McDonald's will replace cashiers with kiosks in 2,500 restaurants

I can find a bunch of articles and studies that show the same outcome but the response from those to the left of me is always an impolite bullshit and a link to a long-dead and buried report that proved a municipal government lost no jobs because of an increased minimum wage.



Texas is full of people who are fleeing theWest Coast.

Those from the NE flee to Florida so they can avoid income taxes.
 
All the way?


Whoda fuck you think you are?

My fifth-grade teacher expecting a book report on Moby Dick?
 
Try reading through this. all the way :


$15 Minimum Wages Will Substantially Raise PricesJanuary 19, 2017 34 min read

http://www.heritage.org/jobs-and-labor/report/15-minimum-wages-will-substantially-raise-prices

Funny isn't it that the same people who understand the cumulative effect of a value-added tax when they look at the revenue side of that cannot grasp the mutiplier effect of increase in wages for jobs with no skills.

They also seem to have no problem understanding that when they hand out a welfare check there's a magical multiplier effect as that gets spent through the economy but of course expenses in the economy simply evaporate into thin air.

They only seem to be able to handle one side of two column accounting.
 
Not even a page in and I find this gem annotated:

"*The typical fast-food restaurant, for example, earns between 3 cents and 6 cents of profit on each dollar of sales." I would have said about 5%. *IBISWorld, “Industry Report 72221a: Fast Food Restaurants in the US,” May 2013, and National Restaurant Association, Restaurant Operations Report: 2013–2014 Edition, p. 102.

Never mind that about averages $0.16 per Big Mac is completely wrong for other reasons let's just pretend that it's right - that eats up all of the profit that they make on every Big Mac.

It's wrong because it does not reflect the actual cost of each employee you have all kinds of cost associated with having employees including payroll processing record-keeping payroll taxes liability insurance and the list is endless. And it goes up with each employee you have. Which is why employers at times pre-obamacare were happy to pay overtime.

$15 an hour for a $10 an hour employee on overtime is far cheaper than hiring another employee at $15 an hour. We are not talking apples and apples.
 
A ‘very credible’ new study on Seattle’s $15 minimum wage has bad news for liberals

When Seattle officials voted three years ago to incrementally boost the city's minimum wage up to $15 an hour, they'd hoped to improve the lives of low-income workers. Yet according to a major new study that could force economists to reassess past research on the issue, the hike has had the opposite effect.

The city is gradually increasing the hourly minimum to $15 over several years. Already, though, some employers have not been able to afford the increased minimums. They've cut their payrolls, putting off new hiring, reducing hours or letting their workers go, the study found.

The costs to low-wage workers in Seattle outweighed the benefits by a ratio of three to one, according to the study, conducted by a group of economists at the University of Washington who were commissioned by the city. The study, published as a working paper Monday by the National Bureau of Economic Research, has not yet been peer reviewed

On the whole, the study estimates, the average low-wage worker in the city lost $125 a month because of the hike in the minimum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-really-helps-workers/?utm_term=.40b8acc03977
 
Employees are now parasites? :rolleyes:

You've really lost it, Connie. Go take a rest.
No matter how low an employee's wages, in the system of capitalism the employee is by definition a parasite.

Anyone here who says employers wouldn't be switching to automation without this $15 wage thing is a total idiot. Eli Whitney was partially automating cotton with the cotton gin when slavery was around and people were being paid nothing. Automation first took off during the Industrial Age when wages were ALMOST nothing and workers' rights were nonexistent.

Because under capitalism, workers are parasites by definition. Every employer wants fewer of them, and none if possible. All machines and no employees means 0% labor overhead and perfect efficiency. A machine will beat the best workers in the universe, just ask the women who calculated the trajectories to put a man on the moon: IBM almost immediately put huge chunks of America's smartest mathematical female minds out of work until they switched to programming FORTRAN. Any one of these women could run rings around every person on Literotica when it comes to crunching numbers and with their many minds combined they were eaten alive by a primitive electronic computer. Because apples for apples you cannot compete with a machine no matter how cheap your wages are.

Computers can write symphonies and sports articles and more.
New artificially intelligent machines, he says, are not so much tools to improve the efficiency of workers but really are tools to replace workers themselves.
 
No matter how low an employee's wages, in the system of capitalism the employee is by definition a parasite.

What absolute bullshit.

Most employees are actually worth a bit more and are highly sought after.



Under realityism an artificially over priced employee is a parasite.
 
For too many Liberals, Capitalism is the root cause for everything that ails them, vexes them, holds them back and produces an endless parade of unassailable victims.


That's because they've never experienced the political-economic alternatives...
 
For too many Liberals, Capitalism is the root cause for everything that ails them, vexes them, holds them back and produces an endless parade of unassailable victims.


That's because they've never experienced the political-economic alternatives...

I always thought they hated capitalism because they weren't smart enough, lacked skills, didn't play well in the sandbox, or had no work ethic required to reach their goals.

It's classic liberalism...blame someone/something else for your own plight.
 
All you worthless workers,

Be very, very afraid: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...our-door-in-4-minutes/?utm_term=.cb7b23884f1f

In Silicon Valley no less. They don't want to employ "those people" at any wage...

imrs.php


Whaddaya think? It runs on vegetable oil?
 
Some McDonald's in Canada have had these kiosk for about a year now. They do get used, however most people still get in line to talk to the one cashier that is working.

These machines are basically speeding up the ordering process but you have to stand around and wait for you order number to be called. They may be less cashiers working however they employees will be moved to preparing the orders.
 
Have you ever responded to anything non-partisan with an equally non-partisan response? Fuck, it must be exhausting to be so afraid of everything in the world that doesn't look or think like you.


That's because right wingers are sociopaths, they only think about themselves and have no empathy for others.

They are incapable of having empathy for people who are not their kin.

Just witness the amount of right wing posters laughing about that 'urban' kid out of a job. The funny part, they are too stupid to know that most service workers are NOT some kid with his pants hanging down his butt.

Most service workers are over the age of 21, many with families of their own.

Right wing empathy for ya! But these same men and women would swear up and down that they are the pinnacles of morality.
 
Have you ever responded to anything non-partisan with an equally non-partisan response? Fuck, it must be exhausting to be so afraid of everything in the world that doesn't look or think like you.

. . .says the guy who charges that I am not "manly," cannot define "manhood," and insists that I am "conflicted."

Being a person that is actually intolerant of bigotry requires that you actually be tolerant of people that do not look or think like you.

Being able to mumble along with the lyrics that you got off of a few Facebook memes does not make you an actual progressive. It requires actual, deeply held convictions and personal integrity, not simply a vague idea of which "side" of a given issue that your "team" is on.
 
...as if the fact that minium wage, the floor of labor expenses, having been raised from $2 an hour has nothing to do with the fact that aminimum wage worker stocking shelves at Walmart can't stop by McDonald's on his way home for a $0.35 burger.

Why do people on the left think that immutable principles of economics are repealed when they have some social engineering idea?

Because they're superior beings in every way.

Is there anything funnier than a person pretending to be an expert at something he knows absolutely nothing about?
 
That's because right wingers are sociopaths, they only think about themselves and have no empathy for others.

They are incapable of having empathy for people who are not their kin.

Just witness the amount of right wing posters laughing about that 'urban' kid out of a job. The funny part, they are too stupid to know that most service workers are NOT some kid with his pants hanging down his butt.

Most service workers are over the age of 21, many with families of their own.

Right wing empathy for ya! But these same men and women would swear up and down that they are the pinnacles of morality.

What happened in your life that made you so bitter, angry, and full of hate?
 
. . .says the guy who charges that I am not "manly," cannot define "manhood," and insists that I am "conflicted."

Being a person that is actually intolerant of bigotry requires that you actually be tolerant of people that do not look or think like you.

Being able to mumble along with the lyrics that you got off of a few Facebook memes does not make you an actual progressive. It requires actual, deeply held convictions and personal integrity, not simply a vague idea of which "side" of a given issue that your "team" is on.

I posted that 8 fucking days ago you conflicted psycho.
 
I might be inclined to switch to hiring part-time, temporary, seasonal or interns only if any of those were exempt. Six months and you're out kind of thing. Higher turnaround, but no benefits to pay and you might even find a keeper along the way you could train for management.

By definition an exempt employee is exempt from overtime. Either you want to work them 60 hours and pay them for 40, or you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm guessing the latter.
 
Back
Top