The Queen's Consort

Margaret kissed the King and made her way to the stairs leading to her chamber with two guards trailing closely behind her. Margaret being use to having them with her didn't change the fact she hated it. At times she felt her every move had multiple shadowy silhouettes coming from her two feet.

Stopping at the top of the stairs, Margaret turned to face her followers, "Go!" she ordered in a firm voice to the guardsmen, pointing her finger at them in the way only a Queen could do to such men.

"But, my Queen........", one started to speak.

"Go, I said!" her voice more stern this time.

"Yes, my Queen." he said, lowering his head, he turned and went back down the stairs with the other guard.

Margaret breathed deeply as she took her steps towards her wing of the castle. The golden glow filled the walls with warmth as they cast over the stone. Her thoughts maddened by the guard's unruliness to her order. She should have him whipped she thought to herself for challenging her. Turning the corner to her hall, Margaret ran straight into Marhus.

"I'm sorry, so very sorry, my Queen." Marhaus said, his eyes locked on her.

"No, it was I who is at fault." Margaret said softly, her eyes gazing back at him, "Walk with me to my room, would you? I didn't get a change to finish what I wanted to say to you earlier."

Marhaus took the Queen's arm as she lifted it to him, "I so enjoyed our time tonight. Such a lovely dancer you are. And what a story teller. I haven't seen the King laugh like that in years from such a witty story. You certainly are a charmer, my Lord Marhuas." Margaret seemed to coo as she spoke to him.

"As, I was trying to say when I was pulled away from you, "I want you.............." Marhaus could feel his heart beat faster.............. "to go with me riding tomorrow." Margaret said as she caressed his hand.....................................................
 
That simply demand gave him far too much he could dream about. Far too much. After all, wasn't him merely her guardian and warden? Well, at least he could be sure he had more than enough a reason to remain close to the Queen at all times. His legs trembled slightly as his heart pumped loud within his chest. Could she heart it from her place?

"My... My Queen... I'd love to... but there's uprest in the Province. And I... suspect foul play towards your person and Prince Edmond. I must tell you that there had been suspicious sightings in the town...", he tired to fetch an excuse. If he was left alone and undisturbed with Queen Margaret, Marhaus ignored the kind of foolish outburst he could have. She had scared him a lot during the Dance, and now even more. It could be nothing. She could just wish his company, but still Lord Marhaus did not ignored the implications.

What if... What if she did wanted anything else? Something more? It would be the perfect time to approach him with any proposition that she migth have brewed into her royal mind. Should he fall for it?

"But if my Queen wishes...", he finally offered under her penetrating gaze, her eyes had been boring so deep into his very soul, unveiling his every desire and wantom that he could not block it with a lie she would identify so promptly. No. He had to give in.

But just how much before Marhaus cursed himself for being the Queen's servant? To safekeep whom he desired the most? No, he told himself, shaking such foolishness from his mind. It was impossible. Margaret was the Queen. And the King would curse them both if anything ever happened between the two of them. No. It was a dream, and nothing more.
 
With Marhaus' warning now at hand, Margaret didn't rethink the morning ride, "We shall ride close to the castle, then." her words spoken softly.

Margaret thanked Marhaus for escorting her to her quarters. Holding her hand, he kissed her once more. Margaret smiled closing the door behind her. Sitting by the fire, the youngest maiden of the Queen, Augusta, rose and greeted her Queen. Following a few steps behind, Augusta practiced her graceful walk. Reaching the large mirror, Margaret smiled as she caught Augusta acting out the role of Queen in her steps. Such a joy Augusta's youth was to have close, Margaret thought as Augusta undressed her layer after layer of clothing.

Margaret now only in a thin cotton and lace gown, sat as her maiden worked her hair free from the pins and curls. Her soft milky skin now cooled by the night air, Margaret climber into her massive bed dismissing Augusta. Her thoughts on the day's event and tomorrow's upcoming she drifted off to sleep.

The morning came swiftly with Sophia yanking the draperies open, "Good Morning, My Queen." she said in her most cheerful voice.

"Good Morning, Sophia. Will you please get my blue gown, I'm going riding this morning with Lord Marhaus." Margaret asked more than ordered as she sat up in bed.

Sophia brought Margaret's breakfast tray to her and walked to retrieve the gown. Laying the gown across the corner chair, she readied the Queen's things for her ride. After Margaret finished eating she quickly was dressed. Sophia in tow followed Margaret to the court yard. Waiting there was Lord Marhaus.

Margaret smiled at the handsome Marhaus as she stroked the velvety nose of her white Andalusian,"Good Morning, My Lord. Such a beautiful day for a ride, isn't it?" her voice soft as her hand now patted over the horse's neck.

Marhaus couldn't take his eyes off the Queen's beauty. The icy blue silk gown flowed gently in the breeze. It's plunging neck line shown a hint of white lace atop Margaret's breasts. It's sliver threads and beading sparkled as the morning rays danced over them. And Margaret's long auburn hair pulled back in the same icy silk, teased as it fell over her shoulder when she leaned to kiss her horse.

"Are we ready?" Margaret asked as she seated her magnificent beast......................................................................
 
Last edited:
Marhaus had met the jolly-looking Queen with a smile. It wasa kind, eager smile, that welcomed her as he was fully prepared to accompany the woman in a ride - the sword on his scabbard as he had taken his finery, wearing the shoulders, gauntlets and greaves of steel while his robes covered the chainmail he wore under. A rather plain hat with a single plume adorned his head. Even if she had not asked his company to ride outside, he would go. That was his duty before the King, and although it was tiresome to dress the armour, it was very much needed.

"My Queen, good morning! It is a pleasure to see Your Majesty so happy.", he told her truthfully. Her dress was much different than the one she was wearing last night as the Dance roared the Dining Hall. It was soothing rather than the arousing red, making anyone looking towards her feel rather cool and level-headed. Her natural beauty had the dress falling perfectly over her luscious form, every curve noticeable albeit very well concealed.

A number of armed horsemen accompanied them already. Ten warriors, dressed into armour and armed with spears and swords, shields and daggers stood ready to accompany them. The Queen should not leave alone on her rides, it was awfully dangerous to travel the city's countryside alone. Brigands and other cutthroats roamed the woodland, after all, but the Royal Reserve of Woods, a mighty green forest, was always tended and well-patrolled by warriors paid by the King, poachers and men meant to prevent illegal game hunting and banditry.

"My Queen, anyone else will be joining us? Won't you be taking any of your handmaidens?", Lord Marhaus asked, finding it really... curious that they where leaving rather... quickly and alone. Perhaps... perhaps the Queen had really meant it, the words she told him last night?
 
" Sophia will join us later, along with a few others. For now, it will be just you and I, Lord Marhaus." Margaret said with a smile.

As they left the courtyard, Marhaus sent most of the men in front of them to scout. Leaving only three to bring up the rear. The ride was slow and full of small talk as they weaved over the hillside. The day was a beautiful one, warm with a light breeze, full of sun but passing clouds to break it's rays. As they made their way to the bottom of the hill, the faint sound of rushing water could be heard.

"Is that a river I hear, My Queen?" Marhaus asked.

"Ah, only a small one, but a lovely one none the less." the Queen laughed, "Perhaps we should let the horses drink?"

Marhaus thought how strange of a thing to say seeing they hadn't even gotten the horses into a trot, much less a run. But before he could figure it out, Margaret bolted full speed towards the forest' edge.

Swatting his steed, Marhaus raced to catch Margaret. As suddenly as it started Margaret stopped her horse, jumping off before he had settled his hooves. Her lace covered breast rose and fell with each laugh, her eyes sparkled full of playful enjoyment as she watched Marhaus reach her.

Marhaus, red faced, not thinking it was as funny as the Queen, "My Queen, you mustn't do that!" he scolded.

Margaret letting her horse's reins drop to the ground, walked over to Marhaus, softly caressing his face, "I'm sorry, My Lord." she said like a naughty child, "Forgive me?" she asked gently kissing his cheek............................................................
 
Last edited:
The gentle kiss upon his cheek almost had the young man melting under Queen Margaret's crimson lips. She was always smiling, always filled with a joy that seeped through her every pore and into every little bystander that had the grace to remain while she came to them - it was as if the Queen, an old woman as she was - suddenly turned out to be young girl once more, a Princess that recklessly acted on her own judgement despite everything.

"I... cannot deny you anything, my Queen." Young Morholt uttered as he blushed a little, that kiss had been most unexpected! And impropriate, perhaps, considering that Margaret was all too well aware of the risk shared between them. "I forgive you. But please, don't run off like that again!", he pleaded, his heart pumping wildly within his chest. Damn, if she wanted she would kill him out of concern.

"There might be bandits or even worse criminals roaming the wood, Queen Margaret.", he told her as he took the hand she had reached over to caress at his face, holding it and pulling it so she would repeat the caress. He had so loved her scent, the easy touch that had laid her lovely hand upon his features. She was so soft, and exhuded a strong scent. A delicious one.
 
Back
Top