Border politics

OldJourno

Literotica Guru
Haven't been in the business for a while but I still have my contacts in the business. I am hearing there could be major trouble brewing for Trump.
There is talk that Trump is trying to fire up the base and is taking dangerous steps to that end. Believe it or not, operatives working at Trump's behest are selling rifles, pistols and ammo for pennies on the peso out of motel rooms located south of the border. The idea is that at some point one of those guns will come across the border and be used in some heinous crime, a crime Trump can use to whip his followers into a frenzy.
That's bad enough, but now I'm hearing it's very possible one of those guns was used in the killing of a Border Patrol agent.
If this is true, Trump will be drummed from office in a matter of months.

Haven't been in the business for a while but I still have my contacts in the business. I am hearing there could be major trouble brewing for Trump.
There is talk that Trump is trying to fire up the base and is taking dangerous steps to that end. Believe it or not, operatives working at Trump's behest are selling rifles, pistols and ammo for pennies on the peso out of motel rooms located south of the border. The idea is that at some point one of those guns will come across the border and be used in some heinous crime, a crime Trump can use to whip his followers into a frenzy.
That's bad enough, but now I'm hearing it's very possible one of those guns was used in the killing of a Border Patrol agent.

Did you hear about this via the bat signal?

You should use the "Sarcasm" emoticon. Otherwise people might take you seriously when you write about what should have been an Obama/Holder scandal (Fast and Furious), except that it was swept under the rug. :D

Border Politics: Folks in Bisbee, an old mining capitol turned hippie artist retreat on the Arizona-Sonora border, are mixed.

Owners of multiple old mining shacks are happy with the souped-up ICE / border patrol presence because guaranteed rental income. Ranchers on the outskirts REALLY don't like mojados crossing and fouling their lands. Sympathetic libs leave flagged water rations staked out to save crossers' lives. The Army's huge stator / surveillance blimp at nearby Ft Huachuca sees everything within 100 miles, including swimming-pool orgies. Cover up, folks.

Border towns typically have low crime rates. Further from the border, I can't say. Your politics may depend on who has been beaten or robbed lately, and by whom.

A peso is a little more than a nickel, so "pennies on the peso" is pretty near parity.

Gun and ammo sales are way down, and prices dropped substantially after gun shops stocked up, anticipating a Clinton win.

The shopkeepers know how gun owners think. If they believe something is going to become illegal, they have to buy up a bunch of them beforehand. Funny how they consider themselves to be law-abiding citizens.

Last edited:
Since these clowns want to bring up the past: Texas was a part of Mexico.

Since Texas is such a shit hole these days, we should probably give it back to them so that they can clean it up.

Since Texas is such a shit hole these days, we should probably give it back to them so that they can clean it up.
Slave-holding Texans seceded from no-slavery Mexico so they could, y'know, own slaves and shit. Mexico was/is probably better off without Texas and Texans, who talk funny.

I've long thought the US should have given Florida to Cuba. Then we wouldn't have to pay to rebuild their drowned trailer parks and crack labs.

But I've moved on. All the traitor states that seceded from the United States of America in the War of Southern Treason should be expelled from the United States of America. Now. Let-em pay their own fucking bills and stop leeching off the productive Blue states. Bye-bye and don't let the door hit your ass.

Maybe you should move to Mexico Dick.

Looks like some more reinventing History here...

I wonder what the intersection of people who hate Walmart and the People who hate Texas looks like.

Maybe you should move to Mexico Dick.
We've lived in Mexico and Guatemala. We wouldn't move south permanently because we're anchored stateside but they're mighty tempting, and still pretty safe for expats, who can live like royalty off pension or Social Security checks.

For gringos, Latin America has much going for it, and much going against it. Different cultures and perceptions, 'migo. Less highway safety enforcement -- if you die on the road, that's God's will, so pray harder. More sex motels. Cheaper medical care and supplies, often first-class. Emphasis on family. Awareness of the police state. Many military road checkpoints, but they don't much bother the cartels. Anti-Indio (indigenous) racism, and wealth extremes, that make USA look tame and liberal. And more population uphill than along coasts.

Give Texas to Mexico? Naw, we need a buffer state between Mexico and USA. The new nation of Atlan comprises the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Baja California Norte, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, León, and Tamaulipas. We'll donate San Diego and Imperial counties in California too. National food: nachos. National animal: javelina, wild hogs. National song: La Cucaracha.

Or we can inflate Texas, float it out to sea, and sink it. Your choice.

We've lived in Mexico and Guatemala. We wouldn't move south permanently because we're anchored stateside but they're mighty tempting, and still pretty safe for expats, who can live like royalty off pension or Social Security checks.

For gringos, Latin America has much going for it, and much going against it. Different cultures and perceptions, 'migo. Less highway safety enforcement -- if you die on the road, that's God's will, so pray harder. More sex motels. Cheaper medical care and supplies, often first-class. Emphasis on family. Awareness of the police state. Many military road checkpoints, but they don't much bother the cartels. Anti-Indio (indigenous) racism, and wealth extremes, that make USA look tame and liberal. And more population uphill than along coasts.

Give Texas to Mexico? Naw, we need a buffer state between Mexico and USA. The new nation of Atlan comprises the states of Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Baja California Norte, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, León, and Tamaulipas. We'll donate San Diego and Imperial counties in California too. National food: nachos. National animal: javelina, wild hogs. National song: La Cucaracha.

Or we can inflate Texas, float it out to sea, and sink it. Your choice.

I think things are fine how they are. More Carne Adovada would be okay though.

Could Illinois be the first state to file for bankruptcy?

Speaking of shit holes...

Illinois residents may feel some solidarity with the likes of Puerto Rico and Detroit.

A financial crunch is spiraling into a serious problem for Illinois lawmakers, prompting some observers to wonder if the state might make history by becoming the first to go bankrupt. At the moment, it's impossible for a state to file for bankruptcy protection, which is only afforded to counties and municipalities like Detroit.

Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection could be extended to states if Congress took up the issue, although Stanford Law School professor Michael McConnell noted in an article last year that he believed the precedents are iffy for extending the option to states. Nevertheless, Illinois is in a serious financial pickle, which is why radical options such as bankruptcy are being floated as potential solutions.

Ratings agency Moody's Investor Service earlier this month downgraded Illinois' general obligation bonds to its lowest investment grade rating, citing the state's growing pile of unpaid bills and its mounting pension deficit. Illinois, by the way, has the lowest credit rating of any state. Lower ratings mean higher borrowing costs, since lenders view such borrowers as riskier bets.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/could-illinois-be-the-first-state-to-file-for-bankruptcy/

Chicago Records 500th homicide for 2017

Speaking of shit holes, part deux...

Chicago has reached a bloody milestone amid a particularly deadly weekend that saw at least 10 people killed and 31 others wounded in shootings across the city.

The weekend killings lifted the city to more than 500 homicides for the year so far, according to data from the Chicago Tribune.

Chicago police said that as of Sunday evening 490 homicides had been reported for the year, but the department's statistics don't include killings on area expressways, police-involved shootings, self-defense killings or death investigations.

Last year, which became of Chicago's bloodiest in decades, the city recorded its 500th homicide in late-August.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Records-500th-Homicide-for-2017-Report-445321293.html

Is Chicago really that corrupt? Yes

Speaking of shit holes, part trois...

Most aldermen, most politicians are hos," corrupt Chicago Ald. Arenda Troutman said, rather famously, on federal tape.

She wasn't speaking about gardening tools, was she?

Troutman was talking about the politics of Chicago, which is, if you've forgotten, the political corruption capital of the United States

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...and-corruption-kass-1215-20161214-column.html

God Bless Texas!
Texas is all sedimentary debris washed down from New Mexico's mountains. There would be no Texas at all without erosion.

And they lie. There's no peyote growing around Pyote, Texas, only Jimson weed and tumbleweeds, which are a lousy high. But Jimson weed activates you. Alternate reality is a trip. Texas almost looks real.

Last edited:
Texas is all sedimentary debris washed down from New Mexico's mountains. There would be no Texas at all without erosion.

And they lie. There's no peyote growing around Pyote, Texas, only Jimson weed and tumbleweeds, which are a lousy high. But Jimson weed activates you. Alternate reality is a trip. Texas almost looks real.

Smoking tumbleweed?

I have no words.

Back