The Reluctant Other Man/Woman

SEVERUSMAX

Benevolent Master
I think that in far too many stories, the other guy is assumed to be an eager playboy with no ethics or scruples, or else a complete wimp who just goes along with the wife's plans, or else a ruthless SOB who wants to ruin and emasculate the husband.

But what of men who don't plan to sleep with another man's wife, who even resist it, but for some reason, have trouble saying no or resisting.....if it can work for cheating wives and husbands, why not for the other man or woman? Yes, this could work for the other woman, too. Just think how many people that you have wanted to sleep with, but stopped because they were in a strictly monogamous relationship/marriage.....I know that I have. Now imagine conditions that amplify the temptation and make it even harder to resist? If this can happen to the straying spouse, what about the other person?

But what of men who don't plan to sleep with another man's wife, who even resist it, but for some reason, have trouble saying no or resisting.....if it can work for cheating wives and husbands, why not for the other man or woman?
Let's see if I have this straight. Mike and Maggie are married. Fred and Frieda are married. Restless Maggie wants to seduce Fred, who is reluctant to cheat on Frieda. The story explores their developing interactions, if any, especially Fred's evolving thoughts. Is that the sort of scenario you see?

Your example seems to fit into your "wimp who just goes along with the plan" criterion.

I think that in far too many stories, the other guy is assumed to be an eager playboy with no ethics or scruples, or else a complete wimp who just goes along with the wife's plans, or else a ruthless SOB who wants to ruin and emasculate the husband.

But what of men who don't plan to sleep with another man's wife, who even resist it, but for some reason, have trouble saying no or resisting.....if it can work for cheating wives and husbands, why not for the other man or woman? Yes, this could work for the other woman, too. Just think how many people that you have wanted to sleep with, but stopped because they were in a strictly monogamous relationship/marriage.....I know that I have. Now imagine conditions that amplify the temptation and make it even harder to resist? If this can happen to the straying spouse, what about the other person?

Interesting concept in that its an unusual take on a site like this....reality, real life hesitation and conflict.

My opinion would be it may not do to well, people don't want to be reminded of reality and guilt and what ifs and fall out, they want the playboy who would fuck his best friends wife if he turned his back on him or the wife that just does as she pleases and all partners are more than happy to wreck a marriage.

If you could put enough drama and reasoning behind it, it could play okay in romance. But you would need to make it as much about an emotional attraction as the physical

Kind of like you with whatever your dad wanted?

You just follow me around the board with your nose up my ass, don't you? :D An obsessed sicko. Obsessed with incest too--that obsession to torture and fuck your sister.

Last edited:
Interesting

This idea sounds interesting. I find it easier to get into a story if it is closer to reality. It prevents me from being distracted by constantly criticizing it.

I think other people like this idea as well since media with similar scenarios are well received. However, the scenario you propose may require more time to construct than the generic instantly give in type of stories.

This idea sounds interesting. I find it easier to get into a story if it is closer to reality. It prevents me from being distracted by constantly criticizing it.

I think other people like this idea as well since media with similar scenarios are well received. However, the scenario you propose may require more time to construct than the generic instantly give in type of stories.

This is kind of a slippery slope. Many times I've gotten mentally involved with a story because it did seem so realistic, and I usually saw it as a good thing. However, reading a realistic story that involves reluctant cheating, and the mental/emotional anguish to follow could be hard to like. For many people, that is. The folks that get off on cheating and humiliation would probably love it. That brings up why it would take time and writing skills to do well, as opposed to the story-land characters that resist the urge for four seconds before jumping out of their clothes and accidentally having page-turning sex for six hours.

If you think the BTB haters in the LW category were bad before, this type of story would probably bring them out in droves.

----------------------

I thought the OP's intro was kind of misleading (or maybe I haven't had enough coffee). In my mind, this is what they were saying:

Wife1 and Hubby1 are friends with Wife2 and Hubby2, and they are all happy in a monogamous relationship. Wife1 and Hubby2 have flirted (mostly) innocently for a few years; they are attracted to each other, but they know they shouldn't do anything naughty because of the problems it would create.
One night at a party at W2&H2's hours the drinks are flowing liberally, and Wife2 and Hubby1 pass out early. Wife1 and Hubby2 had too much RedBull in their vodka, so while they are still intoxicated, they are also wide awake. They see the rest of the party has died around them, and while Hubby2 wants to go to bed, Wife1's inhibitions have flown the coop. She flirts and he responds in kind, but his heart really isn't in it.
Time passes while she flirts heavier, and he excuses himself to go change for bed, loving the attention but knowing they must stop. She gives him a minute, then follows him into the master bathroom. She barges in while he's half dressed and her mouth and breasts assault him. He tries to resist, but his defenses don't last long, and they go about making a mess on the counter/shower/toilet.

OP: Is this kind of what you meant?

More that there was a magnetic draw and attraction that they are resisting, trying to fight off. Temptation, in other words. It's called that for a reason. The other guy or gal is trying to be good, but the actions of the object of their desire aren't making it easy.

There was a song by Black Hawk by this, called "Just Go," IIRC. It's about a guy who is trying not to pursue another man's wife/fiancee, but he is having to fight his own natural urges to seek her out. And she isn't helping him with some mixed signals.

Back