollen tonsils and really sore throat for three weeks now, so I went and saw my doctor today. Possibly just acid reflux (not a big deal, I respond really well to the stuff they give you for that), but it could be mono, as I was exposed awhile ago.

I really, really, REALLY do not have time for mono. I don't know how much I can stress this. Please pray that it's not mono. Thank you!

*Sends "no mono" prayers and good vibes your way*

My biggest and warmest wishes that you get what you need and are feeling better soon. :rose:

Hoping you feel better soon and that it is not mono.

:rose:

'Tis a big thing, darlin'! Mono is debilitating and vastly time-consuming. I've fortunately never suffered from it, but have had friends who did, especially when I was in high school and they didn't have as effective treatments as they do now. You are in my thoughts, and your good-vibes antenna has been turned up to super-duper overpower status. :rose:

PurpleAnt.gif

Gracie,
Here's hoping that the doc will take one look at your throat and say, "Take two chocolate chip cookies and call me in the morning."

I think that somehow I expected that the more specific I was in defining myself, the easier it would be to claim a more nurturing and holistically personalized and thusly vibrant life and purpose... But what do I do when I realize who I am is preventing me from claiming what I now know I need? What do I do when these needs feel like shackles? And if I really am shackled by them, then why don't I feel more anchored?

Is it that when reflecting on and summing my experiences I have just evolved into a more mature and sensible sort of coward? Or have I somehow decided to be a jaded heart miser working and collecting pocketfuls of pennies I will never choose or be able to spend?

Is there a safe word for all of this?

Last edited:
I think that somehow I expected that the more specific I was in defining myself, the easier it would be to claim a more nurturing and holistically personalized and thusly vibrant life and purpose... But what do I do when I realize who I am is preventing me from claiming what I now know I need? What do I do when these needs feel like shackles? And if I really am shackled by them, then why don't I feel more anchored?

Is it that when reflecting on and summing my experiences I have just evolved into a more mature and sensible sort of coward? Or have I somehow decided to be a jaded heart miser working and collecting pocketfuls of pennies I will never choose or be able to spend?

((((hugs))))

There really does come a time when we need to redefine ourselves. We live much,much longer than those old assumptions give credit for.

Maybe this line from Umberto Eco will trigger some thinking?

"The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else."

FWIW, I don't imagine there's a direct relationship between this line and your thoughts as expressed above. But lately I've been experimenting with what I think of as random wisdom - the thoughts and impressions that are triggered by random expressions and experiences when we open our minds up to receiving and processing them.

((((hugs))))

There really does come a time when we need to redefine ourselves. We live much,much longer than those old assumptions give credit for.

I will definitely try to reconsider this. Thank you for the hug and the thought.

Maybe this line from Umberto Eco will trigger some thinking?

"The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else."

FWIW, I don't imagine there's a direct relationship between this line and your thoughts as expressed above. But lately I've been experimenting with what I think of as random wisdom - the thoughts and impressions that are triggered by random expressions and experiences when we open our minds up to receiving and processing them.

Actually, this was quite appropriate. Thank you for the quote and the reminder of a quote your post gave me (my apologies as I can't remember where I heard it before so I can't give appropriate props)... "When you don't know what to do or say, then the answers are usually found in the listening." :rose:

Last edited:
Oh goody. Because what I really need added on to the stress in my life is cervical dysplasia. THANKS A LOT

I'm so sorry that happened to you! :(
Gentle hug and hopes you will be better soon. :rose:

Well, the reassuring thing is (Besides the total lack of any clinical sign related to something more serious) that apparently my mom has a history of benign polyps. That just MAY have been nice to know at some point before now!! But, in her defense, she forgot about it since it was so long ago... understandable but YEEEESH

It's just such terrible bloody timing to be dealing with on top of everything else, ye know?

Oh goody. Because what I really need added on to the stress in my life is cervical dysplasia. THANKS A LOT
Not something I'd be familiar with, but a quick Google makes it look not-pleasant. I hope it's low-grade and easily "fixable."

Got your antenna powered up and beaming away...

parabAnt2.gif

I think I'm feeling better, but that could be wishful thinking. lol But thank you, everyone, for your well wishes. I've never had mono, but I've known people who have and ... no, thank you! Plus, evidently, mono when you're on autoimmune suppressants is no joke.

Gracie,
Here's hoping that the doc will take one look at your throat and say, "Take two chocolate chip cookies and call me in the morning."

I am never that lucky. I don't think enough people are praying for that for me. :p

Left-over split-pea soup can be pretty sturdy stuff. I now expect my alimentary canal to be spackled shut for the next 12 to 24 hours. May have to try some sparkling wine this evening to open up the road for more traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back