Darren Wilson testifies in front of grand jury

Chief, you shouldn't feel so threatened. Toubab is a fellow #SlimeBrother of yours. He's a #NotRepublican like you, and shares your intense fear and loathing of the #ScaryBlackMan.

:nods:

Don't be a dumbass. I was responding to your comment about what I will do.

I'll be a dumbass if I damned well feel like it.

;)

It's no more dumbass that breathlessly reporting on the comments at the Huff'nPuff when everyone here could have probably written them with a fair degree of accuracy in advance.

I'll be a dumbass if I damned well feel like it.

;)

It's no more dumbass that breathlessly reporting on the comments at the Huff'nPuff when everyone here could have probably written them with a fair degree of accuracy in advance.

Again, you can dismiss those comments all you want, but they matter. A lot.

Again, you can dismiss those comments all you want, but they matter. A lot.

Why? Althought the readers of the HUFF-Po would be gleeful of a riot, the people apt to riot do not read huff-po.

Why? Althought the readers of the HUFF-Po would be gleeful of a riot, the people apt to riot do not read huff-po.

Most of them probably won't riot, but they will damn sure contribute to starting one, and fanning the flames as well. Some of you don't seem to understand how seriously millions of people are taking this killing.

How does public opinion matter? Are you serious?

As soon as they heard "The Story" they had the cop convicted.

If he would have refused to testify, it would have been proof that he was guilty.

If he testifies, it is proof that he is guilty and that he has to lie to the Grand Jury to avoid conviction.

If the Grand Jury indicts, it will be proof that he is guilty and the verdict will become more firmly entrenched putting even more pressure on the jury pool. Then this all gets repeated on a daily basis. If he is found innocent, see the next paragraph.

If they fail to indict, it will be clear proof of racism and police brutality and, as Lance so colorfully put it, proof of Negro Hunting Season on Missouri. There will be riots and outrage and then Holder will swoop in to convict him.

We already knew all of that.

:eek:

As soon as they heard "The Story" they had the cop convicted.

If he would have refused to testify, it would have been proof that he was guilty.

If he testifies, it is proof that he is guilty and that he has to lie to the Grand Jury to avoid conviction.

If the Grand Jury indicts, it will be proof that he is guilty and the verdict will become more firmly entrenched putting even more pressure on the jury pool. Then this all gets repeated on a daily basis. If he is found innocent, see the next paragraph.

If they fail to indict, it will be clear proof of racism and police brutality and, as Lance so colorfully put it, proof of Negro Hunting Season on Missouri. There will be riots and outrage and then Holder will swoop in to convict him.

We already knew all of that.

:eek:

No sense in ignoring events as they progress.

Most of them probably won't riot, but they will damn sure contribute to starting one, and fanning the flames as well. Some of you don't seem to understand how seriously millions of people are taking this killing.

The same veiled threats were made by the usual suspects about a Zimmerman acquittal. In this case it wasn't a wanna-be cop that (alleges) he was attacked, it is an actual cop.

They already looted everything worth looting, and the restocked places have better plans and security now.

This isn't going to be Watts or Detroit.

The same veiled threats were made by the usual suspects about a Zimmerman acquittal. In this case it wasn't a wanna-be cop that (alleges) he was attacked, it is an actual cop.

They already looted everything worth looting, and the restocked places have better plans and security now.

This isn't going to be Watts or Detroit.

What do you think will happen if the Grand Jury returns a no bill?

You're conflating liberal opinion and public opinion.

Those who frequent the Huff'nPuff had the same damned opinion on Day 1 as they will have on Day n when Holder finally kangaroos him into a cell.

Should I go over to Town Hall and see if I can get me a heapin' helpin' of Public Opinion?

Hell, is it even going to be a story over there?

Probably not; no Social Justice Warriors...

They're probably talking about arming and training moderate Jihaddi and Australian ISIS's head-cutting plot. Maybe even the spate of black domestic abuse cases in the NFL and the culture of violence and war on women.

It won't...but hypothetically, the usual loudmouths will descend on the city and attempt to incite a riot. the citizens will stay home and wait to see if anyone else riots.

If the Grand Jury returns a no-bill, I predict the following:
  • The Earth will still revolve
  • The Sun will come up each day
  • Toubab will create at least 5 separate threads to express his glee
  • There will be a lull on the General Board until the next time a #ScaryBlackMan is shot, then the cycle will begin anew

You're conflating liberal opinion and public opinion.

Those who frequent the Huff'nPuff had the same damned opinion on Day 1 as they will have on Day n when Holder finally kangaroos him into a cell.

Should I go over to Town Hall and see if I can get me a heapin' helpin' of Public Opinion?

Hell, is it even going to be a story over there?

Probably not; no Social Justice Warriors...

They're probably talking about arming and training moderate Jihaddi and Australian ISIS's head-cutting plot. Maybe even the spate of black domestic abuse cases in the NFL and the culture of violence and war on women.

Liberal opinion is public opinion. And Huffington Post is way bigger than Town Hall. As I said, you can ignore the story all you want. I'm paying attention to it.

It won't...but hypothetically, the usual loudmouths will descend on the city and attempt to incite a riot. the citizens will stay home and wait to see if anyone else riots.

We shall see. As I've said, I think there's a better than even chance of a no bill. And problems if that's the case.

Back