The Official Author's Hangout Earth Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

With all this talk about multiple entries I thought it might be appropriate to repost this here (it was originally posted on the Authors Hangout LITEROTICA /A.I.R. 2012-15 Themed Contest Support Thread. A.I.R. believes that too many of the “old boys” (and girls) in AHland are abusing the system as they pump multiple entries out to jump the queue. This lowering of the quality standards is one of the main reasons our readers no longer care about these contests. A.I.R. is striving to do better…

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2013 Sexy April Contest

As many of you know A.I.R. only accepts one entry per author into its themed contests (except for MANU Award winners and Top 10 MOST ). And so we ask all LITEROTICA authors to do a little soul searching before they submit to us. We only want your best work – not these half assed, unedited efforts that seem to spring from AH author after AH author the second one of these contests begin. A.I.R. wants QUALITY not QUANTITY!

tumblr_mgj08rr3bt1qd2dcwo1_500.gif

Choices, choices, choices …Do I submit A or B or C or…

Given all his timely advice I have to ask: Is it time to bring oggy back as threadmaster?

image.php

Last edited:
For any newbies around, please ignore the posts from scouries or his propaganda alt scouiesworld.

There is no such thing as the AIR association. It is fake.

There is also no other contest for this time of year except the one right here and it is Earth Day. Any April contest you hear about is fake and an attempt to undermine the real contest.

I'm in. Just finished edits and submitted.

Feels good to be back in the game!

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with on this theme.

I read a few posts querying whether entries had to be directly Earth Day oriented.

In launching the contest, Laurel made it clear that that anything related to the great outdoors was fine. Sex in the yard meets requirements!

I though mine was finished but on rereading it, I've decided to add to it. :rolleyes:

I hope it's a short addition.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, Tx. Except I want to change a few things about my second story. Dunno if I'll have it done in time for the first day of the contest.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, Tx. Except I want to change a few things about my second story. Dunno if I'll have it done in time for the first day of the contest.

The ending seemed a little abrupt with a few too many loose ends.

I'm liking the way it's flowing now a lot better.

One of my Earth Day stories has gone off on a tangent. It is turning into a platoon size battle scene when the main characters should be having sex.:(

Is anyone else noticing troubles with the Lit server for the past few hours? I can't log onto my author's account, and the hubris seems to be having problems.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems to be okay now.

Last edited:
Is anyone else noticing troubles with the Lit server for the past few hours? I can't log onto my author's account, and the hubris seems to be having problems.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems to be okay now.

Yes. I had problems a couple of hours ago, but it seems back to normal now.

Mine is finished for the second time. :rolleyes:

Now to give it a little time to mellow and then reread.

I might get it out by tomorrow.

Submitted the first one. My first submission to Lit in about three years. I felt the butterflies for just a second once I hit the "submit" button. :D

Let the roller-coaster begin!

And we're off! Good luck everybody.

Sorry if I've been lax in my duties as thread leader -- Mr Penn was sick, now I'm sick, PennGirl was kind of sick, Mr Penn has a cold again... this weather sucks.

Sorry if I've been lax in my duties as thread leader -- Mr Penn was sick, now I'm sick, PennGirl was kind of sick, Mr Penn has a cold again... this weather sucks.

We've got ya covered. ;)

image.php

Of course, as you well know, the correct title is THREADMISTRESS.

However we are delighted to have you back - hopefully you'll be able to raise the quality of thread discussion from the depths it fell to during your absence.

And FYI the weather down here is absolutely perfect this morning. Perhaps you and the rest of the tiger family should contemplate moving south. Not only is Florida now the home of quality basketball it is also noted as a land of brilliant LITEROTICA "THREADMASTERS/THREADMISTRESSES."...

Congrats! Enjoy the ride.

Good luck!

Thank you both, and same to you. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Honestly, I was a little surprised to see how quickly my story went up. Pleasantly surprised, but still.

We've been going through some ups and downs here as well. I think ours are due to allergies more than anything else, but it's rough this year.

Last edited:
Aiiieeee. Love my plot. Hate the way I structured it. Total rewrite. Must scramble to hit deadline. (Imagine mass frantic-ness.)

Aiiieeee. Love my plot. Hate the way I structured it. Total rewrite. Must scramble to hit deadline. (Imagine mass frantic-ness.)

Oh, do I know how that feels. I'm in the midst of restructuring my second story right now.

But don't force it Carlie; looks like contest entries are going up pretty damn fast, and there's a couple weeks to the contest.

Good luck.

You have time. Today's just the start. And some might argue you do better submitting later.

Thank you both, and same to you. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Honestly, I was a little surprised to see how quickly my story went up. Pleasantly surprised, but still.

We've been going through some ups and downs here as well. I think ours are due to allergies more than anything else, but it's rough this year.

The last contest, Valentine's Day, she was posting the stories up the day after they were submitted. Looks like Laurel is doing the same thing this contest.

Back