How to delete Literotica account

I haven't insulted anyone...

Or... This website could create a deactivate/delete option, and welcome itself into the 21st century.

I agree!

This site could use a major upgrade. I mean even the cheapest jack-off sites allow you to delete your account.

No, I want to keep this account and delete another. Read the other posts before commenting.

I have, and they make very little sense.

Why do you want to delete an account?

If you have written something embarrassing, delete it.
If you do not want that account, abandon it.

Rule 12 in the Forum Guidelines:

12. We will not remove your posts or your account. You have the ability to edit out any text and remove any attachments on your own. The administrators will not delete your posts just because you changed your mind about what you said. You can edit your own posts as you see fit. Please do not contact us about removing your posts.

Link to the full guidelines that you agreed to when you signed up: http://www.literotica.com/support/forum_rules.shtml

:)

Rule 12 in the Forum Guidelines:

12. We will not remove your posts or your account. You have the ability to edit out any text and remove any attachments on your own. The administrators will not delete your posts just because you changed your mind about what you said. You can edit your own posts as you see fit. Please do not contact us about removing your posts.

Link to the full guidelines that you agreed to when you signed up: http://www.literotica.com/support/forum_rules.shtml

:)

So... you will or you won't delete our accounts? ;)

I have, and they make very little sense.

Why do you want to delete an account?

If you have written something embarrassing, delete it.
If you do not want that account, abandon it.

Because I don't use the account. Why would I want to keep something I don't use.

The tone that implied you looked down on people for posting more than you was what was offensive, dude. Stop being intentionally obtuse on the pretense you don't know what you did wrong.

Wow... The littlest things upset people around here. I pointed out people have posted a lot on this website. How is that offensive? Why are people so angry?

Here's a thought.
Since there have been about a dozen threads about this exact same topic (some with pretty much the same name even) just in the last month maybe you could look at some of those before starting a new one. As I recall some of those got answers that were far more helpful than having a little hissy fit because the site isn't set up so that you can do what you want in just the way you want to do it.
Now that's just me. If this is working for you then by all means proceed. I just had 2 cents to spend.

Wow... The littlest things upset people around here. I pointed out people have posted a lot on this website. How is that offensive? Why are people so angry?

:rolleyes:

Ever hear about throwing stones in glass houses? Please, you're a reasonable person I'm sure, cut out the act, apologize like a grownup, take your lumps and move on.

Here's a thought.
Since there have been about a dozen threads about this exact same topic (some with pretty much the same name even) just in the last month maybe you could look at some of those before starting a new one. As I recall some of those got answers that were far more helpful than having a little hissy fit because the site isn't set up so that you can do what you want in just the way you want to do it.
Now that's just me. If this is working for you then by all means proceed. I just had 2 cents to spend.

Genuinely the first response I got from someone was mean spirited. I've noticed that in a lot of threads. Most people on here are angry for no reason! I didn't have a "hissy fit" I asked a simple question and relieved an unhelpful and mean response. I just commented that people have more posts than I do, and all the people who spend too much time on this website spent their two cents, as you would say.

I don't spend my entire life on this website unlike some people... I still think there should be an option for people to just delete their accounts or at least disable them. You can on 99% of websites out there.

This may or may not be what you want to hear, however here goes.

I was on a forum years back that I wanted out of but I just did not have the willpower to stop logging in, because I had been to that site for so long. Despite not wanting to be there anymore, it was a ritual type thing so I just could not stop.

So what I did, and someone else here referred to it, is to do the following:

1. Change the password to something gibberishy. Type some random letters/numbers or just tap at the keyboard in a notepad. Something like "alikgfahlkfrjalkdrqjl345j3klu54rfd"

2. Once you set your password to that, then set up a temporary email address. There's various ones that will expire in 30 minutes or so (even sooner).

3. Change your email address and when you have to verify it via the email, you can go to that email, verify it, and then you should be golden.

4. Log out of the Lit account and clear your cookies/browsing history (or simply go in and manually delete the Lit cookies).

As long as you can hold out until the temp email account self-deletes, there's no way for you to log back in.

You have deleted the notepad that had the password of gibberish, so you can't log in. You can't recover the account via the "lost password" reset, because it'll require you to have access to the email of record, which is no longer in existence.

That way you CAN'T log in, and your brain will now just be able to move on. At least mine did. :)

Then you can simply stick to this one.

Genuinely the first response I got from someone was mean spirited. I've noticed that in a lot of threads. Most people on here are angry for no reason! I didn't have a "hissy fit" I asked a simple question and relieved an unhelpful and mean response. I just commented that people have more posts than I do, and all the people who spend too much time on this website spent their two cents, as you would say.

Oh FFS!

Yes I'm being a bit less than warm and fuzzy here but there are a few things you haven't considered.

In the first place how much time and how often others post here really does not impact you in the least. Why you would choose to ask for help and then antagonize the very people who know more than you because they spend more time here and would therefore know the answer and be able to provide you with an answer is beyond me. Pointing out that the site is lacking in a function with which to do what you wish to do is useless unless that was the point of your thread--in which case it should have been titled "Why can't I delete my Lit account?"

In the second place the people here are some of the kindest and most helpful on this forum when presented with problems of consequence or issues that are complex and beyond a simple resolution. I've been on the receiving end of that kindness and giving nature and it was a blessing. Don't mistake impatience with petty redundant questions for lack of decency or human feeling.

In the third place you might stop and think that your question WAS in fact petty and redundant. A search using the Advanced Search function (to isolate the HT forum only) would have given you your answer and then some in one of the 34 threads created on this topic.
As a second option you could simply have PM'd the people who are responsible for such things and asked.

I stand by hissy fit. Before you ask a question and lash out at the people who do their best to give you an answer you should consider doing a bit of homework and looking for the answer yourself. This one, it turns out, wasn't that difficult to find.

I miss you Lady! :kiss:

To the OP.... Why delete? Just stop posting and visiting this site. :eek:

I miss you Lady! :kiss:

To the OP.... Why delete? Just stop posting and visiting this site. :eek:
well that works--sorta
unless you have people go all mushy and say they miss you and make you feel bad for leaving.
(sniffle)
now I wanna hug!!!

Literotica should have atleast warned the user while subscription !

I agree!

This site could use a major upgrade. I mean even the cheapest jack-off sites allow you to delete your account.

True very true..... What i say is, Literotica should have atleast warned the user before they subscribe ! Thats honesty..
Of course it may be in the TandC. But common, do u really expect users to read ur novel about ur terms and conditions before subscription? ... The point about "u cant delete once signed in" should have been very explicit before signing in ..
Finding that u cant come out clean once u get in and dont warn them before hand, is like u r cheating people!
Shame on ur part literotica.

Last edited:
Best Reply..!

This may or may not be what you want to hear, however here goes.

I was on a forum years back that I wanted out of but I just did not have the willpower to stop logging in, because I had been to that site for so long. Despite not wanting to be there anymore, it was a ritual type thing so I just could not stop.

So what I did, and someone else here referred to it, is to do the following:

1. Change the password to something gibberishy. Type some random letters/numbers or just tap at the keyboard in a notepad. Something like "alikgfahlkfrjalkdrqjl345j3klu54rfd"

2. Once you set your password to that, then set up a temporary email address. There's various ones that will expire in 30 minutes or so (even sooner).

3. Change your email address and when you have to verify it via the email, you can go to that email, verify it, and then you should be golden.

4. Log out of the Lit account and clear your cookies/browsing history (or simply go in and manually delete the Lit cookies).

As long as you can hold out until the temp email account self-deletes, there's no way for you to log back in.

You have deleted the notepad that had the password of gibberish, so you can't log in. You can't recover the account via the "lost password" reset, because it'll require you to have access to the email of record, which is no longer in existence.

That way you CAN'T log in, and your brain will now just be able to move on. At least mine did. :)

Then you can simply stick to this one.

I thought of the random password.. but the temp email stuff was cool ! thx buddy and thanx to u again, i m leaving ! lol. i dont know should i be happy or sad (now that i m able to leave) [sobbing]

Easier way...

Just change the verification email to one that doesn't exist. You can no longer login to that account...ever.

True very true..... What i say is, Literotica should have atleast warned the user before they subscribe ! Thats honesty..
Of course it may be in the TandC. But common, do u really expect users to read ur novel about ur terms and conditions before subscription? ... The point about "u cant delete once signed in" should have been very explicit before signing in ..
Finding that u cant come out clean once u get in and dont warn them before hand, is like u r cheating people!
Shame on ur part literotica.
You should PM Laurel and ask her for a refund. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :heart:

In case anyone else is interested in removing their account(s), this is directly from the owner:

Hi!

I want to let you know that you have every right to remove yourself from the site at any time for any reason. If you feel comfortable doing so, I'd appreciate knowing the reason(s) for your decision. We strive to improve Literotica ever day, and your comments can help us mend things that might need mending.

As a security measure and to make sure that the you are the one closing the account, to remove your account you must to log in to your profile at
http://members.literotica.com/
Then Click "Submissions" on the left side
Click "Submit a Story" in the middle menu.
Make the title "REMOVE MEMBERSHIP".
Choose any category (doesn't matter).
In the body of the story, request that your membership be terminated.
Then hit SUBMIT at the bottom of the forum.

All story, poem, and illustration submissions you have made to the site will be removed with your account. Be aware that we do not store site submission data - including votes, comments, and the text itself. Once it is deleted from our servers, we cannot restore it.

Per our Forum Rules (http://www.literotica.com/support/forum_rules.shtml), we do not remove forum posts. If you have posts you would like removed, please do so before you send the above request, as it will be impossible for you to edit them once your account is deleted.

Account cancellations are usually done within 4-7 days.

Thanks for your support, and best of luck in all you do!

Back