The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Summer Lovin' Contest Support Thread

I have one that needs some tweaking, but not much.

Category though.....

Its two older women who are a couple who seduce the young(20) guy next door.

So its group sex (with bi females) but.....they are cougars so wondering if mature might fit better

Opinions?

I had a similar dilemma once myself, but after the first rewrite it turned out that one of the older women was the lucky guy's mother. I figured that if there's incest involved, it takes precedence category wise.

So I guess that's not helpful advice.

Hmmm.... well now you have me curious. Maybe I will go with mature and you can follow the numbers, see how it compares with your experience in group.

Can't place in Summer loving so may as well experiment.

I don't see any reason why the readership in Mature would balk. The age-gap kink is still there. The one thing I wonder is if Laurel would move it to Group.

The tags and description line are likely to highlight the group sex aspect, and that might cause her to move it. My own experience and conversations with others leads me to believe those elements have the most influence on what stories have the category changed.

Tossing a balance in there to highlight both the age-gap and the group aspect would probably push it toward leaving it where you selected.

Can't wait for this.

I've got two done. A mother/son story, and an Exib story.

I'm working on an Anal story for my third entry.

I started one a couple of weeks back, but as with any story I start that's more involved than a set-up and screw, finishing it is questionable.

Hell, even some of those collapse when I start picking apart the set-up. That's what happened with my original idea for Nude Day this year.

I started one a couple of weeks back, but as with any story I start that's more involved than a set-up and screw, finishing it is questionable.

Hell, even some of those collapse when I start picking apart the set-up. That's what happened with my original idea for Nude Day this year.

Don't take this the wrong way as I am just pointing something out.

It seems when I read of your story struggles that you overthink things. Just let it rip and take you where it wants to go.

Just a suggestion

Don't take this the wrong way as I am just pointing something out.

It seems when I read of your story struggles that you overthink things. Just let it rip and take you where it wants to go.

Just a suggestion

I know I do. The thing is that when I do release something, I'm happy with it.

Better than half of the stories that stall eventually see release. It may be five years later, as it was with Lowborn, but they eventually get there. Many that don't make it aren't actually dead, but rather reincarnated with characters or plotlines that work.

Better than half of the stories that stall eventually see release. It may be five years later, as it was with Lowborn, but they eventually get there. Many that don't make it aren't actually dead, but rather reincarnated with characters or plotlines that work.

I have a bit of OCD with my stories. Once I start I can't move to another. If I try it nags at me and I end up going back anyway. The only exce3ption was SWB because it was a long series so my muse showed some mercy and I wrote a couple of stand alone stories in the midst of it, but every chapter once started had to be completed.

One of the things I like about this forum is seeing how different everyone's approaches are and all their individual quirks

You've just described my process to a T.

We should start an Overthinkers Anonymous.

You've just described my process to a T.

We should start an Overthinkers Anonymous.

Procrastinators Anonymous might be more appropriate.

I'd join, when I have time to think about it. Next week, next month, after the next contest...

Procrastinators Anonymous might be more appropriate.

I'd join, when I have time to think about it. Next week, next month, after the next contest...

I'll join that one. The story I just entered in the nude day contest was started for the contest last year. Ditto the one I've nearly got done for this year's Summer loving contest. I also have three stories that I'm working on for the Halloween contest. One was started for the 2012 contest. the other two for last year. I may get one done, since only one is more than half way. One is just a sort of synopsis.

I'll join that one. The story I just entered in the nude day contest was started for the contest last year. Ditto the one I've nearly got done for this year's Summer loving contest. I also have three stories that I'm working on for the Halloween contest. One was started for the 2012 contest. the other two for last year. I may get one done, since only one is more than half way. One is just a sort of synopsis.

Life does have a way of getting in the way of writing smut. :D

Typical example. I need to get my lead back to her parents' house after a housewarming party at her sister's new place. It has to be something that necessitates going immediately, but not an emergency. It can't be anything that Dad can take care of, because I need him there when she arrives.

Okay, her car is parked in the way, and she has the keys. There's step one.

What is it in the way of? Can't be other cars. I don't wan Mom or Dad leaving the house. Even though I'm the only one who knows it, there's no reason for her car to be in the way of another anyway.

Okay, they're installing or remodeling something. What?

It needs to be something where the contractors need driveway space. Heavy machinery? A crane?

Hmm... As I was writing this post... A tree near the driveway/house that didn't survive a thunderstorm. It has to come down. Too close to the driveway for comfort.

Got it :)

That's been my morning, though *laugh* That one little sticking point has kept me from moving forward.

Must admit I don't write my stories by discussion board group think of every detail (or any details).

Group think?

I guess you missed the part where I came up with the solution without any input. Those were questions I was asking myself. Nothing more than an example of my thought process.

Regardless of how overdone, it's my creative process.

You wanna come over here and shoot some plot bunnies for me afterwards ? :)

LOL I dunno if I can get clear of them...these damned things reproduce like crazy. Now if only I had the time to get even half of these written the Survivor contest would be easy to win.

Typical example. I need to get my lead back to her parents' house after a housewarming party at her sister's new place. It has to be something that necessitates going immediately, but not an emergency. It can't be anything that Dad can take care of, because I need him there when she arrives.

Okay, her car is parked in the way, and she has the keys. There's step one.

What is it in the way of? Can't be other cars. I don't wan Mom or Dad leaving the house. Even though I'm the only one who knows it, there's no reason for her car to be in the way of another anyway.

Okay, they're installing or remodeling something. What?

It needs to be something where the contractors need driveway space. Heavy machinery? A crane?

Hmm... As I was writing this post... A tree near the driveway/house that didn't survive a thunderstorm. It has to come down. Too close to the driveway for comfort.

Got it :)

That's been my morning, though *laugh* That one little sticking point has kept me from moving forward.

I do this as well usually when I'm laying there just about to fall asleep, I look at where I want to go and sort of talk myself through it.

I have learned that I can talk myself into pretty much anything,

The point where I'm falling asleep is worthless to me for specific problems. Where it's useful is completely random tangents and story ideas that I probably never would have come up with in a fully conscious state.

It snaps me wide awake, which means I can jot down notes and not lose it, but I also lose another hour of sleep, which is a limited and precious commodity.

"Beholding Dawn" was one of those.

Back