Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Awards & Contests

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 07:04 AM   #26
Fermina_Daza
Literotica Guru

I also nominate my Fall and Rise by MelissaBaby

Old 01-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #27
Harddaysknight
Virgin

I nominate Todd172 for his St. Claire series. He's the man!

Old 01-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #28
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesometraveler View Post
Gret writing
There is a link to Sara2000z's story. In Erotic Couplings, tagged "older woman" "mature lovers" "Watching/holding back"

https://www.literotica.com/s/watching-you-16

Old 01-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #29
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrandl1958 View Post
Begun in 2016, three of five chapters in 2017 and completed 1/20/18. It is posted in both Lesbian and Loving wives, contains Scifi/fantasy elements, action/adventure elements, romance and others. It is impossible to confine the breadth of the story to any category, and is one of the best stories, of any genre, around..
Here is a link to Todd172's story I'm assuming "Chapter 2" is "Witch" and that's the one you mean. (There is a Chapter 2.5: Succubus, too)

Tags of "Violent" "crime" "lesbian"

https://www.literotica.com/s/st-clair-ch-02-witch

The other titles sound intriguing, too! Soldier Girl, The Siren, The Angel. Another I'd like to check out. *note to self, get notepad for scribbles now*

Last edited by Etaski : 01-21-2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling and wrong link, oops

Old 01-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #30
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affecteffect View Post
This fit well in LW and Sci-fi.
Oo, I missed this one yesterday.

Here is a link to kublicon's story series:
https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

The tags are "cheating" "betrayal" "time loop/groundhog day"

He's a new author here this year!

Old 01-21-2018, 08:46 AM   #31
Etaski
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaereniSister View Post
Bandit by YouDidWhat
Ah-ha, I finally found him. The Author's name is YouDidWhut

Here is a link: https://www.literotica.com/s/bandit

Some interesting tags:
older man/younger woman romance, blizzard, military/homeless, PTSD

Very high scores and dozens of comments in the Mature category.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #32
LaRascasse
I dream, therefore I am

So many great nominations for genre transcending stories. I admit I haven't read most of them, but it's on my to-do list now.

I want to nominate a story which is not as well known but beautifully written. It treads a line between sexual escapism and human suffering so well. Mostly, I just love the pain and strife all around the story juxtaposed against the desperation for escape (through rough sex).

The Burdens of Others by AmoryParks

The category is BDSM, but it's not particularly hard core. I would strongly encourage you to give this story a chance (it's quite short at 3 pages).

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake

Old 01-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #33
AwkwardMD
Literotica Guru

Seconded for The Burdens of Others.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #34
stev2244
Virgin

Todd172, St. Clair Series., Ch. 2

Old 01-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #35
Valint
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaski View Post
Here is a link to kublicon's story series:
https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
I've already made one nomination, so this isn't one, but as Kublicon's Play It Again Sam would have been my next choice, it's definitely worth checking out.

It's a Groundhog Day time loop story with action/adventure, SF and 'loving wives' elements; there's some humor, some pathos and even a little romance.

I wish there was a category for 'Best New Author' or 'Best Story by a New Author', since I would have nominated him/it there in a shot.

[removed offtopic discussion]

Last edited by Laurel : 01-21-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #36
jezzaz
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev2244 View Post
Todd172, St. Clair Series., Ch. 2
Thirded. Or fourthed. Or whatever we are at now.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #37
Galgaree
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRascasse View Post
So many great nominations for genre transcending stories. I admit I haven't read most of them, but it's on my to-do list now.

I want to nominate a story which is not as well known but beautifully written. It treads a line between sexual escapism and human suffering so well. Mostly, I just love the pain and strife all around the story juxtaposed against the desperation for escape (through rough sex).

The Burdens of Others by AmoryParks

The category is BDSM, but it's not particularly hard core. I would strongly encourage you to give this story a chance (it's quite short at 3 pages).
Damn. Yeah, I want to third this nomination. Thumbs up.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:02 PM   #38
MelissaBaby
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etaski View Post
Congratulations on the nomination. I see the tags for the story are "women in prison," "criminal," "female convict."

Not only that, but your story was written entirely within 2017, and it is finished. That is a rarity here, but that makes 2 so, along with Case21. Your commenters also compliment you on your "polished" and clean writing, your realism and depth of emotion (they seem to bring up "I feel sad" a lot in the first couple chapters. ), and the chapters are shorter, one could possibly finish this novel in a single sitting if they had enough time.

Feel free to update your author profile, MelissaBaby, to let your followers know about your nomination and about the contest. More "seconds" and "thirds" and "fourths" here actually help determine who makes the final cut.

This is the time to bring good stories up to the surface to give them added exposure to more eyes, new and old. If you see something nominated already that you like, chime in with your support!
Thank you, and thanks to everyone who has spoken up in support of my story.

To give a fuller picture to readers who might be interested, My Fall and Rise consists of thirteen chapters, and chronicles, as the title implies, both a life gone terribly off track, and the path to renewal and redemption. I hope people will not be put off by the impression that it is a grim and unhappy work. It is, at it's heart, a positive story, which I hope readers will find informative and uplifting.

I am honored to be considered for an award, and pleased that the distinction of nomination might draw more eyes to my work.

Chapter Ten online now!

Old 01-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #39
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoquiSordidaAdMe View Post
I second the nomination of MelissaBaby's My Fall and Rise. It is remarkably sophisticated storytelling for a first-time author. The complexity of the disjointed timeline alone makes it an impressive effort. Melissa weaves her own tragic and triumphant life story into a tale that is so imbued with realism and visceral authenticity that you can't help but be swept into it. A truly special and inspiring piece of writing, deserving of an award.
I'll third or fourth or where-ever - "My Fall and Rise" by MelissaBaby.

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 01-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #40
SBroadB9
I am not easy...

My Rise and Fall, by Melissa Baby

Old 01-21-2018, 09:08 PM   #41
RobDownSouth
The rain has stopped!

I'm going to join the chorus for MelissaBaby's Rise And Fall, specifically Chapter 13. I'll be honest, a lot of the erotic writing on Lit seems a tad formulaic to me. Rise and Fall might be the grittiest, most unique read I've enjoyed in years.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #42
butters
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrina View Post
this!

go read it

Old 01-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #43
fafhrd09
Experienced

Bandit

Bandit by YouDidWhut

Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 PM   #44
YouDidWhut
Experienced

Iím so new to Literotica that my keyboard squeaks when I log on to the site. To be nominated for ďBanditĒ is an honor and to be included with heavy hitters like these is mind numbing to me. With that said, Iím not a self-aggrandizing megalomaniac who will use offsite readers to cram a ballot box.

I will give credit on Literotica where credit is due.

My nomination is My Fall and Rise by MelissaBaby.

Enough said.

YDW

Last edited by YouDidWhut : 01-22-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #45
MelissaBaby
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouDidWhut View Post
Iím so new to Literotica that my keyboard squeaks when I log on to the site. To be nominated for ďBanditĒ is an honor and to be included with heavy hitters like these is mind numbing to me. With that said, Iím not a self-aggrandizing megalomaniac who will use offsite readers to cram a ballot box.

I will give credit on Literotica where credit is due.

My nomination is My Fall and Rise by MelissaBaby.

Enough said.

YDW
I am touched by your gesture. Thank you.

I have just finished reading Bandit. It is a work of grace and beauty.

As someone who struggles with PTSD, I thank you. I join you in urging anyone who feels they may need help to reach out. There is no shame in needing a helping hand.

Chapter Ten online now!

Old 01-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #46
Damoiselle
Experienced

I would like to nominate The Incident at Last Home.

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-incident-at-last-home

Old 01-24-2018, 03:13 PM   #47
AmoryParks
Virgin

Second for The Incident at Last Home

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-incident-at-last-home

"Hoo-wee," Jesse said, grinning ear to ear. "What was yer take?"

Walt leaned forward, letting the moment grow pregnant with anticipation "Four. Hunnert. Dollars."

"Shoot!" the bartender scoffed. "I ain't never seen that much money in my whole life!"

Another man, several inches shorter than Walt, came in out of the mid-morning sun and immediately mimicked the smiles of the other two, laughing without having been in the room. Jesse pulled out five mismatched cups and started pouring out their whiskey.

"Ahhh," Walt said, raising his eyebrows. "Best pull out one more."

"Oh? A new man?"

"Crack shot too," Walt said, leaning in conspiratorially. "Killed three Pinkertons on our way outta Golden."

"Thought Riley only shot the one," said the shorter man, as he sat down on the next barstool.

"Shut up, Trigger," Walt cried, rounding on the other man. "You were up in the front. You didn't see Smilin' Riley pop up on the back 'a that gray mare he rides and BLAM!" Walt rose up, feet on the rungs of his barstool like stirrups, and mimicked a rifle shot from horseback. "BLAM! BLAM!"

The bartender repeated, "Smilin' Riley," softly, with reverence.

"Oh yeah," Walt said, turning back around and knocking back his first glass of whiskey. "Yeah, I tell you what. He is cold-blooded."

Old 01-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #48
JasonClearwater
Literotica Guru

There are a number of writers on Lit whose work I find inspiring, but for this award,
I would like to nominate ElectricBlue66, specifically, this piece of work: https://www.literotica.com/s/the-floating-world-pt-05

What I do hear is the rising drum of rain, and whereas before the waiters closed doors against the rising wind, now they go further out into the courtyard and hastily pull down large transparent screens, to prevent the blowing rain reaching the room. It is an artful effect, the fall of rain cleaning the air and settling the dust, and the sound of it, but distant from the room itself. And later, the steady drip of the rain from leaves and roofs is somehow slow and primeval.

The rain takes the immediate heat out of the air, and the evening becomes warm and balmy. In the far distance though, the shafting late evening light illuminates some far mountains, and a darker storm moves up from the horizon. The distant echo of thunder follows the flash of light by six, seven, eight seconds. The storm is distant, but coming this way.

This has stuck in my mind since reading it.

J.

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 AM   #49
kimi1990
Virgin

Todd172 St. Clair series "Witch" chapter two of the series

A major story from a major author. It spans categories effortlessly and is posted in two. An exceptional series that gets my nomination.

Old 02-03-2018, 01:54 AM   #50
penguinace
Virgin

Three Square Meals

Tefler

Closed Thread