Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah humbug. *pout* I want to write, I really do, but I can't seem to make my brain settle down and spit out something intelligble. (Boy, that word just looks wrong but it's right. Almost said "but it's write.") *sigh* :confused:

Five days and counting. I feel like I should have one of those twelve-step tokens... But I think it's getting easier...

Will the price of a barrel of petroleum ever return to it's historic relationship to the price of an Mcf of natural gas ?

Based on BTU-equivalency, with natural gas selling for ~$3.58/Mcf (NYMEX), a barrel of petroleum should sell for ~$21.50/barrel. By the same approach, using the current price of a barrel of petroleum, an Mcf of natural gas ought to be selling for $16.00/Mcf rather than its current $3.58/Mcf.

alfredgraph.png

Dual-fuel boiler operators beg to differ.

Shell, SASOL and Petrobras beg to differ.

Homeowners capable of converting furnaces beg to differ.

LNG arbitrageurs, merchants, operators and contractors beg to differ.

Operators of olefin cracking plants beg to differ.

I just had a nice warm bowl of Progresso Chicken and Homestyle Noodle Soup - I believe a nap may need to commence soon because of it.

I love it when he opens his own mouth instead of cut and paste and proves my point completely. :D

The Black Widow says: "Assemble Avengers!"

Well, I went to the role-playing bit of the board in hopes of a nice thread where I might find Loki in a compromising posting position and was sorely disappointed! In fact, I'm not even sore. Meh. :(

What a lot of incest and bad writing! I couldn't see any Avengers. There was a Star Trek thread but after long bios of all the characters, it descended into the Captain having a bad cough that week.

No, that was seriously all of it. There wasn't any Worf wrestling with Deanna or Nurse Chapel giving Chekov a bit of extra TLC.

There was a bit of Batman with someone, I never worked out who she was, but the protagonists had become so excited that the spelling errors drove me wild. The writing didn't.

We should stick to six words. If I could find a few more players I would set up a sort of story thread. I probably would allow more than six words but there should certainly be some artistic rules of the game. I don't know! Anyone would think people come on here for the sex. ;)

Oh la la la, :nana:, la la la :nana:, la nana, la nana.

Well, I went to the role-playing bit of the board in hopes of a nice thread where I might find Loki in a compromising posting position and was sorely disappointed! In fact, I'm not even sore. Meh. :(

What a lot of incest and bad writing! I couldn't see any Avengers. There was a Star Trek thread but after long bios of all the characters, it descended into the Captain having a bad cough that week.

No, that was seriously all of it. There wasn't any Worf wrestling with Deanna or Nurse Chapel giving Chekov a bit of extra TLC.

There was a bit of Batman with someone, I never worked out who she was, but the protagonists had become so excited that the spelling errors drove me wild. The writing didn't.

We should stick to six words. If I could find a few more players I would set up a sort of story thread. I probably would allow more than six words but there should certainly be some artistic rules of the game. I don't know! Anyone would think people come on here for the sex. ;)

Oh la la la, :nana:, la la la :nana:, la nana, la nana.

There's sex here? :eek:

I'm sure that if you team Multi-gram tostito chips with chunky salsa, you're doing two great things for your body - multi grain and vegetables. :D

There's sex here? :eek:

My sentiments exactly... ;)

Never mind, Naoko. Looks like you'll have to assemble your own crack team <bites lip>. From my few brief forays into the RP boards, I suspected you might not have much joy.

Maybe I should stick to writing Only Fools and Horses pastiches... :)

I have been watching a programme on Cairo's Museum.

Part of it was in the desert and showed an extensive (several miles of tunnels underground) catacomb of mummified animals. Apparently mummified animals were offerings to the gods seeking favours or thanks for past favours.

The animals were expensive to mummify because it was a complicated and long-winded process. The cost also rose if the animal was exotic in Egypt.

But archaelogists have found that many of the millions of mummified animals were actually fakes. Once the animal was wrapped and preserved all that could be seen was the vague shape of a bird, a cat, a monkey etc.

The purchaser couldn't know whether what they were offering to the gods was actually the animal they had paid to be mummified or a bundle of rags that was approximately the same shape and weight as a properly mummified creature.

'Buyer beware' applied several thousand years ago just as it does now.

People making a fast buck from shoddy products is nothing new.

My sentiments exactly... ;)

Never mind, Naoko. Looks like you'll have to assemble your own crack team <bites lip>. From my few brief forays into the RP boards, I suspected you might not have much joy.

Maybe I should stick to writing Only Fools and Horses pastiches... :)

Migosh, we collected a fan in the Six Words Story thread! :D

FrostyZen, won't you join in fun?

You can be Batman. Or Robin. Or Catgirl. (Nice heels!) Or a Ninja turtle, if you insist on the Zen Buddhism.

As for you, Steve, after that crack about the crack team I should keep tight hold of that chandelier! and make sure your aspidistras are flying.

ROFLOL!

Migosh, we collected a fan in the Six Words Story thread! :D

FrostyZen, won't you join in fun?

You can be Batman. Or Robin. Or Catgirl. (Nice heels!) Or a Ninja turtle, if you insist on the Zen Buddhism.

As for you, Steve, after that crack about the crack team I should keep tight hold of that chandelier! and make sure your aspidistras are flying.

ROFLOL!

Oooh, we should totally have a fan club. Thinko of a name. We could have dancing banana pin badges. And sparkly cowboy hats. And decoder rings! I've never understood what one is, but I've always wanted one.

I'm off to start signing Hulk photos...

And my aspidistra's nearly always flying... ;)

Oooh, we should totally have a fan club. Thinko of a name. We could have dancing banana pin badges. And sparkly cowboy hats. And decoder rings! I've never understood what one is, but I've always wanted one.

Ah - memories of my childhood.

BTW, what is schwarma? We can have that too!

C'mon Handley, you can be Dan Dare. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back