Scott Walker is in Trouble--Someone Get the Smelling Salts

A.L.E.C.

Through ALEC, corporations vote on "model" legislation with politicians behind closed doors to advance their financial interests. They rewrite state laws that govern their corporate rights. These laws reach into almost every area of American life and directly benefit huge corporations at the direct expense of American citizens, rural townships, farmers and small local businesses.


Most elected Republican office holders are linked with ALEC in one way or another. Scott Walker and Leah Vukmir (past ALEC treasurer and currently on the board of directors) are members, as are many other conservative state office holders who are directly influenced by these corporate welfare recipients.

https://lacrossetribune.com/communi...cle_188b0c55-9514-51ef-8b78-5b5dd4e1ef42.html

State Rep. Chris Taylor (D-Madison) is no fan of the American Legislative Exchange Council, better known as ALEC.

One of the speakers at the August conference in New Orleans was David Horowitz, whom the Southern Poverty Law Center has labeled “a driving force of the anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant and anti-black movements.”

Taylor went on to call out Horowitz and ALEC in a column for the Center for Media and Democracy.

Horowitz’s lawyer sent a cease-and-desist letter to Taylor, demanding an apology and threatening to sue her.

Taylor says Horowitz illustrates the tough spot that ALEC now finds itself in during the reign of Trump. The group wants to push a pro-business agenda but would rather avoid the taint of Trump’s divisive, caustic rhetoric.


https://isthmus.com/news/news/chris...lawsuit-over-column-criticizing-alec-speaker/

Under Scott Walker, Wisconsin Lost 150 Manufacturing Plants: That’s the 12th Worst State Record in Nation
Considering

October 11, 2018

According to the “gold standard” of job metrics, the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, since Walker was elected in 2011, Wisconsin has lost 150 manufacturing establishments, at a time when most other states added them.

https://progressive.org/dispatches/...t-manufacturing-plants-and-job-growth-181011/

OCT 9, 2018


Every Race in Wisconsin Is a Referendum on the Scott Walker Experiment



That includes the senate race between Tammy Baldwin and Leah Vukmir



Leah Vukmir's career is inextricably bound up with that of Scott Walker, the goggle-eyed homunculus hired by Koch Industries to manage their midwest subsidiary formerly known as the state of Wisconsin.
(She is not shy about promoting every Trump talking point.)

Scott Walker held a corporate pep rally in Madison, at which he touted his economic program, including the manufacturing and agricultural tax break that have been criticized as little more than corporate welfare.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...n-senate-race-debate-referendum-scott-walker/

October 12, 2018

In last week’s debate between Leah Vukmir and Tammy Baldwin, Vukmir’s 16 years of service in the state legislature barely came up. But those who have been tuned in know her career is inextricably bound up with Scott Walker.

(Link to Esquire article)

https://bluewisconsin.news
 
A.L.E.C.

Through ALEC, corporations vote on "model" legislation with politicians behind closed doors to advance their financial interests. They rewrite state laws that govern their corporate rights. These laws reach into almost every area of American life and directly benefit huge corporations at the direct expense of American citizens, rural townships, farmers and small local businesses.

One does long to let the red red krovvy out of little ALEC with one's cutthroat britva, oh one, does, my brothers!
 
Back
Top