Dear X:

Dear X

Halcyon
Sundown Dec 15th thru Sunset Dec 29th

Anciently among the Greeks this was the merged myth of Alcion and the Kingfisher bird. This became a Time of peace when all wars were suspended during the period starting seven (7) days before the Winter Solstice and ending seven days after the Solstice. This evolved into an extended Solstice (Yule) celebration. . Halcyon was adopted as a time of peace by the Arch Druids (Witches) in about 30 C.E. Halcyon is celebrated as a fifteen (15) day period where in the members of the Craft hold an "open house" symbolized by a light in the window. Such a house has potables and consumables on hand, and good cheer is offered to all. This is a time when old differences and conflicts are resolved or at least held in abeyance for the duration of Halcyon. The candle is viewed by some as a light offered against the darkest time of the year.

A candle displayed in the window during Halcyon is also seen as an invitation to resolve old conflicts as well as a time of sharing the joy of the season.

The candle is lit till the 29th. Then it gets blown out for good. That, not revenge, was the point.

The 29th. Will you speak?

OMG J-L!!!
They *just* said they're looking for new people for next year's!!!

I think your story would be *perfect* for the programme and it would be so lovely for us all to get to watch you guys get married :D
We can be married in the same year and be bridal-buddies!

Weblink here

x
V

OMG J-L!!!
They *just* said they're looking for new people for next year's!!!

I think your story would be *perfect* for the programme and it would be so lovely for us all to get to watch you guys get married :D
We can be married in the same year and be bridal-buddies!

Weblink here

x
V

Oh - and if you need references or whatever then send them to me and I'll be a very loud advocate on your behalf!

x
V

Yeup, plus his friends cover the whole Goth spectrum: Emo, Punk, Rocker, Indie Kid, Goth Geek, Romantic Vampire-esque...

I can just picture the photos... well, no, I can't acually, but hell! I'd *love* to see 'em!

x
V

Dear X: (inner critic again)
I AM happy with my recent relationship choice.
I AM refusing to listen to you berate him.
I AM enjoying our time together.
I WILL keep enjoying him as often as I can.
I believe he IS mine, he is here all the time.
I am willing to overlook those little peev's he has.
I am going to work on bringing the kink out in him.
I put it aside for a bit until HE is ready to start exploring.
I KNOW he didn't get disgusted at the marks from sat nights play party...
I think he can be perv'd (& I hope to)...
I AM enjoying the butterflies now & the other emotions he evokes.
I will work on his oral skills... that will be the icing... :devil:
I enjoy stoking his fire & feeling his heat...
So please just shut the fuck up & let me enjoy him.

thanks...
Steg. :rose:

Dear R.

Though I think I shall always be able to hear your deep voice in my head, I shall miss you. You were truly an extraordinary woman; strong, independent and intelligent. I deeply regret not making more of an effort to spend time with you. You were an inspiration to me and I will always remember your encouragement of my writing. Not to mention the stories of growing up in this rural area. I've already used you as a character in one of my books but I'm sure you will show up in more. You acted on your convictions and influenced countless people over the years. I am one of them.

Love,

M

dear t,
i'm sorry this is happening. just hold on to me. i promise, i won't let you fall.

:heart:
c

Dear Bitch
Fuck off
How dare you text me 3 days b4 xmas and expect that I will jump into line with your plans.
1. I am not waiting for you to get your lazy arse outta bed.
My kids deserve to open their presents when they get up. Not have to wait for the pair of you.
How dare tyou just decide your coming for breakfast. Like I can just run to town and buy more food for you both.
2. Last time we tried the breakfast thing the girls had to wait 3 fucking hours to open their present.
3. You want pancakes for breakfast???? Buy them and make it yourself.
We are having Bacon and eggs, my family tradition, Just cause yours had pancakes does not mean I have to fall into line for you.:confused:
4. I have spent a fortune on food already and I know your contribution will be barely non existent... How dare you expect an extra free meal!!!
5. I will not be ringing your bf to ask if you can be here when the girls get their presents... Do your own dirty work and learn to take no for an answer...
One very pissed off sister!!!

X,

About a year ago, I was warned that I should be more discreet with what I told you because things I had said in confidence were being retold in a bar. I was so shocked that I didn't press for any details. I'm pretty good at ignoring what I don't want to hear so I just pushed that bit of knowledge under the rug.

Do you remember how you used to call me in the middle of the night when you were drunk & you would spend hours telling me tales? Sometimes you wandered off into stories that violated the confidentiality of the people who you were talking about. I just listened. I thought I was serving some purpose by being an ear to you.

Skip ahead to last May. I read the two "My wife..." stories. Yes, you told me that the majority of the action was made up. But the thought hit me that the truth about whatever really did happen almost certainly got told in a bar. Then the image of you with a beer in your hand telling stories about you and me struck me right between the eyes.

When I said "Some tales shouldn't be told for amusement", I wasn't just talking about the "My wife..." stories.

I turned away from you because I cannot continue to listen to you betray the people that trust you to keep secrets. I am not giving you any more material about me that you can repeat the next time you are being the Queen of the Bar Bitches and need a new story about the stupid friend you used to have.

J

X,

About a year ago, I was warned that I should be more discreet with what I told you because things I had said in confidence were being retold in a bar. I was so shocked that I didn't press for any details. I'm pretty good at ignoring what I don't want to hear so I just pushed that bit of knowledge under the rug.

Do you remember how you used to call me in the middle of the night when you were drunk & you would spend hours telling me tales? Sometimes you wandered off into stories that violated the confidentiality of the people who you were talking about. I just listened. I thought I was serving some purpose by being an ear to you.

Skip ahead to last May. I read the two "My wife..." stories. Yes, you told me that the majority of the action was made up. But the thought hit me that the truth about whatever really did happen almost certainly got told in a bar. Then the image of you with a beer in your hand telling stories about you and me struck me right between the eyes.

When I said "Some tales shouldn't be told for amusement", I wasn't just talking about the "My wife..." stories.

I turned away from you because I cannot continue to listen to you betray the people that trust you to keep secrets. I am not giving you any more material about me that you can repeat the next time you are being the Queen of the Bar Bitches and need a new story about the stupid friend you used to have.

J
* Hugs * :rose:

There are lots of people I want to hug now.

*hugs* everyone who'd like to be hugged. :kiss::rose:

Dear Older brother,

You are an asshole, you think the world owes you a living and that you can freeload off them. You are 31 years old and can't even keep a steady relationship, you can't even manage that one. I can see why though, I'm surprised your current girlfriend has put up with you for the near 2 or so years that she has.

You spend $200 a month on online gaming, your girlfriend the one that pays for it because you are too god damn lazy to get a job. I'm sure she's a good person but because you don't work you can't afford a place that doesn't have drug dealers living nearby, you being one of them...

Last Christmas you said something when I told you that I was getting frustrated because we had been trying to conceive for nearly a year at that point..."You don't deserve it, not with how you live"...So our house is a little messy, it's something we can be working on and have been improving upon...

I don't want a scene this christmas, I really honestly don't...I just want a good christmas without your bullshit, yet I know I'm not going to get it...You're going to be at mom's house and so I am, yet my reasons are different than yours...I love our parents, I love them with all of my heart...You just want to freeload, get a free dinner and get people to give you more things that you won't have to work for...

You're a selfrighteous, no good, asshole and I am getting sick and tired of you using our parents...Dad has his medications because he needs them, not to sell to you or give to you so you can sell them to someone else...Get off your fucking ass and do something, live you own god damn fucking life and stop being a prick that can't keep his hands in his pockets...

In other words go fuck off and leave the rest of the family that gets along alone...

Your younger sister

dear x

so much of this could have been fixed, avoided, if you had just spoken sooner, before you caused such deep injury. But I am grateful that you at least have chosen to speak.

You have chosen to believe in a piece of vicious gossip from an obviously ill-motivated source. That’s unwise, but it’s your choice. I doubt you will be happy with what you've gained and lost because of that choice.

I have never broken your confidence. My conscience is quite clean, in every interaction we’ve had. Including the one you commented on. I have always had your highest good in mind, and I believe that until now my effect on your life was clearly positive, as I intended it.

There's been a pretty obvious common denominator in a lot of the drama I've had to deflect for at least five years now. The smart ones among my acquaintances have learned not to trust one particular source. The smart ones are now drama-free as a result. There are many stories I haven’t told you because I am careful not to say things that contaminate people's relationships. If only we all had the same ethic there.

One chooses carefully who to trust. It was once a good thing that I trusted you so completely. We all need a father/ mother confessor. That you turn that fact against me now does not diminish the value it had, nor the justification. Either it’s wrong, or it’s not. You didn’t think it so at the time.

At the bottom line, there is no talking. There is only walking the walk. I will continue to do so, as I always have, with or without your recognition.

dear x

so much of this could have been fixed, avoided, if you had just spoken sooner, before you caused such deep injury. But I am grateful that you at least have chosen to speak.

You have chosen to believe in a piece of vicious gossip from an obviously ill-motivated source. That’s unwise, but it’s your choice. I doubt you will be happy with what you've gained and lost because of that choice.

I have never broken your confidence. My conscience is quite clean, in every interaction we’ve had. Including the one you commented on. I have always had your highest good in mind, and I believe that until now my effect on your life was clearly positive, as I intended it.

There's been a pretty obvious common denominator in a lot of the drama I've had to deflect for at least five years now. The smart ones among my acquaintances have learned not to trust one particular source. The smart ones are now drama-free as a result. There are many stories I haven’t told you because I am careful not to say things that contaminate people's relationships. If only we all had the same ethic there.

One chooses carefully who to trust. It was once a good thing that I trusted you so completely. We all need a father/ mother confessor. That you turn that fact against me now does not diminish the value it had, nor the justification. Either it’s wrong, or it’s not. You didn’t think it so at the time.

At the bottom line, there is no talking. There is only walking the walk. I will continue to do so, as I always have, with or without your recognition.

:rose:

Dear Older brother,

You are an asshole, you think the world owes you a living and that you can freeload off them. You are 31 years old and can't even keep a steady relationship, you can't even manage that one. I can see why though, I'm surprised your current girlfriend has put up with you for the near 2 or so years that she has.

You spend $200 a month on online gaming, your girlfriend the one that pays for it because you are too god damn lazy to get a job. I'm sure she's a good person but because you don't work you can't afford a place that doesn't have drug dealers living nearby, you being one of them...

Last Christmas you said something when I told you that I was getting frustrated because we had been trying to conceive for nearly a year at that point..."You don't deserve it, not with how you live"...So our house is a little messy, it's something we can be working on and have been improving upon...

I don't want a scene this christmas, I really honestly don't...I just want a good christmas without your bullshit, yet I know I'm not going to get it...You're going to be at mom's house and so I am, yet my reasons are different than yours...I love our parents, I love them with all of my heart...You just want to freeload, get a free dinner and get people to give you more things that you won't have to work for...

You're a selfrighteous, no good, asshole and I am getting sick and tired of you using our parents...Dad has his medications because he needs them, not to sell to you or give to you so you can sell them to someone else...Get off your fucking ass and do something, live you own god damn fucking life and stop being a prick that can't keep his hands in his pockets...

In other words go fuck off and leave the rest of the family that gets along alone...

Your younger sister

*cuddles*

--

Dear Self

I'm still not sure if that was an overreaction or not. I'm still not sure what to do.

I know that I'm still upset.

--

Dear Fiance.

You are sooooo dead. In the good way.

Back