Aspiring To Publish - Authors Thread

I tried to register, but I get to the page where I can "agree to this terms," click on the agree thingy, and it goes nowhere.

:confused:

There's some geeky techie quibbles to smooth out. Stella's doing a great job, but with this change comes that domino sort of thing. It should be great in the end. Too bad it couldn't be done here as comprehensively - like a lit sub-site..

Last edited:
Now it keeps insisting that it doesn't know how old I am. won't let me move from the edit profile page. There isn't a chuffing box for entering my birthdate.

What's a chuffing box?

Sounds like something sexual.

I tried to register, but I get to the page where I can "agree to this terms," click on the agree thingy, and it goes nowhere.

You might have been entering through a beta version of the registration page. I used it this morning on a test ID and it is all now working correctly. However, one problem is that error messages during registration appear at the top of the box in the same font so they are not easily seen - I'll see if I can change them to red, or get Stella to change them.

ON BIRTHDATES: registered users who did not sign up with a full birthdate are currently not able to access the site. I will try to put up a birth date box on the 'profile page' so that you can continue. Failing that, I will manually make you much younger than you actually are so that you can continue to use the site. When Stella fixes the profile page - you can enter your correct date of birth.

ETA I've entered a Date of Birth field in the user profile page - you will be directed to this page on 'log in' if you haven't already entered a full date of birth. I need someone with access problems to try this for me to see if it works.

Last edited:
You might have been entering through a beta version of the registration page. I used it this morning on a test ID and it is all now working correctly. However, one problem is that error messages during registration appear at the top of the box in the same font so they are not easily seen - I'll see if I can change them to red, or get Stella to change them.

ON BIRTHDATES: registered users who did not sign up with a full birthdate are currently not able to access the site. I will try to put up a birth date box on the 'profile page' so that you can continue. Failing that, I will manually make you much younger than you actually are so that you can continue to use the site. When Stella fixes the profile page - you can enter your correct date of birth.

ETA I've entered a Date of Birth field in the user profile page - you will be directed to this page on 'log in' if you haven't already entered a full date of birth. I need someone with access problems to try this for me to see if it works.

Still not working. I get this message: TOO_SMALL_BDAY_YEAR
You have entered an invalid birth date
, even though my birth year puts me quite a few years above 18.

Still not working. I get this message: TOO_SMALL_BDAY_YEAR
You have entered an invalid birth date
, even though my birth year puts me quite a few years above 18.

Thanks Cerise.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE
For the moment, I have assigned a fictitious birth date to everyone who previously registered without filling in or completing the year box in that field. Most of you are around 21 :D

You ought now to be access the site. We will sort out the problem when Stella is back on line.

Can some several people test this for me and confirm if they now have access... or not

Thanks Cerise.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE
For the moment, I have assigned a fictitious birth date to everyone who previously registered without filling in or completing the year box in that field. Most of you are around 21 :D

You ought now to be access the site. We will sort out the problem when Stella is back on line.

Can some several people test this for me and confirm if they now have access... or not

I entered my birthday when I signed up, so I'm no use. I just thought I'd pop in and say hello :)
x
V

Thanks Cerise.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Ahhh youth.

I have access now.

Thanks Cerise.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Bumping my own post, I know how many loath the 'up' key.

:eek: Webmistressing is so much fun! All the kisses- and all the kicks. What more could a girl ask for?
I'll get it figured out, honest...

(ETA; The problem arises only for those of us who did not enter a date in their profile before I made the change. From now on, an age will be required as part of the registration, the way it is here at lit-- Those Who Come After will have an easier road.
Onwards, intrepid pilgrims!

Last edited:
((((((((((((((((((((((((((STELLA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I'm in, if only on a patchy basis.... ;(... still recovering from major illnesses.... ugh)....

BTW when updating ones signature, one finds one cannot do so the site comes back with an 404 or 407 error....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((STELLA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I'm in, if only on a patchy basis.... ;(... still recovering from major illnesses.... ugh)....

BTW when updating ones signature, one finds one cannot do so the site comes back with an 404 or 407 error....

*blink* oookay...

lemme see what that's about... :eek:

(eta) a 407 error implies that you are posting from behind a proxy-- like at work, you bad girl! ;) The proxy isn't letting the URL come back to your computer, for some reason.

Last edited:
I'd love to get involved with this, and while I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Pretty Baby published, I have a feeling it's too graphic and sex-heavy for most publishers, be they print or electronic. But I have had an idea brewing for a while for a more romantic story that nevertheless includes some steamy sex. But there would be more emphasis on realistic characters and plot.

I'd love to get involved with this, and while I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Pretty Baby published, I have a feeling it's too graphic and sex-heavy for most publishers, be they print or electronic. But I have had an idea brewing for a while for a more romantic story that nevertheless includes some steamy sex. But there would be more emphasis on realistic characters and plot.

Good to see you, slyc. A few of us was wondering if you were Ok.

Come on over to STORY. We are doing exactly what your fearing with one of my novels. The only way to advance is to seek the comment of your peers. Follow the link in my sig.

apologies if this has been put up -- i'm in a rush and haven't the time to look back over the pages. :eek:

mebbe look here

hope that's of use to someone.

Guy's and Gal's - I'm out for a couple of days. If you have problems, Stella is the best person to contact.

For 'new readers, the curious, the nosy' follow the link in my sig if you have a publishing interest. Couple of extracts put up for crit, a growing list of resources, and some publishing links - I'll be putting a heap more up soon (Friday).

Take care and have fun.

Dude!

Many thanks, I've been desperately looking for some UK publishers!

x
V

it can take 3 months for them to respond -- or so they say, but hey, what was it? fifty squids per hundred? nah, i can't have that right...

thought not, just checked. still, fifty nicker for 500! gordon bennett!

it can take 3 months for them to respond -- or so they say, but hey, what was it? fifty squids per hundred? nah, i can't have that right...

thought not, just checked. still, fifty nicker for 500! gordon bennett!

50 squid a page (about 650 words). But did you notice the article rate? 20 pence a word.:eek:

Hey Guys,
Could people test their Private Rooms for me, over on Story. Try to access without logging in (you shouldn't be able to see individual rooms) and try to post after logging in. You also ought be able to get into some private rooms where registered members have granted access, but not others.

Hey Guys,
Could people test their Private Rooms for me, over on Story. Try to access without logging in (you shouldn't be able to see individual rooms) and try to post after logging in. You also ought be able to get into some private rooms where registered members have granted access, but not others.

*bump*

I did some test messages. I can post in my own room, but it's a bit strange that I have to click on the "locked" button for that to happen. There isn't a "post" button. That would make things less confusing, I think. :)

I cannot post in anyone else's forum, although I can see all the messages in your, Will - I don't know if that's because you added me, or what. I cannot post in your forum, however.

Hi Neon....
I did try many times today... I guess the lock needs to be lubed???

Smooches, snuggles, and warm hugs.....

did that help?

Back