Self-objectification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that goes back to the scathing part...I understand he's making a simplification but with that will always comes sweeping generalizations and dramatizations. And I'm not entirely sure if culture is solely owned by humans. I shall ponder this.

Well, I see your point. And keep in mind that audience for that piece is considered to be children and younger humans.

Not solely owned by humans, but it's basically there because of us.

hey gorgeous, haven't been around in a while, but I'm back now and I will hopefully have the time to go through what I've missed on your thread.

Hope you're doing well and we'll chat soon :)

Culture

I might do battle with you on that last note of yours.. ;)

Culture, as I understand it, is anything not hard wired into the DNA. It is well documented that many other species exhibit culture. There are species of crow, for example, that crack acorns by wedging them into the cracks of skylights. This behavior isn't instinctive. It is passed culturally. Seagulls have similar learned behaviors that exist only in specific groups.

I'm assuming that this is what you were referring to...

Funnily enough, so am I ;)

Fflow beat us to it.

Culture, as I understand it, is anything not hard wired into the DNA. It is well documented that many other species exhibit culture. There are species of crow, for example, that crack acorns by wedging them into the cracks of skylights. This behavior isn't instinctive. It is passed culturally. Seagulls have similar learned behaviors that exist only in specific groups.

I'm assuming that this is what you were referring to...

It was. Thanks for puncturing the promising duel between myself and Dionysian Beast ;)

How's your week going ?:kiss:

It's off to a lovely start! How's yours?

The Parasite

I have
Traveled
Most of the
Globe
On the
Backs
Of people
Whose
Lives
Are
Held
Together
By the
Wars
They fight.

Last edited:
Good looking paintings btw and you look amazing as usual. Dont let anyone ever tell you differently. You are a beautiful girl. And I mean that. See you around sometime.

--D

Last edited:
You've got a nice brain on you.

I'm inclined to think the same of you :) (thank you)

What is this artistic upheaval that you speak of??? :)

It's a devious plan for world domination through nonviolent love and creative expression. Or something like that...

What the hell? lol We should still have our discussion, though ;)

You're always one for a fight.. ;)

BUMP

Hope all is well...

Things are busy! Heading in to finals week right now..up to my elbows in charcoal, black paint, poems, and papers. :D

Glad to be of service!

:)

You have
tightened
many a
pair of
dampened
pants
by sharing
your
light
on Lit.

xoxo

f(s)

Thank you for the poem darling, it certainly made me blush! And want to give you a kiss or five :kiss:

Good looking paintings btw and you look amazing as usual. Dont let anyone ever tell you differently. You are a beautiful girl. And I mean that. See you around sometime.

--D

Well look who's back! Thanks for swinging by and for your kind words :kiss:

great, just great.

Damn straight.

;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back