Apocalypse to Genesis

Black_Bird

Not Innocent
What, in your life time, changed your world the most. How did it change for the better? How did it change for the worse? How did it change you?

What, in your life time, changed you the most? Again, how did you change for the better? How did you change for the worse? How did it change the world around you?

Now I want you to concider those two changes as being Apocalypse and your life before those changes, Genesis. Now rewrite your the story of your life, event by event, *starting* with the events of your personal Apocalypse, and ending with the events of Genesis.

Black_Bird said:
What, in your life time, changed your world the most. How did it change for the better? How did it change for the worse? How did it change you?

What, in your life time, changed you the most? Again, how did you change for the better? How did you change for the worse? How did it change the world around you?

Now I want you to concider those two changes as being Apocalypse and your life before those changes, Genesis. Now rewrite your the story of your life, event by event, *starting* with the events of your personal Apocalypse, and ending with the events of Genesis.

Wait... Is that two different apocalypses and stories, one personal, and one worldly? Is one of those the Genesis, and the other the Apocalypse? Is that a completely chronologically reversed story, of neccessity? Should I spell each word backwards?

I think this could be two threads, the way I'm reading it.

Way 1 - Think back when your world changed the most. What happened? How was life different before and after?

Way 2 - Same as above, but introspective... when YOU changed the most.

Maybe bust it into just the latter, or both...?

I could be reading this wrong.

Blackbird be between that philosophical drunk and that "hey you mofuks what de sheets dis.." drunk:D

Mine:

I began to realize the importance and power of human relationships when she left me. It tore me apart, but I now knew human connection and became much wiser because of it. I saw humans needed one another in ways that I never drempt.

Inbetween us grew a web of communication, that touched each of us and allowed each to speak without fear. All parts of humanity quickly began to tap into the web, feeding off the information there in.

There was a man who I thought was my companion. He would humiliate me and judge me. I found others who would not judge. The web expanded.

And I began learning about myself, expanding my vision in all directions. I learned what my will is, I learned what my ideals are, I learned secrets of being and becoming. These were the arts of the soul; rituals of fire, prayers of blood.

And I was quite. I learned from the quite. That which was sexual was beyond me, so I waited and learned.

Then I broke away from the expectations of others; I was not willing to be anyone else but myself. I rebelled through poetry, through ideas and through words. I wanted to be free to express myself to others; I wanted to be a part of the web of humanity.

After that, there was a time when I wasn't in control at all. I no longer knew who I was, and was faced with daily questions of self worth brought on by conflict after conflict. I was tired. I had tried to make peace among them, but they would not be still.

So I became innocent, and did not know of these problems. And then I was born.

AzureAngel said:
I think this could be two threads, the way I'm reading it.

Way 1 - Think back when your world changed the most. What happened? How was life different before and after?

Way 2 - Same as above, but introspective... when YOU changed the most.

Maybe bust it into just the latter, or both...?

I could be reading this wrong.

Yes... Yes.

Both.

No, you aren't.

Nice one B_B. Too early for me to post, but I wish I'd really done this as young as you
"Then I broke away from the expectations of others; I was not willing to be anyone else but myself."

freescorfr said:
Nice one B_B. Too early for me to post, but I wish I'd really done this as young as you
"Then I broke away from the expectations of others; I was not willing to be anyone else but myself."

Isn't it odd how your life makes more sense in reverse then it does forward? It almost sounds like a God being born, if you write it in such a way.

Black_Bird said:

How much time do you think I have?!?!:confused:
It's bad enough that Lit's sucked up just hours and hours of exam studying time, I CANNOT handle something this indepth right now.

How about someone teaches me Finance, instead?

P.S. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Sorry BB......

Black_Bird said:
Mine:

I began to realize the importance and power of human relationships when she left me. It tore me apart, but I now knew human connection and became much wiser because of it. I saw humans needed one another in ways that I never drempt.

Inbetween us grew a web of communication, that touched each of us and allowed each to speak without fear. All parts of humanity quickly began to tap into the web, feeding off the information there in.

There was a man who I thought was my companion. He would humiliate me and judge me. I found others who would not judge. The web expanded.

And I began learning about myself, expanding my vision in all directions. I learned what my will is, I learned what my ideals are, I learned secrets of being and becoming. These were the arts of the soul; rituals of fire, prayers of blood.

And I was quite. I learned from the quite. That which was sexual was beyond me, so I waited and learned.

Then I broke away from the expectations of others; I was not willing to be anyone else but myself. I rebelled through poetry, through ideas and through words. I wanted to be free to express myself to others; I wanted to be a part of the web of humanity.

After that, there was a time when I wasn't in control at all. I no longer knew who I was, and was faced with daily questions of self worth brought on by conflict after conflict. I was tired. I had tried to make peace among them, but they would not be still.

So I became innocent, and did not know of these problems. And then I was born.

You aren't drunk on booze, you're drunk on sorrow! Volumns have been written on your situation and not one of them is worth a damn! Take the time to savor the memories but don't dwell on them. Dwell on the reason this one is gone, because the right one is still out there waiting!

RhumbRunner:cool:

Re: Sorry BB......

RhumbRunner13 said:
You aren't drunk on booze, you're drunk on sorrow!

No... I'm not drunk on sorrow either. [Valley Girl Voice]I am *so* over it...[/Valley Girl Voice] but, in all honesty, the end of my first relationship *did* change me the most so far. Not complaining; it's just the truth.

Although, I am looking for a new *better* Apocalypse. ;)

Black_Bird said:

First books - certain authors... when in my teens... Heinlien. In my late 20's Robert Anton Wilson. In my late 20's 30's Wilson, Leary, Robbins, Crowley, Octavio Paz.

Mid 30's to the present. The Internet.

For the better.

Books - Showed me the world. Possibilities. That there are many ways to see things and all are right and all are wrong.

The Internet. That I can be exactly who I am and that other people accept me as I am.

Back