ever seen a necklace like this...

this is the pattern on our wedding bands.

It's not a traditional Celtic design. It's actually 2 separate twines, alternating in twisted sailor's knots with each passing through the twist in the other's knot.

When I recognized it as such, and was able to describe it that way, she told me we had to have it.

It's a lot prettier when you can properly see which twines cross on top.

We have something similar but in silver and gold - I love the interlocking design.

I like yours, Stag. Are yours dark like this picture?

I would not think of it as bdsm in passing unless maybe I had some suspicion already, really cute.

D(.)(.)

I wouldn't have noticed in truth.

But...I already wear something that says I am his, a wedding ring. I don't need to wear it to know he has me as long as he wants.

My opinion would be to wear something because you like it, Or it has special meaning to you.
Elle I like this comment. Even if I lost my wedding ring I'm his.

For years I wore a custom made bronze angel. We'd say she is watching over me. One vacation I left it home and we got vandalized.
Someone is still watching over me.

This design is specifically from Pauline Reage's Story of O. That's pretty much the only thing that makes it a BDSM necklace. If someone hasn't read it, they're not going to get it. If they have read it they still might not pick up on it right away. Hell, I've read it and know the design and still might not pay attention.

As for wedding bands, well, some of us are polyamorous. ;)

I haven't always been in a monogamous relationship etoile. There is still no reason a ring cannot suit, it's pretty recognisable symbol of attachment. But there is also why it has to suit, in poly or monogamous relationship. I felt my statement following how I felt about my ring qualified that. I apologise if you felt it exclusionist, it certainly was not meant to be,

Fwiw, I am not sure I have worn my ring so far this week. :eek:.

LOL, I sometimes fail to wear mine too, it'll get taken off for some reason then left at my work desk or on the dresser at home...

And no, I didn't feel it was exclusionist, I am just running out of room on my finger! I actually wear my wedding ring for my wife, and another ring my (vanilla) boyfriend picked out, which to most people looks like an engagement ring. So I do have poly on my finger! ;)

Nothing ongoing for Sir yet though...

I have a similar necklace that I have worn for years and years. Nobody's ever commented on it other than they think it looks pretty and suits me. Not in kinky settings, not in vanilla settings.

My sister-in-law did say once that the O ring in my necklace can be used to clip on a leash if needs be. Context: J and I were going to Belarus and we were joking about me wandering off and getting in trouble.

Last edited:
Back