Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
American Idiot - Green Day
America - Simon and Garfunkel
Freedom - Richie Havens
Freedom - Paul McCartney
American Pie - Don McLean
American Woman - The Guess Who

next up, songs with a musical instrument in the title

You missed Paul Simon's "An American Tune." I played it on after we saw the towers fall, and my wife cried for an hour. We play it every year now, when we put the Stars and Stripes out in front of our house in our Canadian suburb every September 11th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE3kKUEY5WU

Banana Banjo - Steve Martin
Bass Tribute - Victor Wooten
Different Drum - Linda Ronstadt
Fiddle and the Drum - A Perfect Circle
Flute Loop - Beastie Boys
Organ Grinder - Marilyn Manson
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Seventy-Six Trombones - Music Man Soundtrack
Squeeze Box - The Who
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles

Okay in honour of Tio and Di how about ten songs by Canadian rockers!

Okay in honour of Tio and Di how about ten songs by Canadian rockers!

Alanis Morsette- Jagged Little Pill
Avril Lavigne- Girlfriend
Brian Adams- Everything I Do (I do it For You)
Barenaked Ladies- If I had a Million Dollars
Celine Dion- My Heart will Go On
Corey Heart- gotta love "Sunglasses at Night" lol
Crash Test Dummies- MMM MMM MMM MMM
Finger 11- One Thing
Nellie Furtado- I'm Like a Bird
Nickelback- How You Remind Me

okay, now songs about California.

California - Joni Mitchell
California - Manfred Mann
California Dreaming - The Mamas & the Papas
California Girls - The Beach Boys
California, Here We Come - Al Jolson
California Waiting - Kings of Leon
Going to California - Led Zeppelin
Hotel California - The Eagles
It Never Rains in Southern California - Albert Hammond
Tape from California - Phil Ochs

Ok, now, in keeping with a favourite Literotica theme, can we find 10 songs about oral sex...I'd start with Madonna's "Like a Prayer"...

Ok, now, in keeping with a favourite Literotica theme, can we find 10 songs about oral sex...I'd start with Madonna's "Like a Prayer"...

Actually, according to a couple different sites, Like A Prayer isn't about oral sex, but I'll start with that one anyway....

Like A Prayer - Madonna
Candy Shop - 50 Cent
Just Like Honey - The Jesus and Mary Chain
Kissing Willie - Jethro Tull
Lollipop - Lil Wayne
Falling In Love (Is Hard on the Knees) - Aerosmith
Custard Pie - Led Zeppelin
Cotton Candy - Insane Clown Posse
Kiss That Frog - Peter Gabriel
Head - Prince

With the searching I did, these came up as songs about or referring to oral sex.

Next up: TV Theme Songs from the 70s and 80s. 20 songs. Alphabetical if you want, but not necessary. Have fun.

Actually, according to a couple different sites, Like A Prayer isn't about oral sex, but I'll start with that one anyway....

Like A Prayer - Madonna
Candy Shop - 50 Cent
Just Like Honey - The Jesus and Mary Chain
Kissing Willie - Jethro Tull
Lollipop - Lil Wayne
Falling In Love (Is Hard on the Knees) - Aerosmith
Custard Pie - Led Zeppelin
Cotton Candy - Insane Clown Posse
Kiss That Frog - Peter Gabriel
Head - Prince

With the searching I did, these came up as songs about or referring to oral sex.

Next up: TV Theme Songs from the 70s and 80s. 20 songs. Alphabetical if you want, but not necessary. Have fun.

Not about oral sex? yes, and wikipedia in the authoritative source for all knowledge...

"I'm down on my knees in the midnight hour
I want to feel his power
I want to take him there,
like a little prayer"

Yep, nothing at all about oral sex. Literalists never can understand metaphor, allegory, or allusion; for them it must be explicit or at least a clear simile before they can see anything.

and thanks for finding the others, michchic

Not about oral sex? yes, and wikipedia in the authoritative source for all knowledge...

"I'm down on my knees in the midnight hour
I want to feel his power
I want to take him there,
like a little prayer"

Yep, nothing at all about oral sex. Literalists never can understand metaphor, allegory, or allusion; for them it must be explicit or at least a clear simile before they can see anything.

and thanks for finding the others, michchic

Well, I don't look only to wikipedia for my knowledge.

In any case, I included it because anyone who's followed Madonna's career over the years knows she thrives on controversy and while she may say the song wasn't about oral sex, doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, on this thread, there really are no right or wrong answers. It's here for fun and maybe to expand our music "vocabulary" a bit. :)

Now, onto our next challenge: 20 TV theme songs from the 70s and 80s. Alphabetical or not, doesn't matter. Have fun. :)

In any case, I included it because anyone who's followed Madonna's career over the years knows she thrives on controversy and while she may say the song wasn't about oral sex, doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, on this thread, there really are no right or wrong answers. It's here for fun and maybe to expand our music "vocabulary" a bit. :)

Now, onto our next challenge: 20 TV theme songs from the 70s and 80s. Alphabetical or not, doesn't matter. Have fun. :)

I'll take this one :D

The Rockford Files -- Mike Post
Theme From Magnum P.I. -- Mike Post
Thank You For Being A Friend -- Andrew Gold (The Golden Girls)
Three's Company -- Alan Thicke and Julie Rinker
The Tra La La Song -- The Banana Splits
Those Were The Days -- Carroll O'Conner and Jean Stapleton (All in the Family)
Love American Style -- The Cowsills
Welcome Back -- John Sebastian (Welcome Back Kotter)
Movin' On Up -- Ja'net Dubois & Oren Waters (The Jeffersons)
Good Times -- Jim Gilstrap & Blinky Williams
Theme From S.W.A.T. -- Rhythm Heritage
Happy Days -- Pratt & McLain
Love is All Around -- Sonny Curtis (Mary Tyler Moore Show)
My Life -- Billy Joel (Bosom Buddies)
Believe It or Not -- Joey Scarbury (The Greatest American Hero)
Miami Vice -- Jan Hammer
Where Everybody Knows Your Name -- Gary Portnoy (Cheers)
Hill Street Blues -- Mike Post
Angela's Theme -- Bob James (Taxi)
The A-Team -- Mike Post and Pete Carpenter

Next, let's try your 10 favorite James Bond Theme songs, alphabetical by artist ;)

It wasn't meant personally, michchick, and wikipedia was just a metonym for internet sources. We do want to be at least reasonably right, otherwise you wouldn't even have suggested that "Like a Prayer" wasn't about oral sex and offered to include it any way. I only responded to show how the lyrics did allude to fellatio...

And, yes, we are here to have fun, and thats what most of these songs are.

Now, back to the show...

Next, let's try your 10 favorite James Bond Theme songs, alphabetical by artist ;)

Okay, I messed that up. I wanted to quote, but I hit edit instead and erased my post. Reposting, give me a minute.

James Bond Theme Songs, alphabetically:

The Living Daylights - A-ha
Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon
A View To A Kill - Duran Duran
License To Kill - Gladys Knight
James Bond Theme (007 Theme) - John Barry Orchestra
Die Another Day - Madonna
Live and Let Die - Paul McCartney
For Your Eyes Only - Sheena Easton
Tomorrow Never Dies - Sheryl Crow
Golden Eye - Tina Turner

Alphabetical by artist's first name.

Next up, Tell a story with song titles. At least 10, if you can do more, that's great.

Last edited:

Next up, Tell a story with song titles. At least 10, if you can do more, that's great.

You can add words in between to make the story make sense.

Example:

I Hate Myself For Lovin' You
(and)
Love Stinks
(but)
I Love The Way You Love Me

Doesn't have to have the theme like mine did (love) Just an example :)

You can add words in between to make the story make sense.

Example:

I Hate Myself For Lovin' You
(and)
Love Stinks
(but)
I Love The Way You Love Me

Doesn't have to have the theme like mine did (love) Just an example :)

It's a great idea, michchick, and I'm working on it; I don't want to claim it, though, since others may like it too.

It's a great idea, michchick, and I'm working on it; I don't want to claim it, though, since others may like it too.

Claim away, Tio. Looks like no one else wants it. We can always make it a double challenge. You can start the story and someone else can continue and/or finish it.

This idea of a story through song titles is just too cool. So I'm in as well - keep going Tio as I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'll try to post something tomorrow on this.

Here's a quick one...

Follow Me,” the lady behind the front desk told him. When she started to move and he didn’t immediately fall in line behind her, she responded, “Walk This Way… come on, Tik Tok, mister.”

The man proceeded around the counter. “I hope this item is not gonna Break My Bank,” he said, seeking affirmation that this was not going to happen.

I Like It, it's very good quality. Since you ordered it customized, it is One in a Million, you know,” she stated. The man didn’t look appeased when she failed to assure him that it was reasonably priced for such a unique item. She added, “I promise you do not need to be a Billionaire when you head on over to the cashier.”

After giving it the full appraisal, he spoke to her. “It is Beautiful, but this is a One Time deal here. I won’t be needing any further services.”

The woman hoped he would be back again and said under her breath, “Never Say Never." She handed him the delicate item and pointed him in the right direction to finish his purchase.

He paid the cashier and hurried out with a wrapped package tucked inside a nondescript bag.

1 Uncle Kracker
2 Aerosmith with Run DMC
3 Ke$ha
4 New Boyz
5 Enrique Iglesias
6 Ne_Yo
7 Travie McCoy
8 Eminem
9 Justin Bieber
10 Justin Bieber

Here's a quick one...

Follow Me,” the lady behind the front desk told him. When she started to move and he didn’t immediately fall in line behind her, she responded, “Walk This Way… come on, Tik Tok, mister.”

The man proceeded around the counter. “I hope this item is not gonna Break My Bank,” he said, seeking affirmation that this was not going to happen.

I Like It, it's very good quality. Since you ordered it customized, it is One in a Million, you know,” she stated. The man didn’t look appeased when she failed to assure him that it was reasonably priced for such a unique item. She added, “I promise you do not need to be a Billionaire when you head on over to the cashier.”

After giving it the full appraisal, he spoke to her. “It is Beautiful, but this is a One Time deal here. I won’t be needing any further services.”

The woman hoped he would be back again and said under her breath, “Never Say Never." She handed him the delicate item and pointed him in the right direction to finish his purchase.

He paid the cashier and hurried out with a wrapped package tucked inside a nondescript bag.

1 Uncle Kracker
2 Aerosmith with Run DMC
3 Ke$ha
4 New Boyz
5 Enrique Iglesias
6 Ne_Yo
7 Travie McCoy
8 Eminem
9 Justin Bieber
10 Justin Bieber

Wow! Fantastic, Kim! :)

Back