The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand behind it. Of course, if people are going to justify lying to their real spouses for the sake of their E-spouses, I'd like to throw scumbag into the mix, too.

What makes you think they are lying, I know couples, who sit and have fun on Lit, and read each others posts

No, it just goes back to the most important point of the internet. It's the internet. No one's opinion matters, not even one's own. That's something you and LI still seem to need to learn.

All right everyone. Shut down the Internet. Nothing anyone says matters on it anyway.

Then how do you justify you statement, you know nothing of the people on the other side of the computer, and yes, Dragon is right, a lot of couples get off reading each others posts.

Then how do you justify you statement, you know nothing of the people on the other side of the computer, and yes, Dragon is right, a lot of couples get off reading each others posts.

Wow. You don't even know what I said or why you have a problem with it, do you?

Let's see. Reviewing instructions for basic forum use again. "If you don't like what someone says, don't read. If that doesn't work, click Ignore User." Right then...

Let's see. Reviewing instructions for basic forum use again. "If you don't like what someone says, don't read. If that doesn't work, click Ignore User." Right then...

Apparently you can't even follow your own advice.

Too bad putting someone on Ignore doesn't make it look like they never posted....hmmm.

So basically you won't use ignore because even if you can't see the post, the fact that you're still notified said person posted means you must absolutely read that post anyway?

Well I guess that confirms the process. Say something dragon can't respond to and he'll just use a non sequitor instead.

Wow. You don't even know what I said or why you have a problem with it, do you?

And without mentioning names, if you have a partner off the computer and claim to love someone here? What's that say about how you value your partner? What's that say about your perspective and appreciation? What's that say about your maturity and understanding?

Okay. You saying that if you in a relationship, and you claim to have a partner on lit, the value of the relationship in the RW is in question. Now, I pointed out that there are couples that read each others posts and get off on it, then you decide to exclude them, but how do you know who and what the relationship these couples have in the RW.
For example, they may be married, but only staying together for the sake of children, or, family pressure.

My biggest problem is that you lump everyone under one umbrella, and call us all names, How dare you? Are you perfect, does your crap smell like baked bread that you can point fingers. I know I am not perfect, so what, I am who I am

I wonder who the next person will be to bring this back up once the thread finally gets quiet? That always amuses me the most about these things. The people who chime in after everything is over with an opinion that makes them seem holier than thou. Saying something about how pointless the argument was. Ignoring the fact that they're only making it worse by bringing it back up at all.

The last thing I thought:

"If opinions are like assholes, what does that say about full blown Schizophrenics?"

I think todays accomplishments might be limited to food shopping and photoshopping

And without mentioning names, if you have a partner off the computer and claim to love someone here? What's that say about how you value your partner? What's that say about your perspective and appreciation? What's that say about your maturity and understanding?

Okay. You saying that if you in a relationship, and you claim to have a partner on lit, the value of the relationship in the RW is in question. Now, I pointed out that there are couples that read each others posts and get off on it, then you decide to exclude them, but how do you know who and what the relationship these couples have in the RW.
For example, they may be married, but only staying together for the sake of children, or, family pressure.

My biggest problem is that you lump everyone under one umbrella, and call us all names, How dare you? Are you perfect, does your crap smell like baked bread that you can point fingers. I know I am not perfect, so what, I am who I am

Wow, this is something. So, basically, right and wrong are entirely subjective. Right? So, because those people aren't happy its TOTALLY fine if one of them is being dishonest. And further, according to you, nobody should judge anyone right?

Well, fuck that noise. Lying is bad. Cheating on your partner is bad. Hiding your online perving from your partner is dishonest. Claiming you love someone you've never met is stupid. Claiming you love someone you've never met as much or more than your actual partner is disrespectful and retarded.

I don't see how right and wrong are wholly subjective.

Honestly, the last thing I thought was... "NO, I don't and I don't want to be 'lumped in' with those that do as this is a topic that touches a nerve with me but if I say this I'm going to get a mouthful from those that do agree with him. I must be monster for having my own opinion."

You all accuse LI and Ahren of bullying but there is more than an element of mob mentality to those of you that jump on everything they say because it's not what you personally think.
They shouldn't judge, fine, neither should you.

Sticking up for friends is great, if someone attacks someone you like for no good reason then by all means, go at it. But just because someone makes a comment that, personally, they don't agree with your 'friend'...this is not an attack. It's a statement of opinion. Nothing more. Answering back on the defensive is what turns passing comments into fights like these.

And...statements like these...

...what impression do you think that gives off...? Do you not think it smacks a little of we're right, you're wrong. Oh yes, very mature given that's what you accuse LI and Ahren of doing on a regular basis. By this theory, am I to take it that my opinion doesn't matter? It might not matter to you, but it matters to me. And people who harp on about there being 'people behind the personas' should remember this.

Personally, I don't agree with Grant's sentiments. While I don't agree completely with what LI has posted, there are elements I have to agree with. Yes, online relationships can and do lead to real life commitments and friendships that last a life time. Heck, I'm attending a friend's wedding in the summer and, yep, they met online. But then they met offline. I'll say that again. They met offline.

I personally believe and will maintain that you can't love someone until you meet them, spend time with them, face the highs and lows with them in real life.
Yes I have friends here and in other online places that I care about, a lot about, who I don't like to see low, who I would try to help if I thought I could. I think lots of people do and that's awesome.

But...romantic online relationships that are just that, interactions online (and with that I include relationships that are conducted via the phone, via messenger and via email without meeting in real life) might make you feel good, being able to be lovey dovey when it suits, to have someone give you a compliment whenever you want one will probably make you feel very special, but, to me...they're not real...

And I think they are kidding themselves if they think differently. My husband and I face the good times and bad, we have arguments and disappointments to go with all the good stuff. In my eyes people that have online relationships can avoid all that.

Now I know, you're going to tell me I can't judge other people by my standards and I'm not. I haven't named names. I'm just giving my opinion.

Read it or not, agree with it or not, that's your choice but I am entitled to give it.

And now, the last thing I thought was..."Jesus I've typed a lot...breakfast is needed, and it's needed now!"

My last thought..I admire Brit most of all here.

My last thought was that I thought I had obviously wasted my time posting earlier...but then again it made me feel better to say what I did even if it was ignored and belittled by Dragon to whom I addressed a couple of questions and was hoping to get an answer from and was misunderstood, I think, by Grant given that I specified my 'issue' was people who claim to have romantic relationships online as I feel it's a poor imitation of the real thing. I have no issue with online friendships and would like to think I have a fair few around here and the marriage I mentioned was to prove my point that people have to meet for such things to be real and to work...ah well...such is the wondrous world of the interweb...

My last thought..I admire Brit most of all here.

Thanks Lady :rose:

She certainly blends many wonderful elements together perfectly.

...you smoothie... ;)

And most recent thought... Mmmm, Twix... :D

Last edited:
My last thought was that I thought I had obviously wasted my time posting earlier...but then again it made me feel better to say what I did even if it was ignored and belittled by Dragon to whom I addressed a couple of questions and was hoping to get an answer from and was misunderstood, I think, by Grant given that I specified my 'issue' was people who claim to have romantic relationships online as I feel it's a poor imitation of the real thing. I have no issue with online friendships and would like to think I have a fair few around here and the marriage I mentioned was to prove my point that people have to meet for such things to be real and to work...ah well...such is the wondrous world of the interweb...

Thanks Lady :rose:

...you smoothie... ;)

And most recent thought... Mmmm, Twix... :D

Actually, I answered your questions with one statement. It's the internet. No one's opinion, not even one's own, matters. Because it's the internet.

So how about we stop trying to create drama where there is none.

Wow, this is something. So, basically, right and wrong are entirely subjective. Right? So, because those people aren't happy its TOTALLY fine if one of them is being dishonest. And further, according to you, nobody should judge anyone right?

Well, fuck that noise. Lying is bad. Cheating on your partner is bad. Hiding your online perving from your partner is dishonest. Claiming you love someone you've never met is stupid. Claiming you love someone you've never met as much or more than your actual partner is disrespectful and retarded.

I don't see how right and wrong are wholly subjective.

You have no right to judge anyone situation, and what they doing here on lit, simple as that, and you cannot and have not justified yourself for doing so.

Yes lying is bad, but thats for them and they have their reasons, I just gave a simple example and you want to jump on it, if you have a problem with someone fine, pm them and let them know, but to generalise everyones reason for being here, get lost.

But thats not all you post was about, you also generalised everyone, however you claim to have a new girl friend, using your own analogy you are still here on lit, how does that make that relationship look, just think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back