The Lion's Princess (Closed for Asa)

Who are they to you sacred guardian? Nefer looked back to Khonsu, frowning still, brows knit together in a deep scowl then returned his gaze to the male in front of him “i…………..” he shook his head as if trying to clear it “I can’t remember…” the man sighed and rubbed his face We had hoped you would remember Alnhai, but as stated, you were taken when you were just a cub and the pride was all but wiped out, we only just became aware you were still alive a few months ago and traveled here to find you Nefer frowned “My name, is Nefer-bai” he stated matter of factly to which the male winced. Rham looked to Khonsu “we know not who you are friend, but even we can feel the godly power you possess, and we didn’t miss the confusion on your face just now” he bowed his head again we must apologize, we’d come to believe that Alnhai was being kept here as a pet and mistreated, we’d come to rescue him and return him to what family of his remains, but we see now we were wrong about his slavery Nefer growled in annoyance “Nefer” he said “If it would not offend Khonsu, perhaps we could return to the temple? There are many questions to ask, and I know the Pharaohs Guardians are almost here with the rest of the Magi, I believe we are now out of danger” he turned to look at the God seeking his opinion

The old man was not Khonsu he just bore the marks of the God's he held favor with but even he felt the energy around him as well.

You sense one of the God's his priestess holds sway with. A lunar God of the underworld devourer of hearts. We will wait till they arrive before we agree to anything but know this any move against his priestess or any within the temple even the priestess will to be able to halt the bloodbath the God's will demand.

The old man still stood by Nefer and watched them till the others arrived.

Cheetahs... What scent get you from our guests?

Nefer and Rham stared at each other, Nefer could feel the confusion and tension from his beast half, he wanted to shift again, fight, drive them off his land, but something about their scent’s had him pausing, a faint memory. He looked around as the magi set about patching themselves up finally, seeing that the battle was indeed over, he watched as Kyrie and Kyrah raced towards them their lithe cheetahs bodys in full out sprint, far ahead of their own parties as soon as they’d heard the roar they’d shifted and raced to them leaving their own guards to catch up. Returning his attention to the conversation Nefer merely nodded his assent to the god’s decision to wait. The lioness’s finally shifting to human form they said nothing but then respectful nods they gave the elder being know this any move against his priestess or any within the temple even the priestess will to be able to halt the bloodbath the God's will demand. Rham and the others merely bowed their heads low Elder one, not knowing what we now know to be false, we mean no further harm to any, this male He pointed a brief finger at Nefer Is of our pride, I am sure of it, more now then ever, as he is the only living black furred Male that we know of and are satisfied he is no prisoner or slave here Rham stated simply, appraising Nefer again as the cheetahs came to stop before him, their hackles raised as they stared at the small group, Cheetahs... What scent get you from our guests?

Kyrie blinked and looked up to the God then back to the others, having only caught the tail end of the conversation, Kyrie shifted, kyrah staying in her fur “scent?” she asked quietly then frowned, Kyrah stretched out her muzzle, sniffing, Kyrie did the same and she cocked her head, Kyrah giving a grunt of confusion “their Lion…” she stated “they smell Different, but the same, Not entirely unsimilar to our Guardians scent, they smell more of nature and of the land and fur. Many of us take on the scents of where we live, as Nefer lives at the palace he smells more human[/I] they blinked Nefer confurring with that and bringing them up to speed about what has just happened in the last 15 minutes

The females and Rham stayed quiet as they listened. Rham eventually cleared this throat and spoke “Word had reached us from a clan of hyena’s who are known assassins by most of our kind, that they had been ordered to slay someone and were met and turned back by a black furred lion male, and rumor has it, the survivors were severely punished for failure, we listen to your words, we see the respect you show to him, we believe we were told in hopes that we’d kill his captor or at least take him away from her”

The old man grumbled the Hyenas have always been cowards.

Shaking his head slowly he grumbled.

Still the try to kill our desert priestess. I will go before the God's. You all look up and around me as if Khonsu is with me now? Why is that? Normally only the priestess could tell me if he followed me.

You all look up and around me as if Khonsu is with me now? Why is that? Normally only the priestess could tell me if he followed me. Rham and the lioness’s exchanged then looked to Nefer who in turn shrugged before Rham spoke Being what we are, supernatural creatures in our own right, we are more open and aware of power and our surroundings unlike humans, like a 6th sense our beasts feel the warmth of it, like a caress to us, “ Nefer just merely nodded in agreement, he too had been able to feel power emanating off others and knew they weren’t completely human. Kyrie and Kyrah too just nodded their heads in agreement “well…” Kyrie said “speaking of hyena we chased out a small group loitering around the eastern border of the city, five or six of them, we were thinking they were spying, or waiting to see if they “ and she pointed to Rham and the females “did what they wanted, I don’t think they were expecting us to split up as we did, we should return to the temple” Kyrie and Kyrah looks to Rham and the others “we can find you a small camp near the Temple, but for the moment, we do not trust you yet to enter the temple, we will need to send the pharaoh a message and inform the priestess of these events” Rham merely nodded in agreement we prefer sleeping under the stars, so that will suit us fine several of the females huffed in agreement and nodded their heads.

The old man nodded to one of the warriors.

Send the falcon to preceed us and deliver this news to the priestess. Nefer return to our priestess we will be there by dinner.

As the man issues his orders the others nodded, the screech of a hawk as it took flight Nefer continued to stare at the people before them, nose twitching, Nefer return to our priestess we will be there by dinner Nefer started, clearly startled as he blinked and turned to look to the old magi, “ahhh…….yea……” he frowned as he looked back to the others, Rham looking back to him, nodding subtly, Nefer sighed, for once torn, wanting to learn more, talk more, but the desire to get back to his female was also tugging at him. Sighing again his eyes hardened “No tricks, I don’t care if you claim to be my family, or youre lying, I will kill you if you harm my female” he snarled before he shifted and loped back towards the temple, shifting before he reached the temple and walked in, sniffing the air he turned, heading to the main room, following the scents, unsure where his Priestess would be

She retired to nap for a bit after speaking with the God's and Goddesses.

One of the young priests bowed slightly to him as he entered the main room.

We have already requested they be ready to deliver her meal to her chambers just in case.

Nefer looked around as servants, priests, and acolytes bustled around their duties, families and kids still quietly talking with the priests after service, his gaze shifting as one approached him with a bow She retired to nap for a bit after speaking with the God's and Goddesses, We have already requested they be ready to deliver her meal to her chambers just in case. Nefer nodded smiling “Thank you” he returned the bow “I will call when she is again awake, she needs her rest, the Magi will be returning, and we will have guests, “ the servant nodded and scrambled off, Nefer’s smile left, again his conflicted mind returned to what had happened with their hunt, turning he made his way to one of the worship rooms he’d frequented with his female when she held council and worship. Closing the doors quietly he looked around the room, sighing. While he’d listened to the sermons and prayers, he hardly knew where to begin, to many questions plagued his mind, he still felt off, and while his beast had calmed and wasn’t as on edge regarding their intruders, the human part of him still felt off with the revelation about the hyena’s, “I hardly know where to begin” he said to the empty air as he looked about the room “I find myself in need of……guidance, I am………….at odds……..”

Sekmet appeared in the room.

You have questions my warrior? Khonsu speaks of guests who mistake one of his Magi Elders for him?

She sat on the steps watching him.

You have questions my warrior? Khonsu speaks of guests who mistake one of his Magi Elders for him? Nefer half turned, bowing as the goddess appeared before him “I am………..conflicted……………”he looked to her, “I am unsure if I can trust what they say, as much as I had wanted to find the pride I was taken from, is it too good a chance that they heard of me and came looking?” he paced “as far as Khonsu, that I am unsure, they know not of the gods of this land I think, they were confused, all they really sensed was the power from the old magi, “ he shook his head and sighs “I wont allow the priestess to come to harm again, but I think……………….i don’t know, I think I want to find out if they are indeed part of the pride I came from, I dunno.” His face shut down, frowning, “as I said, I am…….confused……again something new has arrived in my life after ive gotten comfortable here, and now it could change again” he hesitated “Not that I will ever leave of course “ he spoke quickly, incase his words were mis spoken

Bring them to me. I will be by the ancient well west of the temple. Bast and I will await you there.

She smiled to him tousling his hair as a parent would a child unsure how to calm the confusion as battle was her forte.

Bring them to me. I will be by the ancient well west of the temple. Bast and I will await you there. Nefer nodded, his eyes downcast as he continued to think, the ruffle of his hair however made him smile, and tingle of magic as it traced down his spine at her touch caused him to involuntarily purr, taking in a breath “thank you my goddess” he smiled, just that simple touch had calmed some of the fear, knowing that at least the Goddess was watching over them. Making his way towards his room he silently slipped into the room and closed the door, sighing softly as he made his way to the bed, running his hand lightly through her hair he shed his robe and shirt and slid into bed with her, kissing her forehead gently* “I have returned to you my priestess” he said quietly, smiling as he purred

She woke a little and snuggled close with a smile.

Is everything alright Nefer love?

He seemed tense as they snuggled.

Is everything alright Nefer love? He smiled gently, running his hand through her hair then down her back, idly tracing along her spine “yes………..no………maybe…..” he said, sighing “we found the lion, or in this case, Pride, who’d been stalking the area, they claim to be my pride, my family, or, relatives, at least, They’d heard rumor from the pack of hyena’s who attacked us that you, and the others here in this temple were keeping a Black furred lion as a pet, a slave, they’d come to find out of the rumor’s were true and I was who they think I am, there was a brief fight, but once I shifted and they saw my fur they stopped their attack” he quieted, his brows drawing down, frowning, unsure “i…………………..i am conflicted………confused…………they smell of earth, and plains, “ he quieted again, then shook his head, burying his face in her hair, taking in her scent, letting it cocoon him, calm him “I sought direct from the gods, Sekmet bayed I bring them here, to let her judge…..I…….” his voice trailed off, “even if what they say is true, my place is here, with you” he said, even as young as he was his voice held finality

I would like to be there when she meets with them.

She had been concerned till he said he would stay with her.

Snuggling up with him with a smile.

I would like to be there when she meets with them. Nefer didn’t miss how tense she’d gotten, and he didn’t like that she had till he felt her relax after he’d told her he was staying, his brow quirked in question, his eyes moving as he thought about the last few minutes, then returned her smile when she snuggled into him and he wrapped his arms tighter around her “whatever my life may have been with those who claim to be family, my life is now here, never doubt that my priestess” he kissed her, his arms wrapped tight around her, his skin warmer then normal as his beast rippled across his skin, as if stretching to rub against her through his body. “I still have concern for the threat from the clans, I still cant understand what they are planning, you would think they’d have ceased their actions, having witnessed just what this temple and its people are able to do, “ he couldn’t stop the growl of irritation that rumbled his chest the gods have said they’d taken care of the problem, “ he shook his head, his face showing his concern without words

Their way of taking care of problems differs from mortal ways. Theirs are more far reaching through lands and time

She was still unsure of meeting these other felines but she knew he would keep her safe.

Their way of taking care of problems differs from mortal ways. Theirs are more far reaching through lands and time nefer grunted in ascent, his priestess was still uneasy, her hesitation and nervousness peppered the air, and he stroked her back, dipping his head down to kiss her, wanting to silence those worries, needed too, rolling he pulled her on top of him, his eyes hooded “I will protect you priestess, I swore an oath” his voice was light, a smile tugging at his lips as he looked up to her

She nodded smiling.

I know but I have seen the bonds of family being stronger than anything else. If they are your family...

I know but I have seen the bonds of family being stronger than anything else. If they are your family... a low rumble echoed from his lips, his eyes sharpening “YOU, are my family, this temple, is my family, I don’t know them, I don’t remember them” he growled low, he stared at her, his eyes shimmering with determination “If they are who they say they are, then maybe they too can be of use, but I will die before I leave your side my love” he stated heatedly, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her neck, his teeth set gently into her neck, a possessive display before he kissed her, “ Imagine, you become known as the Priestess of felines, “ he suddenly smiled “2 cheetahs, and a pride of lions at your side against anyone who would dare challenge or cross this temple, would definitely give the hyena’s pause, or perhaps get word back to whoever is still behind the attacks” he purred then, laying his body against hers

Sekmet and Bast are two of the Goddesses I was always closest to. Yes... I like that.

She smiled snuggling close against him

Sekmet and Bast are two of the Goddesses I was always closest to…… Yes... I like that. Nefer just chuckled, the sounds of the temple winding down as the moon rose, he lay there for a while, just holding her, listening to their breathing, the peace they had at that moment, he idly stroked her back, occasionally he’d stroke a hand through her hair, his mind elsewhere as he thought about events, memories, what could he have done better, he’d become critical of himself after the hyena attack in the town square. He was still young, not yet even 20 summers, and yet he felt as if he’d lived ages now. The last year so much had changed, from being a slave trained to kill, to being the lover and guardian to a priestess, to meeting the gods and finding a place of his own. Had it really only been so little time? “do you………………..regret?..........not knowing?” he said quietly, as he shifted to look down at her “your past, I mean, “

I was found as an infant. What does an infant truly know. This is the only life I have known.

She snuggled and closed her eyes.

So when will they arrive? The magic are always back by dinner.

I was found as an infant. What does an infant truly know. This is the only life I have known. Nefer couldn’t help but smile “now that I think about it, I think ive asked you that question already im sorry” he smiled “but I find it curious that we had so similar of lives up to this point, “ his nose flared as he inhaled, purring softly as he stroked and rubbed her back So when will they arrive? The magi are always back by dinner. he nodded gently “they are being given a hut just outside the temple, we decided we didn’t want them in the temple yet, until the Goddess has a chance to confront them, but they are free to come and go for now as long as they have a guard or two” nefer Stretched and growled softly before settling again “are you hungry? The servants have food prepared, I told them I would send for them when you woke, I wanted you to get some rest” he nuzzled his cheek against hers

Back