The Knight and the Queens Niece

Eleanor blushed at Lady De Lacier's comment and smiled.

"Thank you, Lady De Lacier," she answered.

Eleanor was definitely looking to get out of the crowd, because the celebrations would continue for the next day or two.

As everyone made their way out of the noise, Eleanor stopped a castle servant and she whispered to her, "Please make sure Lord and Lady De Lacier have fresh red roses in their room. They just arrived." When she was finished she caught up to Brandon and his parents who had slowed.

"How was the trip?" Eleanor asked as they walked.
 
It was hard for Brandon not smile seen Eleanor blush at his mother comment, but then she always blushed when he compliment her. Perhaps she never had any compliment from a stranger even thou they were his parents.

He glanced at her when she stops one of the servant, could only hear something rose and room. She join them and he looks at her with a question in his eyes.

Instead of an answer she asked how their trip was. He realized what it was afterward. she asked to have some roses in his parent’s room.

Thank you darling it’s very thoughtful of you to have flowers in their room. He leaned over to kiss her on the cheek.
 
Eleanor smiled and squeezed his hand.

"It's my pleasure. I just want them to feel at home while they are here. With everything the Queen has planned, I think everyone will have a very nice time tomorrow."

"What do you think of the banquet tonight? Do you think it will go smoothly?" she asks. It was clear she was still worried about her father's new wife.

"I don't know what I'm going to wear..."
 
“It’s my pleasure. That goes without saying my love. You are the most consciousness woman I have ever had the luck to meet darling. Darling they will have the time of their life with their only son getting married to the Queens Niece no less.

Darling I can speak for your stepmother I don’t even know her really, but I hope she behave or I wouldn’t be surprised with the Queen doesn’t throw her out on her ass.

I know what you’ll be wearing tomorrow he said smiling, as for tonight I think any dress you pick will put the dress to shame. You’re the most beautiful woman I know. Maybe you can ask your future mother in-law. He told her smiling.
 
Tomorrow.

That was the day they were working towards all these weeks. Now it was almost upon them. Eleanor wondered somewhere deep down if this was really happening. It was something right out of a story. Eleanor didn't like to tempt fate. She was far too happy.
 
Brando was a little surprise that Eleanor didn’t even smile or comment on what he said, but didn’t fail to notice she was in deep thoughts. This was too sudden a change for her, and that began to worry him being the day before their wedding. He could help wondering what brought that on.
 
Eleanor slipped her arm in his and continued to walk. She smiled gently up at him.

She could see his concern in his eyes and he really had no need for it. It wasn't really surprising, because they had only known one another for a short time. It was quite normal to not know how she was feeling, though he certainly did try to compensate by reaching out to her more.

My Love, I don't know what I would do without you. Truly. And you're right, maybe what I need is another woman's opinion. The Queen has made so many things available to me, I just don't know what to pick. I want everything to be perfect at the banquet, just as I want tomorrow to be everything we could possibly want.

"I am a little tired, though," she admitted. Frankly, she had been taking a number of catnaps lately. All the stress was wearing her down.
 
Brandon had no doubts about Eleanor’s love, and he should have taken things a little slower. They still didn’t know much about each other even though they are deeply in love to one another.

I’m sorry Darling I think that everything that took place the last few weeks toot its toll on us both. I think that after tomorrow we’ll be happy to just be away from this mad place.

You needn’t worry about that my love, you’ll have ne around underfoot so much you’ll wish me out of our place.

Tomorrow the only thing you have to about, is to get ready for the wedding and show up in the Chapel in time for the wedding. You know the Queen is behind the whole thing, and she would make sure everything are done to the letter.

My mother would be the happiest woman in the world if you ask her for advice on what to wear. Don’t forget you’ll be the only daughter she’ll ever have. You and my mother should go and see what the Queen has for you, she may have something you really like. I’ll keep my father company then you can meet us in the big hall.

Have some rest first while they rest from the trip so neither will be to tire before we meet.
 
The nap was just what she needed and Eleanor had no issue with returning to their apartments for a while. Lord and Lady De Lacier needed some rest before the night activities would begin and there would still be time to make a decision on what Eleanor was going to wear.

As she lay there on her bed, her mind started to wander. It was nice to finally get out of her constricting dresses. Eleanor didn't mind them, they were all very attractive. Just sometimes, she needed the break. How long had it been now since they met? Eleanor started counting back in her mind. It took half a fortnight to get home, plus one fortnight to send out a message and the trip took the same...the full moon had come and gone already, all without her notice. Eleanor was sleepy anyways, and dismissed the thought until later.
 
Brandon went to check on his parents and he was told they were with the Queen, of course Brandon thought. The Queen knew them very well, that were most of the horse went. So he made a detour and headed to his room. He turned the door handle gently no to wake Eleanor in case she was sleeping, and enters the room.

He took his boots off and his vest and got on the bed very slowly and then closed his eyes. He smile thing of her waking up and seen a man in her bed.
 
By the time Eleanor woke up, she had already curled up against Brandon. When she woke, she was pressed tightly against him. Still sleeping, Brandon's breathing was steady and slow. She hadn't recalled him being here when she went to sleep.Therefore, she made the assumption he had come in after she had feel into sleep. Eleanor stretched slowly before sliding her hands downward, naturally resting across her abdomen. She waits until Brandon stirs, she didn't want to wake him before he was ready and they still had plenty of time before the banquet.
 
Brandon didn’t realized he needed the sleep. One minute he was awake laying down next to Eleanor and the next he was looking at the ceiling when his eyes came open. He turns his head and looks into Eleanor’s smiling face.

I’m sorry darling I didn’t mean to wake you. I just got on the bed, did you rest well? He asked with a smile. Still had no idea if the slept or how long he slept.
 
Eleanor yawned deeply before she said anything. He hadn't realized he slept, but she knew differently. Chances were he was just as tired from the last few days as she was. Surely that was the case.

It would do no good for him to be worn out, either. After all, this whole affair was for the two of them, whatever they decided to do. Eleanor spoke up,

"Perhaps we can rest a while longer. You also need to be fully rested to deal with all the festivities. The rest can wait a little longer."

Eleanor brushed her small hand over his chest before snuggling in against him one more time.
 
Brandon looks at her and it dawn on him that he slept longer than he thought.

I’m sorry darling I guess a did sleep didn’t I. I thought I would rest a while when my father was visiting with the Queen. Yes I think a little rest will do us some good, these last few days have been tiring.

He smiled after she snuggled close and he put his arm over her.
 
This time, the nap was much longer. They nearly slept over dinner. Thankfully, something had woken Eleanor and she nudged Brandon awake. Still yawning, she slowly sat up.

They would have to hurry to make the banquet on time. The sun was already on the horizon which would signal time for the servants to get moving in the dining hall.
 
Brandon realized they slept way too much once he woke. Thank you for waking me darling. I think we better hurry so we won’t be late. He quickly washed his face to wash the sleep off and changed his top to one more appropriate for the evening meal.

I’m ready if you are Eleanor he said pulling his boots back on.
 
Eleanor tried to hurry to dress, but as usual, it always took her longer than it did Brandon. It must be so nice to be a man, she thought.

Eleanor had chosen a deep blue gown. The blue always seemed to bring out the color in her eyes and though she didn't have an opportunity to consult with her future Mother-in-law, Eleanor decided to go semi-conservative at the banquet. She didn't want anyone to question her behavior or mode of dress. Nobles could be so petty.

When she finally slipped into her slippers, she glanced up at Brandon. "It's time to go," she said.

The pair made their way to the hall where the long tables had been decorated and dressed with trays of hot meats, fruits, and a multitude of vegetables and other sweets. Wine decanters littered the tables and there was a busy hum of conversation as they entered the room. This was going to be a fun evening.
 
Brandon sat and watched her as she changed dresses till she found one she liked. He cocked his head afterwards and smiled.

“It’s time to go she said.”

“My Lady.” He said smiling offering his arm. You look lovely my love as always. They made their away to the big hall as the guests began to enter the big hall. He glance around the long tables and saw the Queen had out done herself again.

He noticed the names and that his parents were sitting at the head table next to him. Brandon and
Eleanor sat in their usual chairs, with her father next to her then her stepmother.

With all that wine decanters on the tables he could see many that would be sleeping in the big hall.
 
The big dinners were always an overwhelming event. So many people, so much talking, it was hard to keep your attention on any one thing. Eleanor was glad to have family close. There was much to celebrate. Not only would they celebrate a wedding, but a new life ahead. Whatever the future would bring, they would meet it head on.

Eleanor reached for a decanter of wine. She definitely needed a glass, if not two. Partly fueled by her need to dull her nerves.

Eleanor looked around the room. She was a little more at ease now that everything had been wrapped up and she didn't fear the unknown faces at the tables. They were just friends or acquaintances of the queen.

Eleanor slipped her arm in her father's and hugged him tight. She had missed him a great deal and was very happy to see him. Even her step-mother seemed to be in high spirits and was keeping her behavior under control. Thank goodness. Eleanor didn't do well with embarrassment.
 
Brandon knew Eleanor was a little worry about her stepmother making a scene, but she was well behaved unless the Queen spoke to her. He had no way of knowing, but the whole evening turned out to be very festive and everyone left happy.

Brandon was glad the evening was coming to the end when most had left the big hall. They all needed to rest including Brandon and Eleanor as they also had a long day ahead of them tomorrow.

Well Darling. I think the evening went well better that I expected, and even your stepmother was at her best behavior.

Tomorrow is our day darling and after that we’re both going to be ready for a long time away just the two of us.
 
The day started early with a good breakfast and a bath. Servants buzzed around the castle doing everything they had to do and more. Brandon had been banished from Eleanor’s presence to give her time to get ready and to keep all the superstitions at bay. Even the brief visitation of her step-mother ended when Eleanor started to become anxious. The Queen wanted nothing to spoil the day and had assured all would go as planned. She had eyes and ears everywhere.

The time had arrived. Eleanor was still playing with the veil that rested over her hair and under the circlet of fresh flowers that adorned her head. The ladies smoothed out the long, voluminous dress as they chattered to themselves. Eleanor was in no mind to entertain their chatter, or at least to participate in it.
A knock came to the door and before she knew it, her father had entered the room. Eleanor glanced up to the tall and broad Duke of Ansen and smiled as he walked over to her.

“Absolute perfection, Eli,” he said, kissing her on the cheek. “Are you ready? They’re waiting.”

“As ready as I could ever be,” she answered.
 
Suddenly Brandon was left all alone after the bridesmaid took Eleanor out of their room the night before the wedding. H was not aware that the Groom couldn’t see the bride minutes just before the wedding in the chapel, and that meant that she wouldn’t there for breakfast either.

He woke the next morning and went to see his parents so they could have breakfast together, and then they can all get dressed for the wedding. When they arrived for breakfast he wasn’t surprise not to see Eleanor.

How is my Champion doing this morning the Queen whispers to him? You would be nervous now are you? She asked with a wicked look in her eyes. No Your Grace. I feel well this morning.
He looks around the big hall and saw it was jammed with guests. Looks like Your Grace invited the whole town. He remarked.

Maybe just a tad she said smiling, but then she is the only Niece I have and to me she’s the daughter I never had. Just remember treat her well. She said looking at him.
No worry there. Your Grace knows how much I love her.

Yes I do know my boy, it’s just that I lose the two people I love most.

Your Grace knows better than to think that. We’ll just be away for a while, but we’ll see each other again before you know it. Her eyes told him different. They talked for a long time till they were in the away of the staff that needed to get the hall ready.

May I escort your Grace to her quarters? Yes my Lord please do. He offered her his arm and she smiled.

Brandon got dressed with the require clothes of the Queens champion and all his accolades and walked towards the chapel to wait for his bride.
 
Eleanor, escorted by the Duke, walked to the chapel. She didn’t want any special fuss, no carriage, no horse. She wanted to walk on her own two feet. It didn’t take very long to approach the steps and she ascended slowly. When she finally reached the porch of the Chapel, she looked up at Brandon in all his accolades. He certainly cleaned up nicely.

Eleanor whispered, “Are you ready? You can still run if you so desire, but I promise you I will be on a horse and following you,” she said with a smile.
 
Brandon smiled when she walked up to him and whispered “Are you ready? You can still run if you so desire, but I promise you I will be on a horse and following you,” smiling.

I was born ready and never run from anything, at least not in this life time, or in the next if there is one. He said before he kissed her passionately then gave her his arm and they entered the chapel. The chapel was so packed most of them had to stand.

Actually. He whispers before he took another stet. What I really want to do is getting married, and then get back in hour room as soon as we can get away and making it official by making love all night and the next day, and after that we can get ready to leave unless you have something else in mind..
 
Last edited:
Eleanor gave Brandon a big smile. Yes, they still had to stand before the Church. It was a slow procession from the porch of the chapel to the dais within. The well wishers were many, leaving few of the pews free. There was an energy in the room that couldn’t be matched. Eleanor shared in that excitement. They had waited weeks for this event, to finally have the blessing of the Church, to start a new chapter. When they finally knelt at the dais everyone else took a seat.

The ceremony portion took some time. There were prayers to be said, and
lessons from the book. Once they were able to get past all that, the two were able to recite the vows. Brandon was very attractive all dressed up, but she could really appreciate him when he was in normal element with his leather jerkin, breeches and sword. Maybe it was because that was what she was used to with him. She was unused to him being all dressed up. Plus, it really didn’t suit him. She felt he was best left to the doing and less to the talking, so to speak. It really didn't matter - what matter was that they were here, together.
 
Back
Top