Chronicles of Lazdormu(IC closed for Sinister Spiders)

Medivh Aran

With the catalyst ignited Sargaras pressed him forward. Medivh's member gradually parted the petals of her love flower, the seed from his mirror oozed out assisting in their penetration. The velvety softness of her inner walls coaxed him further and he didn't halt until his rod had reached full depth.

And now I shall complete the cycle. We shall consume this world father and son, with no force to stop us.

Medivh let out an inward sigh, he needed Sargaras to believe he had won especially at this crucial moment, if he suspected anything at all then it was likely the demon would destroy Garona in his anger; this was something Medivh could not allow.

((I will fight you with everything I have foul beast))

You can try.


As a final point the demon eased Medivh's member out of Garona all the way to the tip before plunging deeply. He set a neck breaking pace and force as he pounded the half-orc girl with in-human ferocity. Medivh became lost in the intense sensations of her clenching muscles around his invading member, Sargaras returned his control just as he reached his climax; completely lost in the daze of his lust Medivh could not stop the momentum of his thrusts as he felt the river of his own seed was flowing within her.

At the last pulse he finally regained his sensibility, he fell forward and cradled her tightly while his body caught its breath.
 
Garona Halforcen

Medivh's thrusting gained an almost painful force. He seemed to lose all sense of the world around him as he pounded relentlessly into Garona. She enjoyed watching his facial expression as he lost himself in his pleasure, and she also loved the way that her body reacted to his attention. Every part of her was buzzing with energy, and he was hitting a spot deep within her that made her cry out desperately.

Medivh's last few thrusts as he came made Garona's head spin with intense sensations, and when he fell against her, cradling her in his arms, she couldn't help but smile. Never before had anyone ever held her after having sex with her, and she enjoyed the way that their sweaty torsos pressed together intimately.

"Thank you." She whispered hoarsely, her throat sore from the screaming. She didn't only mean for making love to her; buts he had a feeling that he would pick up on that without further elaboration.
 
Medivh Aran

Though the sincerity of her word warmed his racing heart the cold truth made it a bitter victory. Sargaras had planned their coupling from when Medivh had first suggested he keep her alive. Medivh felt like a complete and utter fool for believing that he had beaten the demon lord by hiking away from the tower.

The only consolidation was that he was almost one hundred percent his spell would do its job. He couldn't afford it not to and neither could Garona, the poor girl was yet again another tool to be used, all Medivh could hope for was that she would leave the both of them before Sargaras found out the truth.

Against his deeper desire Medivh eased himself out of Garona and repositioned them both on the bed lying next to each other. He pulled the blankets around them and gave Garona a loving kiss.

"You deserve everything that is wonderful and magnificent, I'm afraid I can only offer you myself and though it may not be what you need it is all I can give." He spoke the words as if they were his last for he knew it was likely the final chance he would get to voice his feelings.

The physical and mental exhaustion finally caught up and in no time at all he feel into a deep sleep.
 
Garona Halforcen

Despite the horridness of the day and the emotional turmoil of the evening Garona relaxed into Medivh's arms. Safe. That was the feeling that seeped into every fibre of her being as his lips claimed hers in a passionate kiss and he offered himself to her. She didn't know what to say in return, so she said nothing, instead choosing to press her body against his and rest her head on his chest as the dark tendrils of sleep claimed her fatigued mind.

For the first time in a long time Garona's dreams hadn't been dark and desperate. When she finally roused just after sunrise and reality set in on her, she woke to the memory of Gul'dan's threat. She looked up at Medivh's serene sleeping face and slipped out of his arms and off his bed. Sharing their bodies had been the greatest gift she'd ever received and she would not repay him with death. If Gul'dan wanted to kill her he could, but he would never be able to take away the memories they had made together, and the way that the Mage had made her feel.

After getting dressed Garona made her way down to the kitchens to start preparing breakfast. However, the hour was later than she had expected and Khadgar had beaten her to it.

"You're up late." Khadgar said, pushing a bowl of porridge towards towards her. "Been burning the midnight oil?" He asked.

"You have no idea." Garona mumbled in response, accepting the bowl with a grateful nod.

"So, I see Medivh has resumed his astronomy lessons with you. And history too I suppose." Khadgar said slowly, looking at her expectantly.

"He has." Garona confirmed. "Did you have any books about the constellations in different realms?" She asked. Hoping that the question would distract Khadgar and provide get with a distraction also. Khadgar's dubious expression told her that he saw through the ruse, but he brushed that line of questioning aside anyway.

"With a library the size of this one it would be sacrilegious if we didn't." He said haughtily. "Finish your breakfast and meet me there. I should have a book or two ready for you when you arrive."

~*~

Garona ate her breakfast quickly and made her way to the library. Her nerves began to creep up on her the further away from Medivh that she was. She had failed her mission and she knew that retribution would be coming for her, only she didn't know when. Every shadow became a sinister force, every howl of the wind was the howl of a creature coming to tear her apart.

When Garona arrived at the library it turned out that Khadgar was true to his word. In the short time he'd had in the library he had stacked up four books on the desk. He was collecting another two when he came to join Garona.

"Why the sudden interest in reading about astronomy?" He asked, the curiosity evident in his voice.

"I've always loved the stars." Garona replied evasively.

"And they are different here to they are in your homeland?" Khadgar asked.

"They are different here to they are in Draenor." She confirmed, careful to place emphasis on the name of her place of birth rather than calling it home.

"Medivh knows a lot about the stars." Khadgar probed, looking at Garona carefully.

"So he does, but I am sure he has better things to do than tell me about the stars." Garona replied briskly, but Khadgar wasn't to be so easily dissuaded.

"He didn't have anything better to do last night." Khadgar shot back, his bitterness clear in his tone. Garona looked at him and saw from his expression that Khadgar was truly perplexed as to why Medivh would want to spend more time gazing at the stars with her than with his apprentice.

"Apparently not." Garona sighed, trying not to let the flippant comment hurt her. It was true, there was no reason that Medivh should value her company over Khadgar's. There was nothing more than sex that Garona could offer him, and even there she was a lacklustre performer. She took one of the books off the pile and opened it up in front of her.

Sensing that she was trying to socially distance herself, Khadgar returned to the shelves to do whatever it was that he did there. Garona's mind was racing with the knowledge that she had a finite amount of time left to live, and her entire body was humming with dread and nervous anticipation. Out of everything, she hoped that it would be quick. She knew though that Gul'dan would not let her treachery go unpunished.

"Garona?" Khadgar's voice barely broke through the assault of thoughts and the words that Garona was reading.

"GARONA!" This time his voice was so loud and urgent that Garona looked up to see what was so important.

"What is -" Garona stopped mid-sentence and her jaw dropped when she saw the monstrosity that had materialised in the library.

"GET BEHIND ME!" Khadgar cried out, throwing himself between the demon and Garona and putting up a defensive shield.

All of a sudden the rage that she'd held back all of her life broke free and Garona let out an roar of pure hatred and anger. If this was the end, so be it. She would go down fighting.

A large book on astronomy in Draenor went flying through the magical shield and hit the demon's slimy skin. Instead of sliding down, the demon seemed to absorb it slowly. Garon watched, amazed, as the demon began to laugh. It was the sound of bat wings in the night, rats crawling through a wooden roof, death marching patiently towards a prostrate victim.


"
 
Last edited:
Medivh Aran

Medivh strolled through the mist of his dreams lost and dazed. More often than not Sargaras amused himself by taunting the mage during his sleeping hours either with an infinity of darkness and pain or images of death and destruction. All his failings in life were presented as shimmering mirage's in the haze of his mind.

For the first time however Medivh did not feel lonely nor did he despair, despite the fact that Sargaras had planned their joining he could not take away the deeper meaning and feelings he felt for Garona. Now, he was almost certain she also shared his desires. Even if the moment they shared was the only time they could express their love for each other it was most certainly enough for him.

Sargaras's laugh boomed deeply within the silience.

Are you going to thank me maggot?

(What for?)

For giving you what you wanted

(Garona gave me her love without your assistance)

Be careful you pathetic piece of slime, I am the reason you can even experience such greatness. If not for me you would be nothing

(You cannot hurt me Sargaras, you cannot take away what I feel.)

Perhaps I do not care how you feel right now. For I can take away what you cherish instead.

Medivh was not in the mood for games but Sargaras did not seem to let go. The dust of he dream stirred and an image formed in front of him, at first the colors and shapes were incomprehensible but slowly the images sharpened and what he saw shocked him to the core.

A terrifying demon with a menacing curved blade stood in the center of a room. Medivh recognised the room immediately as the tower library. At one end of the room Khadgar stood with his staff raised high, he had erected a force shield to deflect the demons next fireball. Though the flame seemed powerful his steadfast apprentice did not falter. The demon roared in anger, the two curved horns on its head arcing with demonic power. It raised the blade high in the air and brought it down upon Khadgar's shield with a tremendous force. The shield took most of the strike but it broke under the strain, the demon cackled with an inhuman resonance.

(Nooooo. This cannot be true, you lie to me demon)

I assure you maggot, what you see is happening at this very moment. Your apprentice and lover both fight for their lives.

(Lover? Garona?)

Just as he was about to confirm with Sargaras he saw a green flash leap toward the demon. Quicker than lightning she hacked and slashed at the demons thickened hide leaving deep cuts. Demonic blood sprayed around the room haphazardly, Garona herself was soaked but she did not relent. It was only when the demon cried out its death throes that she halted her attack, certain that the demon was dead she rushed over to Khadgar. His apprentice didn't seem physically injured, only mentally weakened.

(Is there a point to this Sargaras? my apprentice and lover were more than capable of dealing with your little pets)

Keep watching maggot, the point will become clear soon

Just as Garona pulled Khadgar to his feet another rift appeared in the library, two more demons stepped through; this time Khadgar was ready he unleash two balls of fire toward their new opponents, this first demon was caught by the full blast and knocked back to the end of the room but the second was only grazed. Khadgar summoned a cone of icy magic in front of him to slow its advance, this gave Garona the opportunity to charge forward again. This time however her attacks were ineffectual, the thick plate surrounding the demons skin proved to be to strong against her blades. The demon simply ignored her measly attack and struck her hard with hilt of its blade, Garona was knocked back into a nearby book shelf which collapsed on top of her.

Khadgar used the time to summon a powerful energy wave of arcane power. The concentrated force of magic slammed into the demon and bypassed its armor completely. With no other protection it was ripped apart under the strain, by this time the other demon had regained its composure it rushed at Khadgar headlong with his blade pointed directly ahead. Khadgar only had enough time to summon another shield which barely managed to deflect the blow. With no more magic left Khagar was completely defenseless.

Instead of slashing Khadgar with its weapon the demon picked up the mage by his throat, holding him precariously in the air. Khadgar choked under the gripping force, his feet flailing about in desperation. Just when it looked as if he was done for a force of shadow magic smashed into the demon, it hit with such a force that the demon completely disintegrated. Garona had managed to push the shelf of her body and unleash her magic, Khadgar dropped to the floor, gasping for breath and immediately nursing the wounds on his neck. As the two recovered for the second time a third rift opened.

(Please stop this. I beg you)

It is not I who is responsible for this attack. Our mutual friend Guldan was not happy with his emissary latest work and has decided to eliminate her. I have simply allowed his portals to find their way here.

Medivh realised what her last mission was supposed to be. The knife in her hand, ready to stab him in his sleep. She failed to assassinate him and now her master was punishing her, it was his fault again. Another failure to be tormented with.

(Please we have to stop it, she bares your child. If she dies then it dies.)

I am beyond compassion little maggot. I do not care for my spawn especially since I can quite easily dominate countless worlds without it. However I am feeling generous, there is something you can offer me, something that you can trade for their miserable lives.


(Anything. I'll do anything)

By this time a numerable amount of demons had begun pouring through the portals. Both Garona and Khadgar fought valiantly but they could not stand up against such a force.

Compliance. Complete and utter control of every aspect in your body; magic and all.

Medivh was confused. Surely the demon already had that? Then he realised that ever since he'd discovered Sargaras' presence Medivh fought with him, it seemed pointless but he tried every day and night. Perhaps it took a lot more than he realised for the demon to keep him under control.

(You shall have it, everything that has been and will ever be is yours until the day I take my last breath)

Well done maggot. You have saved both of their lives, just remember who it was that gave you this gift though.

Before Medivh could respond he was suddenly awoken from his sleep. He wasn't entirely sure if the events had been a dream but it wasn't worth the risk to not act immediately. He teleported into the library and unleashed the force of the Guardian upon the demons within. There was no time to eliminate them one by one so he simply gathered them up and forced them back into the portal they emerged from. When the last demon had been returned Medivh closed the rift and cast a counter spell through the portal, Guldan would find it difficult if not impossible to try again.

The library was a complete mess, non-magical books lay strewn across the floor either burnt or ripped to shreds. Bookshelves lining the walls had fallen down or collapsed and not one table or chair was left intact. None of that matter of course because both Khadgar and Garona were both in one piece, a little worse for wear but definitely alive.

"I am sorry I was not here earlier, I was preoccupied with other matters." Medivh explained apologetically.

"I think Garona and I could have handled it but it is good you are here." Khadgar joked and for the first time actually smiled at Garona.
 
Lazdormu-Entry 6

Time: 12 years after the war between Humans and Orcs (Before the Third War)

Location: Alliance transport ship travelling between Lorderon and Silvermoon

Subject: Arthas Menethil, Jaina Proudmore

Summary: Arthas Menethil was the crown prince of Lorderon one of the most powerful human capitals in the eastern Kingdoms. He was on the verge of beginning his training as a Paladin under the tutelage of Uther Lightbringer.

Jaina Proudmore was the daughter of Admiral Proudmore the commander of the entire alliance fleet. She excelled in the arcane arts and was poised to join the Mages of Kirin Tor in the magical city of Dalaran.

arthas_and_jaina___memories_by_pika4ever-d31yf5h.jpg


 
Last edited:
Prince Arthas Menethil

Arthas knelt at his fathers feet, King Terenas continued to explain the current state of affairs within the Alliance.

“…We are falling apart at the seams, the war between our nations and the orcish horde was very costly and though we fought on the same front some of the other nations are already pulling away. Gilneas and Stromgarde have already voiced their concerns but the root of the problem is the elves, those pompous pointy eared fools are on the verge of leaving this Alliance. Apparently they blame us for the orcs invasion in the first place.” The King stood and stepped down from his throne and approached his son, he placed both his hands on Arthas’s shoulders and pulled him upward to stand.

“I need you to travel to Silvermoon to propose a marriage with the Elven princess Sha’re Starborn. Her family holds a great deal of influence in the Kingdom of Silvermoon, her father especially has the Elven King’s ear. If we can get on their good side he may just convince Anasterian Sunstrider to remain in the Alliance.”

Arthas was intrigued by his fathers proposal, it was very rare for humans and elves to interact on that level. From what he’d learned of their history both his people and theirs only seemed to come together when it suited them the best. Arthas had been to the elven capital once before the impressive infrastructure of their architecture was most impressive. He met with the High King and his son Kael’thas, though he was likely at least three times his age the two of them got along quite well. He never spoke to Princess Sha’re but from the small glimpses he caught, he decided that she was most certainly the most beautiful creature he’d ever seen. A marriage with her would be very agreeable but her over protective father didn’t seem at all interested in her conversing with the human visitors.

“How can you be certain that she will accept the proposal father?” Arthas’s voice echoed deeply in the halls of the throne room as if his question held tremendous weight.

“I have already sent the request by letter. His response was plain, Send the boy and we shall see.” His father seemed amused by the response.

Arthas was far from happy, at the age of eighteen he was well and truly considered a man. He was well versed in many different languages including five dialects of common, Dwarven and even some Elvish. His knowledge of combat tactics and politics were vast and though he’d only begun his study as a Paladin, Uther Lightbringer himself considered Arthas to be his most promising pupil. To be called a mere boy was an insult to his skill and his father knew it, but the game between father and son had been waging for a while with his father always challenging him and Arthas trying to live up to his high expectations.

“Fine, I shall secure the hand of Princess Starborn and ensure that the elves remain a part of the Alliance for another generation.” Arthas boasted.

“I expect nothing less my son. Go now and prove to the elves that humans are more than just convenient allies.”

Arthas spent the next few days planning his trip to the elven capital, The roads between Lorderen and Silvermoon were still not fit for travel; the war between the Alliance and Horde left battle scars across the land and the King was still not convinced that every orc had been rounded up. For that reason. King Terenas organised for the capital ship ‘The Triumph’ to ferry them across the sea. Though Arthas had been taught about nautical travel and the components behind it he’d never actually travelled on a boat before, but he was not concerned, Arthas knew all that was needed for this trip.

Arthas expected a lengthy stay and insisted that his ship was well stocked for the journey, apart from the minimum supplies he also requested that expensive wine and jewellery also be added to the manifest; the elves were a difficult people to please but Arthas hoped that his nation’s splendour would help in their cause.

In the days leading up to his Arthas insisted that Uther continue his training in the ways of the light. He wanted to impress the elves with his divine power, something that the elves with all their magic had yet to master.
When the day arrived Arthas made his way to the northern Tirisfal Dock to board the ship. The ship at the pier was not the Mighty Triumph that he expected, instead a much smaller and streamline looking vessel was being loaded with all his supplies. He waltzed up to the dockmaster to demand an explaination.

“What is going on here!” At first it looked as if the dock master was going to yell right back but then he looked up from his paper work and stepped back upon recognising the Prince’s face.

“Oh milord. I’m afraid I’m not sure what you mean.”

“Where is the triumph and why is my supplies being loaded onto his tiny little ship?” Arthas complained.

“I’m sorry milord. I’ve just been given orders to load the Bravery. You’ll have to talk to the captain.”

“And where is the captain now?” Arathas scowled.
“In the their quarters Milord.” The dockmaster quivered with fear, it was not wise to anger a Prince.

“Fine I shall speak to the captain immediately.” Arthas stormed off toward the boat and across the gangplank. The crewmembers and suppliers stood clear from his path obviously detecting his mood.

“Where is the captain?” He yelled out.
 
Last edited:
Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore

Admiral Daelin Proudmoore sat by the window of the meeting chambers in the tower of his keep in Boralus. In his hand was the curled message that his warden had taken of the foot of a bird earlier that day. It was taking all of his restraint not to crush the fine parchment right then, but he knew that his outrage and sense of betrayal would not serve him well in this instance.

The sound of footsteps came to him through the closed door, and within moments it creaked open and he saw his son standing before him.

"You summoned me, Father?" Tandred said, slightly breathless after the long climb of the tower steps.

"Yes, come in. Sit." Tandred walked into the room and made himself comfortable opposite his father on the padded window seat. Without further conversation Daelin handed the tiny missive to his son. He wouldn't need to explain it, Tandred would understand.

Just as Daelin had predicted, Tandred's eyes soon looked up from the little scroll to meet his. Behind them there was anger and the flurry of thoughts.

"It seems that Arthas and Terenas have decided to forsake their own kind." Daelin said slowly.

"It makes no sense. Why propose a marriage and an alliance with the elves?" Tandred asked, eyebrows knitted together.

"Because, it seems, that the allegiance of the elves means more to the King Lorderon than that of his own kind." Daelin replied, Tandred nodded in agreement.

"And he even had the nerve to ask you to send Triumph on this mission." That was Daelin's own ship, captained by Tandred when the Lord Admiral's duties called him elsewhere.

"Yes." Daelin said with a grim smile. "However, I have decided that Triumph is now out of service. Apart from being utterly inappropriate for such a mission, I have a better craft for such an excursion. The Bravery."

"The Bravery?" Tandred's question came with an increased indent in his brow. "But Katrin is indisposed. Who will Captain the ship?" Tandred asked.

"I think it is time that Jaina had the pleasure of piloting a ship to sea. She is ready for command, is she not?" Daelin asked.

Tandred was about to argue; he had advocated for his sisters training as a Sorceress for as long as she had displayed the affinity. Daelin, however, wanted his daughter to continue the Proudmoore tradition of being seafarers and rulers.

Understanding quickly dawned in Tandred's eyes and a grin crept onto his handsomely chiselled face.

"Yes, I think that Jaina is the perfect Captain for this expidition." Tandred said with a slow nod and the unspoken truth that her presence would do more than captain the ship. Jaina and Arthas were childhood friends, and now that both were grown Daelin had no doubt that her presence would distract the hot-blooded Arthas from his course.

An alliance with the elves might be what Terenas wanted; but Daelin would make sure that he got an alliance with his own kind instead. And Jaina would be the perfect offering.
 
Last edited:
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Jaina Proudmoore looked at the Bravery’s manifest and shook her head. How much jewelry and wine did Arthas really think the Elves would need? As far as she was aware there was no sudden and devastating shortage of such items (it was quite the contrary, actually). Her father had mentioned that Arthas was going to Silvermoon with hopes to impress the elves and ensure a continuation of their loyalty to the Alliance.

The fact that Arthas had requested the Truimph was bad enough, but this strange perception of what would impress the elves concerned Jaina. The elves were masters of artistically wrought jewelry and fantastical wines; why Arthas thought that the culturally different and significantly less masterful human versions would appeal to the Elves.

Luckily Jaina’s father had interceded and asked her to pilot the Bravery instead of the Truimph. Out of all of the ships in her father’s fleet, the Bravery had to be the most ill-named. The tradition of Kul Tirasians was to name a ship after its maiden voyage, and to give it a name that characterized that trip. The Truimph was built to be the pride of the fleet, but this tradition was foregone. When presented to King Terenas he had asked for the name, and to avoid insult and to show respect for Terenas’ culture her father had named it there and then. Truimph. It was a good name for any ship, but it was a ill-fated and many blamed that on the fact that her father strayed from tradition.
Truimph spent the better part of the battle against the Horde in flames and with the hull being bailed out of the portholes. It turned out that the Triumph had nothing to do with the triumph of the Alliance, and it has been cursed with ill luck ever since.

Jaina could understand why Arthas had selected that ship; it was large, held a lot of fire power, and it had a name that was noble. However, despite its ironic history, sending a ship with a name such as Truimph would be an insult to the Elves. It was terribly presumptious for Arthas to assume that his flattery would be successful, and the Elves were so close to leaving the Alliance that Admiral Daelin Proudmoore had asked Jaina to captain the Bravery for the quest instead. Not only was it a new, fast and very advanced ship, but it had one of the best and most successful names in the fleet and the Elves would look upon the name with appreciation rather than distaste.

There sounds of the sea, the gulls and the docks were suddenly drowned out by the shouting and yelling of her crew. When she heard someone demand to see the captain she got to her feet , made her way out of her quarters, and made for the deck.

“I’m the captain of this vessel.” Jaina replied, looking down at an enraged Arthas as he yelled and fumed at her crew.
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

Arthas turned at the confident feminine voice that answered his command. Dressed in breeches and a loose shirt she didn't at all look like the childhood friend he remembered. Even though she was dressed in the standard seamans attire the curves of her form well accentuated a well shaped woman.

Arthas' temper swept away like the tide rolling out and a smirk twitched at the corner of his mouth. Though her stare would cause any other man to quiver in their boots Arthas was no ordinary commoner.

"Jaina, you're looking fit." He jested. "Did they run out of real captains in Kul Tiras that I got stuck with you?" Arthas strode over to her his chest high in the air.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

"With all the wine and jewels in the cargo you could buy any captain you want," Jaina laughed, ignoring his idle flattery and walking down the steps towards him.

"However, I think they're all busy with other voyages. I could go home if you like?" She teased, hery eyes raking over his body. He had changed since the last time she had seen him, and it made her cheeks tinge with pink to realise that she liked the changes very much.
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

"Go home?" He looked at her incredulously. "And miss out on your supposed abilities as a 'Captain'. I think not."

Arthas well knew of her skills in the nautical profession but he quite enjoyed their childish banter. On the few occasions they had met up their friendship had defined itself as a continuous competition between their respective skill sets.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

"Well you'd better stop yelling like a fishwife then; my crew don't appreciate that sort of behaviour," Jaina laughed, "Now, I have to go and continue preparing for this adventure of yours. You are free to come with me if you like, and you can tell me more about how you intend to impress the elves."
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

Arthas feigned an expression of insult at her fishwife comment, as usual however, she did not change her stance. Deciding that the voyage would be far more entertaining with Jaina on board he followed behind her as she worked.

"The elves are a proud and refined people, they expect nothing but the best. I of course already represent the best humankind can offer but simple gestures of good will always add a nice touch. I'm told that elven wine is an experience to the mind and body like nothing else but I have great confidence in our branding." Arthas boasted.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Jaina listened as Arthas continued to prattle on about the various virtues of the gifts he was polluting her cargo hold with. Jaina knew from experience that there was little point arguing with him about his misconceptions over the Elve's likelihood of being impressed by their relatively rough craftmanship.

As she was getting her cabin in order and ready for the journey, she couldn't help but sneak glances at him over her shoulder. He looked different now, older, but not wiser. He had that charming smile that only young men could pull off, the one that said that their ego far outstripped their experience. Jaina knew that Arthas was strong and powerful, but he did too, and she suspected that this ego would well be a weakness for him when he tried to impress the elves.

"Well, I'm ready to depart. Shall we go and check that your party is aboard?" Jaina asked, grabbing her flask and turning to Arthas with a smile. "I wonder what they think of all of the wine and jewelery..."

Jaina nodded at Arthas as she brushed past him and made her way out onto the deck of the ship.
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

As Jaina brushed passed him she ruffled his woollen cloak off the shoulder plate of his armour. If any other woman made such a manoeuvre he would have considered it flirting but she quite often made such gestures when they were young and so he accepted it as a playful banter.

Arthas stepped toward the edge of the boat and stopped at the top of the center gangplank leading onto ship. He pulled the cloak back over his shoulders, straightened his back and held his head high.

"Men! I want everything to be perfect for our trip to Silvermoon, the elves expect nothing but our very best. We will remind them of the glory of man and the true leaders of the Alliance!" He held his fist in the air and all the men around him cheered.

"For the Alliance, All Hail Prince Arthas!" They cheered brightly.

Arthas beamed at the solid commitment of those that served him. Even though the elves had their knowledge, immortality and magic humans had their determination, loyalty and courage, it was these qualities that kept them in the lead. He turned back to Jaina as the final pieces of freight were being loaded.

"If you need a strong man to keep these lot in line you know who to turn to." He remarked with an expression of smugness.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Jaina couldn't help but roll her eyes at Arthas's infectious bravado. He was such a natural born leader, and these sailors were primed to his mood. He had turned this diplomatic and alliance creating mission into one of competition and racial pride. It made her concerned that her own crew were so receptive to his verbal logorrhea.

"And if you need someone to teach you the respect you will need to succeed on this mission then my cabin door is always open," Jaina retorted. She stepped to the side and looked at her sailors. "PREPARE TO SET SAIL!" She cried, everyone whirring into action.
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

Arthas raised his eyebrow in question at her remark, then again Jaina always had some quip to his every statement. He knew she was a smart and talented woman but sometimes he thought that the Admiral gave her too much power.

The crew rushed around busying themselves with the work of setting sail. Arthas didn't often travel by sea, he didn't think it was the place of a Prince or Paladin to be putting his trust in the uncontrollable and unpredictable sea of Azeroth. Every creek in the wooden floor boards scratched at his nerves and the slow sway of the boat was already giving him a feeling of queasiness.

Trying not to think about what he ate for breakfast Arthas moved to the bow and leaned against the railing, trying to focus on the horizon.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Jaina spent the next few hours at the helm, piloting the boat and issuing orders to the crew. Despite the somewhat insufferable company of the morning she found the familiar routines of sea journey comforting. When they were into deeper oceans she handed control over to her Chief Officer.

Striding up and down the deck of the ship Jaina was pleased that everything had been good so far. Her crew shouted their greetings into the wind as she passed and she responded with a grin. Hearing a slight clatter she turned to dee Arthas draped over the railing on the port side of the boat. She walked over and rested against the rail beside him.

"A prince such as yourself should have better posture," she teased "What ever will the elves think?"
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

Arthas grumbled at her jest, her cheerful disposition only made his seasickness worse. He turned to face her so that he could reply with an equally witty retort but the sudden movement only worsened the unease within his gut.

Arthas leaned over the railing as his stomach threatened to expel its contents out the front of the ship. He closed his eyes and concentrated on not losing himself, it was bad enough that she was unaffected by the rocking of the boat but worse if she saw him spill his guts on her boat.

With a deep swallow he managed to keep the bile down. Large beads of sweat formed on his brow as a result of both the heat of the day and his illness. This trip could not end sooner.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Jaina watched with undisguised amusement as Arthas tried to keep the contents of his stomach down. His skin had turned a pale shade of green and sweat was beading on his skin even though it was a mild day with a beautiful sea breeze.

"Looks like your suffering from a bit of sea sickness there my Prince," Jaina said with a laugh, "Is the tilt and sway of the ocean a bit much?"
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

Jaina's sing song tone was starting to get on Arthas' nerves. It was not often that he came across something he couldn't handle and seasickness would not be one to defeat him.

"I find the movement quite comforting." He lied through gritted teeth. Arthas realised he'd spoken to soon as the boat hit a rather large wave. The sudden change was all that was needed for him to loose control; as soon as the boat levelled out he hurled the contents of the last three meals over the edge.

After a short but painful coughing frenzy he wiped his mouth clean and turned around. Some of the crew had noticed but he gave them a look that told them otherwise.

"Argh! blasted waves, I'll take a hard ride any day over this." he waved his hand around in a semi-circle before resuming his position over the rails again. The sea it seemed, wasn't listening to him.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Jaina laughed and patted Arthas on the shoulder.

"Nereth over there would be willing to give you a hard ride if you think it would help," Jaina gestured over her shoulder at a particularly tall and bulky sailor who was overseeing the riggings. Nereth gave Arthas a playfully suggestive wink and then grinned at Jaina.

"Now, if you'd rather try and find a way to prevent loosing your insides to the ocean come with me," she offered, turning around and walking to the centre of the ship without waiting to see if Arthas was following.
 
Prince Arthas Menethil

Arthas' eyes widened at her suggestion, even though he knew deep down she was joking the mere image was enough to cause a shiver to run down his spine. It seemed his only choice was to submit to Jaina.

Arthas grunted in response and followed behind while trying to maintain his air of authority.
 
Lady Jaina Proudmoore

Jaina waited until Arthas joined her. She rested her back against the middle mast and then slid down until she was seated.

"Sit down here, my Prince," Jaina said patting the deck beside her. "The centre of the boat is the best place to be if you are feeling sick. It also helps if you stop focusing on the horizon as if it were a life raft. You are best of gentling scanning your surroundings. Keep your body in the direction we're travelling as well."

After Arthas sat Jaina smiled and continued.

"The problem is that your eyes are telling you one thing and your body is telling you another. If what I told you doesn't work then you might try closing your eyes."

Jaina got to her feet once more and looked around, there was much to do.

"It might also help if you got rid of this," she rapped his pauldrons with her knuckles, "Full plate is one thing on land, but is a death wish at sea. If this ship goes over, which it wont, you would go down like a bag of bricks. And it is far too hot- if you keep it on we'll be able to have you as a roast dinner. Try something lighter, cotton or the like. If you don't have anything suitable ask the sailors, they'd be willing to share."

Jaina took a few steps forward and then stopped, turning back.

"And if you're looking for a private place where neither my men or yours will come looking for you feel free to retreat to my chambers. As you can see they are the most central on the boat. Being a little further back, yours might rock a little more than you can take at this moment."
 
Back
Top