The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, now I wonder if it's something about the way I write that puts people off. Plenty of people claim to want to write with me, even enough that I have to turn down many because of the number of stories I have at once. But none of the stories ever finish. They all get to a point and then my co-writer vanishes.

Not likely your writing style at fault there. Some people simply lose interest in a story and can't be bothered to finish it. Some simply don't know what direction to take the story in, and thus are bottlenecked from finding the ending.

Do all of these unfinished stories cease around the same point in the story, or after a certain milestone within the tale?

Not likely your writing style at fault there. Some people simply lose interest in a story and can't be bothered to finish it. Some simply don't know what direction to take the story in, and thus are bottlenecked from finding the ending.

Do all of these unfinished stories cease around the same point in the story, or after a certain milestone within the tale?

A great number of them stop right after the characters finally have sex. Makes me feel used. Perhaps I should forget writing stories except by myself, and just write scenes here in the lounge. Give the people what they want. It doesn't last as long and I could get around to more people much sooner. :rolleyes:

But some of the stories don't even make it to the sex. It's no secret that I like character build up. I want a relationship between the characters, not just a quickie, unless that's the kind of story I'm writing. I have a few ideas on my list that are designed to be just quick and dirty sex.

Some particular story ideas, like the one about the Amazon Sisters of Battle have been ill fated from the start. I'm not sure why. It seemed like an interesting idea to me, about how war can bring people together and form strong emotional and physical bonds. But that one has been started at least four times and never gets beyond a couple posts. It attracts a lot of subbie girls to me, and I don't get that at all, really. I never thought of myself as very dominant. Protective, maybe. Nurturing, maybe. And maybe my maturity comes through in my writing, so maybe they are attracted to the mother or big sister sort of vibe. *Shrugs*

Maybe the length of my posts are a problem. Does it intimidate people into quitting the story? Every thing I read here in the 'Searching for' or Profile threads are from people who claim they like long posts, or don't want 'one liners', etc. Did I get the wrong message from that?

Bleh.

Leaving in about an hour. Security screening, check bags, wait, plane, Vegas, more waiting, more plane, then I'll finally be in Georgia around 11 pm (Atlanta time)

Can I just be there and not deal with the ten hour flight?

Please?

On the plus side I get to time travel today :D

Bleh.

Leaving in about an hour. Security screening, check bags, wait, plane, Vegas, more waiting, more plane, then I'll finally be in Georgia around 11 pm (Atlanta time)

Please?

Hehehehe time travel...

Yeah... Back to the Future reference, sorry.

tumblr_m9uv4rHfvi1qm9fxho1_500.gif

A great number of them stop right after the characters finally have sex. Makes me feel used. Perhaps I should forget writing stories except by myself, and just write scenes here in the lounge. Give the people what they want. It doesn't last as long and I could get around to more people much sooner. :rolleyes:

But some of the stories don't even make it to the sex. It's no secret that I like character build up. I want a relationship between the characters, not just a quickie, unless that's the kind of story I'm writing. I have a few ideas on my list that are designed to be just quick and dirty sex.

Some particular story ideas, like the one about the Amazon Sisters of Battle have been ill fated from the start. I'm not sure why. It seemed like an interesting idea to me, about how war can bring people together and form strong emotional and physical bonds. But that one has been started at least four times and never gets beyond a couple posts. It attracts a lot of subbie girls to me, and I don't get that at all, really. I never thought of myself as very dominant. Protective, maybe. Nurturing, maybe. And maybe my maturity comes through in my writing, so maybe they are attracted to the mother or big sister sort of vibe. *Shrugs*

Maybe the length of my posts are a problem. Does it intimidate people into quitting the story? Every thing I read here in the 'Searching for' or Profile threads are from people who claim they like long posts, or don't want 'one liners', etc. Did I get the wrong message from that?

Like real sex, a lot of people just get up and walk away after. It's like a sort of culmination in the story, the apex even if that's not the main point of the story.

I've not read the amazon story in any of its iterations, but it sounds like you're very invested in that particular yarn. Your co-writers don't likely share as deep a connection to it, and that can cause disinterest on their part.

As for post length, that is intimidating. To see the effort put forth and then worry about not stacking up. Most people say they don't want short posts or one liners, but the actual length they're looking for may be a tad bit shorter than what you're used to providing.

I'm not saying that your post length should be shortened by any means, but I do think you'd find more fulfillment in some of your stories if they were either written by just you or by a co-writer with more compatibility to your own style.

Personally I have never had a story reach the finish line. Had 2 of them come close, my story with Cherry more or less just needed to have a bow tied around it, and my story with Alanna was almost to a point where it was close to an end. The rest have never come close. I wish I could say people just get tired of waiting on me due to my health, but it was like that even before that came about. So it is not your writing doll. I think people just get distracted by new shiny stuff. But I know one thing, I love working with you and I know that the story we are putting together is going to be amazing, and I plan to finish it (even if I am slow sometimes.) try not to take the flighty nature of some people discourage you.

Bleh.

Please?

Yay! Now that we have time travel done we can work on the teleporter.

Get there at least two hours early, they said, security and such.

Took five minutes.

Now what hell can I cause without getting kicked out of the airport? I have over two hours to waste, after all.

Took five minutes.

Now what hell can I cause without getting kicked out of the airport? I have over two hours to waste, after all.

Food...people watching...making out in the bathroom :D

Took five minutes.

Without getting kicked out... Damn details. Read text messages from your adoring Daddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back