Wiggle My Mouse, Baby : )

Munky was the first to troll. Query won the war. Putting that much effort into trolling just means you're pathetic in real life.

Last edited:
Munky was the first to troll. Query won the war. Putting that much effort into trolling just means you're pathetic in real life.

Last edited:
Does it need to be a device or can it be a program. If you google mouse recorder you can record your mouse movements. Just get one that records and you can play on a loop.

drinkz is correct... no unauthorized programs. *sigh*
Thank you for the suggestion, though. :)

Use an analog watch (or analog alarm clock) with a second hand. Put the mouse onto the watch-face, and the ticking will 'jiggle' the mouse every so often.

ETA: this work very very well with an optical mouse.

Last edited:
One final method! And I know this works because I've just tried it....

Take your smartphone
Play a youtube video on it (the official video of Latch by Disclosure works a treat)
Lay it flat on the desk screen facing upwards
Put the optical mouse on top of the screen.

The cursor dances around as the images change on the screen.

Sorted.

One final method! And I know this works because I've just tried it....

Take your smartphone
Play a youtube video on it (the official video of Latch by Disclosure works a treat)
Lay it flat on the desk screen facing upwards
Put the optical mouse on top of the screen.

The cursor dances around as the images change on the screen.

Sorted.

Sorted, indeed :) thanks!! :rose:

Oh yes, and force him to watch clips of The Tonight Show, Clockwork Orange style while he is at it!! :eek::)

Yes, sensory deprived, except the vision of Johnny Carson playing in his head.
Serves him right for pawing you the last time we were on his show.

If you have Excel, record a macro that simply moves to a new cell and inputs a generic value. Then edit the macro in the VBA Editor to loop every 5 minutes and your done. You could leave for days and look active.

If you have Excel, record a macro that simply moves to a new cell and inputs a generic value. Then edit the macro in the VBA Editor to loop every 5 minutes and your done. You could leave for days and look active.

Another excellent option.... thanks! :)

Last edited:
This may or may not work. If the software determining the movement of the mouse is getting information from the Windows API, it may. If it's going directly to the device driver, it won't.

True. Also the VBA macro recorder doesn't actually record mouse events per-se, rather it records cell, or range activations, which are the result of mouse clocks or keyboard presses.

So, if actual mouse movement is what needs to be replicated, this won't do it.

The, 'nuke it from orbit solution', has to involve mouse movement data going in over the USB. Anything else relies on the logging software hooking into the protocol stack at a higher level than that at which the forged data is being injected.

Back