Edited story stuck on pending!

  • Thread starter notyouraveragewriter
  • Start date
N

notyouraveragewriter

Guest
I sent in an edit for a story I wrote and followed the instructions on the help page, but it took over ten days and the status is still pending! I sent it in again thinking there was a problem, but I'm still having the same issue after a week! Help!!
 
I had a story Pending for over two months. I tried to contact Laurel 3 times only to get no response. I then requested the story be removed and in five days it was.

I'm not sure what it means.
 
I sent in an edit for a story I wrote and followed the instructions on the help page, but it took over ten days and the status is still pending! I sent it in again thinking there was a problem, but I'm still having the same issue after a week! Help!!
Patience. Edited stories are low priority for the site editor, and go to the end of the queue. If you resubmit during "pending" status it starts all over again, from the back of the queue.

Normal submissions are slower than usual at the moment, so edits are even slower - possibly at least a week, probably longer. Start writing your next story is the most useful thing you can do. Edits might make you happier, but they're not going to bring new readers to the story. A new story will do better - make sure you do a better draft though, next time :).
 
Um

Nowhere in the submission instructions does it say that stories can take weeks in pending. Why is that anyway? This is a computer age, it takes less time to get something delivered from another country.

I get it: new authors you don't care about. But I can tell you that if you're looking for new talent, certainly not responding when they post something is the quickest way to turn them off. Like I have been...
 
Weeks?

I mean, it's mentioned about a contest and the stories are posted hours later....Not understanding the rudeness of not responding quicker or at all.
 
Back
Top