Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 09-15-2018, 08:08 PM   #101
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
.................

Last edited by KindofHere : 10-03-2018 at 07:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2018, 11:36 PM   #102
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
Determined opposition.

Bramblethorn disagreed with me from the start, and it started with her eye-rolling initialism to dismiss my attempt to get people on topic. Her use of Chyna and WWE deaths was absurd in the fact that their drug use were their own life choices and comparing a WWE Diva to a Prostitute is like comparing a musician to prostitute or an actress or a model, or any professions where drug/alcohol induced death is sensationalized and then romanticized.
Somehow, whenever something goes bad in a sex worker's life, that's held up as proof that the entire industry is rotten. But when a long long list of WWF/WWE veterans are dying extraordinarily young by ODs, painkillers, and heart attacks, that's just several dozen individuals who all happen to be making the same "bad life choices".

Quote:
Every post she made had at least one contrary point, however small, just so she could remain behind her line in the sand. She even pulled at threads in my cellist link because it was mine—
Nope. I would have made pretty much the same comment had anybody posted that link. I don't have any particular beef with you. In fact, if you check other recent threads, you'll probably find me arguing more often with Simon than with you.

I would also remind you that you have repeatedly PMed me asking for maths help in interpreting voting patterns on your stories, and I have done my best to help with those queries. Does that seem like the behaviour of somebody who's carrying a grudge against you?

You seem to have a lot of difficulty here accepting the possibility that people simply don't agree with the opinions you're posting, that the things you consider "inherent" and universal don't look that way to others.

Quote:
that cellist is highly accomplished, but because it was not the classical sit in a chair and move your head and not your body, there had to be something off about it. She critiqued a persons means of expression when that was one of her points on agree with Ruben. (How do they know what is overacted?)
What I actually said was: "YMMV, but for me that video is trying a bit too hard to be sexy and actually ends up less sexy as a result." Clearly qualified as a personal opinion, with acknowledgement that you might not see it that way.

Contrast to your posts where you assume that anybody who disagrees with the idea that yoga is "inherently sexy" must be falsifying their own beliefs for the sake of argument.

Quote:
Long enough story shorter: Bramble and Notwise decided to oppose me (which is fine) at every turn (which is not due to the arguments they presented) which made ending this conversation with them in a nice way almost impossible. They needed to be adversarial even when it became silly to do so (and that's what bothers me most about those two, not that they disagreed, but the lengths that they went to to continue disagreeing).
FWIW, I have no time for people who falsely ascribe motivations to me. It's the fastest way to get on my ignore list, which I will now be activating. Next time you want assistance with the stuff you've been PMing me about, you will need to find somebody else.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #103
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
..............

Last edited by KindofHere : 10-03-2018 at 07:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 02:13 AM   #104
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
I was being polite, since you started off by sending me %s and facts I never asked for.
For the record, this is a falsehood.

On June 18th, KindofHere PMed me out of the blue: "I need an opinion." Here's what he wrote me:

Quote:
So, I asked Laurel for a sweep. I've asked for several - maybe I'm annoying her.

So I got my sweep today and my two top stories (on the HoF list in Taboo) .... lost around 300 votes total, but only lost .01 in points. (The one that lost near 100 votes).

How does that happen? Not the vote lost, but the points staying the same? Shouldn't I have jumped one way or the next?

And, my other stories lost no more than 5 and most only 1. How does that happen? I have one story that lost 5 with 990 votes (now 986) but I thought that was packing in the votes at a pretty crazy rate, but it lost barely any while the other two the votes seemed steady and consistent.

Anyway ... what do you make of that? If you can make anything out of that? Do you know if it that happens a lot?

Thanks.
I replied, answering KoH's query. He wrote me back five more times in that discussion, with further queries along the same lines, and I answered them.

On July 21, KoH PMed me again: "Math Again":

Quote:
So ... I had my problems today. And it wasn't just with that 17 votes, it was throughout the morning, rising from as low as 4.83 to 4.86, being dropped from 4.85 twice (at least) to 4.83, up to 4.86 and finally 4.82.

I don't people go what I was trying to say & why I was mad. Not the points, but the deliberate attack.

So ... I log out, went away, cooled my head, came back. My score is now 4.84 at 396 votes. That's 38 votes more and and 191.08 points more (1916.64 - 1725.56) ... for an average of 5.0284 .... per vote.

***comment about a third party edited out in the interests of drama avoidance - Bramble***

I posted my complaint after the score stopped going down.

Anyway ... that's a bit more info for you, just to help prove what your math said that I couldn't do in words (apparently).

Later.
AFAICT from my sent folder, I didn't reply to that one at all.

August 8, KoH started PMs again: "Remember my thread":

Quote:
Where I said someone was going out of there way to drop one of my stories and people (EB) doubted that shite.

So last night I was at 1044 votes (I think) when I went to bed and a 4.86 average. Woke up to a sweep and was at 4.90 with 983 votes.

So, if my math was correct and I'd like to think it was because it seems pretty simpled .... that was a difference of 257 points in 61 votes for a 4.27 average and if it was all 1s and 5s taken away, it was like 12 ones removed and 49 fives.

AND, about the time I put that thread up, the ones stopped coming so maybe someone (and AH author?) got a little nervous it would be investigated? - I think I had a second life as a conspiracy theorist.

Anyway ... I'm not crazy! haha, or full of an ego and I don't see 'attacks' where there are none. I'm going to leave it alone though, but so long as I tell someone who can see stuff for what it is, I feel a little vindicated.
I replied to that one very briefly:

Quote:
257/61 = 4.21 not 4.27, but otherwise those numbers look right. Sounds like the sweep did some good!

Cheers - B
He responded to that, and I didn't write back. Every one of those PM discussions was initiated from his end, as with almost all of the others we've had.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 02:20 AM   #105
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
...............

Last edited by KindofHere : 10-03-2018 at 07:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 06:13 AM   #106
RubenR
Literotica Guru
 
RubenR's Avatar
 
RubenR is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Hidden
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
...

Ruben attacked the occupations I had presented as ‘Hot’ jobs by quoting a post about a cellist where those references aren't even mentioned, but he did this because he was too late to the party to quote the original post. He waited, wishing and hoping he could jump into the conversation and when he got his chance, no matter how ill connected, he took it. And his elitist attitude cost him. He rushed to judgment and was quick to ridicule, not just me, but a very accomplished cellist by saying she was good, but not good enough to feel the music. (Had he looked her up and watched the entire video, his statement would have differed to something like: She's good, but in this case ...) This guy’s armchair opinion is as valuable as my neighbor’s dog shit on my lawn. He is arrogant, opportunistic, and judgmental and a waste of time. He came out swinging and only managed to hit himself in the face. (As you can tell, my opinion of Ruben is not good, but his parasitic behavior by latching onto Bramble's side is unappealing).

...
‘Ruben’ reacted to a video where a skilled cellist is over-acting—throwing in an overkill of vibrato and other ‘beautiful’ techniques and movements to accentuate her ‘passion’. To me, this didn’t look like a video of a cellist practicing a piece of work, or showing how far she got with it at that time; to me, it looked as if she was sexualizing her skills; exaggerating the ‘beauty’ of her music and the ‘passion’ it gave her, to give the viewers a nice visual show with some dramatic background music. Like spices, you should add certain techniques in small doses; add too much and you spoil the taste or beauty. As indicated from the beginning, I didn’t question her skills, but I criticized how she used them in this video. In a way, it feels to me like she is raping the music, abusing it; using it in the service of some fake-erotic-show. Why should I wait until the end of the video to see if she somehow defended her actions?

Why did I compare it with WWE wrestling? Those are strong and athletic people, caricaturing their strength, agility and ‘wrestling’ skills to give a show, just like Tina Guo caricatured her musical skills.

I reacted to that video, because previously I indicated that I find it hot when a woman is being passionate about her work. To me this is a clear example of someone faking such passion in an attempt to be considered hot, And to me, that's a great turn-off
__________________
My Stories and Poems
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #107
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
It's shame that I don't have the same insecurities as you that forces me to save all PMs I ever sent, because deep down inside you are waiting for the day to unleash your spite.
Er... the system saves messages *by default*. They stay there in the mailbox until I make a conscious effort to delete them. Since I don't PM enough to fill my mailbox very quickly, and I'm not very diligent about tidying up, that doesn't happen often.

Quote:
I could counter those with our first PMs ever, but again, I don't save my PMs so that one day I can weaponize them.
Happy to help. The first PM conversation with you that I can find in my mailbox was September 10, 2017. Like many of the others, it started with you PMing me to grumble about somebody I'd been talking to on the forums. Subject line was "Saw your post":

Quote:
You can't talk to a guy like ***name of third party redacted by Bramble***, he has a very narrow minded and argumentative personality.

He twisted your words to suit his own and is asking questions that you never made an argument against because I guess he thinks that makes him right.

I write taboo stories for a few simple reasons:

Views - they get so many views
Less likely to get stolen for profit (I think)
I like to think one day I might actually sell my real story ideas

That being said, I throw in heavy alcohol and drug use when I do write the taboo. This 'plausible' scenario stuff is for people who don't want to admit their fetish causes real world pain 99.9% percent of the time. It's like when the law puts an innocent person in jail and then they don't want to admit they made a mistake until they absolutely have to.

One last example into the mind of an incest/taboo fan. I had an anonymous comment I deleted on my latest story:
"Fuck you, you fucking druggy!" ... but no condemnation of the incest/taboo. Just the drugs. These people do not live in the real world.
Not sure how that "counters" anything, but if you think it helps your case, you're welcome to it.

Quote:
I wonder if Laurel has a master copy hidden somewhere in her servers? I wonder if those are word for word what are PMs were about? The edit button isn't hard to use.
There's no "edit button" on inbox messages, but of course it would be possible to edit the text when pasting it here. To show that I didn't do that (except for the two redactions I've indicated above), here's a screenshot of your message on June 18, as it appears in my inbox.

Feel free to ask Laurel or Manu, if you think they have time for your bullshit. I'm happy for either of them to access my mailbox and confirm that I've represented our messages honestly, with one condition: if they do confirm that my representation is honest, and that you've been lying about our PMs, you agree to cop a permanent ban from this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 10.43.16 pm.jpg (50.3 KB, 0 views)
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #108
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
................

Last edited by KindofHere : 10-03-2018 at 07:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #109
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru
 
SimonDoom is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,450
This was a perfectly worthwhile and interesting thread, and now it's been hijacked by one of the silliest fights I've ever seen in the AH. Can we just call it quits? Surely nothing more can be accomplished with this back and forth.

Anyone have anything further to say about sexy jobs for women characters (other than cellists)?

How about this -- a taxonomy of the ways in which a female character's job might figure in an erotic story, how it enhances the eroticism, and any stories you've written that reflect one or more of those types?

1. The job itself involves obviously erotic activity -- exotic dancer, webcam model, prostitute. So far none of my stories fit in this category.
2. The job involves an activity that is not usually seen as erotic but that is eroticized or fetishized in the story. I wrote a story about a chef whose cooking skills come into play in fetishized, erotic way during the story, and where the look and smell and taste of the food was (so I intended) meant to enhance the eroticism of the story. Almost any job could, theoretically, be presented to fall under this category.
3. The job is not erotic, but some aspect of the job plays into the plot of the story in a nonerotic, plot-propelling way. My science fiction story falls under this category -- the character's job as a linguistics professor is important to the plot, including the erotic activity that occurs, but not presented as erotic.
4. The job is usually seen as not erotic, so the contrast with the character's erotic activity is used to heighten the eroticism. The hot librarian concept is an example of this. Several of my stories play on this notion.
5. The job creates dramatic tension with the erotic/sexual activity, because that activity conflicts with the job or poses a threat to the character keeping her job. My Hotel Exhibitionist series falls under this category, because the female character's exhibitionism is in tension with her need to maintain a public reputation as a pharmaceutical sales rep.

Are there other ways a job can be "erotic" in an erotic story?
__________________
My stories are at https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions.

Last edited by SimonDoom : 09-16-2018 at 10:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #110
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
I have no clue who sent what PMs, I don't save mine. I just told you I did because I knew you wouldn't be able to let it go
...and because you were stupid enough to think you wouldn't get caught.

Just gonna save KoH's admission of lying here, in case he decides to edit it out later, and that's the last I'll be interacting with him.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #111
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
...and because you were stupid enough to think you wouldn't get caught.

Just gonna save KoH's admission of lying here, in case he decides to edit it out later, and that's the last I'll be interacting with him.
Get caught? I got tired of this and I gave you a break. Who knows how far I could have pushed you? If Laurel sent back that she can get all of my messages that I deleted, I would have admitted the truth just like I did: Our conversations weren't important enough to remember.

Get caught? What is 'getting caught' on this forum going to do to my life? What are the repercussions? What do you think is going to happen in my life by 'getting caught' on this forum?

Therapy miss. Go get it.

EDIT: Read the quotes or contact Bramblethorn for what I posted on this thread.

Last edited by KindofHere : 10-03-2018 at 07:18 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #112
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonDoom View Post
How about this -- a taxonomy of the ways in which a female character's job might figure in an erotic story, how it enhances the eroticism, and any stories you've written that reflect one or more of those types?

1. The job itself involves obviously erotic activity -- exotic dancer, webcam model, prostitute. So far none of my stories fit in this category.
2. The job involves an activity that is not usually seen as erotic but that is eroticized or fetishized in the story. I wrote a story about a chef whose cooking skills come into play in fetishized, erotic way during the story, and where the look and smell and taste of the food was (so I intended) meant to enhance the eroticism of the story. Almost any job could, theoretically, be presented to fall under this category.
3. The job is not erotic, but some aspect of the job plays into the plot of the story in a nonerotic, plot-propelling way. My science fiction story falls under this category -- the character's job as a linguistics professor is important to the plot, including the erotic activity that occurs, but not presented as erotic.
4. The job is usually seen as not erotic, so the contrast with the character's erotic activity is used to heighten the eroticism. The hot librarian concept is an example of this. Several of my stories play on this notion.
5. The job creates dramatic tension with the erotic/sexual activity, because that activity conflicts with the job or poses a threat to the character keeping her job. My Hotel Exhibitionist series falls under this category, because the female character's exhibitionism is in tension with her need to maintain a public reputation as a pharmaceutical sales rep.

Are there other ways a job can be "erotic" in an erotic story?
I'd expand your #5 to include the popular NC/reluctance staple where it's refusing the sexual activity that would threaten somebody's job.

6. Job allows her to afford erotic activities that would otherwise be unattainable: high-tech sex toys, exotic getaways, etc. etc. My current work in progress is about a woman who hires a friend as an escort, which depends on her having enough disposable income to do that.

7. Although not usually erotic, the job gives rise to an erotic scenario. One of mine involves a reptile handler who gives a snake show at a school; one of her snakes crawls inside her shirt and gets tangled in her bra, so our heroine has to help her remove it. (Based on something that happened with my ex.)

8. The job plays into the emotional background to the sexual activity. She works in customer service all day long, so by the time she gets home she's ready to let off steam; she's on the road a lot and lonely, so she ends up looking for short-term liaisons; she's rich and he's poor, which throws up complications; etc. etc. Not sure if this counts as a subset of your #3, but I think it's common enough to be a category in its own right.

9. Story pacing: sometimes it works better to have space between the sex scenes, and a character's job can be a good way to achieve that.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 12:07 PM   #113
AwkwardMD
Literotica Guru
 
AwkwardMD's Avatar
 
AwkwardMD is offline
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Over There
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
Get caught? I got tired of this and I gave you a break. Who knows how far I could have pushed you? If Laurel sent back that she can get all of my messages that I deleted, I would have admitted the truth just like I did: Our conversations weren't important enough to remember.

Get caught? What is 'getting caught' on this forum going to do to my life? What are the repercussions? What do you think is going to happen in my life by 'getting caught' on this forum?

Therapy miss. Go get it.
TL;DR - I will lie about anything, to anyone, and at any time if I think it might suit my purposes.

Anyone who considers themselves friend to a person like that should do some thinking.
__________________
My word piles
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #114
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkwardMD View Post
TL;DR - I will lie about anything, to anyone, and at any time if I think it might suit my purposes.

Anyone who considers themselves friend to a person like that should do some thinking.
Anyone, who trust anyone on an anonymous forum should do some thinking.

And since I've already put you in your place in past threads, I'm going to let it go here. Maybe you have a few of our PMs where I tried to get you to calm down too, because life's too short to go ballistic on a forum.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #115
AwkwardMD
Literotica Guru
 
AwkwardMD's Avatar
 
AwkwardMD is offline
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Over There
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
Anyone, who trust anyone on an anonymous forum should do some thinking.

And since I've already put you in your place in past threads, I'm going to let it go here. Maybe you have a few of our PMs where I tried to get you to calm down too, because life's too short to go ballistic on a forum.
We have literally never interacted, but thanks for playing.
__________________
My word piles
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #116
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkwardMD View Post
We have literally never interacted, but thanks for playing.

This thread: http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...1476581&page=2 ... you quoted me on post #30 and I did my usual ..... erase of my past comments, but since I'm quoted on your post, I can write it down.

I said: Write however you want to. If it's good, it's good, if it's not, it's not. (And you responded with the below quote.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkwardMD View Post
That's disingenuous too.

If I submitted my grocery list to Lit and then asked for tips on how to make it more sexy, you would have zero suggestions?
And we interacted on post #32 and post #38 and #42, what do I get for playing? (More harsh words?)

Now, I guess that makes you a liar too, anyone who considers you a friend should do some thinking.

Last edited by KindofHere : 09-16-2018 at 12:50 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #117
EmpressJosephine
Mistress of Role-Plays
 
EmpressJosephine's Avatar
 
EmpressJosephine is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 11,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC00 View Post
What's the hottest occupation for a female?

I have a thing for female lawyers. I love the way they dress, wondering what feminine touches might hide under their power suits. I love their assured self-confidence.

Ironically, while I have had (and still have) a male lawyer for a lover, I have never had a female one.

__________________

Secretly Sexual...




Empress Josephine





P.S. Here are some of my secrets...
Active role-playing stories: Dominion: A Tale of Wealth & Power; Because Big Sister Says So!; Natural Law; Interdisciplinary Collaboration; Toy Soldier; Special Ability.

Moth-balled role-playing stories (looking for new co-authors to revitalize): The Affairs of Kaitain: A Role-Play of Dune; New Mytilini.

Archived role-playing stories (not expecting co-authors to return anytime soon): Find them here.

Completed role-playing stories: Mother of the Groom.

  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #118
AwkwardMD
Literotica Guru
 
AwkwardMD's Avatar
 
AwkwardMD is offline
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Over There
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
This thread: http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...1476581&page=2 ... you quoted me on post #30 and I did my usual ..... erase of my past comments, but since I'm quoted on your post, I can write it down.

I said: Write however you want to. If it's good, it's good, if it's not, it's not. (And you responded with the below quote.)



And we interacted on post #32 and post #38 and #42, what do I get for playing? (More harsh words?)

Now, I guess that makes you a liar too, anyone who considers you a friend should do some thinking.
Oh. I remember why I don't remember you. Your habit of deleting your own posts, so that you can't be held accountable for the things you say, is so unbelievably dishonest that I ignored you. The question now is how did you get off of it.
__________________
My word piles

Last edited by AwkwardMD : 09-16-2018 at 01:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #119
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru
 
SimonDoom is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressJosephine View Post

I have a thing for female lawyers. I love the way they dress, wondering what feminine touches might hide under their power suits. I love their assured self-confidence.

Ironically, while I have had (and still have) a male lawyer for a lover, I have never had a female one.

Law is a good job for a female character to have. It hits a number of the points mentioned above. Lawyers meet interesting people and can get involved in interesting situations. It's a job where reputation is important, and that may conflict with the character's sexual activity. A strong confident woman can be very sexual, or her sexuality behind the scenes could be a counterpoint to, or in conflict with, her workplace demeanor. Lawyers have ethical and professional duties, which can create conflicts or plot points. Lawyers tend to be verbal and well spoken.
__________________
My stories are at https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #120
KindofHere
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkwardMD View Post
Oh. I remember why I don't remember you. Your habit of deleting your own posts, so that you can't be held accountable for the things you say, is so unbelievably dishonest that I ignored you. The question now is how did you get off of it.
Can't be held accountable, that's why you think I do it? That's the conclusion you came to when people constantly quote people on Lit.

Anyway, since you're a liar, chances are you never put me on your ignore list and maybe you were hoping I wouldn't remember.

Doesn't matter, I don't care.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #121
EmpressJosephine
Mistress of Role-Plays
 
EmpressJosephine's Avatar
 
EmpressJosephine is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 11,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonDoom View Post
Law is a good job for a female character to have. It hits a number of the points mentioned above. Lawyers meet interesting people and can get involved in interesting situations. It's a job where reputation is important, and that may conflict with the character's sexual activity. A strong confident woman can be very sexual, or her sexuality behind the scenes could be a counterpoint to, or in conflict with, her workplace demeanor. Lawyers have ethical and professional duties, which can create conflicts or plot points. Lawyers tend to be verbal and well spoken.

Good points!

I have never written a lawyer character, but I am interacting with one in my Natural Law shared story.
__________________

Secretly Sexual...




Empress Josephine





P.S. Here are some of my secrets...
Active role-playing stories: Dominion: A Tale of Wealth & Power; Because Big Sister Says So!; Natural Law; Interdisciplinary Collaboration; Toy Soldier; Special Ability.

Moth-balled role-playing stories (looking for new co-authors to revitalize): The Affairs of Kaitain: A Role-Play of Dune; New Mytilini.

Archived role-playing stories (not expecting co-authors to return anytime soon): Find them here.

Completed role-playing stories: Mother of the Groom.

  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #122
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru
 
SimonDoom is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
I'd expand your #5 to include the popular NC/reluctance staple where it's refusing the sexual activity that would threaten somebody's job.

6. Job allows her to afford erotic activities that would otherwise be unattainable: high-tech sex toys, exotic getaways, etc. etc. My current work in progress is about a woman who hires a friend as an escort, which depends on her having enough disposable income to do that.

7. Although not usually erotic, the job gives rise to an erotic scenario. One of mine involves a reptile handler who gives a snake show at a school; one of her snakes crawls inside her shirt and gets tangled in her bra, so our heroine has to help her remove it. (Based on something that happened with my ex.)

8. The job plays into the emotional background to the sexual activity. She works in customer service all day long, so by the time she gets home she's ready to let off steam; she's on the road a lot and lonely, so she ends up looking for short-term liaisons; she's rich and he's poor, which throws up complications; etc. etc. Not sure if this counts as a subset of your #3, but I think it's common enough to be a category in its own right.

9. Story pacing: sometimes it works better to have space between the sex scenes, and a character's job can be a good way to achieve that.
These are excellent additions to the list. Great points.
__________________
My stories are at https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.