Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eilan said:
Does our car have a goddamned "Hit Me" sign on it?
Ouch! Much damge this time.?
Personally I'm a kangaroo magnet, three roos, three different vehichles.

EJFan said:
i can't believe BG's boobies are gone. :(

it's a sad day in lit-dom. *sobs uncontrollably*

btw, 17 minutes 'til tourney time.

Awww...{{{{EJ}}}} Don't cry. :rose:

Go win pots of money!

quoll said:
Ouch! Much damge this time.?
Probably not too much damage, but it's dark, so my hubby hasn't had a chance to look the car over yet.

My hubby was sitting at a red light and the guy was stopped behind him. For some reason he rolled into our car. Stupid inattentive asshat.

Personally I'm a kangaroo magnet, three roos, three different vehichles.
Yow! I've heard they can do some damage.

Eilan said:
Probably not too much damage, but it's dark, so my hubby hasn't had a chance to look the car over yet.

My hubby was sitting at a red light and the guy was stopped behind him. For some reason he rolled into our car. Stupid inattentive asshat.

I've been lucky, one hit right on the front corner, broke the lights and crumpled the guard, but not too bad, the other one was in the truck and he just sort of bounced off, the third was last week at 100kmh he just jumped straight in front of me, fortunately my old ute has a solid steel guard on the front, although he bent it quite a bit.

quoll said:
I've been lucky, one hit right on the front corner, broke the lights and crumpled the guard, but not too bad, the other one was in the truck and he just sort of bounced off, the third was last week at 100kmh he just jumped straight in front of me, fortunately my old ute has a solid steel guard on the front, although he bent it quite a bit.

how did the kangaroos fare from it?

Eilan said:

Was the driver elderly? A little old lady rear-ended me and pushed me into another lane of traffic once. Thank God there was no cross traffic. She wasn't too keen on calling the police, said she was looking for her library card and didn't see me. :rolleyes:

When her insurance company called me, I found out I was her second accident in a week. Yikes.

Willing and Unsure said:
how did the kangaroos fare from it?
The first and third both went under the wheels, so kakapoo, the other one was back in the same spot the next day, glutton for punishment.

bobsgirl said:
Was the driver elderly? A little old lady rear-ended me and pushed me into another lane of traffic once. Thank God there was no cross traffic. She wasn't too keen on calling the police, said she was looking for her library card and didn't see me. :rolleyes:
Not sure about the age of the driver. I wasn't there. My hubby had gone to the store by himself after I'd put the kiddies to bed.

We'll look at the car tomorrow when the light's a little better to see if there's anything that needs to be fixed. My hubby has the guy's name and number.

I asked, "What if the name and number that he gave you are fake?" He responded, "I also wrote down his plate number." :cool:

Poor guy. My hubby was fucking with him. They pulled the cars off the road, and my hubby checked the power liftgate to make sure it still worked. Our golf clubs were in the back of the car. My hubby said, "Damn. Looks like we'll both need a new set of clubs."

What's important is that my hubby's okay, and he is. It's just frustrating and potentially inconvenient.

When her insurance company called me, I found out I was her second accident in a week. Yikes.
Damn. It's tough, though to give up driving. My grandma went through this about four or five years ago. She hated giving up her independence, but she was afraid that she was going to hurt someone.

I don't know what else I can do, I can only stand on my record, it's not like I haven't made any attempt.

Eilan said:
Does our car have a goddamned "Hit Me" sign on it?
this is what happens when you soap "hit on me" on your back window but forget to wash the mud off that's obscuring the middle word. :eek:

did we have a collision again eilan? i hope everyone's ok.

well... for inquiring minds (and i know there are hundreds, nay, thousands of you) i busted out in the caddy freeroll. :(

it turns out that from the 10 person table there were only three of us who actually showed up. all the others who had registered were seated and blinding down automatically. there was one live player immediately to my right... hyper-aggressive... and this is perfect to have that type of player acting immediately before me on every hand.

i busted another live player or two (they fill the seats as tables get consolidated down), as did she. we were fairly even the whole time, with about a 2k chip differential on any given hand.

on my last hand i woke up with sigfried and roy (pocket queens). she raised 2x the big blind and i doubled that back at her. she called. flop was 5-7-8. she bet, i raised. 4th street was a J. she moved all in and i called (she had me covered). 5th street was unimportant... she had the straight and i busted.

sad thing is that i knew she had the straight when i called her. i was tossed up between her overbetting the pot because she was hyper-aggressive and had a moderate hand, or she was overbetting the pot because she thought i'd think she was bluffing. she thought right. :D it's a good play and one i would use with fake money too.

oh well, life goes on... nothing lost and now i know how these freerolls are with lots of "empty" seats. we'll get 'em next time.

edit to add: i'm registered to run another satellite for this tourney on the 20th. i go forward wiser and determinder.

Last edited:
EJFan said:
well... for inquiring minds (and i know there are hundreds, nay, thousands of you) i busted out in the caddy freeroll. :(

it turns out that from the 10 person table there were only three of us who actually showed up. all the others who had registered were seated and blinding down automatically. there was one live player immediately to my right... hyper-aggressive... and this is perfect to have that type of player acting immediately before me on every hand.

i busted another live player or two (they fill the seats as tables get consolidated down), as did she. we were fairly even the whole time, with about a 2k chip differential on any given hand.

on my last hand i woke up with sigfried and roy (pocket queens). This can happen if you go out drinking she raised 2x the big blind and i doubled that back at her.So, like the whole street could see? she called. flop was 5-7-8.Impressive she bet, i raised. 4th street was a J. she moved all in and i called (she had me covered). How long is she staying for? 5th street was unimportant... she had the straight and i busted.So was it sigfreid or roy that turned out to be straight?

sad thing is that i knew she had the straight when i called her. i was tossed up between herToo much alcohol again huh. overbetting the pot because she was hyper-aggressive and had a moderate hand, or she was overbetting the pot because she thought i'd think she was bluffing. she thought right. :D it's a good play and one i would use with fake money too.

oh well, life goes on... nothing lost and now i know how these freerolls are with lots of "empty" seats. we'll get 'em next time.

edit to add: i'm registered to run another satellite for this tourney on the 20th. i go forward wiser and determinder.
Damn, I had faith in you too man.

Rings airport to cancel tickets, 30k, shit.

Woo hoo!!! :D

I've got a buyer for the ring... And at my "buy it now" price of $3,000. :D

And my gf has a buyer for her house... She should be signing the papers today. :D

phoenix1224 said:
Woo hoo!!! :D

I've got a buyer for the ring... And at my "buy it now" price of $3,000. :D

And my gf has a buyer for her house... She should be signing the papers today. :D

Good for you, phoenix! Great news that it worked out for you!

If I ever grow a spine and learn to say no, it will be a miracle. I am too soft-hearted.

sassy_girl1963 said:
This sounds like an interesting story.....want to enlighten the rest of us???? tee hee

Well, It started out as a normal Spring Break...I stay in my pajamas as long as physically possible before reluctantly putting on real clothes. The puppy had to go out, so like a good puppy caretaker, I went outside with her...

Let me explain, the pj bottoms are about 3 sizes too big and I had a huge sweatshirt on...with nothing on underneath my pjs. Not to mention my hair was a complete curly disaster since it is vacation...why straighten it every day, right?

The ONE day I am home, my farmer neighbor friend stops by to chit chat. I am trying to hold my pants up, my sweatshirt down, hang onto the leash with puppy acting like a grown up watchdog, and smoothe my curls tossing in the wind. It was NOT a Kodak moment! :eek:

pleasteasme said:
Well, It started out as a normal Spring Break...I stay in my pajamas as long as physically possible before reluctantly putting on real clothes. The puppy had to go out, so like a good puppy caretaker, I went outside with her...

Let me explain, the pj bottoms are about 3 sizes too big and I had a huge sweatshirt on...with nothing on underneath my pjs. Not to mention my hair was a complete curly disaster since it is vacation...why straighten it every day, right?

The ONE day I am home, my farmer neighbor friend stops by to chit chat. I am trying to hold my pants up, my sweatshirt down, hang onto the leash with puppy acting like a grown up watchdog, and smoothe my curls tossing in the wind. It was NOT a Kodak moment! :eek:

Is this a farmer neighbor friend the young studly type or the older-than-Moses type? I bet he thought you were cute.

Tease, you're on spring break! Every time I've been here today, there you are! (And that's saying something--i've been wasting a lot of time here today. :eek: ) Not that you're wasting time, of course... :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back