JL New Wave: The Challengers from Beyond! (IC)

Tools of The Trade.

Jamie had hoped that Blue would be able to teleport himself back aboard The Box before Superman Prime's thermonuclear temper got the better of him, but no such luck. Only the nigh-indefatigable resistances of The Witching Cloak would save the shepherd's life, and then only by angstroms.

As it was, The Doctor had to-- ah!

--a compartment on The Console popped open with a ping like a toaster telling you it was done, and a new version of her sonic screwdriver launched out into an arc--

The Doctor snatched it from mid-air, swung it to point out through the open doors, and with a cry of fury and effort she--

--emitted a massive sonic pulse, the perfect counter-note to the octave crushing noise emitted by the clap of Prime's hands, muffling the thunderclash just enough that no-one's eardrums exploded aboard the shift-ship. Not Kyle, not Jamie, not the power-drained Jon Kent.

And instantly, she switched settings on the screwdriver, ramped it up to maximum pitch--

--pointed it again--

--and while the tip glowed, and the boys would get a strange feeling in their back teeth--

--no sound would be heard--

--save for Superman Prime clapping his hands to his ears and "NYYYYAAAAAAHHHHH!"--

--as she flooded his superhearing with decibels too exponential for him to stand but too high-pitched for human-powered people to hear--

--The Doctor squinted a bit, but she'd turned her hearing down for the purpose.

All this just to give Boy Blue just-- one-- chance--

--to make it into The Box.

Blue landed, rolled a few more feet, and caught a glimpse of the doorway to the phone booth. The cloak didn't need more prompting then that. Blue reappeared at the doorway, but still unable to teleport across its threshold, his hands dug into the ground, pulling, scrabbling at the doorway. His bones were broken in his arms, but his muscles pulled even as bone fragments pushed through his skin. His head crossed the threshold. Fingers nails torn. Blood came from everywhere.

His eyes kept fixed on the floor as he pulled his body forward a few more inches. His legs weren't responding like they should have. He couldn't feel them anymore. The pain had retreated to nothingness below his chest. His body felt heavier. Without the support of bones, it was really hard to do much. The cloak shot up and over his body, wrapping around a console and slung shot him over the threshold.

He was a grotesque mess. Like something from animated Japanese horror, a shell of a human being.

But the instant he was in, The Doctor snapped her fingers hard and the shift-ship doors slammed shut!

Prime roared in pain and defiance and shot equilibrium, but he still lunged for the closed doors of the ship, slammed against them, the whole structure rocked, The Doctor had to grab The Console to steady herself, but the doors held...

Blue rolled like a rag doll. The Cloak looked threadbare. Blue looked up at the ceiling. He couldn't feel most of his body, but the pain in his arms and head was more than enough.

The Doctor didn't take time to fully program a course, they didn't have that luxury of time, if Prime's next hit cracked the UltraMenstruum filters then they'd get flooded the next time they entered The Bleedstorm...

...she just snapped the autopilot back on and slammed off the parking brake...

VWORRP.
VWORRP.
VWORRP.


...and the shift-ship... shifted. Dropped out of vibrational attunement with Earth-0, and into the 4-D crimson neverwhere between universes.

The Doctor sagged against The Console for a moment, taking a steadying breath.

And then moved to kneel beside Blue.

"It's like I said before, Kyle, stories are hard to kill. Now, if he had been killed... resurrection's not out of the question, but healing's much less taxing on my resources... I once grew a Flash's leg back for him, true story."

She reached out a hand for him, fingers spread, that golden-orange glow flaring to life in her skin once more, trailing like faerie-dust behind those fingers as they moved...

"Shouldn't take a jiff."
 
Rain pounded the canopy in a frenzied rhythm as the moon shone brightly. Beneath, in the darkness of the jungle, there was only one sound louder than the rain... the crash of someone plowing through the undergrowth in panic.

Two large, well muscled men, hunters of the Opar Tribe, were sprinting for all they had. They had dropped their spears in terror, and were crashing through with no care for the path they chose. Clearly fear had over-ridden all of their skill.

From above came a call, bird sounds. Followed by a loud grunt from nearby to the left. The men screamed. From the right came crashing a large figure. As he lunged he missed his target and skittered across the floor of the jungle, unhurt, but falling behind and out of the Hunt. Next came the large form that had grunted from the left. She too misses the men. She skidded as she lost her footing and crashes through a grove of bamboo, splintering them.

The men continue to run for their lives. It had been a week of being harried and hunted. They hadn't slept or eaten properly in days. The only thing keeping them moving was the knowledge of what would happen if they slowed.

Again the bird call came. This time it was much closer. It was just overhead. But the men could see the clearing. If they could make it to the pass, back to their village, maybe they would live...

There is a loud crash before them as something... someone... drops from above. In the light of the clearing they see The White Ghost of the Mangani clearly for the first time. Standing over six feet tall, most of his clothing ripped or discarded, every fiber of muscle and sinew reverberating with rage. Slouched, fingers curled, teeth bared, he looks more beast than man.

As the men skid to a stop just a few feet from him, he lets out a guttural howl, so loud and deep that it vibrates through the very souls of the Opar. Only a few hundred feet away the torches light in the village beyond the pass. But the Animal-Man could care less. He came to seek vengeance on the humans that had sided with Grodd to kill his kin. He was prepared to die for the cause. As he growls low, vicious sound, his teeth and fingernails grow, and his eyes shimmer in the glow of the moon, matching that of the Lion.

The men begin to beg for their lives. Pleading. As he stalks forward there is a loud crack from behind the men. Panting an older man, one of the elders of the Waziri, stands. A pistol in his hand pointed into the sky.

"Ba-Kar! Stop! This is not what honor's your family."

The feral glint in Ba-Kar's eyes would be enough to cause most men to lose sleep for several nights. But the elder has known Ba-Kar since he first emerged from the Jungle.

"You need to stop. This will not bring them back. This will only feed the Darkness. You will know them again, but you must not give up Hope. You have a greater destiny than that."

Ba-Kar had stopped just inches from the two men. And now he reaches out with his clawed hands, pulling the men to their feet and toward him.

"I am not Grodd... I will not slaughter you like he did my blood... Tell your chief, tell your people, if ever I find them in the trees or near either the Waziri or the Mangani again, I will slaughter every last man, woman and child in Opar. And if Grodd comes back, you tell him next we meet, he will forfeit his life at my hands. No go... RUN!"

Ba-Kar hurls the men to the ground and turns to watch them sprint into the narrow rock pass toward the village beyond. He can see the shapes of men moving in the darkness, but they are scared. They won't approach. Legends of his exploits have traveled far and wide, and no one wants to face him, not in his element anyway.

As the men fade into shadows, the Elder wanders over and pulls Ba-Kar into his embrace. For the first time in the days since their death, Ba-Kar lets the pain inside. Pushing away the anger and the hate. He tries to focus on the hope for a better world that Ellen had brought into his life. And as that Hope takes root, something shifts in his Brain. Suddenly the darkness he had seen from Grodd was being forced from him. The despair and the loss becoming bearable rather than all consuming.
 
He's can't look after his sheep, He's can't even make a peep.

It hurt. It was an oblivion better than alcohol. He couldn't make out his own thoughts, let alone other people's words. It let him keep his emotions submerged beneath a tide of broken bones and wet wounds. He could die. But that was alright.

The Doctor said:
She reached out a hand for him, fingers spread, that golden-orange glow flaring to life in her skin once more, trailing like faerie-dust behind those fingers as they moved...

"Shouldn't take a jiff."

An angel hung over him, beaconing with fingers suffused in saffron. Fine, glittery pollen drifted down from her hands. It tickled. Made him want to sneeze. It wasn't enough to rouse his thinking mind, but it expanded his emotional palate beyond dark shades of purples and grays.

It made his lips pull back of their own accord, like a corpse jerking through rigor mortis. Fire burned from the broken capillaries along his cheeks and eyeballs. He saw red. Lightning ripped through his nerves, but it that had become the new normal. It was no worse than he already felt.

The cloak looked pitiful, like a tired puppy, it could only move its edges. It fluttered up and around, only to loose steam and flop back around Blue. It shimmered and Blue flickered for a moment, but both rematerialized. Then it too gave up.
 
No Rest for The Wicked.

The Doctor tried to read Blue's mind for consent. She was enlightened, elevated by her apotheosis into the current Doctor for Earth-14 to quasi-Buddhic levels of awareness of the interconnectedness of all things, and empathy for the perspectives of all things. So she would never. Ever do anything to someone that they didn't want her to do--

--at least, when she wasn't defending innocent people against encroaching cataclysmic tyrants from beyond The Speed Force Wall.

When Captain Jack Hawksmoor was dying in front of her on Wonderworld, she could have resurrected him, even though resurrecting a metahuman would cost Earth-14 a year of life-- but it would only have prolonged his agony, caused him to die and die and die all over again. As it was, she had resurrected Eve One at the cost of a thousand years off of the life of Earth-14, only for Eve One to be snatched away again only minutes later in her fight with The Great Darkness, Apollo and Majestros the Manhunter with her.

So she tried to make sure this was what Blue wanted.

She earnestly, dearly tried.

But his mind was the white noise of wounding...

...red noise of blood...

...blue noise of emotional oblivion....

...the flutter of The Cloak, the abortive teleport, she couldn't read that...

...was he trying to escape her touch? Or was he on fight-or-flight autopilot still, still trying to get to safety, unable to comprehend that he had made it into the ship?

Her face crumpled up a bit, her eyes ached.

Her fingers flexed.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm so sorry."

"I'll make this up to you."

"I promise."


She placed that hand on his chest.

And in a storming glow of agony happening in reverse, Blue's body suddenly went from being within an inch of life-- to feeling better than he had in recent memory. She even fixed his liver while she was in there.

"'No good deed goes unpunished,'" she murmured.
 
Little Boy Blue

The Doctor said:
“No good deed goes unpunished.”

Blue flinched from The Doctor’s touch. “Sorry,” he said, scooting away. He looked at his body, hands and legs that were whole and hale now. “I’m always,” his eyes flickered towards Kyle with morbid curiosity, but the memory of the man’s terrible green eyes were too much. It was enough to know he’d bleed out all over the floor with a god and his childhood hero watching, weighing, and judging.

If it’d just been Kyle, sure, but he’d shit the bed in front of Superman as well. Cost the doctor some unfathomable cost, no doubt. He knew all witches drew power from some source; the bill was always expensive. He was a minor leaguer thrust into the big leagues and just boat anchoring the team.

“I, ah…” His head lowered, shoulders bowed, “Thanks.” He was quiet for awhile, “And sorry.”

He picked at the cloak. For once, it was possible to see light filter through it. Even the cloak was giving up on him. He was not going to trouble anyone with that. Without the cloak he was even more worthless. Maybe he could just get them to drop him off at the next rest stop. Or just work in The Doctor’s back office.

“I’m…ah, going to…” He looked towards the hallway; it called to him. He shuffled in its direction. “Go make a sands which, I guess.”
 
Well, the lady knew how to put on a magical light show better than Gandolf and his magical fire sticks. Especially since his skin was kinda tingly from the after effects of whatever it was she did. Kinda like sleeping on you hand so long it gets that tingle feeling in it, and it hurts when you touch something.

And then she was up and running and moving faster than he could focus on. And kneeling beside little boy blue. A mouse fighting a steam roller. Yep, that’s what he looked like. Not the other guy was much better off. Standing up. Slowly. He moved over to the other newcomer ‘john’, but kept his eyes on blue boy as well.

“Well, don’t you look fucked stupid and ready for a shower,” Kyle commented. “And a change of clothes.”
 
Hominem Revelio.


“I, ah…” His head lowered, shoulders bowed, “Thanks.” He was quiet for awhile, “And sorry.”

"It's all right," The Doctor promised, and meant every word. "It's all right. I'm the Doctor. The Doctor. It's what I do. And... thank you. You didn't have to help, but I'm grateful for it."



He picked at the cloak. For once, it was possible to see light filter through it. Even the cloak was giving up on him. He was not going to trouble anyone with that. Without the cloak he was even more worthless. Maybe he could just get them to drop him off at the next rest stop. Or just work in The Doctor’s back office.

Now... that was an interesting problem. Less easily fixed.

Her powers to rewrite reality were in and of themselves limitless. Except, of course, for that one limit.

But for artifacts from outside reality...

...that would take a little more doing.

“I’m…ah, going to…” He looked towards the hallway; it called to him. He shuffled in its direction. “Go make a sands which, I guess.”

"That's all right," The Doctor promised, and meant every word. "There's some provolone and corned beef that needs using up. You could... probably use some vitamins, too. Just... take all the time you need to... process. I mean-- this isn't over yet. Not by a long... anything."

“Well, don’t you look fucked stupid and ready for a shower,” Kyle commented. “And a change of clothes.”

"It's been a long time," The Doctor lamented with legitimate longing, as she moved up beside Kyle with her hands in her trouser pockets, gazing quietly at Raynor, "since I've been that... stupid."

She coughed, cleared her throat, looked at Jon Kent. "Erm. Sorry. Soz. TMI."

She held out her hand to the powerless Superman, offered to help him up.

"C'mon. Up you pop. If you can't walk, I can be a lot stronger than I look, and there's always telekinesis. Let's get you to The Sun Room. We should hurry. The ship can alter the relative timeframe of different sections of her interior, so 24 hours can pass for you there in only a few minutes out here, get you a quick-charge, but it'll still take some time, and I... don't think we have a lot of that."

"See, I could bathe you in that much sunlight and play with time myself, right here right now, make you fresh as a daisy, but."

"I can do anything I can think of. Anything. So long as I can... imagine it in a poetic fashion. Rewrite reality, unzip it like DNA, play merry hob with spacetime... but. It draws energy-- life energy from the living organism that is my Earth, Earth-14. And because I'm attuned to all life on my Earth, I'm the avatar and curator of all of humanity's ancestral memory, I have to feel that life leave whatever I draw it from. It's a terrible, terrible, glorious, terrible burden. My predecessor didn't... handle it well. Drugged up to the eyeballs more than half the time."

"So I built this shift-ship on rock and roll, and found a baby universe gone wrong to use as a power source. That way, anything the ship does... and by extension the sonic screwdriver... the power comes from that universe and not from my Earth. So, short story... a bit longer than it should have been... it would be much better for everyone involved if the ship recharged your solar cells instead of me."

"The ship," she murmured.

And glanced at Kyle again. "Transit-womb, Authority Reconstruction Device, and Interdimensional Shift-ship. TARDIS. The TARDIS."
 
Jon heard the voice as if it were coming out of a dream. He heard the voice telling him to get up. It reminded him of what his parents had taught him. "No one can hit has hard as Life. But it isn't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." He remembered asking them wasn't that the line from that last Rocky movie. He remember the smile on his father's face as he told him it was, but that didn't make it less true. As he remembered that he found himself getting up and finally he could see, finally he was awake again.
 
Rising Son.

Jon heard the voice as if it were coming out of a dream. He heard the voice telling him to get up. It reminded him of what his parents had taught him. "No one can hit has hard as Life. But it isn't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward." As he remembered that he found himself getting up and finally he could see, finally he was awake again.

"Welcome back to life, Superman," The Doctor smiled faintly, gently, warmly. "'Let's build some hurtin' bombs.'"

She turned and hurried, leading Jon-- and Kyle, if he was of a mind to join them, and Blue, if he was done with his 'sands wich' already, through the halls towards the room next to The Chapel.

Glancing over her shoulder, she made conversation with Jon: "Did they have that 'Creed' movie in your timeline? Either of your timelines? I heard Michael B. Jordan was quite good in it, but I never got time to see it. Always meant to. I suppose I could go back into someone's memories and watch it through their eyes, but it's not quite the same as making memories for yourself, yeah?"

The Sun Room was-- as the name perhaps implied--

--a room with a sun in it. A miniature sun, but a sun nevertheless, hovering at the center of a room with red grass and silver trees and an orange sky and countless blue butterflies. It was the natural light of this sun that could be seen through the windows of The Chapel.

"I can adjust the timeframe of the room to rewind and fast-forward through the life-cycle of the sun. Forward, back, nebula to black hole. But right now it's yellow. Just stand here and soak it in, and The TARDIS'll make it so that 24 hours pass with a quickness. All right?"
 
"It's been a long time," The Doctor lamented with legitimate longing, as she moved up beside Kyle with her hands in her trouser pockets, gazing quietly at Raynor, "since I've been that... stupid."

And glanced at Kyle again. "Transit-womb, Authority Reconstruction Device, and Interdimensional Shift-ship. TARDIS. The TARDIS."

“Would you like to .. get stupid?” Kyle asked Doctor Jamie, as he watched Superguy and Blue.

It was a bit more blunt than he’d intended, but she was having a weird effect on him. Tangling his tongue and fuzzing his brain. And he kept having random thoughts/memories of her and him naked.. sheets twisting.. moans. Fingernails dragging on his back, teeth grazing on necks.

Damn it.

“Sorry, been a while for me. Hell.” He sighed. Right now his foot had to be half way to his stomach.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Butcher, The Baker, and the Music Maker.

The Doctor said:
"It's all right," The Doctor promised, and meant every word. "It's all right. I'm the Doctor. The Doctor. It's what I do. And... thank you. You didn't have to help, but I'm grateful for it."

Blue flinched. Nothing worse than knowing you got in someone's way, and now they were pitying you. He picked at the cloak. For once, it was possible to see light filter through it. Even the cloak was giving up on him. He was not going to trouble anyone with that. Without the cloak he was even more worthless. Maybe he could just get them to drop him off at the next rest stop. Or just work in The Doctor’s back office.

“I’m…ah, going to…” He looked towards the hallway; it called to him. He shuffled in its direction. “Go make a sands which, I guess.”

The Doctor said:
"That's all right," The Doctor promised, and meant every word. "There's some provolone and corned beef that needs using up. You could... probably use some vitamins, too. Just... take all the time you need to... process. I mean-- this isn't over yet. Not by a long... anything."

Blue raised a hand, looked at The Doctor just long enough to sorta grimace a smile back, and then turned back to the hallway. He walked with stooped shoulders using the Horn of Gabriel as a walking cane. The bell end of the Horn was wide and stable. The mouthpiece was small but capable. As a result, Blue made a metallic ding every other step. Even depressed, he was pitch perfect and his movements had harmonic beat. The soft ding rang out at a low C, but caught the hallway and echoed back deep down into a sharp E. The resulting minor third sounded somber even melancholy.

Blue walked unaware of his surroundings. Through endless corridors that stretched through both space and time, elongating a single note across minutes and on into hours. A few times Blue stopped and half smiled, patting a wall or door. "Thanks," he even said once or twice to the Tardis.

When Blue did find his way to the ship's galley his mood had lifted. He was still gloomy but no longer angsty. He was having doubts about the Cloak's long term health, so he kept the Horn and Sword out. The Vorpal Sword at least was happy to be used. It contorted itself into a chief's knife. Blue stuck it on top of a large butcher's block, while he got out brown flour and yeast. He enjoyed the work of making bread from scratch, kneading in the rye, pickle juice, and caraway seeds. He stoked the wood burning oven with several thick chunks of hickory. While he waited for the bread to rise, he pickled some cabbage in vinegar and spices. He cut inch thick slices of corn beef. He was a lamb shank man, but it was all comfort food from the homelands.

For the most part he just waited, flipping the Vorpal knife over in the air. He did little tricks with it like you might with a pet you'd neglected for awhile. A few flips and flicks between his hands, into the air, and across his knuckles were as good a way as any to pass the time. As the hours dragged on, he further condensed the blade and took up a mirror polished frying pan. He washed his face with hot water and shaved. The Vorpal knife was eager for blood but also just to be handled and to be useful.

Shaving didn't take too long, and the bread was still rising. Blue started to pace. At first the blade just rolled along the back of his fingers from one hand to the next. Each time it reached the end of one hand, Blue flicked it into the air between and caught it with the other hand. He did it without looking. After a few passes and with more time to kill, his movements became more intricate. His feet danced through passes of the Ascending Aria. It was a basic Blade Singer's kata, but it was fluid and meditative. He let himself slip into the movements and gave his mind over not to the bottle but to his body. The Vorpal was fluid water in his arms trailing like gossamer silk streamers. It had no defined form, other than the ones Blue forced upon it. First it was a saber and then a rapier, followed by a long sword and on into a bastard sword. Blue's movements shifted with the sword. They played and tested each other. The whole kitchen was filled with obstacles that Blue dodged and flipped through, the Vorpal shooting out like a whip one moment and then slicing between a pair of pots the next.

Then something new happened. He'd made several passes through the kitchen moving one from the basic katas and into more advanced ones when his off hand caught the mouth of the Horn as if by accident. As soon as he did, it just felt right. Even the Vorpal didn't complain. The three of them got caught up in the blade dance. The air always hummed and whistled when he danced with the Vorpal, but now that the Horn had joined the room was filled with a chorus.

Time had no meaning in the bowels of the ship, and it had no longer any meaning to him. He wound down from the katas the same way he had begun. It was gradual, but it did come to an end. The bread had risen. He cooked it in the oven and just watched it plump and brown. He didn't think of anything. He just was. The bread's aroma filled the air. There was no more divine scent. He didn't know of a person alive who could feel depressed in the presence of baking bread. It was a good place like the in-between place when you'd woken from a dream but weren't yet awake.

He didn't have thousand island dressing, and he'd never liked the way the Mundy's made the sandwich anyway. So he kept it traditional. He added a fried egg and thick slick of tomato along with the corned beef and cabbage. The rye bread was tart and fought back in his mouth, but he enjoyed the combination. It reminded him of home without hurting too much.

He had made four mini loafs. When he was done, he wrapped each sandwich round in wax paper and took a large carafe of water. He put it all in a gunny sack and slung it over his shoulder while he found his way back to the Chapel. He almost went in and ate by himself, but instead he turned and went to the Sun Room.
 
"Welcome back to life, Superman," The Doctor smiled faintly, gently, warmly. "'Let's build some hurtin' bombs.'"

She turned and hurried, leading Jon-- and Kyle, if he was of a mind to join them, and Blue, if he was done with his 'sands wich' already, through the halls towards the room next to The Chapel.

Glancing over her shoulder, she made conversation with Jon: "Did they have that 'Creed' movie in your timeline? Either of your timelines? I heard Michael B. Jordan was quite good in it, but I never got time to see it. Always meant to. I suppose I could go back into someone's memories and watch it through their eyes, but it's not quite the same as making memories for yourself, yeah?"

The Sun Room was-- as the name perhaps implied--

--a room with a sun in it. A miniature sun, but a sun nevertheless, hovering at the center of a room with red grass and silver trees and an orange sky and countless blue butterflies. It was the natural light of this sun that could be seen through the windows of The Chapel.

"I can adjust the timeframe of the room to rewind and fast-forward through the life-cycle of the sun. Forward, back, nebula to black hole. But right now it's yellow. Just stand here and soak it in, and The TARDIS'll make it so that 24 hours pass with a quickness. All right?"

Jon didn't say much he was just busy trying to get his bearings. When he entered the sun room he immedaitely felt his strength returning. "Creed?..." he didn't recognize the name. However Michael B. Jordon he recognized. "No Creed film, but Michael B. Jordon was the actor that played Johnny Storm in the six fantastic four films."
 
The Great Space Coaster.

“Would you like to .. get stupid?” Kyle asked Doctor Jamie, as he watched Superguy and Blue.

The Doctor smirked softly at Kyle, and in the deep brown of her eyes, there was a smolder like a sun rising around the edge of the Earth as seen from orbit. Was she... agreeing? Was she... teasing?

“Sorry, been a while for me. Hell.” He sighed. Right now his foot had to be half way to his stomach.

The Doctor unexpectedly found herself going a bit pink thinking of what body-part of Kyle's she'd like to have halfway to her stomach, but managed to clear her throat, managed to wave away the distracting, impulsive thoughts.

"In my life, I'm not often permitted the luxury of... stupidity," she confessed, ruefully. "But I am..." she gnawed on her lower lip for a moment, "...enchanted by the offer, and hardly opposed to the idea."

He had made four mini loafs. When he was done, he wrapped each sandwich round in wax paper and took a large carafe of water. He put it all in a gunny sack and slung it over his shoulder while he found his way back to the Chapel. He almost went in and ate by himself, but instead he turned and went to the Sun Room.

The newly-christened TARDIS had a way of playing with time inside the ship, as The Doctor had already mentioned. When Blue had wandered off to mourn, he had come back just in time to join the fight, to hold back the tide of Superboy-Prime long enough for them to make off with their latest newcomer.

When he'd wandered off this time to try and get his head on straight and bake bread and pack a lunch, he got back to the group just in time for The Doctor to explain the interior of The Sun Room.

The Doctor smiled brightly at Blue, nodding to him gratefully-- grateful for his help, for his presence, and grateful that he seemed to be a bit more... focused, now?

Jon didn't say much he was just busy trying to get his bearings. When he entered the sun room he immedaitely felt his strength returning. "Creed?..." he didn't recognize the name. However Michael B. Jordon he recognized. "No Creed film, but Michael B. Jordon was the actor that played Johnny Storm in the six fantastic four films."

The Doctor squinted. "...six? Blimey. I hope they were a bit better than the just-one they churned out in most timelines. Perhaps less catastrophic studio meddling? They better be good. The Fantastic Four deserve a good movie, a good movie franchise-- and if six FanFour films means MBJ doesn't get to be in Black Panther, he should still get to be in something brilliant."

The red-grassy ground beneath their feet trembled like a mild earthquake-- was The TARDIS experiencing turbulence in The Bleed?

No, they'd landed again.

"Bleeding Hell," The Doctor snarled, pun intentional, and immediately sprinted for the door to The Sun Room with her long loping strides and her rubber-soled shoes clapping turf and then floor as she went.

"Jon, stay here, get a tan, focus up!"

"I'm going to see where she's parked us now!"

She didn't give Kyle or Blue instructions-- they could either stay here and take in the piece of peace and quiet that was The Sun Room, talk more with SuperJon...

...or they could pelt after her and find out what strange left turn their lives had taken this time.

The halls and the walls blurred by as she ran-- she was no speedster, not like Barry, though she could hypothetically use her powers to tap into The Speed Force-- there was already an equation for that--

--but she could still hit a whole 'nother gear if it came to that.

Skidding to a halt in The Console Room, The Doctor hurried to the monitor to try and get a sensor sweep of the exterior...

...but then more turbulence rocked The TARDIS and, utterly unexpectedly, the doors blew inward and opened up to the great wide gulping gulf of outer space.

The TARDIS' temporal grace field created an "airlock" effect in the doorway, a selectively-permeable force membrane that could allow passengers to step in or out but would prevent hazardous environments from getting in-- the explosive decompression of space and radiation of space, the crushing depths of the sea floor, even The Bleed would flow by that doorway without seeping in.

But there was a rift out there. A rift in time and space and it was--

--it was jangling The Doctor's senses. She fell to one knee again, scrunching her eyes shut, clapping her hands over her ears, trying to keep her equilibrium.

She staggered to her feet and hurried to the doorway, squinting out as she tried to figure out what The Hell was going on.

~Earth 11, 3017, Vega System~

Chaos broke out. M'Onel began scanning ships with her x-ray vision looking for kids. As she found a ship that was trying in vain to get to her and she started making way towards it a signal came through on her Omnicomm. "Legionnaire, you will continue on the presceduled assistance." She ignored it and kept making for the ship with kids aboard it. Before she got there a plasma bolt seared into her back. The ship that had signalled had just opened fire on her!

Everything in her head began to swim and roil. Recent memories poured into her mind yet again and rage began to swell in her heart. She got to the ship with the kids and directed them away from the growing rift and hurled it. She turned on the ship that fired on her, eyes blazing, and hit the plasma canon full on with her heat vision. "You are now the last ship I will get clear of here Tiberius. Governor Sh'ron you should know better than to open fire on what is going to try to save you." Oh how she wanted to open fire on the Tiberius again. She wanted to carve it apart, but she was better than that.

Laurel kept scanning ships and hurling ships clear, but the rift's growth was starting to accelerate. She wasn't going to get them all clear. At least the Tiberius would be with her when they all died.

Seeing how dire the situation was, how panic-inducing-- The Doctor nevertheless steadied her hearts and held up her sonic screwdriver. She couldn't shout across the distance, the vacuum of space wouldn't carry sound any more than it would carry heat, but--

--using the screwdriver, she forged a direct link to the Daxamite woman's Omnicomm. Speaking into the screwdriver would be just like speaking into M'Onel's ear.

"Legionnaire! Do you require assistance?"
 
The Doctor smirked softly at Kyle, and in the deep brown of her eyes, there was a smolder like a sun rising around the edge of the Earth as seen from orbit. Was she... agreeing? Was she... teasing?



The Doctor unexpectedly found herself going a bit pink thinking of what body-part of Kyle's she'd like to have halfway to her stomach, but managed to clear her throat, managed to wave away the distracting, impulsive thoughts.

"In my life, I'm not often permitted the luxury of... stupidity," she confessed, ruefully. "But I am..." she gnawed on her lower lip for a moment, "...enchanted by the offer, and hardly opposed to the idea."



The newly-christened TARDIS had a way of playing with time inside the ship, as The Doctor had already mentioned. When Blue had wandered off to mourn, he had come back just in time to join the fight, to hold back the tide of Superboy-Prime long enough for them to make off with their latest newcomer.

When he'd wandered off this time to try and get his head on straight and bake bread and pack a lunch, he got back to the group just in time for The Doctor to explain the interior of The Sun Room.

The Doctor smiled brightly at Blue, nodding to him gratefully-- grateful for his help, for his presence, and grateful that he seemed to be a bit more... focused, now?



The Doctor squinted. "...six? Blimey. I hope they were a bit better than the just-one they churned out in most timelines. Perhaps less catastrophic studio meddling? They better be good. The Fantastic Four deserve a good movie, a good movie franchise-- and if six FanFour films means MBJ doesn't get to be in Black Panther, he should still get to be in something brilliant."

The red-grassy ground beneath their feet trembled like a mild earthquake-- was The TARDIS experiencing turbulence in The Bleed?

No, they'd landed again.

"Bleeding Hell," The Doctor snarled, pun intentional, and immediately sprinted for the door to The Sun Room with her long loping strides and her rubber-soled shoes clapping turf and then floor as she went.

"Jon, stay here, get a tan, focus up!"

"I'm going to see where she's parked us now!"

She didn't give Kyle or Blue instructions-- they could either stay here and take in the piece of peace and quiet that was The Sun Room, talk more with SuperJon...

...or they could pelt after her and find out what strange left turn their lives had taken this time.

The halls and the walls blurred by as she ran-- she was no speedster, not like Barry, though she could hypothetically use her powers to tap into The Speed Force-- there was already an equation for that--

--but she could still hit a whole 'nother gear if it came to that.

Skidding to a halt in The Console Room, The Doctor hurried to the monitor to try and get a sensor sweep of the exterior...

...but then more turbulence rocked The TARDIS and, utterly unexpectedly, the doors blew inward and opened up to the great wide gulping gulf of outer space.

The TARDIS' temporal grace field created an "airlock" effect in the doorway, a selectively-permeable force membrane that could allow passengers to step in or out but would prevent hazardous environments from getting in-- the explosive decompression of space and radiation of space, the crushing depths of the sea floor, even The Bleed would flow by that doorway without seeping in.

But there was a rift out there. A rift in time and space and it was--

--it was jangling The Doctor's senses. She fell to one knee again, scrunching her eyes shut, clapping her hands over her ears, trying to keep her equilibrium.

She staggered to her feet and hurried to the doorway, squinting out as she tried to figure out what The Hell was going on.



Seeing how dire the situation was, how panic-inducing-- The Doctor nevertheless steadied her hearts and held up her sonic screwdriver. She couldn't shout across the distance, the vacuum of space wouldn't carry sound any more than it would carry heat, but--

--using the screwdriver, she forged a direct link to the Daxamite woman's Omnicomm. Speaking into the screwdriver would be just like speaking into M'Onel's ear.

"Legionnaire! Do you require assistance?"

Where the nass had that small ship come from? What kind of ship was it. More to the point. "Unidentified ship are you FTL capable?" She grabbed another ship and launched it.

"If you are and you have room I would be obliged for a lift. I need to get the last of these ship's clear."
 
Viva La Vega.

Where the nass had that small ship come from? What kind of ship was it. More to the point. "Unidentified ship are you FTL capable?" She grabbed another ship and launched it.

Throwing the ship was a mean feat, even in space!

Another Kryptonian? No-- wait-- Daxamite? That Andromeda crest...

"If you are and you have room I would be obliged for a lift. I need to get the last of these ship's clear."

"Actually," The Doctor replied, with just a hint of bragging, "we're faster than that. You may board when ready, but erm-- might want to pick up your feet? That rift seems to be generating an inverted, self-extrapolating reflex of 6 to the sixth power every six seconds. And that is... all the sixes."
 
Retcon. Puuuuuuuuuunch.

Earth-0.
Near Lake Baikal.
Now.

********​

"HRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" Superman Prime roared at the empty spot where The TARDIS once had been, his fingers currrrrrled into talons.

He dropped to his knees with an Earths-rattling whoooom, teeth gritted, seething with every inch of him, every sinew, every tendon...

"No. No. No. They don't get to... embarrass me like that."

"I'm not stupid. I'm not weak. They don't get to treat me like--"

He surged to his feet, tears of rage boiling in his eyes.

"NO!"

He threw a punch at nowhere, at nothing, at the air.

And hit...

...something?

...hit reality itself so hard the whole timeline shook.

Time bruised.

Events hemorrhaged.

Michael B. Jordan lost a few sequels.

Barry Allen became The Flash five minutes later than scheduled, but made up the time later.

A third, much smaller Kryptonian pod popped out of an uncharted pocket universe and crashlanded in the middle of The Fortress of Solitude, much to Kelex' distress.

Superman Prime drew back his fist again.

Threw another punch.

Time quaked.

Continuity ruptured.

The barriers between universes started to splinter.

"I'm coming for you."

"Coming for you all."
 
Throwing the ship was a mean feat, even in space!

Another Kryptonian? No-- wait-- Daxamite? That Andromeda crest...



"Actually," The Doctor replied, with just a hint of bragging, "we're faster than that. You may board when ready, but erm-- might want to pick up your feet? That rift seems to be generating an inverted, self-extrapolating reflex of 6 to the sixth power every six seconds. And that is... all the sixes."

"Good. Glad it can get is clear. Buffee your ship's sensors for a second, then we can get out of here. I have a bit of tech to test. Just hope Querla was joking about the fried brain part."

Laurel reached down to a device on her belt. Brainiac Five had dubbed it a white solar Ray generator. She had told Laurel that it would super harge her for about two minutes or it would overload her and fry her brain. Laurel hit the switch. There was a blazing white flare and M'Onel was away at speeds she could never have achieved before. Ship after ship blinked away. Until it was just the T.A.R.D.I.S. and the Tiberius. M'Onel floated basking in a blazing white aura in front of the Tiberius.

She said in a vey cold tone, "I ought to leave you here Governor. I ought to leave you to die. But it is your lucky day. I am in a good mood."

She grabbed the Tiberius and hurled it away from the rift. The force of the throw took the white aura 28th it leaving an exhauasted Laurel floating with her skein suit snapping about her.

"Think I am going to need a pick up kind soul." She managed to get out.
 
Five Things Go Wrong: Three.

"Good. Glad it can get is clear. Buffee your ship's sensors for a second, then we can get out of here. I have a bit of tech to test. Just hope Querla was joking about the fried brain part."

"You... what?" Jamie blinked slowly, frowning-- and then her eyes widened and, whipping her screwdriver out and away to aim at The Console, she hit the trigger, ramping up the filters on the aforementioned temporal grace field... "Bloody Blue Peter--!"

Laurel reached down to a device on her belt. Brainiac Five had dubbed it a white solar Ray generator. She had told Laurel that it would super harge her for about two minutes or it would overload her and fry her brain. Laurel hit the switch. There was a blazing white flare and M'Onel was away at speeds she could never have achieved before. Ship after ship blinked away. Until it was just the T.A.R.D.I.S. and the Tiberius. M'Onel floated basking in a blazing white aura in front of the Tiberius.

She said in a vey cold tone, "I ought to leave you here Governor. I ought to leave you to die. But it is your lucky day. I am in a good mood."

She grabbed the Tiberius and hurled it away from the rift.

Lowering her hand from her eyes-- even with the filters, her senses were so enhanced that that white flare had been momentarily blinding...

"That's the way," The Doctor murmured. "Now c'mon, c'mon, c'mon... discretion is the better part of valor..."

The force of the throw took the white aura 28th it leaving an exhauasted Laurel floating with her skein suit snapping about her.

"Think I am going to need a pick up kind soul." She managed to get out.

"Easily arranged," The Doctor nodded, momentarily ruing the fact that the Solar Incarna she kept running into today also kept flattening their batteries. "Hold tight. Got a patch of red grass in The Sun Room with your name on it."

Telekinesis was one of the less expensive expressions of her power, after all.

A tiger in The Big Cat Rescue in Tampa Bay, Florida on Earth-14 would just have to take a longer nap in the sun than usual.

The Doctor flung out her hand like a Jedi using The Force, pulling M'Onel across towards The TARDIS' open doors...

But right about then...

...right about then, just a little above the rift and to the left...

...there came the sound of distant pounding thunder, even in the vacuous soundlessness of space.

And then red jagged cracks started forming in the trackless black of that patch of space...

...and a wild, furious, half-naked Superman Prime crashed through that gap with a snarl etched upon his countenance.

"NOBODY MAKES ME LOOK STUPID!"

"NOBODY!"

The Doctor's eyes snapped wide, and she hauled on M'Onel, yanking the impossibly beautiful blonde warrior towards her even harder with her mind...

"...must go faster, must go faster..."

...but would it be fast enough?
 
"You... what?" Jamie blinked slowly, frowning-- and then her eyes widened and, whipping her screwdriver out and away to aim at The Console, she hit the trigger, ramping up the filters on the aforementioned temporal grace field... "Bloody Blue Peter--!"




Lowering her hand from her eyes-- even with the filters, her senses were so enhanced that that white flare had been momentarily blinding...

"That's the way," The Doctor murmured. "Now c'mon, c'mon, c'mon... discretion is the better part of valor..."



"Easily arranged," The Doctor nodded, momentarily ruing the fact that the Solar Incarna she kept running into today also kept flattening their batteries. "Hold tight. Got a patch of red grass in The Sun Room with your name on it."

Telekinesis was one of the less expensive expressions of her power, after all.

A tiger in The Big Cat Rescue in Tampa Bay, Florida on Earth-14 would just have to take a longer nap in the sun than usual.

The Doctor flung out her hand like a Jedi using The Force, pulling M'Onel across towards The TARDIS' open doors...

But right about then...

...right about then, just a little above the rift and to the left...

...there came the sound of distant pounding thunder, even in the vacuous soundlessness of space.

And then red jagged cracks started forming in the trackless black of that patch of space...

...and a wild, furious, half-naked Superman Prime crashed through that gap with a snarl etched upon his countenance.

"NOBODY MAKES ME LOOK STUPID!"

"NOBODY!"

The Doctor's eyes snapped wide, and she hauled on M'Onel, yanking the impossibly beautiful blonde warrior towards her even harder with her mind...

"...must go faster, must go faster..."

...but would it be fast enough?

Laurel saw the look in her benefactor"s face and looked back. Bloody Nass was the guy coming in hot. And the kind soul looked scared.

Laurel might be wiped out but she had one thing left. Her flight ring. And exhausted or not she still had willpower. She launched herself at the ship. Sprock she wished she still had the ring from the time she had been selected as the first new Green Lantern since Ronna Vidar died. Laurel had willpower to burn and burn it she did.
 
The Doctor smirked softly at Kyle, and in the deep brown of her eyes, there was a smolder like a sun rising around the edge of the Earth as seen from orbit. Was she... agreeing? Was she... teasing?

"In my life, I'm not often permitted the luxury of... stupidity," she confessed, ruefully. "But I am..." she gnawed on her lower lip for a moment, "...enchanted by the offer, and hardly opposed to the idea."

And she was off and running away again. But Kyles eyes caught a glimpse of her ass. Granted it was covered in that rather tight brown material, but !!!DAMN!!!

Chasing after, just in case she needed saving from herself. Again.

*****

The place hated him. It had to. He made five left turns in a row and ended up back with super and Mr. Blue. Snarling he focused on her, drawing the room around her, seeing her in THE CONSOLE ROOM. And opened the door.

Stepping into the Console room he saw her standing in front of the open doorway. “My God It's Full of Stars!!!” God he was going to giggle. He was in space, looking at.. a girl flying towards them. “Supergirl?” he murmured confused.

And then he saw.. “Guys.. er.. girls… HURRRY THE FUCK UP!!!” Jumping to the side of the open doors he braced himself, ready to slam them shut as soon as she was on board. Then it dawned on him. He was standing next to a door to open space. “WE do want her on board, right?”
 
Little boy blue come blow your horn.

He'd always been a supporting character in the dramas that entered his life. He just didn't have the initiative. Heck he was known for falling asleep while the sheep got loose. It was always someone else that woke him to take action, fix the situation, make things better. Even his one man crusade against the Adversary had been at the prompting of Prince Charming. The experience had only left him with regret. Sure he kept getting up after each stumble and fall, but each time it sucked just as much as the last. Some people, and he knew it had to be people like The Doctor, Kyle, and Superman, were never phased by falling down. The look Kyle gave him made Blue sure that Kyle had never fallen down. He was the sort of man that just won at life and was curious at best as to why others struggled so. It was one of the reasons why Blue was so intimidated by the man.

The Doctor said:
The Doctor smiled brightly at Blue, nodding to him gratefully-- grateful for his help, for his presence, and grateful that he seemed to be a bit more... focused, now?

He was not he verge of speaking when The Doctor's smile caught him off guard. It reminded him of the type of smile the Empress used to give him. It was a punk to the gut. He grimaced and nodded his head at a loss for what to say now. The initiative sprung away from him. He sunk against the wall of the Sun Room, giving up on offering his crappy sandwiches to the group as some sort of awkward apology for fucking up the rescue of Superman from Prime. Instead, he melted further into the scenery. He was very good at pulling himself into himself when he didn't want to be noticed. People had a tendency to overlook him. The Cloak only augmented his ability to be a wall flower.

Instead he let group banter about movies, a subject he was in love with but nevertheless didn't feel like jumping in on. The last movie he'd seen was with Red, and they hadn't seen much of it. It was too painful to dwell on that thought.

The Doctor flirted with Kyle and explained things to Superman, all the while Blue just watched, itching to take a bite of his sandwich but it was awkward now that he'd decided not to share to be the only one eating.

The Doctor said:
The red-grassy ground beneath their feet trembled like a mild earthquake-- was The TARDIS experiencing turbulence in The Bleed?

No, they'd landed again.

"Bleeding Hell," The Doctor snarled, pun intentional, and immediately sprinted for the door to The Sun Room with her long loping strides and her rubber-soled shoes clapping turf and then floor as she went.

"Jon, stay here, get a tan, focus up!"

"I'm going to see where she's parked us now!"

She didn't give Kyle or Blue instructions-- they could either stay here and take in the piece of peace and quiet that was The Sun Room, talk more with SuperJon...

...or they could pelt after her and find out what strange left turn their lives had taken this time.

It was like he didn't exist. The Doctor had no orders for him. While she hadn't said a word to Kyle, the glance that passed between them and the way Kyle stared after The Doctor left Blue sure they'd communicated in one way or another. Blue sighed. He wanted to run after her and do something...But he didn't want to fuck things up either.

Kyle didn't hesitate. The man knew what he wanted and he got it.

Blue watched Kyle tear open the door after it closed behind The Doctor. Blue almost rose to follow but didn't. A minute later Kyle re-emerged. The look on the man's face could crack stone. Blue was drawn to those deadly green eyes. It was like being punched in the gut. Blue looked away, pulling the Witching Cloak tighter about himself.

Kyle said:
The place hated him. It had to. He made five left turns in a row and ended up back with super and Mr. Blue. Snarling he focused on her, drawing the room around her, seeing her in THE CONSOLE ROOM. And opened the door.

Blue heard Kyle. The door lingered open. Blue laid a hand upon the Phone Booth and sighed again, pushing himself erect.

“My God It's Full of Stars!!!”

There was something odd? Hysterical? Gleeful? In Kyle's voice. Something that drew Blue in like a fisherman setting a hook. Even the man's words commanded attention. Blue could just see the entrance to the Phone Booth through the Sun Room's open door. Pure, timeless blackness painted the entryway and studded to was a see of living, glittering diamonds. Could it really be outer space? Somehow visiting parallel earths wasn't that weird. The Homelands had numerous worlds, not parallel but numerous. But no one had ever touched the stars.

“Supergirl?” Kyle sounded confused.

Blue started walking towards the Console Room. He took his time. He didn't want to mess anything up or get in the way, but neither did he want to miss a view of outer space. Or one of his greatest wet dreams...Could it really be Supergirl? Like a man waking up from a dream, the depression of being responsible for the death of his world warred with the possibility of the future. That's what hope did.

Blue joined Kyle, invisible behind the man, and then he also saw. All of it. The infinite expanse of black riddled with gleaming white stars. Real stars. The vast tide of nothingness stole all words and thoughts. It was beautiful. It was space.

Kyle said:
“Guys.. er.. girls… HURRRY THE FUCK UP!!!” Jumping to the side of the open doors he braced himself, ready to slam them shut as soon as she was on board. Then it dawned on him. He was standing next to a door to open space. “WE do want her on board, right?”

"Yes," Blue whispered. His eyes watched The Doctor working some sort of magic to grab and drags Supergirl. Supergirl had her hand raised, curled into a fist, and a ring gleams upon her finger. They were both working to move Supergirl, but it wasn't enough. Wasn't going to be fast enough. Prime was there. Prime was angry. Prime was too fast.

If the Witching Cloak had been at full power, Blue could have teleported there, but it wasn't. Then he was moving without thinking. He spun, gathering the Witching Cloak up. He wadded it up until it was a ball, and stuffed it into the opening of Gabriel's Horn. He lifted the horn to his mouth. Steadying himself, he gauged the distance and the target. "Fly true, old friend. Bring her back to us." Then he blew and shot the cloak like a cannon ball along a ballistic arc to hit Supergirl. The Witching Cloak was dark almost invisible in space, so it was all but impossible to follow. The only sign was the occasional occlusion of starlight.
 
The cloak flew true. Billowing out as it reached Laurel, wrapping her in it's folds. It then did as asked depositting the fatigued Daxamite at blue's feet.

"Not one to be unappreciative here, but can we run away now?"
 
Will you find them? "No, not you; For if you do, they will surely cry.

Kyle said:
“Guys.. er.. girls… HURRRY THE FUCK UP!!!” Jumping to the side of the open doors he braced himself, ready to slam them shut as soon as she was on board. Then it dawned on him. He was standing next to a door to open space. “WE do want her on board, right?”

"Yes," Blue whispered. His eyes watched The Doctor working some sort of magic to grab and drags Supergirl. Supergirl had her hand raised, curled into a fist, and a ring gleams upon her finger. They were both working to move Supergirl, but it wasn't enough. Wasn't going to be fast enough. Prime was there. Prime was angry. Prime was too fast.

If the Witching Cloak had been at full power, Blue could have teleported there, but it wasn't. Then he was moving without thinking. He spun, gathering the Witching Cloak up. He wadded it up until it was a ball, and stuffed it into the opening of Gabriel's Horn. He lifted the horn to his mouth. Steadying himself, he gauged the distance and the target. "Fly true, old friend. Bring her back to us." Then he blew and shot the cloak like a cannon ball along a ballistic arc to hit Supergirl. The Witching Cloak was dark almost invisible in space, so it was all but impossible to follow. The only sign was the occasional occlusion of starlight.

The cloak didn't so much hit Supergirl and swallow her. It spurted through space and time, hiccuping back into reality in jumps and fits. In those times that it was present, Supergirl was left to her own powers. Blue watched the girl of his dreams float, fly, and teleport her way towards him. He shook his head. Now was not the time for those feelings. His own Hope was betraying his feelings, draining the septic pus in his soul. Damn it.

He blinked too long, and she was there. Her body heaving and gasping for air. She looked like meat ran through the grinder, but she was also radiant like sunshine peaking through storm clouds. He grimaced, meaning to smile and say something charming, but instead he pulled her to her feet.

Laurel said:
"Not one to be unappreciative here, but can we run away now?"

"Shhh," Blue said. It felt wrong to take the cloak from her, but the Witching Cloak leapt off her and onto his back with a low whistle. He winced, sighed, and then walked back to the door. He turned and the cloak fanned out around him. Even if they closed the door, Prime could pound it open. Blue had no doubt of that. Prime could follow them.

Blue gripped the open edges of the door. The Witching Cloak blossomed out and bent the light around the ship. After all, on the outside it was only a six foot tall phone booth, and the Cloak could manipulate a volume that small with ease.

Space was vast, infinite, and black. Now the exterior of the booth was a part of that sea of black. With any luck Prime would think they'd gone. Maybe Prime would leave, rage driving him to lash out.
His eyes flickered to the Doctor and panic welled up inside of him. Was he fucking up some vast plan she had again? All his training told him, if you were being pursued slip behind your pursuer. Disappear behind the enemy lines. Go dark. Fall away. But you'll never win if you remain the quarry. Never let them maintain sente.
 
Kyle

"Not one to be unappreciative here, but can we run away now?"

Kyle wanted the door closed.. now. But he looked at Jamie.. Doctor Jamie, he corrected himself. Hoping she didn’t have some crazy hairbrained but wildly effective subplot super trick up her sleeve. “Even Gandolf said.. Run you Fools. And I ain’t no fool of a Took, so I know when to beat feet and head for the hills. So now can we GO!!?”
 
Riddles in The Dark.

The cloak flew true. Billowing out as it reached Laurel, wrapping her in it's folds. It then did as asked depositting the fatigued Daxamite at blue's feet.

"Not one to be unappreciative here, but can we run away now?"

"Shhh," Blue said. It felt wrong to take the cloak from her, but the Witching Cloak leapt off her and onto his back with a low whistle. He winced, sighed, and then walked back to the door. He turned and the cloak fanned out around him. Even if they closed the door, Prime could pound it open. Blue had no doubt of that. Prime could follow them.

Blue gripped the open edges of the door. The Witching Cloak blossomed out and bent the light around the ship. After all, on the outside it was only a six foot tall phone booth, and the Cloak could manipulate a volume that small with ease.

Space was vast, infinite, and black. Now the exterior of the booth was a part of that sea of black.

Superman Prime had been inches from M'Onel's heel when she first vanished. He roared with frustration and bewilderment-- bewilderment that only compounded as M'Onel stutter-stepped through space-- materialized on the deck of The TARDIS--

--and then the whole thing vanished.

"NO!" he screamed. "Again with the disappearing act!"

He curled a fist at empty space and bellowed at the top of impossible lungs: "You don't get away so easy! YOU DON'T GET AWAY AT ALL!"

His eyes flickered to the Doctor and panic welled up inside of him. Was he fucking up some vast plan she had again?

The Doctor smiled gently at him, gestured consolingly. <"Easy, Gabriel,"> she thought at him. <"Smart move.">

Kyle wanted the door closed.. now. But he looked at Jamie.. Doctor Jamie, he corrected himself. Hoping she didn’t have some crazy hairbrained but wildly effective subplot super trick up her sleeve. “Even Gandolf said.. Run you Fools. And I ain’t no fool of a Took, so I know when to beat feet and head for the hills. So now can we GO!!?”

The Doctor flicked her fingers in the air, mentally adjusting the temporal grace field so that it wouldn't let sound out into space for physics-defying super-hearing to pick up.

<"Razanur Tûk is way less of a fool than people tend to think,"> The Doctor pointed out, telepathically communicating with the whole group. <"And-- no-- just a second-- I'm fast-forwarding.">

She closed her eyes for a moment.

And shuddered. And went pale-- not for the first time today-- her freckles standing out in stark relief.

Her eyes snapped wide.

<"Yeah, yeah, we're getting out of here right now.">

She practically hurtled to The Console.

Hammered switches and resumed the autopilot.

As the TARDIS dropped back into The Bleed, the doors tugged shut out of Blue's grip.

Resuming her spoken voice, The Doctor declared: "Everyone, this is-- erm--" she squinted "--M'Onel of Daxam-11. We'll do introductions all round in a mo'." Beat. "Nell."

"Would someone mind helping her to The Sun Room with Jon? M'Onel, it'll charge you back up in moments after that flare-out. We're going to need you at full steam if that berk catches up with us. When he catches up with us."

Her cheek twitched. "Shan't be long now."
 
Back
Top