Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not. Stop trying to make me look like a peso!

Si, señorita Rainshine. Tu es muy bueno.

You are totally not a peso. :D Look back and see I never accused you of being a peso. You know I'd pay at least twice that.

Last edited:
Oh and he just had his Quinceanera last year. I went and busted the piñata. It was shaped like El Chupacabra.

Show indeed. You would never guess that behind the scenes we actually can't stand to be around each other.

Actually, when I stop to think of you two behind the scenes as it were, the cartoon Tasmanian Devil springs to mind...all that whirling and yelling...I thought it was passion, but I suppose it COULD be anger. ;)

There is a lot of Tasmanian Devil like passion. Mainly our love for eating wombats and shitting outside. But as my beloved Rainshine says... We love each other a lot.

She's beautiful. Even when she's eating a carcass.

So, if I need to get rid of a carcass, and you guys happen to be hungry. . . gimme a holler would ya?

Actually Quoll suggested a Tasmanian devil to get rid of my evil neighbor a long time ago. He said they even eat bone. They are cute little vicious beasts. Jeez louise I miss that man.

*sigh* Back to rummaging around for sock puppets to try to explain a work flow to someone who would be better off just watching Jerry Springer and eating pork rinds on the couch. There WILL be a good day soon. There Will be a good day soon. . .

So, if I need to get rid of a carcass, and you guys happen to be hungry. . . gimme a holler would ya?

Actually Quoll suggested a Tasmanian devil to get rid of my evil neighbor a long time ago. He said they even eat bone. They are cute little vicious beasts. Jeez louise I miss that man.

*sigh* Back to rummaging around for sock puppets to try to explain a work flow to someone who would be better off just watching Jerry Springer and eating pork rinds on the couch. There WILL be a good day soon. There Will be a good day soon. . .
I miss him too, and it appears that the torch has been passed...

Feeling a bit sorry for myself. Let the worm eating commence.

I miss him too, and it appears that the torch has been passed...

Feeling a bit sorry for myself. Let the worm eating commence.

Ya know, you may want to keep that torch honey. I have it on authority that toasted worms are better then live wriggly ones.

And if it's any consolation, you know I love you. :rose::rose::rose:

Holy shit. I just channeled my mother. I just lectured my 16 year old that her report card was good (all As, 1 B) but it should have been better. I'm taking myself outside to shake myself right now. I've clearly lost it.

Holy shit. I just channeled my mother. I just lectured my 16 year old that her report card was good (all As, 1 B) but it should have been better. I'm taking myself outside to shake myself right now. I've clearly lost it.

Wow, you whined at a report card like that? You be one tough momma! :eek:;):D

minxie, is she your eldest/only? my older sister always got that speech--she was always the achiever in the family--so i made the rode for my younger brother easier by being a rotten, rotten student. :D

bg: we all miss him, sweetie.

[hug]

ed

I do the same thing. Mediocrity is for other people's kids.

I don't see how all A's and one B can be seen as a bad thing or even mediocrity. I would also question what the class was and circumstances for the B, as some teachers can be hard asses for no reason.

I don't see how all A's and one B can be seen as a bad thing or even mediocrity. I would also question what the class was and circumstances for the B, as some teachers can be hard asses for no reason.
With grade inflation as rampant as it is these days, getting all A's just isn't that much of an accomplishment.

Wow, you whined at a report card like that? You be one tough momma! :eek:;):D
Ahem, I never whine sir.

minxie, is she your eldest/only? my older sister always got that speech--she was always the achiever in the family--so i made the rode for my younger brother easier by being a rotten, rotten student. :D

bg: we all miss him, sweetie.

[hug]

ed
I have a boy and a girl; she's my youngest, but also the more driven of the two. I was also the youngest in my adopted family and got grounded if I brought home a B--just to give everyone some perspective. My older brothers were horrendous students when they bothered to show up at all so I could never understand why I was held to much higher standards. Now I realize, I was the last hope for the family. lol

I do the same thing. Mediocrity is for other people's kids.
Precisely.

The B was in gym, and she deserved it and she knows it. She got the "I know you don't like it but suck it up and welcome to real life" speech addition.

With grade inflation as rampant as it is these days, getting all A's just isn't that much of an accomplishment.
My thoughts exactly. She got her As at a GPA that runs according to the old scale so they were legit, but they could have been better. She's smarter than that and she was skating. I don't do well with skating by. I expect her to do the best she can do and a 3.7 GPA isn't the best she can do.

I don't have experience with today's grading systems, so I wouldn't know. My personal take on the public school system is that it little more than 12 years of forced daycare and has little to do with education at all.

Minxie, my sis used to get graded down in gym for not trying too, unfortunately, it was all the other girls in her class that were too busy being "girlie", there was no point for her to try because there was no one else putting in any effort either, but because sis was a gifted athlete, she's the one that got graded down.:rolleyes: Not sure if your impish one has similar problems or not, if so, don't be too hard on her, besides, it's gym, it's not like it's something that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back