Tears in the Veil

Rowan laughed, "That's a lot of food! But, it all smells delicious." Rowan said, and as they enjoyed trying different dishes and differing combinations of things together, she declared some favorites and they had an enjoyable, adventuresome meal together. The conversation flowed, sometimes serious as they discussed the household spirits, sometimes playfully flirtatious as she felt more comfortable, realizing Matthew had put in the effort of this surprise and had kissed her back, among other things, because he was responding to her signals, that he liked her back and that was OK.
 
Last edited:
Matthew loved that he was making Rowan laugh. It looked like she had not been doing enough of that and he hated to see people sad, especially beautiful women. He enjoyed flirting with her and every time she did his mind kept returning to the kiss she had given him in the dreamworld. It had been one of the nicest kisses he had ever experienced real or otherwise. Maybe they had only been in a dream but he still loved the way she had felt in his arms.

As they finished off the meal he packed up the dishes and threw the containers in the bin. He quickly washed the plates and cutlery and then returned to Rowan. "I could put the Kettle on if you want or we could just sit and chat without anything to drink. Still perhaps you would like something else to drink instead."
 
Rowan shrugged, "Yes, tea would be quite nice, actually."

She followed Matthew into the kitchen, enjoying watching him use it. He insisted she not lift a finger after a full work day and leave it up to him. The novelty of how this whole evening was going made Rowan smile at this new experience. "Are you always this kind or are you just trying to impress me?" She asked, leaning with a smile and crossed arms, against the doorframe.
 
Matthew turned and smiled at her. "Well you forget that I am used to living and surviving on my own a lot of the time too, so this sort of thing comes naturally to me. However I do like to impress beautiful women as well so I guess it is a little of both. Do you like milk and sugar in your tea?"

He made it just like she wanted it then carried both cups back into the lounge room and sat on the couch with her. He noticed her limping a little. "I take it you are on your feet a lot all day. Well if I am not overstepping my boundaries here I have been told I give a great foot massage. If you want I can give you a trial go. However if you like this one I am afraid I am going to have to charge you for the next ones,"he grinned.
 
She thought about it for a moment, sipping her tea, trying to keep herself from retreating to her shyness shell because, really, she was enjoying herself even though all of this kind attention was giving her stomach nervous butterflies at times. With a sigh Rowan nodded. "Alright... Ive never had a foot massage before. This seems to be an evening of firsts. "

As he moved her to sit with her smooth, bare, legs in his lap she smoothed out her knee length skirt to maintain some decorum and she involuntarily jumped when she felt Matthew's hands take hold of her right foot. She explained, "Sorry. I should warn you to be kind of careful... I'm a little bit ticklish."
 
Last edited:
"I will have to remember that and maybe press a little firmer at some points than I usually do. That's how I usually deal with ticklish feet. Honestly though once you are into it you start to forget about that sort of feeling."

He began in the middle of her foot by gently but firmly rubbing her instep. He could feel how knotted and tense it was and he moved backwards and forwards and side to side, all up and down her sole. He went down to her heel and up to the balls of her feet massaging as hard as they needed to get out all the stress. Then he started on her toes, massaging each one separately before working down her foot again to her heel and her ankle. This was normally where a lot of people had problems and he spent a long time before he saw the relief on her face. Then it was the upper part of her foot and he was done.

He moved on to her other foot and glanced at the clock. It had taken him about half an hour to do the first foot and he expected the same with this one. Sure enough by the time he had finished another forty minutes had passed and Rowan was dozing a little in the chair. He shrugged and massaged the bottom of her legs too before stopping. Rowan was still out but he decided he better wake her before it got too late. Looking at her slumbering there so peacefully he was tempted to wake her up with a kiss but instead just gently shook her shoulder."Wake up sleepy head."
 
Rowan had drifted off. In her dream she'd been cold, naked, curled up in a ball on the concrete, her ankle shackled to the wall in some dark room, a basement...her basement? She'd never been all the way down there. She couldn't know for sure. The scent of blood and...rotting meat...caught her attention. She couldn't see anything but could hear gurgling and ragged, weak breathing. In her gut she knew a woman was dying a horribly painful death just feet from her and there was nothing she could do about it. Her mouth was sore, the holes in her lips where they'd been stitched shut were infected and festering...She wanted to scream but dared not. She could also smell musky sweat, HIS...The masked man was near. Likely, he was watching them, enjoying her fear and the suffering of the others...

...She was being shaken. At first her skin crawled because Rowan worried it was masked man...but as her grogginess decreased and the velvet curtain of dreams parted to allow her consciousness to drift back to the conscious world, she recognized the voice trying to rouse her. It was Matthew. The painful stitching on her lips disappeared as she rejected the dream and embraced reality with a gasp. "Oh, Matthew!" She cried out, jumping into his arms and hugging him tight as she trembled, whispering what she'd just experienced in dreamstate while he held her close and tried to calm her, her legs straddling his waist, she'd nearly wrapped herself around him in fright.
 
Matthew could see the fright in her eyes and the way she was holding on to him. Whatever she had been dreaming about it had not been good. He had a vague idea what it may have been about and if he was right it would have been terrifying. He definitely needed to teach her how to control her dreams especially as it looked like they had woken up the spirits in the house at least.

Then she started to tell him all about her dream and his eyes widened. It sounded like she had actually jumped into one of the girls who had been trapped in the basement and lived her memories. It was rare but it did happen. There were ways out of it if you knew how and he did but it did take a fair bit of training. It would be easier if he just watched over her while he trained her and kept her away from the basement while she slept.

He cuddled her and stroked her hair and whispered reassuring words to calm her down. He had to admit she felt nice in his arms and under other circumstances he could really enjoy this. Finally she had calmed down enough that he thought she would listen to him. "Rowan it's okay it was just a dream, just like the one we both had before. I am going to have to teach you how to control yourself in those dreams so you don't become a victim but can fight back if attacked. It takes a bit of practice but you have already been doing it with Sarah and the kids all this time so you should pick it up quickly. Until then I will protect you at night so don't worry," he smiled.

He continued to cuddle her and would until she let go. He instinctively wanted to protect her and she did feel really good wrapped around his body.
 
Rowan continued to cuddle Matthew tightly until the trembling had stopped and he'd eased her fears a little. "Whatever this is, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it all on my own." she admitted, almost nose to nose with Matthew.

For a moment, they stared intensely into each other's eyes and Rowan felt an urge to taste his lips...but self consciousness, and a feel of his own urgent physical reaction to the closeness pressing at her panties from behind his zipped jeans, made Rowan blush intensely and slowly, carefully, move off of his lap and out of their clothed straddle. This attraction fascinated her but there were more critical things to think about at this time. Still, Rowan could feel the moist, warm slipperiness between her thighs the thought of an aroused Matthew elicited from her and the tingle in her belly as she remembered their dream kiss...

She paced the lounge trying to think of how to avoid the scary masked man and the basement the next time she'd dream. "Matthew, tell me some tips now, please. I'm far too frightened to go back to sleep any time soon!" She said.
 
Last edited:
Matthew sighed a little to himself as Rowan had climbed off him. He really thought they had a connection and an attraction to each other. Well he knew he felt something for her and it was not just lust and he had been sure she felt it too, but she had pulled away. Still perhaps it had not been the most appropriate of times anyway.

When he heard her question he thought about it for a minute. What should he begin with. Right he better start with the very basics even though they were up against something this strong. Even the basics could be devastating if used correctly.

"Ok Rowan, the first step is both the easiest and sometimes the hardest to do. You have to realize you are dreaming. I mean really realize that. You have to learn to take control of your dreams by being almost awake but still dreaming. It takes a lot of practice but you have been doing it already when you play with Sarah and the other children. You just need to do that sort of thing in other places. If you can do that you can always run you see and I will teach you how later. That can only be done on the dreamscape I am sorry,"He told her.

"Step 2 is more fun. Once you know you are dreaming then anything is possible as long as you believe. After all it's your dream. Have you ever seen the movie Green Lantern? Well it's sort of like that but better. You can do and be whatever you want in the land of dreams as long as you think it is possible. The minute you stop believing though, bang your caught. That's what just happened to you. You knew you were having a nightmare, but it was so real and believable you were caught up in it. In those situations you need to calm down and clear your mind and try to float above the situation. Yes it is painful to do, but remember it has already happened and there is nothing you can do to stop it happening again. Once you are out then you can do damage."

He saw that Rowan was still a little shaken and he walked over and cuddled her again. "Look Rowan, I think it was only because you were so close to the basement when you slept that he was able to trap you, but tonight I can sleep at the foot of your bed and stand guard over you so don't worry no one is going to get you until I have taught you how to defend yourself."
 
She was somewhat comforted by the thought of Matthew staying with her to protect her but something occurred to her, "But, Matthew, how will you know if I need help? What if I don't show any signs of distress while asleep? Won't you be more effective if you join me in the dream world?..." she asked, adding, "...and stay physically near as well?"

Rowan watched Matthew closely trying to gage his response. "Have you tandem lucid dreamt before or was last night the first shared one you've ever had?" She asked, preparing the downstairs for their retire and locking the back, then front door, all the while, leading Matthew along, holding hands. "I don't have work in the morning. Lunch to dinner shift. I don't have to leave until 11. Thank goodness, because I don't think tonight I'm going to be sleeping very well."
 
Matthew smiled reassuringly at her as he followed her and gave her hand a light squeeze. "Last night was a bit of a first for me, because I was pulled into your dream without any warning. I have Tandem dreamt before though so I hope that does reassure you a little. As for lucid dreaming well I have been doing that since I was a little kid and have learned a lot of tricks. Some I have taught myself and some I have learned from friendly ghost's like Sarah."

As she led him upstairs he thought on what she had said. 'Physically close'. Did that mean she was inviting him to stay in her bed tonight? He gulped a little at that but he had to admit it would make their connection better. Well he did know a way it could be done and still maintain a bit of respect he guessed would be the word. "Ah look Rowan," He began blushing, " I think it would be a good idea if we were to remain close together tonight but maybe there is a solution that might make you feel a little more comfortable. If you get changed and climb into bed first, I can always lie on top of your covers and cuddle you that way. Don't get me wrong I am not saying I wouldn't like to be under the covers I am just ahh... saying that I thought...that you..." he stumbled to a halt blushing furiously. "I should probably stop talking now."
 
Rowan considered Matthew's suggestion and nodded, "If that's what you want to do." she acquiesced, "But...I'm not afraid to have you in my bed...I mean...um...well, if we both have something on it's not all that improper...is it?" She asked.

As he seemed to be considering this they stood in the hallway between both bedrooms. She still had his hand. "Mine or yours?" Rowan asked, holding back a smile as her butterflies returned at the thought of lying in bed with Matthew's arms wrapped around her protectively.
 
Matthew smiled at her. "For now I think it would be best if you slept in your own bed. We want you to be as comfortable and feel as safe as possible. You go get ready for bed and jump in and I will go brush my teeth and get dressed in my pajamas and join you in a little bit."

He moved away from her with a little bit of reluctance and walked into his room. He took about five minutes to actually find his pajamas. As he didn't normally wear them they were right down the bottom of the bag he didn't normally go in. He shook them out and gave them a quick spray of deodorant to get rid of their musty smell. He stripped off and quickly dressed in them. Brushing his teeth he then made his way back to Rowans door and knocked on it.

"Rowan it's me, are you in bed and ready for me to come in yet.?"
 
Rowan had changed into pajamas which were a lavender colored tank top with a moon embroidered on the chest and matching blue and lavender shorts with moon's and stars on them. She still felt little of her body was left to the imagination in this but it was more appropriate than a nightie with a guest in her bedroom. She imagined her PJ's actually came off as a bit adolescent in taste but in some ways, she aknowledged some immaturity.

She was sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing moisturizing coconut oil on her legs and arms, as was her every other evening pre bedtime routine, when Matthew called her from the other side of the door. She called out that he could come in and as he did, she finished moisturizing her legs, then padded to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She came back to the bedroom and smiled shyly at the man standing across the bed from her. "I like the right side because it is the side I usually end up rolling onto when I sleep even if I start out lying on my back." Rowan professed. "Is the left OK with you, then?" She asked.
 
Last edited:
"Actually I prefer the left so that works out well," Matthew smiled at her. He got into the left side but left plenty of room for her. "Okay Rowan we can do this two ways. One is that you can go to sleep as normal and I will try to find you in the dreamscape. I have lucid dreamed for most of my life so I know how to go in and out of it very easily and should be able to lock in on you very quickly. If I can't I am pretty sure Sarah will be there to give me a hand anyway."

He blushed a little before starting his next explanation. "The second way involves us getting a little closer in bed. I will actually have to cuddle you and it is best if you put your head on my chest to hear my heartbeat. This let's me put my body in synch with yours and allows me to flow into your dreams very easily. Actually as soon as you start dreaming I should be there. Once we are together I will try to bring you to a lucid state. This will mean that you will know that you are dreaming but you will continue to dream. The difference is you will be in control. Don't like the scenery, change it. Don't like what you are wearing, change that. I will teach you how to do it and a few other tricks as well. That will probably do it for the first night, but I also want to show you how to run and hide and escape and how to wake yourself up instantly."

He smiled at Rowan. "It is your choice how we go about it though." This all looked kinda funny from a guy dressed in a light blue short sleeved pajama top and shorts.
 
Rowan considered the first option and visibly shuddered as she remembered how it had felt to be in that basement with the madman and his phantom victims...

"No!" Rowan said, shaking her head. "I don't want to risk you or Sarah taking even a second too long to find me if it can be helped...he's strong, Matthew. I'm afraid he might be stronger than me...I'm scared to go alone, even if I know you're on your way soon after...So, I can deal with your second option." she decided, shutting off the light and getting into the bed and inching herself closer to the middle, toward Matthew who looked surprised at her decision though not displeased, as he put his arm around her and pulled her gently against him.

Rowan settled her head against his chest, hearing him sigh, feeling him tense at first and then relax and as she listened to his steady heart beat and to his voice she began to relax too. Sleep wasn't far off for either of them.
 
Matthew slipped into the dreamworld with ease and he was soon once again lying in bed beside Rowan cuddling her, Only this time he knew it was a dream because he was almost naked and she was wearing very sexy underwear. Wow, considering he had slipped into Rowan's dream it was nice to know that was how she thought things ought to be. He gently nudged her an she awoke and looked around taking in their familiar surroundings. "Oh, I guess it didn't work then, we can try again tomorrow night if you want or do we still have time tonight," she asked looking for her bedside clock.
"Rowan have a good look around and at yourself, then talk to me," I told her.
Something in my voice must have tipped her off because she studied the room carefully then herself then shook her head. "No everything looks normal to me. The room looks normal and I am in my nightie as I was in bed with you conducting that dream experiment."
"Of course and you don't think it worked because you are here right?"
"Well naturally"
"Rowan you are in a Sexy nighty. Would you wear that to bed with me in the same room? Your room has a make up station in it with nearly every style of lipstick, nail polish and other beauty product known to man in it. Do you have one of those in real life? Where is your Clock? Your wardrobe?You have to learn to recognize these things. This is your place in your dream world and you are still thinking with that part of your brain. You need to wake up a little more."

Matthew watched as he saw Rowan struggle to do so but he couldn't do anything to help her with this part. She had to struggle through it on her own.

{sorry for using your character so much with the dialogue)
 
Rowan looked around in confusion. She laughed at how easy it was to change the surroundings and the clothes she wore once she was aware it was a dream and could reconcile the foggy version of things which was reality with the fabrication her mind had invented. "No, I guess you're not my husband then, either. " she said, letting the sexy nightie be replaced by her silly lavender tank and shorts. "Pity, this one had been shaping up to be a fun dream." she said as they left the bed and walked out of an open bedroom door into a field of cows.

"Cows? How strange. I've never been here before. Matthew, did you put the cows here?" She asked.
 
Matthew shook his head. "I am really just following you around in your dream Rowan. I am here to teach you how to help yourself and how to defend yourself. I am not going to be contributing anything to this dream unless I really have too. So no the cows are not mine. However if they are not mine or yours then there is something else in here with us. You should now prepare some defenses." He had already turned his body into that of superman and given it Wolverines healing ability. However he thought that might be a little to subtle for Rowan's first time. "Here Rowan try this," he told her and imagined himself in form fitting armor, a sword and a shield.
 
Rowan smiled at Matthew's costume and placed her hands on her hips as she took a moment to make herself look and feel more heroic...He caught a glimpse of her body, just briefly, as her pajamas dissolved and instead, on her lithe curves formed the classic Wonder Woman costume. Turning to grin at Matthew as he applauded her choice of outfit Rowan then wrinkled her nose at the cows and did a genie blink, changing the cow field into an empty field on a summer's evening, a beautiful full moon and clear, starry sky overhead. "I like this much better." She admitted. "Now, what should we do?" She asked her instructor on lucid dreaming.
 
Matthew smiled at her. "Ahh a closet Wonder Woman fan are we. I do approve of the attire though. Now if anything happens you have to really believe that you are Wonder Woman. That way you will have all her powers and react the way she would but you will still be in charge," he explained.

He watched as she changed the landscape and again was impressed with how quickly she was picking this up. "I sure would like to know what those cows were all about but I think we will just concentrate on your training for now." He thought about it and a slingshot appeared in his hands and he grinned at her. "Well miss Wonder Woman let's see how well you do. Remember, you are who you think you are and you can do whatever you think you can in here. You just have to believe it."

He pulled out a small rubber ball and pulling back on the slingshot he aimed straight at her belly and let fly.
 
The first shot hit her and stung painfully. "OUCH!" she exclaimed, rubbing the red mark above her navel where she'd been struck.

She waved off Matthew's hesitation, though and nodded, "I know, I know...believe...Try again." She insisted, straightening.

This time all she had to do was imagine an impenetrable invisible bubble around her and the next few shots all bounced off of the bubble of protection, falling away from her harmlessly without even touching her near flawless skin.

Grinning with growing confidence, Rowan turned to Matthew. "I think I can do this." she asserted. Just in time, too. A maniacal, chilling man's laugh taunted and ruined their amusing moment, bubbling up from below them, creating cracks in the ground they stood upon, now a quaking mass of teetering rocks.

Rowan's blue eyes grew large as she looked toward Matthew from across a growing chasm opening up between them. "Oh no! He's here! " she cried out, losing her footing and falling. She could hear Matthew was falling as well. She closed her eyes and willed herself to find his hand then gripped it tightly as she imagined flying out of the hole...
 
Matthew had immediately started to fly as the ground crumbled beneath him and moved over next to Rowan. He saw her eyes close and actually felt himself being drawn towards her until her outstretched hand found his. He smiled and then she slowed and began to fly upwards towards the top of the canyon they now found themselves in.

He did not do anything to aide her at the moment except keep himself floating beside her to make it easier for her to fly with him. He wanted to see what she was capable of before he stepped in, and also how bad this ghost actually was.

"You are doing great Rowan, but you need to open your eyes so you can react to anything else it may throw at you," he warned her.
 
"Bitch!" yelled the voice once his laughter was broken by the unexpected flight of his prey.

Suddenly, before the pair of them, appeared a shadow face which seemed to take up the entirety of the sky.

Rowan halted in mid air, now unsure if she should go up or down. The face stared menacingly down at them, "You cannot get away from me, whore. I will punish you for daring to try getting away from your Master!" he boomed down at them, his dark eyes focused obsessively on Rowan.

She trembled and took a full minute to calm herself reminding herself she should be able to take control back in her own dreams. It was scary. She had to resist the urge to retreat, taking solace in Matthew's presence. Slowly she opened her eyes to look directly into the monsters face and pure whate light emanated from her light blue irises as she softly stated, "I see you. You are nothing but a pathetic little boy who fears women. You cannot hurt me, not me, not anyone. No more! Pitiful excuse for a human, GET OUT of my dreams. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! "
 
Last edited:
Back
Top