Congratulations to President Obama!

That's good advice for Walmart, Costco, Big Oil, the banks, the stock exchange, the churches. and the 2%, and every other entity in this country that sucks up juicy tax writeoffs and rebates while they make record profits from people who could barely afford what they needed.

Ooookay. I don't know about the rest of you, but politics is over in AH land for me.

( ROTFLMFAO— one more in a long list of empty promises made by the commissar )

Charlie Munger ( the less well-known half of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway ) has stated:
"I believe Costco does more for civilization than the Rockefeller Foundation,” Munger, 86, told students in a discussion at the University of Michigan on Sept. 14, according to a video posted on the Internet. “I think it’s a better place. You get a bunch of very intelligent people sitting around trying to do good, I immediately get kind of suspicious and squirm in my seat.”
http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aOC0M7zl7HBg

Carlos Slim ( a Mexican and the world's richest man, in case you don't know him ) has accurately stated:
“The only way to fight poverty is with employment,” Slim said at a conference in Sydney today. “Trillions of dollars have been given to charity in the last 50 years, and they don’t solve anything.”

Slim’s comments come as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are in China to persuade fellow billionaires to give at least half their wealth to charity. Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., and Microsoft Corp. cofounder Gates have signed up more than 30 philanthropists, including Larry Ellison and Paul Allen, to their Giving Pledge initiative.

“To give 50 percent, 40 percent, that does nothing,” Slim said. “There is a saying that we should leave a better country to our children. But it’s more important to leave better children to our country.”

He’d rather spend money on projects that create jobs than give away his cash as part of a fight against poverty.

http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aySvYhqYXOaE

"Trickle Down" economics does NOT work. That's what the Busch tax cuts were, just repackaged. It does NOT work, never did, never will. Busch explained that giving the top earners cuts would cause them to reinvest the money into creating jobs.

And that NEVER happened!!

Do you really wanna know how "trickle down" economics works ?

A friend of mine just sold a business he founded for between $100-120 million with an "earn out" possibility of another $100-120 million. Based on what is typical for a venture-capital funded business such as this one, my pal probably owns 10-20% of it. That means he just received something on the order of $10-20 million.

My friend took a ginormous risk to start that business. He was extremely fortunate to find people to back him. It's the second business he's started (the first one failed). One of the reasons people accept these kinds of risks is a belief that their capital and sweat and sleepless nights won't be expropriated. I am not going to provide further specifics because to do so would run a risk of making identification possible. It took an enormous amount of guts and gumption to accomplish what he's just done— at considerable peril to his family.

He just sent $1 million to another friend we have in common who is putting a real estate deal together to do a brownfield development in a city that's reeling from the destruction of its manufacturing base.

What you willfully choose not to understand is that interference and artificial obstacles put in place by bureaucrats and politicians and regulatory sclerosis are EXACTLY what causes risk-takers to put their capital in the mattress or bury it in the backyard.

Do you really wanna know how "trickle down" economics works ?

A friend of mine just sold a business he founded for between $100-120 million with an "earn out" possibility of another $100-120 million. Based on what is typical for a venture-capital funded business such as this one, my pal probably owns 10-20% of it. That means he just received something on the order of $10-20 million.

My friend took a ginormous risk to start that business. He was extremely fortunate to find people to back him. It's the second business he's started (the first one failed). One of the reasons people accept these kinds of risks is a belief that their capital and sweat and sleepless nights won't be expropriated. I am not going to provide further specifics because to do so would run a risk of making identification possible. It took an enormous amount of guts and gumption to accomplish what he's just done— at considerable peril to his family.

He just sent $1 million to another friend we have in common who is putting a real estate deal together to do a brownfield development in a city that's reeling from the destruction of its manufacturing base.

What you willfully choose not to understand is that interference and artificial obstacles put in place by bureaucrats and politicians and regulatory sclerosis are EXACTLY what causes risk-takers to put their capital in the mattress or bury it in the backyard.

The question is, do you?

Trickle down means..you give the tax breaks and refunds to "business people/ rich" so they could put that extra money into the business to hire more employees, raise their pay, give benefits, etc. The problem: businesses kept the money for themselves, not trickling down to others

The question is, do you?

Trickle down means..you give the tax breaks and refunds to "business people/ rich" so they could put that extra money into the business to hire more employees, raise their pay, give benefits, etc. The problem: businesses kept the money for themselves, not trickling down to others

A CNN business report the other day put up two very interesting charts. One was corporate profits for the year, with the line going up, up, up. The other was the combined earning totals for line workers in those corporations, showing the line going down, down, down.

I have no idea if those charts were valid. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

I must say, however, what I see happening around me indicates to me that when you give the tax breaks to corporations and corporate executives, there's much more going into private jets and villas on the Riviera than to food on some worker's table. And that this isn't going to change unless you lessen the tax breaks to the corporations. I don't for a minute think they are investing all--or much--of their profits back into the U.S. job-creation economy--or would ever voluntarily do so.

There doesn't really have to be future speculation on this. What are they doing now with the money for tax breaks they have? If they are creating jobs--where are they doing this (other than China and India) now?

The rich have betrayed their country

They have built their 'church' in Wall Street and that is where they worship. A place that is designed to make money unencumbered by any thoughts of morality or right and wrong.

America is a minefield of regulations and worker's rights that they refuse to work with any more. So they Opened China, busted the unions. changed the laws on imported items doing away with the protective tariffs the american workers had in place. They called it free trade and shoved it so far up the working man's ass that he can taste it.

they took their money back through new tax rates that are lower on their money's profits than it is on our labor's profits. But even that wasn't enough , so they just hid it in off-shore tax havens.

Now they have moved their factories and taken away the jobs. The American worker is being downgraded in pay each year while they are busy dismantling the safety net that they are going to need so badly soon.

If Mitt had won it would have happened faster but Obama is just a slower route to the same place. They own the government, they have appointed the courts judges.

It is no longer the question of if they are taking over the country, the question is can we take it back?

If I seem opinionated, you will have to forgive me, it comes with the ability to see and think. Sometimes I envy the wingnuts on the right because they don't seem to suffer from these abilities.

Which is maybe less than a quarter year's income for the people we are actually talking about.

Come on, Trysail, you don't have to defend the reasonably successful. They are not the problem. Your buddy made a very laudible move by reinvesting in the society that gave him the chance to earn that wealth, but he's not one of the real big guns.

The real big guns don't reinvest in this country in the proportion your friend has done. if they did, more of us would be working right now.

And they wouldn't even notice him if he was on fire.

Last edited:

The trouble with economic illiterates and innumerates is that they are so easily fooled. They are effortlessly persuaded to vote for charlatans who promise them an endless supply of bread, circuses, food stamps and free lunches.

Like Voltaire's Candide, they are perpetual professional victims. They repeatedly fall for the false and impossible promises of swindlers and con artists. They believe in perpetual motion, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. They play lotteries. They go to Las Vegas. They believe the palpably untrue. When inconvenient reality eventually rears its ugly head— as it always will— it's someone else's fault and they look to the Messiah to save them from the consequences of their stupidity.

I get so tired

I get so fucking sick of hearing this shit from people who are dancing around the republican point of view cutting their throats and my future to the tune of some right wing pied piper.
I wish everybody who has drank the kool-aid would go ahead and die, then the rest of us could maybe solve our problems and get on with life.

This right wing republican viewpoint is the stake through the heart of the american dream. There are plenty of Americans who are not blinded by love of the rich or fear of the poor. The rest of America, those over on the far right should do something for their country. Put on your best black uniform with your shiny black hobnailed boots and crawl into a bunker and die damn you.

This may sound a bit mean on my part, but after careful consideration and the fact that there is no room for new knowledge to replace the bullshit that has overgrown your brain. I think it is the only way.

It will only hurt for a moment, and then your little hateful mind can be at ease. If it helps you can dream about killing little black babies or stabbing gays while they hang from barbed wire fences across the great american west.
We want you to be happy. But we want you to go away from those of us who have not been infected by the Fox Madness Fever.

It's obvious that you really haven't got the vaguest idea in hell where you're aiming that blunderbuss.

Last edited:
[FT="Book Antiqua"][="4"]

The trouble with economic illiterates and innumerates is that they are so easily fooled. They are effortlessly persuaded to vote for charlatans who promise them an endless supply of bread, circuses, food stamps and free lunches.

Like Voltaire's Candide, they are perpetual professional victims. They repeatedly fall for the false and impossible promises of swindlers and con artists. They believe in perpetual motion, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. They play lotteries. They go to Las Vegas. They believe the palpably untrue. When inconvenient reality eventually rears its ugly head— as it always will— it's someone else's fault and they look to the Messiah to save them from the consequences of their stupidity.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
yeah, yeah, drink that koolade baby.

No comments on my "Trickle Down" statement, huh? Shows that you don't grasp the basic concept of how it works. Come back once you can understand that giving rich MORE breaks won't get them to hire more people.

He's still looking for that special chart and graph he can steal of somone else to express the Faux News view on this.

He's trying to be a William F. Buckley wannabe, wants us to believe that he truly is well-read and uses the $50 words in his natural talk. He's only fooling himself.

He's trying to be a William F. Buckley wannabe, wants us to believe that he truly is well-read and uses the $50 words in his natural talk. He's only fooling himself.

I'm pretty sure they are someone else's $50 words he's using. He can't help himself from stealing other folks' work and slapping it on an irrelevant discussion board.

I'm pretty sure they are someone else's $50 words he's using. He can't help himself from stealing other folks' work and slapping it on an irrelevant discussion board.

If he truly had this grasp level of the English language, would he not be here, but in some New York City publishing house, editting the newest best-seller, or on some talk show, uttering his nauseum on cable, most likely on the Faux Business Channel?

he's stealing from me, actually-- I'm the one who uses "Quod Erat Demonstrandum." to poke fun at folks who, well, -- demonstrate.

What exactly he thinks has been demonstrated, is anyone's guess. But I want my fifty bucks back. ;)

Ah, yes. The lynch mob of Moronia has arrived.

Your mother raised an idiot child. That's your problem, not mine. Unfortunately (for you), stupid has an awful tendency to be forever.

he's stealing from me, actually-- I'm the one who uses "Quod Erat Demonstrandum." to poke fun at folks who, well, -- demonstrate.

What exactly he thinks has been demonstrated, is anyone's guess. But I want my fifty bucks back. ;)

He's committed "Intellectual property theft." It must be nice for him to go through life being someone he's not.

That's good advice for Walmart, Costco, Big Oil, the banks, the stock exchange, the churches. and the 2%, and every other entity in this country that sucks up juicy tax writeoffs and rebates while they make record profits from people who could barely afford what they needed.

Ooookay. I don't know about the rest of you, but politics is over in AH land for me.

( ROTFLMFAO— one more in a long list of empty promises made by the commissar )

Charlie Munger ( the less well-known half of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway ) has stated:
"I believe Costco does more for civilization than the Rockefeller Foundation,” Munger, 86, told students in a discussion at the University of Michigan on Sept. 14, according to a video posted on the Internet. “I think it’s a better place. You get a bunch of very intelligent people sitting around trying to do good, I immediately get kind of suspicious and squirm in my seat.”
http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aOC0M7zl7HBg

Carlos Slim ( a Mexican and the world's richest man, in case you don't know him ) has accurately stated:
“The only way to fight poverty is with employment,” Slim said at a conference in Sydney today. “Trillions of dollars have been given to charity in the last 50 years, and they don’t solve anything.”

Slim’s comments come as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are in China to persuade fellow billionaires to give at least half their wealth to charity. Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., and Microsoft Corp. cofounder Gates have signed up more than 30 philanthropists, including Larry Ellison and Paul Allen, to their Giving Pledge initiative.

“To give 50 percent, 40 percent, that does nothing,” Slim said. “There is a saying that we should leave a better country to our children. But it’s more important to leave better children to our country.”

He’d rather spend money on projects that create jobs than give away his cash as part of a fight against poverty.

http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aySvYhqYXOaE

If he truly had this grasp level of the English language, would he not be here, but in some New York City publishing house, editting the newest best-seller, or on some talk show, uttering his nauseum on cable, most likely on the Faux Business Channel?

Not too sure about the publishing house editing. Editing is about recognizing problems and following standards, doing as little damage to original as possible, not about creativity.

Last edited:

Ah, yes. The lynch mob of Moronia has arrived.

Your mother raised an idiot child. That's your problem, not mine. Unfortunately (for you), stupid has an awful tendency to be forever.

Mother jokes. Wow, how so like 1980s of you.

Back