The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Hp, Morning Chloe,

Looks like you two have it made in the shade. :D

I forgot to get milk last night so...

The coffee is fresh and so are the donuts so help your own self.

Looks like today is catch up on the chores day.

And it's back to work for me. I'll probably get some editing done anyway--maybe even some writing.

Morning Hp, Morning Chloe,
Looks like you two have it made in the shade. :D
I forgot to get milk last night so...
The coffee is fresh and so are the donuts so help your own self.
Looks like today is catch up on the chores day.

Fortunately, I managed to have sufficient milk left over so I had it in my coffee, for which many thanks.
Please note; I have left six of the doughnuts alone.
If you see fewer that six on the plate - it ain't me !

And it's back to work for me. I'll probably get some editing done anyway--maybe even some writing.

You have my sympathy.

Donuts? Did someone say donuts? I can't remember the last time I had a donut.

Nor can I. Sad, that. I do so love them but I love too many other things as well and until I recover from my latest trip south I won't be eating any for a long time. Drat!

I have donuts two or three times a year. They're an indulgence.

We had a little sun shower this evening, and a perfect double rainbow to go with it.

Donuts? Did someone say donuts? I can't remember the last time I had a donut.

A new Krispy Kreme has just opened up in my area, so we had to try it out! :D

But I don't feel too guilty. I burned it off this afternoon with a 31 mile bike ride at 19.2mph average. Did similar rides 3 times last week, and will do 2 more this week.

Tryin' to keep in shape for a few upcoming races, and Krispy Kreme ain't helping LOL

You mean like this? :)

Well, that didn't make any sense. I thought I was starting a new page.

My sugar count thanks the Krispy Kreme people for closing the donut store they had at the base of the ridge I live on.

2AM and everyone is talking about Krispy Kreme. :eek:

There may be KK's in the big cities but in small town Texas, the doughnut industry is ruled by the Vietnamese as far as mom and pop stores go. Every little town has one or even two. Most are very very good and some are exceptional. Yes, over the years I have tried most all of them at one time or another.

Why am I awake at this hour? only my brain knows for sure and it is not talking. Actually it's talking way too much and way too fast. So I think I answered my own question. :rolleyes:

So, now what? Make fresh coffee for the morning crew, have something to eat and see if I can go back to sleep.

The nearest Krispy Kreme to me is 200 odd miles away. I have driven there just to buy them. I love Krispy Kreme. My favorite donuts. Nothing else compares. Sob. I am now wide awake and salivating. Oh well, coffee and fruit salad instead. The fruit at least is healthier so i can feel virtuous this morning.

Morning Chloe, it is a little early for fruit salad. In fact, i don't think I even have the making sin the house so.... No virtuous for me. Cinnamon raisin toast with real churned butter.

A little over half way through with the second novel of ten. One nice thing about young adult fiction is the length. My publisher likes to keep the books in the 50-60k range. Nano length novels, which could be done in a month but when you are as wordy as I am, it takes more time. :eek:

Last edited:
Morning Chloe, it is a little early for fruit salad. In fact, i don't think I even have the making sin the house so.... No virtuous for me. Cinnamon raisin toast with real churned butter.

A little over half way through with the second novel of ten. One nice thing about young adult fiction is the length. My publisher likes to keep the books in the 50-60k range. Nano length novels, which could be done in a month but when you are as wordy as I am, it takes more time. :eek:

50-60K ?
that's about the length of one of Chloe's short stories ?

70F and trying to rain.
Not my ideal type of day.

Must take poodle for five miler, go to grocery store, do some laundry and get groomed. That probably won't leave too much time for writing but I do have a 'Reluctance and Non-Concent' off to a nice start. However it will probably turn into a Group Sex or something more innocuous.

Ye gods but it's gloomy this evening.
I may have to put the heating back on (albeit on 'low').
A mug of decent coffee would be just the job, I think.

PS. Those who need help with a LW plot base might like to read these:- http://www.knowable.com/a/divorced-men-share-the-moment-they-realized-yup-its-over?utm_content=inf_10_3136_2&tse_id=INF_3a8120705ade11e790011d41b85aaeb5

One mug of joe on the way HP.

Talk about being up to your ass in plot bunnies. :D

I loved the last one. "She threw the cat at me." Poor pussy. I guess she didn't want to break the fine china.

Usually don't do coffee on Tuesdays (having done it on Mondays), but today . . .

Would you believe it? Thee are three 'Krispy Kreme' in the UK.
And (predictably) they are all in the south-east [ie., the home counties].
And which buffoon cannot spell 'Crispy' or 'Cream' ?

I need a cup of tea, then bed: I had a crap night last night and I have to be up & doing in the morning.

Would you believe it? Thee are three 'Krispy Kreme' in the UK.
And (predictably) they are all in the south-east [ie., the home counties].
And which buffoon cannot spell 'Crispy' or 'Cream' ?

I need a cup of tea, then bed: I had a crap night last night and I have to be up & doing in the morning.

Evening all

One cuppa for HP on his way to bed. Oh and by the way, the advertising department probably didn't spell it right on purpose. It draws more attention.

I'm probably going to knock off early myself as I had the same type night last night. But first I need to catch something for supper. It was sunny and bright until around four when the bottom fell out for an hour and a half.

Fresh coffee for the evening crew and a fresh kettle for those so inclined or even reclined. :D

What's a typical word count on your 1-a-day stories?

Today's is 5,985 so far. I keep coming back to them and adding this and that, though.

Yesterday's story was over 10,000 words. I've been on a roll at least one story a day for two weeks. Those are erotica stories. I have a mainstream novel to write that isn't moving at all. I think my muse is dumping the erotica to keep me from writing mainstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back