The Official Author's Hangout 2015 April Fool's Day Contest Support Thread

I've jumped the gun and submitted two stories today.

I wanted them out of the way because potentionally I have two more, and jeanne_d_artois might have one or two, too...

I've jumped the gun and submitted two stories today.

I wanted them out of the way because potentionally I have two more, and jeanne_d_artois might have one or two, too...

Ogg, I've enjoyed your poetry here enough I'm trying my hand at a poem entry this time. Had the idea for a silly, short Fool's story and now it's coming out as doggerel. 2000+ words worth of rhyming couplets poured forth today.

Audio question

Is there any rule written or not that an Audio entry must be in the voice of the author? Meaning, if I wrote the poem but had someone I know who is not a writer but has a smooth baritone voice read it, would it be proper to submit it under my name or would he need to create an account (not confident he'd want to do that).
Unfortunately, there aren't any orgasm sounds in the poem. ;)

I may not talk him into it anyhow, but thought it best to ask here first.

If he does register I'll strongly suggest a name starting with "Tex."

Ogg, I've enjoyed your poetry here enough I'm trying my hand at a poem entry this time. Had the idea for a silly, short Fool's story and now it's coming out as doggerel. 2000+ words worth of rhyming couplets poured forth today.

Doggerel IS poetry - people's poetry; accessible poetry.

But remember to be a contest entry, it has to be submitted as a story in verse, not a poem...

Doggerel IS poetry - people's poetry; accessible poetry.

But remember to be a contest entry, it has to be submitted as a story in verse, not a poem...

Agreed entirely that doggerel is poetry - would anyone dare to to declare that Ogden Nash was not a poet?

By 'submitted as story in verse, not a poem' do you mean that the submission tell a story (which it does), or that it it must be submitted in a Story category rather than a Poetry category?

I appreciate the feedback as I wasn't aware of the distinction.

If it needs to be a story category, I'd have to go with Humor, I think.

Yes, it needs to be submitted to a story category in order to be entered in the contest. The poetry categories are excluded from themed contests.

Yes, it needs to be submitted to a story category in order to be entered in the contest. The poetry categories are excluded from themed contests.

Thanks. I was not aware of the distinction. The rules state 'story' repeatedly but I didn't see anything excluding certain categories. I was reading a 'story' as a synonym for 'tale.'

As Laurel announced she wouldn't start anything on the weekend I'm going to put my first one in tonight.

This one is incest and has an ending that depending on how serious the reader takes the story can be considered cruel. But the story itself delivers everything else they look for so it will be interesting to see how many fawn over the hot spots and how many trash the ending.

I put my story in.

It took me 6 days to write & edit the whole thing, which is nearly 3 pages. A bdsm story called The Bondage Inheritance. It was made last minute and I liked the idea so much I had to make it right away and put it out first.

It's about a woman who learns that she has inherited 50% her mother's bondage club. She planned to sell the share to the other partner, flew up to San Francisco for the meeting, and learns about her mother's submissive side through meeting the female domme and reader her mother's secret love notes.

It's a fun story. I also plan on writing the prequal later. I'm also trying to squeeze an extra entry if I can, after I edit some other stories.

Halfway through rewriting my screw up. This works better but it is taking longer to flesh out, so to speak. :D

Just submitted number one and wrapped up editing number two.

The second one was a lot of fun as I brought back Allison Saunders, a character featured in my first lit story "Almost Perfect" and a two part series Breaking of Allison. Fun to revisit an old friend.

I put my story in.

It took me 6 days to write & edit the whole thing, which is nearly 3 pages. A bdsm story called The Bondage Inheritance. It was made last minute and I liked the idea so much I had to make it right away and put it out first.

It's about a woman who learns that she has inherited 50% her mother's bondage club. She planned to sell the share to the other partner, flew up to San Francisco for the meeting, and learns about her mother's submissive side through meeting the female domme and reader her mother's secret love notes.

It's a fun story. I also plan on writing the prequal later. I'm also trying to squeeze an extra entry if I can, after I edit some other stories.

san francisco - probably my fave city in the world! :D

sounds a good read, too.

san francisco - probably my fave city in the world! :D

sounds a good read, too.

It is a damn good city. But a miserable place to drive with standard transmission: stop signs at the top of every crazy steep hill.
I was married on a catamaran on SF Bay.

I'm in for better or worse, my proof reader called it a twisted little tale, not sure if that's good or bad for a contest entry, hehe. Good luck everyone! :D

#1 is ready to submit as soon as I get home from my trip, and I'mgoing to try for a second.

It is a damn good city. But a miserable place to drive with standard transmission: stop signs at the top of every crazy steep hill.
I was married on a catamaran on SF Bay.

i've never driven - i was always full of beer for the 5 nights i was there. Nov 2010 - the Giants won the world series (which meant nothing to me at the time) - and what a party! :D

i like your style re. wedding! :D

i've never driven - i was always full of beer for the 5 nights i was there. Nov 2010 - the Giants won the world series (which meant nothing to me at the time) - and what a party! :D

Stop posting and start writing you damn slacker:D

Thanks!
Yeah, it's always fun to be in a city when there is something they're celebrating.
Years ago I was in NYC for business. It was the first spring day, 70 degrees and sunny, after a harsh long NY winter (which can be dreary, cold, overcast affairs). New Yorkers were grinning, greeting, and giddy. Strangers in Central Park asking if we wanted to play frisbee, share a picnic and so on.
Crazy different from the stereotype, and from what I had remembered living there a decade earlier.

I sent my incest entry to a friend to get an opinion.

He said the ending pissed him off, that it was nothing short of sick.

Strange that on initially writing it I did not see it that way at all, but after the edit I did realize it can be seen that way. Again all depends on what they are reading for. If they lose interest after the "main event" they won't care either way. If they are in it til the end...

I'm interested to see how this one scores and what type of abuse gets sent my way by the people who don't like it.

The pending is already blacked out so it'll be up tomorrow.

I guess now I have something to look forward to other than the 6-8" of $$^*&*$ snow we're supposed to get tonight.:rolleyes:

My two are up - links in my signature, but not on my list of submissions, nor on New Stories yet.

But I have had two votes... How?

My two are up - links in my signature, but not on my list of submissions, nor on New Stories yet.

But I have had two votes... How?

Only the Shadow knows.....

Not sure about the new story list, but a new submission not showing up on your home page until hours after it goes live has been going on for awhile now.

Back