Hitting on men

I have been hit on quite a few times in my life. I find it hugely flattering.

The weird thing is that the most I have ever been hit on (frequency) was when my kids were tiny babies. My wife was a stay-at-home mom and I made a point of coming home as early as possible in the evenings (used to start work at 5:00AM to get to do this) to take over the child minding role. On weekends I would take my daughter out in a papoose or pram to give mom the day off to relax and have a normal adult life. Seems like a dad looking after his kids was a big turn-on for a lot of ladies. Best was 'wow - you are obviously a loving and caring dad. I want that in my children. Here's my number. When the little one is asleep give me a call so that you can come impregnate me. I want your children". I had to let her down by telling her I had a vasectomy.

Seems like a dad looking after his kids was a big turn-on for a lot of ladies.

I noticed this when my kids were small too. Now that my kids are older, women are more obvious about flirting when I am either doing volunteer work at school or scout stuff. The most obvious come-on that I ever received was while wearing a boy scout uniform. The funny thing at school is that the women who flirt know that I am married. Maybe I'm just safe target practice...

My experience with coming on strong to men is that it doesn't work as well as flirting and building up to more. Some men definitely get scared off by the proposition or prospect. Other men take it as too open an invitation and become a little scary. Though, there certainly are positive responses.
We don't have a culture which makes coming on strong (without a pre-established sexual context) as being something that works very well.

Generally speaking, alpha guys prefer to chase, so the trick to "hitting on them" is to lay a pretty blatant hint that you're available.

This would also work on alpha-wannabes, generally, as you basically left them the initiative.

It'd be like "So when are you going to ask me out?" Which obviously is not for a hit on a stranger hottie.

If the guy is supremely confident, start with a compliment, "You are hot." Cliche, but it'd be accepted with a smile, then you can follow with name and handshake.

Not so confident target... That's a different problem. Let me think about it.

True.
But no woman likes to be seen as the ridiculous wallflower who made a pass at a guy, even if by doing that they stroked the guy's ego. :)

Um...guys don't like being shot down either. And the gaggle of friends using us for target practice or snickering as we try to make a humiliating exit aren't exactly a big help. So what was that about being as feminist as anybody (your earlier comment)? Equality runs both ways.

A few years back I was on a greyhound going home, and I saw a guy reading a book on Eastern European politics (one of my specialties), and looking at him I pegged him as being Croatian (close he was Bosnian). I kept staring at him, just looking at him fascinated me. Anyway, before getting off the bus, I handed him my number, we did go on a date. He was nice enough but leaving the city for another job in a city 7 hours away.

No regrets, and he was super flattered.

Look him straight in the eye, smile a big smile and tip my head to the right. Gets 'em every time....lol

I would love that! I wish women generally could be more direct. When I was in my 20s I dated mostly women in their 40s. They were direct. It was awesome.

Um...guys don't like being shot down either. And the gaggle of friends using us for target practice or snickering as we try to make a humiliating exit aren't exactly a big help. So what was that about being as feminist as anybody (your earlier comment)? Equality runs both ways.

I would love that! I wish women generally could be more direct. When I was in my 20s I dated mostly women in their 40s. They were direct. It was awesome.

Well, the only times that I tried mine either fell on deaf ears, or I was subtly mocked.

Some of you guys have double standards too.
You either want an A+ supermodel in her 20's, or if the woman is a C she's just a tool that you use in order to have your egos stroked.

I have been hit on a couple of times...well...more but I try not to count the times while on the job.
one way to test the waters is to touch the guy you want to pick up. Stand within his personal zone...close...and keep eye contact. If you want to meet a stranger, think of some inane question question...like " John!....oh sorry...I thought you were someone I used to know....did anyone ever tell you you have a double out there?"

In my youth I was rather obtuse at being able to tell if a woman was hitting on me or, even if thought she was, what to do about it.

This was probably exacerbated by the fact that I was having regular sex with a male friend so I wasn't really looking for sexual release alone but rather more serious long term, and romantic, commitment on the straight side of the ledger. Thus, I was often more interested in what a woman had above the shoulders than beneath.

Incredibly enough, I was the drummer in a rock band and got offers almost every time we played. Several lines that worked on me and got past my cluelessness...."I'd like to suck your socks off", "Do you have a girlfriend?", (and I didn't....I had a boyfriend), and "Are you a natural redhead", (and I was, with the hair on my pubes as red as the ass length hair on my head). If I was playing with one of several bagpipe bands I've been in over the years, a warm hand under my kilt was a good way to get my attention as well.

I think most men would be surprised and delighted to be hit on. Perhaps some might think it was a wind up but otherwise they would be delighted

We are talking about men here, honestly all you have to do is go up to a guy bat your eyes at him and go hello. If he thinks you are cute he will smile, say hello back and probably mention something he likes about you.

Granted that is in a bar, guys go to a bar or club to drink, and hit on women to hopefully take her someplace private and try to fuck her brains out. You will get the same reaction in a gaming convention and so forth because of the cosplayer contests, most of the women doing those wear as little as possible.

If you want to find a Mr. Right Now, simply go up to a guy and say hello would you like to go someplace private? Unless the guy has no idea how to talk to women, like Chris, he will say yes, or no, and then take you someplace private for sex. I don't mention walking away because unless he is a relative and knows it, you will score. Married men are iffy so if you see a ring don't ask, otherwise you are scoring.

That is called being direct, leaves no uncertainty since you practically said you are a stud fuck me now. Even if the guy isn't sure that is what you want he will take you someplace private and you can take your clothes off. Take a really stupid guy to not understand at that point and if he doesn't, put your clothes back on and try again. :rolleyes:

I think I would be very suspicious if a girl were that direct. At least a girl I had never met before. But I've always been suspicious of girls who unexpectedly forward, so I'm not the best judge. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with genuinely hitting on a guy though. We love getting boosts to our fragile egos

Grub screw

When I was a young fellow assisting at an audit of a hardware store and counting the stock, the old boiler who was responsible for the nuts and bolts at the back of the store hit on me and asked me if I knew what a grub screw was and would I like one.
Being a bit wet behind the ears I blushed and politely declined.
50 years on now I wouldn't miss that opportunity again.
It would be
Take your panties off and bend over the counter my darling.
Now brace and prepare to be thoroughly rogered!!!!
ha ha ha

I recently approached by a beautiful young lady and I didn't pick up on the signals. I missed out on an opportunity. I wish she was a little more forward. This was on a plane and the guy at the window pulled me aside after we landed and told me I was missing the signals. I was internally hoping she was flirting but I didn't think this gorgeous college girl would be hitting on me a 45 yr old married guy with a "dad bod."

This question is one men have been dealing with forever. No approach works for everyone but with most men, if you are semi attractive they would be flattered at the least and more than likely excited and hopeful.

Would it be strange to walk up to a man and start hitting on him? Would he take it seriously or think the woman is coming on to strong?

Have any women been successful or have funny stories to share where they weren't successful. I guess men could share funny stories too.

It depends. There's nothing quite like that feeling of the "first time" with someone new. Better than any drug.

Go ahead.

I recently approached by a beautiful young lady and I didn't pick up on the signals. I missed out on an opportunity. I wish she was a little more forward. This was on a plane and the guy at the window pulled me aside after we landed and told me I was missing the signals. I was internally hoping she was flirting but I didn't think this gorgeous college girl would be hitting on me a 45 yr old married guy with a "dad bod."

This question is one men have been dealing with forever. No approach works for everyone but with most men, if you are semi attractive they would be flattered at the least and more than likely excited and hopeful.

Hit on her; all they can do is say "no."

Great thread Keep it going. I've always,wanted to be hit on by a college coed.

While I am a bit cautious I wouldn't mind being hit on by an interested woman, even if she was a bit aggressive. But just like if it was in the reverse there needs to be some kinda interest there, and I will admit as a guy it probably wouldn't take much, just don't say the wrong thing to mess things up for yourself LOL. Its happened a few times and more times than that its usually the girlfriend coming over to talk to me for her friend - that's such a turnoff. Last time it happened it was with a Latina from DR, spoke very little Broken English but knew what she wanted. We went out, and eventually made out a little but it never went anywhere beyond that :(

So ladies of Lit, I'm Team PM feel free to come hit on me at your leisure ;) LOL j/k (sorta) LOL

Would it be strange to walk up to a man and start hitting on him? Would he take it seriously or think the woman is coming on to strong?

Have any women been successful or have funny stories to share where they weren't successful. I guess men could share funny stories too.

An old thread resurrected by others, but I'll share a RL story. Ginger (no, not her real name) and I were co-workers. I was her Regional Manager, destined to work at her store while I interviewed, hired, and trained a new manager. I was stuck out of town for weeks at a time.

Ginger was married. So was I. Did I notice her flirting? Yeah, I would have been blind not to notice it. Still, it was awkward, in part because I was not just her boss, I was her boss's boss. She made her interest clear. I knew I could "tap that" any time I wanted to, but I held back out of respect for the workplace.

One morning, while opening the store together, she cornered me in the backroom and said, "Since you're never going to make the first move, I guess it's up to me." She then pressed her body against me, pulled me into a kiss, and then dragged me into the bathroom (the only place in the store without security cameras) and gave me an incredible blowjob. After she was done, she made it very clear, "I want this every time we open together."

I struggled with not changing the schedule to my benefit. Instead, I made it a point to carry on as if nothing was happening, except something really was. Anytime we opened together, she would insist on her daily intake of protein. She even came to visit my hotel room a couple of times where we went all the way before she went home to her husband.

Once, I brought my wife along on a road trip, had to visit the store that morning, and Ginger insisted on doing the same thing - even though my wife was back in the hotel room waiting for me to "get off" work so we could enjoy the day.

No one ever knew. Ginger and I remain dear friends to this very day and I respect the hell out of her for understanding how to keep our fun in its place.

Yasssssss

An old thread resurrected by others, but I'll share a RL story. Ginger (no, not her real name) and I were co-workers. I was her Regional Manager, destined to work at her store while I interviewed, hired, and trained a new manager. I was stuck out of town for weeks at a time.

Ginger was married. So was I. Did I notice her flirting? Yeah, I would have been blind not to notice it. Still, it was awkward, in part because I was not just her boss, I was her boss's boss. She made her interest clear. I knew I could "tap that" any time I wanted to, but I held back out of respect for the workplace.

One morning, while opening the store together, she cornered me in the backroom and said, "Since you're never going to make the first move, I guess it's up to me." She then pressed her body against me, pulled me into a kiss, and then dragged me into the bathroom (the only place in the store without security cameras) and gave me an incredible blowjob. After she was done, she made it very clear, "I want this every time we open together."

I struggled with not changing the schedule to my benefit. Instead, I made it a point to carry on as if nothing was happening, except something really was. Anytime we opened together, she would insist on her daily intake of protein. She even came to visit my hotel room a couple of times where we went all the way before she went home to her husband.

Once, I brought my wife along on a road trip, had to visit the store that morning, and Ginger insisted on doing the same thing - even though my wife was back in the hotel room waiting for me to "get off" work so we could enjoy the day.

No one ever knew. Ginger and I remain dear friends to this very day and I respect the hell out of her for understanding how to keep our fun in its place.

So perfect; break all the rules.

I personally think it is cool and sexy for a woman to hit on me. The few times women hit on me we ended up in very intimate moments, u know... sex, and each time was excellent because the women did not have any inhibitions knowing that I was not not judging them. In all the occasions, we both loved the experience...the women loved my openness to the different approach without judging them...and I loved the women's uninhibited courage regardless of the "norm". Greengamegirl, you can pm me if you wish.

Just before my divorce a past client called me with a referral. I had helped her through her divorce a few years before. I told her I was getting divorce. She asked the final date. SHe was hot and dozen years younger then me. She called me 2 days after the D and said she was comming over to fuck my brains out in an hour. She did.

Then she found I like tease and denial and I found she like tease and denial more.

It was a great fling.

Back