Sugar

Sugar is the Devil's cocaine. It is made for women who only desire to be a harlot.

What about strumpet? Or trollop? Or in deference to Debbie, slattern?

So may options. I think limiting it to harlot is surely a mistake.
 
One snack sized M&M's peanut = 9 grams of sugar.

There are about 8 M&M's in a package. Each freakin' candy has just over a gram of sugar. :eek:

A handful of them could almost be your whole sugar budget for the day. Evil bastards.
 
But they have nuts in.

I am craving the bad stuff so much right now. It's not usual for me.

I'll have the nuts without the candy coating. :D. I actually quite enjoy a handful of nuts with breakfast. Ironic that I'm posting on lit while eating breakfast... But who doesn't enjoy a good irony now and then.

It is very unusual for me to say no thanks to M&M's. But I am finding that sugar is not agreeing with me digestively. Even that cake I made the other day... I should have had plain or only lightly sweetened whipped cream instead of ice cream. I paid for it the next day.

Selective sugar consumption seems to be the way for me.
 
One Krispy Kreme plain cake donut. 10 grams of sugar. Same for their original glazed.

Eeeesh.

One thing I am finding is that menstrual cycle difficulties/discomforts have plummeted since I've cut sugar down. Interesting.
 
I would have made a crappy caveman. Woolly mammoth leg with no Oreos to follow it down?


Unthinkable.
 
What a crappy life. Dragging you around by your hair while searching for the elusive berry patch to get a sugar buzz?

Fuck that.

Well it was more likely that you would be among a group going hunting for the woolly mammoth while I'd be out with another group finding the berry patch to pick some berries.

I might have to take my club to you if you try to drag me around by the hair. I'm pretty firm about that.
 
Well it was more likely that you would be among a group going hunting for the woolly mammoth while I'd be out with another group finding the berry patch to pick some berries.

I might have to take my club to you if you try to drag me around by the hair. I'm pretty firm about that.

That is even worse. Who wants to hang out with stinky cavemen all day?

Not me.
 
That is even worse. Who wants to hang out with stinky cavemen all day?

Not me.

Well it could be very likely that there would be some young women in the group. C'mon, it's hunting and comradery and bonding and stuff. You guys are supposed to live for that crap. ;)
 
Well it could be very likely that there would be some young women in the group. C'mon, it's hunting and comradery and bonding and stuff. You guys are supposed to live for that crap. ;)

Yeah. Well, no. I just want to hang out and listen to tunes or watch Netflix or something. Hunting is just too much work.
 
Yeah. Well, no. I just want to hang out and listen to tunes or watch Netflix or something. Hunting is just too much work.

You'd have made a lousy caveperson. No electricity, no power outlets, no refrigeration... :eek:
 
It's inevitable that one day I'll have diabetes. There's this super sweet old lady at my work who always sets a bowl of candy at my desk. I plow through that shit in no time.
 
Wait I thought of something funnier.

I'll have diabetes in no time. There's this super sweet old lady at my work and I plow her in no time.
 
Sugar
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....

Bullshit! Sugar is good for you!!!! And I have proof! A panal of experts have put together a presentation on just how good it is for you. Check out this Youtube video and you''ll be forced to agree.

Sugar

Most of this is pop science based on "peer-reviewd" papers that started with a premise and then moved towards proving it, be it eggs, fat, salt, butter or sugar...


:shrug:

I was a bit confused after reading the above so I ran it through the Glooge interpreter programed to understand subterfuge and double speak in written English ( you have to tell it if the passage is British or 'Merican damn brits and their language nuances anyway) and came up with this:

"I'll believe what ever I want and fuck a bunch of facts!"

Interesting..........:rolleyes:


Comshaw
 
I'm a layman on the body chemistry side of things but I've been told that the body doesn't care what the source of sugar is, it simply converts all sugars and carbohydrates we consume to glucose. I'm told that glucose is the only sugar that the human body can use.

So... If that is true it doesn't matter whether it's fructose, sucrose or lactose, it is all converted to glucose once you swallow it.

I didn't read the whole thread, so someone may have corrected your thinking here.
What you say is true on a basic functional level, but there is a difference between simple carbs and complex carbs.

First, simple sugars have little nutritional value- vitamins and minerals.

Second, your body doesn't have to work as hard to break down the simple carbs. Sugar is instant energy.

As an example, you have a spoonful of sugar worth 75 kcal, and a small apple worth 75 kcal. Your body will have to spend a lot more energy (calories) to digest the apple and get the energy from it than it would have to spend on digesting the spoonful of sugar. So, in reality, the net gain of calories from the apple is less than the spoonful of sugar. (The book, Eat To Live, is a great at explaining this.)
Also, the apple provides other beneficial nutrients that your body needs, and the indigestible fibers action on your body is beneficial too.

Simple sugars are called simple because their chemistry chain is simple.
Complex sugar chains are longer, and your body has to break it down into a simple chain that it can absorb. Also, some of the complex carb chains, especially in vegetables, are so complex our human bodies can't break them down, and that fiber is good for the health of our small and large intestines. Cows (herbivores) have an extensive digestion tract, each compartment aides in the full digestion of plant matter. Cats (carnivores) have a shorter digestion tract than humans (omnivores). For cats, proteins and fats act a bit like a vegetable would in a human, since their digestion tract is so short their bodies don't break down fats and proteins as efficiently as humans.

Now, here's an interesting little piece of knowledge. On average, female large intestines are a bit longer than males. Hunter-gatherer evolution!
 
I eat probably less than 30 grams of added sugar per day now. :eek:

I find that if I eat more than about 20 grams (less than a half cup of designer ice cream) in one sitting, it is not a comfortable feeling. Considering that I used to have a bit of a sweet tooth, this is quite a change for me.
 
Back
Top