Legal help

Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Posts
2
Hello, I am a new author on this site, and I'm looking for a little bit of legal advice regarding a story. I read through the FAQ section, but didn't find the specific answer to my question.

I have a story that I would like to submit. The characters are over the age of 18, but there is a part during the story where one of the characters is talking about her childhood. In that scene, there is a description of her seeing a naked boy, and also a mention of how she lost her virginity. It does not describe any sexual details, but it makes reference to it. The heaviest part of the description for anyone underage would be of them kissing.

I would like to know if it would be against the rules to post a story that contained some scenes like this?

Thank you very much!

-Leelee
 
You should be fine... but if you really want to guard against it getting auto-flagged, just make sure you only imply age instead of stating it.
 
Well, it really depends on the details you give about that memory. Just one or two lines wouldn't hurt at all. Write a para or more, and it'll get rejected.

Kissing is fine too, I think, as I've seen more than a few stories having that for underaged person.

Overall, it should be a smooth ride as long as you don't go into the explicit details.
 
Rules, not laws. [/quibble]

The red line is between description and depiction. Allusions and vague suggestions are fine; details of beyond-the-rules behavior are not. "I lost my virginity at 15" is OK. "He shoved his righteous ramrod into my 15-year-old receptacle" is not. "He looked at her budding young body with lustful eyes" is probably on the wrong side of the line, so Laurel told me.

A bestiality parallel: I have written stories with vague references, such as, "He checked the security monitor. FUCKFIRE! Tiffany was again (still?) in the king bed entertaining others. Two men, two women, and... was that an Alsatian?" See, just a suggestion, nothing more.
 
Back
Top