The Optimistic GOP Story Everyone Is Missing

4est_4est_Gump

Run Forrest! RUN!
Obama’s head will spin from the new conservative agenda.
Larry Kudlow, NRO
OCTOBER 24, 2014

The vast majority of political journalists — and I include some of my conservative colleagues — are missing a very big story.

The Republicans are going to recapture the Senate, picking up more seats than most any forecaster expects. And the House GOP is going to add to its majority. But then comes the big story: The beginning of a new conservative revolution.

The idea that nothing much will change if the GOP captures the whole Congress is just plain wrong. The politics and policies in Washington are about to change in a major way.

Obama may still be president. But he is going to be immediately confronted with a flood of new bills that will change the debate on tax reform, energy, health care, education, international trade, and regulations.

Obama will no longer be able to hide behind Harry Reid, who has stopped all voting on these matters. And Mitch McConnell, as Senate majority leader, will be able to move forward the reform ideas of his caucus and House policy leaders like Paul Ryan, Jeb Hensarling, Kevin Brady, and many others.

Obama’s head will spin with all the new paperwork on his desk. He may even have to cut back on his golf game.

Of course, because of his left-wing ideology, Obama may veto everything. But if he does, he’s setting up a new Republican agenda for the 2016 presidential race. Either Hillary Clinton completely jumps the Obama ship, or she’s pulled way left by the Democratic party’s Bill de Blasio/Elizabeth Warren/Sandinista wing. Either way she’s in trouble.

And maybe some Senate Democrats vote to override Obama’s vetoes, with some even converting to Republicanism. An Angus King or a Joe Manchin may cross the aisle after the likely midterm GOP landslide.

24 Oct 2014

Appearing at a Boston rally for Democrat gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley on Friday, Hillary Clinton told the crowd gathered at the Park Plaza Hotel not to listen to anybody who says that “businesses create jobs.”

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

“You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”

“You know, one of the things my husband says when people say ‘Well, what did you bring to Washington,’ he said, ‘Well, I brought arithmetic,’” Clinton said, which elicited loud laughs from the crowd.

“The ineptitude of the White House political operation has sunk from annoying to embarrassing,” one senior Senate Democratic aide told Josh Kraushaar in a recent National Journal article, in wake of more seemingly unhelpful comments from the president about the midterms and the handling of Senate campaign appearances for Iowa Democrat Bruce Braley.

If you take a step back, it’s remarkable how far the Democratic Party has (and has not) come in the past six years.

When Obama became the Democratic presidential nominee in late August 2008, his party held 236 seats in the House, 51 seats in the Senate, and 28 governorships. In the 2008 elections, Obama won the White House, and Democrats grew to 257 House seats, 59 Senate seats (including independents) and 29 governorships.

After these midterm elections, Democrats could hold roughly 195 House seats, 48 Senate seats and no more than half of the governorships.
http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/roth...emocratic-party-better-than-he-found-it/?dcz=

If you think Reid utters insane non-sense now.........just wait.

Ishmael

Mitt Romney didn't pay his taxes!

:D

I heard it from a close friend who has a cousin who dated a bee-keeper...

I am going to vote conservative republican just to teach America a fucking lesson.

Uh-Oh!

;)

RCP is showing the Democrats gaining steam!

Harry may be able to survive and keep the gridlock alive!

24 Oct 2014

Appearing at a Boston rally for Democrat gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley on Friday, Hillary Clinton told the crowd gathered at the Park Plaza Hotel not to listen to anybody who says that “businesses create jobs.”

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

“You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”

“You know, one of the things my husband says when people say ‘Well, what did you bring to Washington,’ he said, ‘Well, I brought arithmetic,’” Clinton said, which elicited loud laughs from the crowd.

Stupid speeches like that are precisely what will get her elected. The culture war is over and liberalism won. At this point the presidency is hers to lose. If Obama can win twice, The Hildabeast is a shoo-in.

I am going to vote conservative republican just to teach America a fucking lesson.

You joke, but that's what 2016 will be. An anti Democratic election for spite. Just like 2008 was anti Republican.

All the people fed up with Obama will take it out on the next candidate as they did to McCain after Bush.

What I never understood is these people's anger when....both fools were elected and re-elected. Is part of that rage self loathing?

24 Oct 2014

It'd be interesting to hear more than just the clip with her saying that.. you guys take a lot out of context.

However.. she's full of shit about her first thought and totally right about the second.

Democratic politicians say stupid shit too... just not nearly as often.

You joke, but that's what 2016 will be. An anti Democratic election for spite. Just like 2008 was anti Republican.

All the people fed up with Obama will take it out on the next candidate as they did to McCain after Bush.

What I never understood is these people's anger when....both fools were elected and re-elected. Is part of that rage self loathing?

Balance. You fuck me for a decade and then the other guy can fuck me for a decade. Repeat.

Obama’s head will spin from the new conservative agenda.
Larry Kudlow, NRO
OCTOBER 24, 2014

I see no mention of the filibuster. Unless the Republicans somehow manage to do away with it altogether, which seems highly unlikely, Kudlow's optimism is misplaced, the way I see it.

Stupid speeches like that are precisely what will get her elected. The culture war is over and liberalism won. At this point the presidency is hers to lose. If Obama can win twice, The Hildabeast is a shoo-in.

And yet, those who truly believe that are all scratching their heads wondering where all the good jobs went. I guess government had better go on a hiring binge. They can pay really good wages and then tax those wages to go into more job creation!

;)

What's not to love about a plan like that?

I see no mention of the filibuster. Unless the Republicans somehow manage to do away with it altogether, which seems highly unlikely, Kudlow's optimism is misplaced, the way I see it.

Filibustering is good for the Republicans because then the Democrats put themselves firmly behind the charge, "The Party of NO!"

No compromise. No answers. No plan other than pure obstruction of the will of the American People! Elections have consequences...

;) ;)

And yet, those who truly believe that are all scratching their heads wondering where all the good jobs went. I guess government had better go on a hiring binge. They can pay really good wages and then tax those wages to go into more job creation!

;)

What's not to love about a plan like that?

Finally....someone who gets it!

In another generation everyone will be a federal employee, like in old Soviet Union, and the US will produce nothing except more government! We'll be a nation of vodka - swilling bureaucrats!

First of all the effect of a filibuster will put the democrats in the position of being the obstructionists.

But more importantly Reid has refused to allow a great deal of legislation to come up for a vote. The reason is that there are many proposed acts of legislation that members of his own party would join the republicans in passing. (The Keystone Pipeline is one such bill.) By not allowing the legislation to come to the floor he avoids having to face the embarrassment of having members of his party jumping ship.

And there are many areas of legislation where democrats are likely to join the republicans if those bills ever came to the floor. The democrats are NOT monolithic and those senators will have to go home and explain to their constituents why they voted one way or another. By not allowing any bill to proceed all of that untidy mess of electoral politics is neatly avoided.

Ishmael

In another generation everyone will be a federal employee, like in old Soviet Union, and the US will produce nothing except more government! We'll be a nation of vodka - swilling bureaucrats!

I still say the go-to example was the People's Paradise of the DDR which had free education, full employment, low-cost, if not free, arts and entertainment and an inability to keep commodities on the shelves.

;) ;)

"We know that the number of government jobs has been increasing steadily, and that the number of applicants is increasing still more rapidly than the number of jobs. … Is this scourge about to come to an end? How can we believe it, when we see that public opinion itself wants to have everything done by that fictitious being, the state, which signifies a collection of salaried bureaucrats? … Very soon there will be two or three of these bureaucrats around every Frenchman, one to prevent him from working too much, another to give him an education, a third to furnish him credit, a fourth to interfere with his business transactions, etc., etc. Where will we be led by the illusion that impels us to believe that the state is a person who has an inexhaustible fortune independent of ours?
Frédéric Bastiat

Filibustering is good for the Republicans because then the Democrats put themselves firmly behind the charge, "The Party of NO!"

No compromise. No answers. No plan other than pure obstruction of the will of the American People! Elections have consequences...

;) ;)

I think the people complaining about Republican obstructionism now will be applauding Democratic obstructionism next year.

Back